TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense cross...

The other atty is doing this one... must be Stephen Johnson
dptx15.jpg

He just asks her about the lab's accreditation then lets her go..

Next Witness

Kileen Bible:
9glb91.jpg

She lived on corner of Glyder and Chipman Street. That Saturday night, she was out on her porch smokin a cig around midnight.. she didn't see a 4-runner out there.

Went to bed.

Awoken by police (?when), who asked her about the 4-runner.. she knew nothing about it, hadn't seen it.

Next witness didn't show, so judge says that's it for the day...

He's just going to give them their instructions... their being sequestered... what it means - all decisions must be made based only on what they hear in the courtroom... they need to make sure not to be exposed to anything about the case from anyone or anything outside the courtroom, etc...

They'll be given Chattanooga newspapers to read...

They can watch TV, as long as it isn't local news... look out for 30 second news teasers on local stations during commercial breaks... and avoid local segments in the morning when watching morning shows...

They can contact their family, but an official will be present with them...

etc etc...

Court will be back in session tomorrow at 9 am.

Thanks for the updates all of you!

I think these are the relatives or whomever Jamie was referring to on GT's side:
5yhhms.jpg

Talking to def atty Dillard:
35jvu5f.jpg

I think these are the relatives or whomever Jamie was referring to on GT's side:
5yhhms.jpg

35jvu5f.jpg

Thanx Muffet!!! I bet that's the family of G and they're giving the defense attorney's pictures of him for the trial. They're definately giving the defense something...I'm assuming pics!!

They are plowing through this trial right? I can't believe they covered as much as they did today. I really hope this one ends up with an acceptable sentence. I'm really worried about this one.

5yhhms.jpg

35jvu5f.jpg

The heavier woman looks like Thomas. Mom or sister?

Thank you everyone for posting updates. You all rock! I got my computer back and so far so good.

I can't believe how fast the trial went today.

The heavier woman looks like Thomas. Mom or sister?

Thank you everyone for posting updates. You all rock! I got my computer back and so far so good.

Whew! :dance: Saves me a trip. :angel:

Thanx Muffet!!!

Thank you so much for posting Jamie's tweets! :bow: It's such a relief to have those coming.

I bet that's the family of G and they're giving the defense attorney's pictures of him for the trial. They're definately giving the defense something...I'm assuming pics!!

They are plowing through this trial right? I can't believe they covered as much as they did today. I really hope this one ends up with an acceptable sentence. I'm really worried about this one.

I bet you're right..

And they really are plowing fast... This defense team is playing things pretty well so far, aren't they? Not making a$$es of themselves or annoying anyone with stupid questions, at least. ;) If that had been the last team, they'd be crossing witnesses ad nauseum just too look like they had an argument. :p

It makes for less frustration, but yeah, I'm worried too. :sheesh: I sure wish we could get a transcript of the call and the interview...

I didn't get a chance to see Thomas at all during the trial, well I didn't get to see much of the trial, but what was his demeanor like today did anyone notice. Did he still look like a whipped out drug user? What is everyone thinking he will get, I am really worried about this one also, I don't know if the jury will put him away for life without any evidence of committing the crime. I think he should be put to death with Davidson, but I don't know that the jury will see it that way. When you think about Boyd getting off pretty easy for his part, I don't know just keep praying I guess.

While it is a tough case for the prosecution, I don't see it as easy for the defense. After all, Thomas has admitted to being at the scene of the crime. His attorneys can't claim he was somewhere else. How much of an excuse is it to say, "My client was smoking dope while the most horrific murders in Knoxville history were taking place in the same small house?" And, "My client knew there would be a carjacking." Did he think packing guns while stealing a car would not lead to big trouble? When Thomas saw the two victims brought back to the house did he think nobody was going to be hurt?

I didn't get a chance to see Thomas at all during the trial, well I didn't get to see much of the trial, but what was his demeanor like today did anyone notice. Did he still look like a whipped out drug user? What is everyone thinking he will get, I am really worried about this one also, I don't know if the jury will put him away for life without any evidence of committing the crime. I think he should be put to death with Davidson, but I don't know that the jury will see it that way. When you think about Boyd getting off pretty easy for his part, I don't know just keep praying I guess.
Re my bold:

Unfortunately, There's only one camera, and it's in the back, and whoever is running it has no sense of where or how to point or focus it, imo.

So it was hard to tell. I couldn't get a decent look at him at all - just the one from the side I posted and crowded views of him leaving the courtroom.

Heck, if there was a face shot of the Newsoms or even Deena all day, I missed it.

I'm gonna try the WATE feed tomorrow.

While it is a tough case for the prosecution, I don't see it as easy for the defense. After all, Thomas has admitted to being at the scene of the crime. His attorneys can't claim he was somewhere else. How much of an excuse is it to say, "My client was smoking dope while the most horrific murders in Knoxville history were taking place in the same small house?" And, "My client knew there would be a carjacking." Did he think packing guns while stealing a car would not lead to big trouble? When Thomas saw the two victims brought back to the house did he think nobody was going to be hurt?

Do you think it might just boil down to the personalities (and maybe politics) of the jurors and how outraged they are by what was done?

If they are as fed up with enablers as most of us are, they might give him LWOP even if they believe all he did was "sit there and look stupit", just to send a message...

OK....potential stupid question alert!! Felony Murder charges...they do apply to G too right? Because he was at the scene of the crime and did nothing, same as Coleman? So technically they just have to place him at the scene for those charges? I feel like I should know the answer to that, but at the same time I'm not sure, so wanted to ask to be sure!

Suzi...welcome back girl!!! I'm glad you got your computer back! :)

Re my bold:

Unfortunately, There's only one camera, and it's in the back, and whoever is running it has no sense of where or how to point or focus it, imo.

So it was hard to tell. I couldn't get a decent look at him at all - just the one from the side I posted and crowded views of him leaving the courtroom.

Heck, if there was a face shot of the Newsoms or even Deena all day, I missed it.

I'm gonna try the WATE feed tomorrow.

OOmy that is why Chris's body was on the screen today? Wow hope they get a better camera person also, I had just clicked on when that was on the screen and it was really a shock I am glad he didn't show the rest of the pictures and I sure hope he is not on when they do Shannon. This one of them cases I don't think I will ever get over.
I did get to see him walking out, just the back of him and he did kind of look slow to move.........I think this guys brain is fried, hopefully the jury can finish him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther