TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary said they weren't done with Boyd in an interview after his federal conviction.

I think its possible we could see a state trial of Boyd. Now that Coleman lost here bid on the immunity, and if GT goes down hard (with no DNA evidence) she may want to offer some testimony against Boyd to get out of a life sentence herself. We'll see. OR, to get out of a state trial, perhaps Boyd would testify against Vanessa. But I dont think that is likely.

Update: Jurors ask for clarification of criminal responsibility as they deliberate in George Thomas trial

After the Christian and Newsom families shared their victim impact statements with the court on Tuesday morning, Judge Richard Baumgartner called attorneys to the bench for two jury questions.

Judge Baumgartner would not read the questions aloud in the courtroom, but he did share his answers in open court.

"What I'm going to say in response to your question is one, criminal responsibility does apply to all counts of the presentment including count 17 and 18 which charge premeditated first degree murder. As to question two, the best response I can give is to refer you to the language of the charge and I think what I'll say is to refer you to the language of the charge of premeditated of count 17 and 18 and criminal responsibility,"
Judge Baumgartner said as he informed the attorneys of how he was going to answer the jury.

The judge's staff and attorneys say jury questions can remain under seal for a period of time before they are made public. Some jury questions can also be handled in the judge's chambers.

-snip-
Full article:
http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=107212

Ok lone you're absolutely right, found this eg about gloves... "authorities still cannot identify the source of DNA found on at least one of two gloves found in a car linked to Eric Boyd, an associate of Davidson..." Also in the following article,

During the Cobbins trial, defense attorneys argued that it was Eric Boyd who killed Chris Newsom.

Boyd was convicted in federal court in October 2008 as accessory after the fact to murder, but never charged with the slayings. He was sentenced to 18 years in prison.

Judge Baumgartner said he isn't blaming the state, but he asked prosecutors why more tests were done over two-and-a-half years after the murders.

Price said it was mainly to find more evidence against Boyd, in hopes of bringing more charges against him.

Four pieces of new evidence were tested by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI). Many of the findings were inconclusive, but they pointed out a possible dilemma in the case.

DNA of an unknown person has been detected.

The evidence tested includes a four to five inch white cloth strip with a knot in the end and Christian's panties. Both were found in a garbage bag in the Chipman Street house where Christian's body was found.

A pair of dirty gloves found in a Pontiac Sunbird was also tested. The Sunbird was linked to Boyd during the weekend of the murders.

On Friday, Judge Baumgartner questioned the relevance of the gloves
, but agreed with the defense that the white cloth strip needed more tests.

Also explains there was a question initially re whether Daphine (LD's former gf) played any role in the crimes or may have borrowed gloves eg. She was never charged and as we know became State's witness (full article at link).

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=11153132

Wow, you're great KiKi. I knew that I had read about the possibility that Daphine was involved because she supposedly borrowed gloves. Thanks for all the additional information.

BTW, isn't it even more strange that GT's fingerprints and DNA weren't really found? He was in the house and the vehicle, so why isn't there more evidence of his presence?

I'm going to say a verdict by 3:30 pm. Is Knoxville eastern time?

Lawson was GT's girlfrined right? They maybe should have asked her if G used condoms or is she was aware if he possessed any at the time.

I knew that I had read about the possibility that Daphine was involved because she supposedly borrowed gloves. Thanks for all the additional information.

BTW, isn't it even more strange that GT's fingerprints and DNA weren't really found? He was in the house and the vehicle, so why isn't there more evidence of his presence?

google is my friend :blushing: I edited my first post to you above to reflect the fact I hadn't begun following case yet at time of Boyd's trial, so had never heard this particular detail. (I played catch-up w Cobbins' trial, and watched entire LD and GT trials). I suppose gloves could explain absence of GT's fingerprints.

Central time I believe--so an hour behind EST, or two hours ahead of me (on PST).

:parrot:

I heard something in the courtroom. Can anyone see anything? that was weird. I heard someone doing a sound check and the camera was moving around but now it's gone back to the seal.

I just saw two men's torsos as they walked by the seal, Lizzy.

Pins and needles...

google is my friend :blushing: I edited my first post to you above to reflect the fact I hadn't begun following case yet at time of Boyd's trial, so had never heard this particular detail. (I played catch-up w Cobbins' trial, and watched entire LD and GT trials). I suppose gloves could explain absence of GT's fingerprints.

Central time I believe--so an hour behind EST, or two hours ahead of me (on PST).

:parrot:

I did not get to see or hear the Boyd trial either, so I have been reading back and forth trying to find out more and to try and answer questions I've had about each player's participation in this horrific case. I just heard a testing voice on the live trial WATE. Is anything happening?

I'm watching WBIR, and see nothing, here nothing. I wish they would pan back out so we could see the court room. I'm thinking we'll get our first hint from either Jamie twitter. I also have monitored Hana Kim's twitter.

I think that they are Eastern time? I'm in Eastern time and they seem to start at my 9am and end at my 5pm? Although I'm not always geographically correct...so I could be way wrong on this! :)

I think that they are Eastern time? I'm in Eastern time and they seem to start at my 9am and end at my 5pm? Although I'm not always geographically correct...so I could be way wrong on this! :)

I checked, its EST. so its after 1:00 now. I assume the jury broke for lunch. so they are probably bck at deliberations now. Now i have to go to lunch. I'm in mountain time.

There are definetely people moving around in the court room.

I have the WBIR text alert. It's quick. It alerted me right away when Davidson's verdict had been reached. I had enough time to leave my cart in the aisle and drive home from the store to watch it live! lol

Yep, they're in eastern time.

It seems we'd have been told if they broke for lunch, doesn't it? So, is it safe to guess they chose to work through? If so, I'm thinking they'll be back very soon. :prayer:

Wow....I can't even imagine the families....I'm beyond nervous. Can you imagine what the families are going through? How do they sleep and eat? Man...not enough prayers in the world. Please, please, please give us a good verdict.

(Indianagirl...another time whent he LOL button is needed on the post about leaving the cart to rush home for Davidson's verdict!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname