TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that also..Just wondering IF they are attending school since schools are still in session..

Speaking from personal experience. This late in the school year, they could be taken out and it would not effect them starting the next year at the next grade level.

I don't know whether the Palmgren children are in public or private schools. That might make a few days difference.

My son is in high school here and his final exams are this week. I believe the very last day for Hamilton County Schools is Monday the 23rd, but lots of kids get out early every year once their final tests are finished.

I presumed they might be staying with school friends and riding to school with them.

You can bet his attorney and PI has eyes here on WS. JMO, IMO, etc.

SIGNAL MOUNTAIN, HAMILTON COUNTY, TN (WRCB) - Signal Mountain mother of two, Gail Palmgren, has been missing for two and a half weeks.
Palmgren's family says they're getting little cooperation from police. They organized a search party at the Walmart at the foot of Signal Mountain Monday.
"The more people you hit, the better your chances are," said Gail Palmgren's friend, Maria Gallivan, placing a flyer on a car parked outside Walmart.

and:

His attorney, Bryan Hoss, tells Channel 3 Matthew Palmgren has hired a private investigator to look for Gail, and is busy taking care of the couple's children

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14655364

I don't know whether the Palmgren children are in public or private schools. That might make a few days difference.

My son is in high school here and his final exams are this week. I believe the very last day for Hamilton County Schools is Monday the 23rd, but lots of kids get out early every year once their final tests are finished.

I presumed they might be staying with school friends and riding to school with them.

True, but do 9 and 12 yr olds take finals now days?

I would like to know why Gail brought the kids back. There was no need. There was no custody issue at hand-they are her children as well. She was encouraged to find a safe place to stay. Why bring them back at all?

The fact that she brought them back indicates several things to me. I think that (1) She did not plan to disappear. She intended to come back home where she left them. Otherwise she would not have taken them to the lake house with her to begin with. (2) She was leaving to take care of something she didn't want them to be a part of. I remember that in that last conversation she had while driving, she would not say what was wrong because the children were with her. She obviously had an instinct to protect them, or she would have just said whatever was on her mind. (3) She perceived no danger to them in bringing them back. The fact that she took them on the 29th and that she wouldn't talk about sensitive issues in front of them shows a protective instinct.

Now, several people have posted the question of why she would have returned on the 30th. I think of several reasons for this too. (1) Whatever next steps she needed to take could not be done in Alabama. Whether she planned to leave or stay at home, nothing was going to be resolved until she returned. (2) She must have believed that whatever blow-up had happened on 4/29 would have settled down enough to come back the next day. I remember a post that said a previous police report noted that particular dispute was resolved when the parties "cooled off." It could be that there was a pattern of fast blow-ups and fast cool downs. (3) It could have been that the agreement made that night was for them to come back on the 30th. I know the phrase that has been quoted from that report is that the parties "agreed" she would go with the children to the lake house for the night. There was no mention made of any further agreements that may be been part of the picture. (4) Maybe something scared her at the lake house and she wanted to come home. (5) Maybe she was still so upset from whatever happened on 4/29 that she just wasn't sure what to do next. Sometimes adrenaline does that....

Many possibilities with no answers. I think we're left with not being able to conclude anything in particular.

Prior to ever attending law school, Mr. Hoss worked in the Hamilton County District Attorney’s office assisting various prosecutors with major felony cases. He worked on over a dozen homicide trials in the Hamilton County courts including the infamous Signal Mountain Murder case. After graduating with a law degree from the University of Memphis, he joined Davis & Wallace, P.C. and began practicing in August, 2001.

http://www.davis-hoss.com/bryan-hoss/

This case has just been setting up to remind me of another yet unsolved case - Susan Powell. Josh Powell when first talking to the media did not beg for someone to bring Susan home. After returning home to his father, he turned right around. He had the kids, and he began a smear campaign against Susan. He said that she was crazy and that she abandoned them. Sounds very, very similar here to me. I just have a very bad feeling about this one.

I must admit that I had a bad feeling about Wazineh as well; and I was surprised by the outcome. I hope that she finds the help that she needs.

At age 9, no. At age 12, yes.

I still think if their grades had been ok, they could be removed. I was and it was early April; and to be honest, I can't remember if I had finals when I was 12. :crazy:

I still think if their grades had been ok, they could be removed. I was and it was early April; and to be honest, I can't remember if I had finals when I was 12. :crazy:

I know I didn't. I was 12 when I finished 6th grade, which was still elementary school then. We had finals in junior high school though, as they do in middle school now. I would suspect a 12-year-old is in middle school.

To stop attending a little early would probably not make a difference in elementary school since there are no finals. I don't know about middle school though.

I can't post about this right now, but will tomorrow or later. I had a fairly good friend go through an awful and sordid divorce in a very small town in TN who ended up dying in the courtroom. I will post the particulars later, but some of the similarities are pretty astonishing - finances, 2 younger children, ? abuse, paranoia, etc.

This case has just been setting up to remind me of another yet unsolved case - Susan Powell. Josh Powell when first talking to the media did not beg for someone to bring Susan home. After returning home to his father, he turned right around. He had the kids, and he began a smear campaign against Susan. He said that she was crazy and that she abandoned them. Sounds very, very similar here to me. I just have a very bad feeling about this one.

I must admit that I had a bad feeling about Wazineh as well; and I was surprised by the outcome. I hope that she finds the help that she needs.

LOL I was just slapping myself around about that very thing!!! I have been wrong before too. More than once. Been trying real hard to be open minded here. But it sure seems that something big happened that really frightened her in the last hours she was in contact with friends and family. It now appears that the DV was no surprise and she was conciously working on getting through that. I don't think she intended to leave her children or home. Something interfered with her plan and it happened very quickly. I suppose though that does not mean that she still could not have run in fear.

I know I didn't. I was 12 when I finished 6th grade, which was still elementary school then. We had finals in junior high school though, as they do in middle school now. I would suspect a 12-year-old is in middle school.

To stop attending a little early would probably not make a difference in elementary school since there are no finals. I don't know about middle school though.

My youngest is 11-1/2. She's in the 6th grade. Here in TX, we have standardized tests (TAKS), and they are serious business. If the kids don't pass the tests, they fail the grade. So, that's "finalish" in my book. Also, the TAKS tests are administered in 2-5 grades as well.

TN has them too - link to TCAP: http://www.tn.gov/education/assessment/achievement.shtml

You can bet his attorney and PI has eyes here on WS. JMO, IMO, etc.

SIGNAL MOUNTAIN, HAMILTON COUNTY, TN (WRCB) - Signal Mountain mother of two, Gail Palmgren, has been missing for two and a half weeks.
Palmgren's family says they're getting little cooperation from police. They organized a search party at the Walmart at the foot of Signal Mountain Monday.
"The more people you hit, the better your chances are," said Gail Palmgren's friend, Maria Gallivan, placing a flyer on a car parked outside Walmart.

and:

His attorney, Bryan Hoss, tells Channel 3 Matthew Palmgren has hired a private investigator to look for Gail, and is busy taking care of the couple's children

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14655364

The article also says that Matt has been placed on administrative leave.

POLICE INVESTIGATION

Matthew Palmgren's attorney confirms he has been placed on administrative leave from his job at Blue Cross, Blue Shield in connection to his wife's disappearance.

TCAP testing was about a month ago, so that wouldn't be a factor.

I don't know what the private schools do about standardized testing, however. Parents in the community who can afford it often send their children to one of the private schools.

Here, if the kids fail one of the standardized tests the first round, they can be tutored and called back again to take it a second time. I second your comment about home schooling and private schools, I'm not sure about having to pass the standardized state tests. Also, IIRC, the kids were out that Thurs and Fri due to the weather, which would also alter any schooling/testing schedules previously placed on the calendar.

Everyone, naming DH's atty is a rumor at this point, and one we cant run away with. The minute it hits MSM, lets discuss, but until now we need to keep it in perspective. Please do not sleuth the daylights out of him until we have some MSM back up.

Sleuth away people! The article says also that new information might be released by LE this week. I'm glad MP is on administrative leave, it sounds like he needs some time to think about things.

It wouldn't surprise me if he had a PI following her...my ex did it to his first ex wife and later to me....I know it sounds like something that only happens on TV, but it does happen!

I saw here today two things that concern me and I'm wondering if we have confirmation of either....1) Is it true that the father is not allowing the mother's sister to see the kids? That would say a lot to me IMHO. 2) Did I miss a link to the statement that her family feels they are not getting cooperation from LE?

I think he has a relatively high position at BCBST handling the government/medicare part D portion of their business. What type of contacts would someone make in a position like that? Hospital execs? State legislators? Lobbyists? I guess what I'm trying to figure out is this: Would he have the type of contacts who could have the clout to put pressure on a news editor to not run a story or withhold certain details? Or to earn him red carpet treatment with law enforcement that they wouldn't otherwise provide to a family member of a missing individual. Does anyone get what I'm saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500