TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
2e35ut0.jpg

Gary has something to say!

He wants to thank all LE, I have learned one thing int he last 3 yrs there is alot of things they could've messed up and they didn't.
All of those who have been ith us since the parking lot. United brothers.

OOOO man I am over come with joy for the families!!!!!

Oh baby I would love to be a fly on the wall in VC's cell when she gets this news!!!! I can't wait till she is tried, I hope she gets death I really do.

Gary, talking about having to decorate his daughter's headstone at Christmas... "It ain't never gonna get any easier." :(

:parrot:

Gary: "We've got another trial to go; probably two."

I hope Boyd is trembling.

and I would love to take TK and Price out for a victory dinner... they can feel really good about these verdicts. Clearly the jury did not buy the old "Poor GT tried to get out but if he played hero he woulda been dead too" line... :rolleyes:

Bosch, WBIR legal analyst, who is a defense attorney. His bias has been a huge aggravation to the Christian and Newsom families. In the presser just now, they were saying this was proof he was wrong, and that WBIR needed to get a retired prosecutor to provide balance to their reports with him as their analyst.
dovq87.jpg

I agree w the legal analyst... the jury clearly viewed this like, if GT was present and party to any of these crimes they saw him as having aided and abetted it all across the board.

Also said we can expect a ruling re motion for acquittal as soon as tomorrow.

Bosch, WBIR legal analyst, who is a defense attorney. His bias has been a huge aggravation to the Christian and Newsom families. In the presser just now, they were saying this was proof he was wrong, and that WBIR needed to get a retired prosecutor to provide balance to their reports with him as their analyst.

Yes God bless Hugh for speaking out and I think he is right!

My feelings on this verdict is that it is a just verdict. I feel that Boyd, Cobbins and Davidson should have been found guilty of the same charges that Thomas was convicted of today. I also feel that all individuals involved should be sentenced to death. There should have been one trial for the entire gang. They all participated, they are all guilty IMO and should be sentenced the same. That is my opinion. Yes, if you think that I sound like the judge and the jury here, you are probably correct. In this case, you are either guilty or not guilty of this horrible crime. You just can't be a little bit guilty in a crime committed this way. If any of them had walked away after the car jacking, then they would be guilty of the car jacking. They all stayed for the crimes that occurred after the car jacking. When they decided to bring a blindfolded, bound couple into that house and stayed for the rape, sodomy, torture and murder, they decided to be involved in the entire crime. NONE OF THEM LEFT, THEY ALL STAYED TO PARTICIPATE.

Anyone know why the prosecution didn't place Thomas at the carjackings? IMO, there's a good chance he was there. Also, I'm confused as to why Boyd hasn't already been charged by the state? The car used for the carjacking was obviously provided by Boyd. I think he will eventually be charged, I'm just confused as to why he hasn't been so already.

Oh baby I would love to be a fly on the wall in VC's cell when she gets this news!!!! I can't wait till she is tried, I hope she gets death I really do.

I agree totally. If I am TK, i would immediately call her lawyer and Boyd's attorney while the shock is still in the air, and say "We've got two trial left and I've got a lot more on your client than I did on George Thomas. So if you want to avoid a death sentence, you'd better talk now."

PW, or anyone else, could the judge knock the verdicts down to facilitation? Or, is he limited to accepting either the jury's verdict as it stands or the defense's motion for full acquittal as it stands?

Anyone know why the prosecution didn't place Thomas at the carjackings? IMO, there's a good chance he was there. Also, I'm confused as to why Boyd hasn't already been charged by the state? The car used for the carjacking was obviously provided by Boyd. I think he will eventually be charged, I'm just confused as to why he hasn't been so already.

I'm not sure why Boyd hasnt been charged, but I have some ideas. For some reason, the feds charged Boyd quickly and tried him. So there was no need for the state to charge him in order to keep him incarcerated; they can take their time. Remember, if the state charges him, they must give him a speedy trial. This way they can see what happens in the other trials, to try to get more evidence against him (since the existing evidence -minus the statements of the other defendants which can't be admitted - isn't very strong). My other theory is that Boyd has some sort of deal with the feds that may prevent another trial.

Thanks for the updates all of you.

Justice was handed down today. Now I just hope this Judge does the right thing, and upholds it tomorrow.

Let this be a lesson to the thugs out there. It ain't non of my buzneez is not a defense!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike