GUILTY TN - Benjamin Shook for kidnapping, rape of 14yo girl, Surgoinsville, 2015

You wrote what I was thinking. He is no looker. Sometimes the SO's are young looking but this guy is old and rag tag. What was his attraction?

I was just thinking. Maybe she was just curious and went to meet him and he took her? Did she take personal things with her or just the truck and credit card? Also did she take the credit card or was it in the glove compartment and they found it there? MOO

It isn't likely that she just went to meet him since she left the letters and memory book saying they would only hear from her irregulary until she was 18. From this is it clear she planned on leaving. I don't think they accidentally came across the CC. I think he told her what to do and how to do it JMO

The one who car and card was taken.

That was her stepdad. Yeah, I thought about that too. I know teen girls get into it with their moms but I don't know how stepdad plays into it. I have no evidence to support it but it did cross my mind that something was, um, wrong in the house - something beyond normal teen angst. IYKWIM. JMOO though.

finally caught up on this case. hoping for a miracle here. praying she comes home safe and sound and this is locked up for a long time.

I would think by now that she is full of regret and wanting to escape (MOO), for her sake I hope I am wrong. I don't like the length of time that she has been missing with this disgusting pig.

I agree. She appears haggard in the Exxon surveillance photo. Unfortunately, if she is having second thoughts, I doubt he will allow her to go back.

She was pretty down on herself. My guess is he figured out exactly the things that she wanted and fed into that. I pray they are located soon. Wondering how much he has changed her appearance. Do they know what they bought at Walmart?

Kids that age are addicted (seriously) to SM I think this will be the trick to finding her. Also watching for him to reestablish his contacts on whatever sites he is on.
It has been reported in the media that they were not able to buy anything at the Walmart in NC. The surveillance video supports this.

It has been reported in the media that they were not able to buy anything at the Walmart in NC. The surveillance video supports this.

Was wondering because he was pushing the cart looked like to the car. Can anyone see in that car or is it out of frame?

Didnt they by camping gear some where. This guy is truly broke. You can have 1 cent in your bank account and still run a check at Walmart electronically for $500 in goods plus get cash back up to $40.

I have done it before fore a laptop that was on sale but my check wasn't coming in to the next day. I was able to deposit my check before the transaction went through my bank.

So this guy doesn't even have a check on him. This young girl has been bombarded by so much. I wonder if she knew his living arrangements.

I don't think many 14 year old girls feel that way, at all. In fact, MOST 14 year old girls aren't susceptible to being kidnapped. It is sad, how abusers can easily spot those who are possible victims.

It's uncanny, really, how clearly they can tell girls who will be silent victims vs. girls who will out them and will call attention of LE to their behaviors.

I agree it is sad, but I don't think this is a special ability abusers possess. I can tell which children would be easy to kidnap and trick. I can tell which pre-teens and teenagers would be easy to take advantage of.

I'll bet you can tell, too. As can most WSers, and possibly most adults. We just don't think of it in those terms. We think of how it will get better one day, that things will be ok, and we wish the child knew that.

I agree it is sad, but I don't think this is a special ability abusers possess. I can tell which children would be easy to kidnap and trick. I can tell which pre-teens and teenagers would be easy to take advantage of.

I'll bet you can tell, too. As can most WSers, and possibly most adults. We just don't think of it in those terms. We think of how it will get better one day, that things will be ok, and we wish the child knew that.

Agree. Plus certain internet forums make it even more easier to target certain kinds. Or just browse fb and see pics and post and you can analyze someone in seconds.

Very sad indeed. Plus since this guy is facing prison time than the outcome isn't to good at the moment.

I wonder if he had a plan b.

Make people think they are broke on the east but they are actually in the west

Was wondering because he was pushing the cart looked like to the car. Can anyone see in that car or is it out of frame?

