GUILTY TN - Benjamin Shook for kidnapping, rape of 14yo girl, Surgoinsville, 2015

Would be no ' failure to register as RSO' if these sick ***** were not out on the street. Anyone dangerous enough to need to register should be behind bars. How many more times will this happen. Poor thing.

I wonder if he befriended the family or do we know if he ' kidnapped' her like stranger abduction ? He's 6' 3" :( That's really intimidating to a little kid. :please:

Oh that makes sense. Can they merge? TIA

Ugh I hope she's found safe. She wants to look older in her fb. I wished kids would understand how dangerous meeting people through the Internet can be.

It's so tragic. This is a nightmare and it happens every single day, probably dozens of times or hundreds even. 14 doesn't last nearly as long as they think it will. :(

Her dad is saying they met online through a text chat called KiK (I've never heard of it). She left a note that she was happy and she stole her step father's vehicle to go meet this guy

This article clarifies a few things. The maroon Ford truck they were seen traveling in is her stepfather's. "Monday night W allegedly stole her step-father’s maroon 2004 Ford Explorer and drove to meet Shook at a campground where he was staying in Morristown." "Hammonds said Shook and W may still be traveling together in the maroon 2004 Ford Explorer, which has a TN license plate D60-20D."

Also: "He was convicted on a child molestation charge there in 2004, and was released from prison in 2014 with 10 years still to serve on parole."

Among those involved in the search for W and Shook are the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Federal Bureau of Investigation, and the U.S. Marshall’s Office.

http://www.timesnews.net/article/90...ville-teen-sought-with-convicted-sex-offender

There are new photos from the surveillance camera at the link.

http://http://wjhl.com/2015/06/24/i...-loves-her-search-continues-for-missing-teen/

From this article:
*“She has already been talking about college, preparing herself for college to be a chemist,” he said.
But he said lately something has been off.
“Just a couple of weeks before she left we started seeing a few things, that she started dressing different and her language was different,” he said.

*Police identified him after a tip came in from someone who lived near him in Morristown.

*“He’s got an extensive criminal history,” Hammonds said. “He’s got nine sexual exploitations of a minor, got some sexual batteries, burglaries, thefts.”

Ugh..what a nasty excuse for a human being.

ughh!! can we just beat these sex offenders senseless?? I want that to officially be a thing.

I only began seeing Amber Alerts on I-40 west of Knoxville for her at around 4pm today. She was spotted on 6/23 in Marion, North Carolina. If the RSO already crossed into another state via I-40, why would he get back on I-40 & head back to Tennessee today?

We drove I-40 west to Nashville Tuesday 6/23 in the afternoon. Not a sign or alert about her or him Tuesday.

Ugh I hope she's found safe. She wants to look older in her fb. I wished kids would understand how dangerous meeting people through the Internet can be.

I totally agree!! I also think parents need to be diligent in looking at their kids internet use, what apps they have on their phone, knowing their passwords, etc. If my daughter, who is now almost 30, was a teen, I'd be all over that - she would probably hate me, but at least she would be safe.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back