TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh that was helpful... too little too late. Chris was burned over his entire body, including his head and hands. Just sit down.

:parrot:

Ok folks, I'm going to get some things done and come back. I'm setting Jamie's tweets to go to my phone.

I'm thinking the photos of the trashcan and the railroad tracks pics would do the trick.
Yeah... Although, throughout the trial, that trashcan has been sitting here in the midst of the other boxes of evidence, right in front of the jury - I'm sure the front row, at least, can see it when they come in to take their seats:
vyb9t1.jpg
2ynj97s.jpg

oh geeze, trant disputing the legal definition of mutilation. Says it's really removal of hand or heads.

And smiling like a fool while he did it, knowing it was a waste of time.

I wonder if his momma is ashamed of his callousness and indecency. I would be. :mad::
nyxtms.jpg

ETA: He said it was only mutilation if head or limbs were removed "In Common Law..."
Who the heck cares about that? In TN, burning counts too. Thank goodness. Like burning a body doesn't mutilate it? :rolleyes:

And smiling like a fool while he did it, knowing it was a waste of time. Like burning a body doesn't mutilate it?

I wonder if his momma is ashamed of his callousness and indecency. I would be. :mad::
nyxtms.jpg

Reminds me of Simple Jack.

I'm glad LD has to see trash can every time he enters and exits the courtroom too. It serves as a poignant reminder as to just how much deliberation he gave to Channon's life.

The only thing Kiki is, unless he's a great actor, he doesn't seem to be bothered by the trash can, the photos of his crime, or even the testimony of the people that love him.

I'm glad LD has to see trash can every time he enters and exits the courtroom too. It serves as a poignant reminder as to just how much deliberation he gave to Channon's life.

We would like to believe that trash can bothers him, but we all know it don't. He don't have a care except about himself me me me it's all about me.

Let hope after lunch........there is justice.

I think he is just 'dead' inside... and only really cared about numero uno for quite awhile.

The one big surprise in this case was learning how much better of a life and opportunities he had than his brother, Cobbins.

But what do you REALLY think!? :crazy::bananalama:

The one big surprise in this case was learning how much better of a life and opportunities he had than his brother, Cobbins.

I was quite surprised at his opportunities too, and that his home wasn't a complete dump like a 'crack' house or something.

That occured to me as well. I don't think I have ever heard of a street type who had so many people trying to help him. Davidson had nothing but contempt for them, I'm sure. He considered himself clever in using them while carrying on his criminal activity.

kiki, I don't think the LD has a conscience and I don't think he feels any remorse at all. The trash cans and other evidence is probably boring to him. He feels totally detached from this trial. IMO.

I was quite surprised at his opportunities too, and that his home wasn't a complete dump like a 'crack' house or something.

Exactly. Even Aunt Rose gave him a good, Christian home. After she died, the Rays gave him more opportunities than most American kids have these days, treating him as a second son, with private Christian school, tutors, lots of love, faith, fun trips... and he was a star in sports, coach's pet.

The Rudds' home was great too... for a boys' home especially, with only 8 kids, 2 to a room, and he was treated very well, given tons of love that continues to this day.

It looks to me like he was more spoiled than anything, being a handsome, strapping, and by all accounts, charismatic boy. He could easily have gone to college and made something of himself, even in the NFL.

Even after he left the Rays, his coach took him in and gave him a job, but within months, he was committing armed robbery.

Remember, he said he loved Aunt Rose, but loved his mother more. From all we have seen, I don't think that came out of pity.

Some people just prefer the dark side to the light. :no:

Did the judge send the jury to decide sentencing or are they on break? I left for just a minute, now I'm feeling like I somehow missed something.....

I just got on this morning. MIssed the arguments and instructions. From what I read, sounds like no real surprises in the attorney arguments.
I'm guessing mid afternoon verdict.

Mid afternoon would be great! I have a feeling it may be until late though.

The poor court reporter, still hard at work:
ivwthv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members