TN - Four adults, 2 kids murdered in Memphis home, 2 March 2008 *guilty*

wow this is quite a case. I used to live in Memphis. So terrible for this family.

It is astonishing that there was no DNA of his left in that bloody crime scene. Meanwhile jurors wondered why there was no DNA left on Caylee or the duct tape after being underwater for 6 months.

But it seems odd that they could not find any of his DNA. He stabbed and beat 6 children in that house, 3 of them to death. And the 9 yr old put up a fight. But no blood or DNA of Jesse's was found. It is a good thing they got the confession out of him. I don't think the 9 yr olds testimony could stand alone.

It is astonishing that there was no DNA of his left in that bloody crime scene. Meanwhile jurors wondered why there was no DNA left on Caylee or the duct tape after being underwater for 6 months.

But it seems odd that they could not find any of his DNA. He stabbed and beat 6 children in that house, 3 of them to death. And the 9 yr old put up a fight. But no blood or DNA of Jesse's was found. It is a good thing they got the confession out of him. I don't think the 9 yr olds testimony could stand alone.

he had plenty of time to wipe down the scene
he touched many things in the house, the phone, the guns
it was in the winter so he probably had gloves on..and by the time he was suspected all the clothes he ditched were long gone
he was in protective custody with the rest of his family..until the 9 year old said what happened

he had plenty of time to wipe down the scene
he touched many things in the house, the phone, the guns
it was in the winter so he probably had gloves on..and by the time he was suspected all the clothes he ditched were long gone
he was in protective custody with the rest of his family..until the 9 year old said what happened

he could not wipe down that whole house if he spent years in it, the crime scene pictures from the trial show blood spread throughout that house on surfaces such as carpet that you can't wipe down, and he didn't have gloves on at some point that night as a print of his was matched to a beer can,

he chased those children all over that house so that there blood was mixed together in many places, he had to have been sweating concidering what was done to those kids and you can't see sweat as it falls and lands on surfaces

I will forever be astounded that not one single spot of his DNA was found at that crime scene, not one skin cell, not one drop of blood, not one drop of sweat, not one of his hairs,

he was picking up pieces of wood that were splintered and broken and yet he never got snagged by the splinters so as to leave his blood, he was stabbing children as they ran yet never nicked his skin to make it bleed, he was breaking handles of big sharp knives yet never broke his skin causing it to bleed,

I think he is guilty, but it sure wasn't a slam dunk case as there was no forensic evidence, the ID of him by one of the surviving victims wasn't very sound and he kept changing his story and blaming others as well as Jessie, his so called confession isn't that sound either,

this case really stayed with me because of what was done to the children,

probably wearing gloves because it was winter,
the telling fact is when Cecil was talking with his X girlfriend and then he never called her back and no one answered the phone

the 9 year old was pretty smart to try and call the Police while crime was in progress

Also confessing to one's Mother is fairly huge, maybe coerced by Police, but not telling your Mother that you killed the children because they saw you...never would happen

this dude scared me when he was on the witness stand...and he had jut gotten out of prison for killing another..Jessie sure had the temper and anger to do it
The guns belong to Cecil and Hollis, who comes to a murder with NO weapons

he hated his brother for what he had...and that he (Cecil) had gone on with his life

First of all - what a masterful job of editing and producing the 2-hour special. Brilliant!
Secondly, the lack of DNA does not surprise me for a couple of reasons.
First, he SHOT the adults only. The small childrens were beaten and stabbed - and forgive me for the indelicacy of this - but they could not have put up much of a fight. My understanding is that wood and guns often fail to produce DNA.
Secondly - there was SO MUCH BLOOD at the scene, not all of it could realistically be tested. I mean, one of the puddles was easily 12 x 12 inches. And they sample it with a Q-tip, it would be easy to miss his DNA, in my opinion.
I find this show to be so well-done - and I was pleased to see Toney Armstrong's promotion to Director!

From October 2010:

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/state/jessie-dotson-gets-death-penalty-lester-street-mur

As a state prosecutor finished his impassioned plea for the jury to return the death penalty Tuesday against convicted mass murderer Jessie Dotson, the defendant clapped his hands softly in mock applause.

His attorneys said Dotson was not surprised when the Criminal Court jury later sentenced him to death six times, once for each of the 2008 murders on Lester Street. Their guilty verdict in 90 minutes the previous day sent a clear message, the attorneys said.

Jessie Dotson Appeals To State Supreme Court For Post-Conviction Relief

WREG News Channel 3 - Apr 5, 2023

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther