GUILTY TN - Benjamin Shook for kidnapping, rape of 14yo girl, Surgoinsville, 2015

I totally agree!! I also think parents need to be diligent in looking at their kids internet use, what apps they have on their phone, knowing their passwords, etc. If my daughter, who is now almost 30, was a teen, I'd be all over that - she would probably hate me, but at least she would be safe.

That is great as long as their friends never let them borrow their phones and all their friends patents agree to completely monitor the internet usage when your child is there. They will say "absolutely" & do exactly what they want when you leave. Your best friend will even surprise you and not in a good way. So some of this is up to your child's personal self-control. Not a strong suit for teens.

This is horrible. A parents worst nightmare. I pray that he won't hurt her since LE knows she's with him. RSOs do not change. They should be locked up and never released. Sicko!

What I was trying to prevent is duplicate entries. I use twc as my internet provider and my home page is twc news. I typed H's name in the WS search box and found nothing so I decided to start a new thread and then on the page at the bottom someone earlier had started one. Is there a central location that I can start from that let's me know what threads are already in rotation so to speak

http://http://wjhl.com/2015/06/24/i...-loves-her-search-continues-for-missing-teen/

From this article:
*“She has already been talking about college, preparing herself for college to be a chemist,” W said.
But he said lately something has been off.
“Just a couple of weeks before she left we started seeing a few things, that she started dressing different and her language was different,” W said.

*Police identified him after a tip came in from someone who lived near him in Morristown.

*“He’s got an extensive criminal history,” Hammonds said. “He’s got nine sexual exploitations of a minor, got some sexual batteries, burglaries, thefts.”

Ugh..what a nasty excuse for a human being.

Nine times is NOT enough to keep him locked up? Citizens of this state should raise he** with the DA who dishes out this kind of light sentence. Nine times !!!!!!!! It's clear he cannot be rehabilitated ( not that any so can) It's an outrage. It's a crime. The DA who let him out should be charged with a crime of negligence !

Because you can be anonymous on the internet.

Right! Well maybe those RFID chips everyone is so afraid of should be implemented into the RSO's and they blow their penis off if they get online !

Schmae, You crack me up! :laughing:

He is supposed to be on probation for 10 years. He used his real name to sign up on Facebook. Shouldn't a probation officer be keeping tabs on things like that? He is now listed as an absconder, with a warrant out for failure to register as a SO. Has anybody bothered looking for him since he failed to register? It didn't take much for me to find his FB page and to determine that he was most likely living in Tennessee. Why even have the SO registry if LE aren't taking it seriously enough to track down those who fail to register?

:gaah:

I´m new here and to sleuthing so I was just wondering about something.... On his facebook page there are pictures of his grandchildren, and the childs mother has written on his page today. It does´t seem like she knows what is going on. Should someone write her on facebook? I´m just thinking of the grandchildren....

Good question but I would not recommend an approach here. You never know what's going on, with the mother of these children seemingly unaware of this situation?
LE should be well aware of the going's on in his FB/social media pages and be noting such things. A lot of agencies are working this case, i'd like to think they are aware.

Very important thought though MissEhrmann, thank you!

I totally agree!! I also think parents need to be diligent in looking at their kids internet use, what apps they have on their phone, knowing their passwords, etc. If my daughter, who is now almost 30, was a teen, I'd be all over that - she would probably hate me, but at least she would be safe.

Strongly AGREE! Parents need to get educated about internet safety, teach their children and monitor their internet use. With my teens, I had hard and fast rules for their internet/iphone use and they did not hate me for it. They understood. I taught them a good deal about dangerous predators, and it was worth it. Some think i'm over-protective, but i'd rather be protective than remain unaware and take the risk of losing a child.

I´m new here and to sleuthing so I was just wondering about something.... On his facebook page there are pictures of his grandchildren, and the childs mother has written on his page today. It does´t seem like she knows what is going on. Should someone write her on facebook? I´m just thinking of the grandchildren....

:welcome4:

Here is a link to report sex offenders on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/help/210081519032737

I did it for this BS person and I hope others will do the same so he can't keep doing this to other underage girls.

His facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008319814302
His listing from the GA state website (needed to make the report) http://state.sor.gbi.ga.gov/Sort_Public/OffenderDetails.aspx

I agree that sex offenders should be reported to Facebook. However, I really don't think you should have reported it in the middle of a police investigation. What if the police are not yet aware of it? There could be clues to their whereabouts and other potential victims. The police/FBI will take down the page when they see fit. We see it all the time in these kinds of cases.

I'm sorry if you think I was being premature, but sex offenders have no place on facebook, even during an ongoing investigation. Even if facebook removes the page, they still have the history available if law enforcement needs it. Removed on facebook does not mean gone forever.

BREAKING: Police say the car involved in the Amber Alert has been found in the Troutdale Community of Grayson County, VA.

http://wjhl.com/2015/06/26/missing-hawkins-co-teen-and-sex-offender-met-through-app-police-say/

ETA: I have been through Troutdale. It is pretty close to Grayson Highlands State Park, which has a campground. It isn't really in walking distance though. He may have stolen a car or they were picked up. The Cherokee National Forest is close too.

Sent from my celery phone using Tapatalk.

I wonder if he thinks she is older and the truck was hers? He would be pretty dumb to drive around in a stolen vehicle - especially to Wal-Mart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back