I think the photo with the cart is of them going into Walmart and the other - without the cart - is them coming out.

http://www.timesnews.net/article/90...ville-teen-sought-with-convicted-sex-offender
http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/Missing-Child-Alert-Hayleigh-Cheyenne-Wilson--310399631.html

ETA: The photos make my skin crawl - they look like father and daughter. Ugh. :puke:

I think the photo with the cart is of them going into Walmart and the other - without the cart - is them coming out.

http://www.timesnews.net/article/90...ville-teen-sought-with-convicted-sex-offender
http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/Missing-Child-Alert-Hayleigh-Cheyenne-Wilson--310399631.html

ETA: The photos make my skin crawl - they look like father and daughter. Ugh. :puke:

I know it is terrible. I hope and pray Cheyenne is found safe and him jailed ASAP.

You can tell by the tone of the sheriff's statement that they are trying to figure out if maybe they fled the area before they got mobilized and started searching. He's hinting that someone may have given them a ride out of there and they are afraid of getting in trouble. LE is in that weird position of not knowing if they should continue to search or not. After searching for the last 3 or 4 days and finding nothing, you can't blame them for at least wondering.

All I know is that Shook and Hh have constantly been on the move since she ran off with him. Shook is smart enough to know that if he sits still too long they are going to catch up to him. I wouldn't be surprised if they hitched a ride with a trucker passing through there, someone not up to date on the news or local either, and headed on down the road. I imagine LE might have the same suspicions, hence the statement they made.

It's a dicey position that LE is in. Do they continue to spend untold hours searching in the hills and mountains, or do they call it off ? My only suggestion would be to flood the entire state with as many flyers and newspaper articles as they can. The more people looking out for them, the better. Don't report they are cornered and boxed in, report that you have no idea where they are and everybody needs to be on the lookout until they surface again. Providing flyers at both homeless shelters and truck stops would be wise.

My guess would be that he went to an area that is more populated. Hiding in a small community where everybody in town is looking out for you isn't going to be easy to do.

http://www.wcyb.com/news/police-release-new-pictures-of-benjamin-shook/33947210

I'm wondering if they're still here, too. If the news of her disappearance hasn't gotten out to much of the public, then they could have hitched rides to anywhere and the people giving them rides wouldn't have a clue as to who they just picked up!

A possible break in the case of missing 14-year-old HW. Over the last few days, two possible sightings of the Surgoinsville teen. Those witnesses also say they saw Benjamin Shook, the convicted sex offender wanted out of Georgia. A little more than hour ago we received word into the newsroom of those two sightings.

Right now, the Wythe County Sheriff's Office has established a command center in Rural Retreat, Virginia. That is where one of the sightings took place.

http://m.wcyb.com/news/possible-sig...oute-law-enforcement-to-wythe-county/34000806

According to the article the confirmed sighting was near a camp off of Cedar Springs Road in Smyth County on July 29th. On July 1, a couple of witnesses say they saw them at the intersection of Ridge Ave. and Etter Road in Rural Retreat, Va. This is unconfirmed.

Sent from my celery phone using Tapatalk.

These possible sightings suggest a couple of important clues. They did not leave the area, at least not before 6/29.

They are probably not following the AT. While their camp at Raccoon Branch was not far from the trail, Rural Retreat seems to be a significant detour.

They have ventured "out in the open" for some reason. Rural Retreat is less isolated than Sugar Grove. It's still rural, but it is more densely populated, has more businesses, and I-81 runs through here. They could have come here in need of supplies, or are looking for a quick way to leave the area. Getting a ride on the interstate, or even US 11, can get them far away very quickly. The only vehicles they were likely to encounter in Sugar Grove or Troutdale are locals.

One other thought: Wythe County Sherriff's Office's FB page issued a BOLO on 6/27 for the two in the Speedwell area. This was two days before the Cedar Springs sighting and not consistent with a logical track from Sugar Grove to the most recent possible sighting on 7/1 in Rural Retreat. I wonder if this might suggest that they are lost and unfamiliar with the area. They might not even have a map and are wandering aimlessly for a main road.

I haven't had much time to check in recently, though H has certainly been on my mind. So from what I have seen, it looks like these new sightings have not been confirmed. Is that correct? I wish LE would release more info about the sightings - Details like where seen and what were they doing, but also I want to know how does H look? Is she tired, worn, disheveled, or clean, fresh and happy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back