TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

This may have been mentioned already (I'm trying to catch up), but why does Matt need a criminal defense attorney if he's done nothing wrong? Just curious. :waitasec:

I saw here today two things that concern me and I'm wondering if we have confirmation of either....1) Is it true that the father is not allowing the mother's sister to see the kids? That would say a lot to me IMHO. 2) Did I miss a link to the statement that her family feels they are not getting cooperation from LE?

I saw a confirmation of #1 somewhere on here but not sure where. I've seen many confirmations of #2. Here's the latest:

http://www.wrcbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=14655364

This may have been mentioned already (I'm trying to catch up), but why does Matt need a criminal defense attorney if he's done nothing wrong? Just curious. :waitasec:

This happens very often in a lot of missing persons cases and ALWAYS baffles me. If I did nothing wrong I wouldn't hand over mega bucks to a high profile attorney!!!!!

FWIW I was 12 when I started 9th grade.

Not the norm though - as I was always the youngest in my class. :(

The entry cut off dates are different (or were back in the 60's) for different states.

ETA: Wow I feel ancient!!!!

Maybe he's just covering all the bases. The attorney has also handled civil cases in the past. MP has the money for Hoss, so it doesn't surprise me.

Also, IIRC, the kids were out that Thurs and Fri due to the weather, which would also alter any schooling/testing schedules previously placed on the calendar.

For Hamilton County Schools, the days missed after all the tornados (April 28 - 29) do not have to be made up. The State approved a waiver due to the extent of the destruction. We're a state and federal disaster area. Signal Mountain, however, received only minor damage overall.

So the school calendar is unchanged. The last full day for students is Monday the 23rd.

I'm really confused about the idea that Gail has fled to Canada for some reason. Is there a basis for this theory besides upstate New York being near Canada?

ETA: If the family thought she had driven to Buffalo or Canada, why would they be searching here?

We're just trying to cover all bases, that's all: TN, NY, Canada, and anywhere else we can possibly think of. Gail has friends and family all over the country and if she was indeed frightened, she could have ended up anywhere--even Canada. (I don't mean this in a disrespectful way; it's meant in a we love our neighbors way): to Buffalonians, Canada is more an extension of our WNY area, than a separate country. We all travel there frequently and love the people and places. It is very familiar to most of us--including Gail.

I think Gail's family will continue to search near Signal Mountain, since it is where she was last sighted. For the rest of us--family and friends, we will keep passing the flyers along to anyone who may see her from coast to coast. Her HS class is literally spread across the country, so we will take advantage to keep getting the word out.

I still think if their grades had been ok, they could be removed. I was and it was early April; and to be honest, I can't remember if I had finals when I was 12. :crazy:

They do give exams here in Chattanooga.

Elementary students usually take standardized tests in April, but Middle School students have an exam week, and I figure a 12-year-old would probably be in 6th or 7th grade.

Depending on the school, most of them at least have projects and assignments that are due in the last few weeks before final grades.

We're just trying to cover all bases, that's all: TN, NY, Canada, and anywhere else we can possibly think of. Gail has friends and family all over the country and if she was indeed frightened, she could have ended up anywhere--even Canada. (I don't mean this in a disrespectful way; it's meant in a we love our neighbors way): to Buffalonians, Canada is more an extension of our WNY area, than a separate country. We all travel there frequently and love the people and places. It is very familiar to most of us--including Gail.

I think Gail's family will continue to search near Signal Mountain, since it is where she was last sighted. For the rest of us--family and friends, we will keep passing the flyers along to anyone who may see her from coast to coast. Her HS class is literally spread across the country, so we will take advantage to keep getting the word out.

Thanks - I thought perhaps I had missed some news. :)

They also mention the jeep, but I don't see a pic???

SUSIE BUTTON, NEIGHBOR & FRIEND "I feel like she left not willingly..I feel like something was going on. I knew things were going on at the house, I really believe she was scared of something. She would never leave her kids alone..this long."
Since disappearance, her husband Matt has filed for sole custody of their two children, and full access to all bank accounts.

http://www.wdef.com/news/search_continues_for_signal_mountain_housewife/05/2011

I am very confused about this. I read your followup comments but I'm still confused as to who got the phone call. Can you please clarify:

Your classmate's friend works in Chattanooga. Does he work at BCBS or does he just know people who work there? Is your classmate's friend the one who received that phone call?

I hope I'm not being irritating, I'm just having "pronoun trouble"! It sounds as though your classmate's friend was helping to pass out fliers and someone called him to say the fliers were "embarrassing" and that Gail probably "just ran off".

If it was your classmate's friend, did he say that this person who called him was completely anonymous and never identified themselves? Or was it someone he knew the name of but had never spoken with before?

Sorry to being confusing, glorias . . .

Let me try to clarify. My classmate, Michele, has a friend Jerry who has been working in Chattanooga for the last 18 months. He forwarded the flyer to about 35 people he has been working with. Some of those people may have forwarded it to people who work at BCBS. Later that afternoon, it was Jerry who received the phone call from an anonymous male at BCBS saying it was "embarrasing", etc. Hope that helps! (Let me know if it doesn't . . .)

Search Continues for Gail Palmgren
May 16, 2011 5:34 PM

A Signal Mountain woman has been missing for more than two weeks. Gail Palmgren and the Jeep she was driving have vanished but friends and volunteers are staying hopeful, and trying get the word about her disappearance out.

[snipped]
Days before she went missing, she confided in her friend that she felt someone was following her.

"I would keep seeing the same car coming in and just turning around and stopping at one of the houses. So that was strange in itself. So after she would say that, I I started thinking and I could believe that could be true," said Button.

Palmgren also told Button about problems she was having with her husband.

"He was having an affair with a co-worker at Blue Cross Blue Shield," Button said.

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1001248-button-gail.html

A Signal Mountain woman has been missing for more than two weeks. Gail Palmgren and the Jeep she was driving have vanished but friends and volunteers are staying hopeful, and trying get the word about her disappearance out.

[snipped]
Days before she went missing, she confided in her friend that she felt someone was following her.

"I would keep seeing the same car coming in and just turning around and stopping at one of the houses. So that was strange in itself. So after she would say that, I I started thinking and I could believe that could be true," said Button.

"He was having an affair with a co-worker at Blue Cross Blue Shield," Button said.

She is such an advocate for Gail.

[snipped]

BBM- affair alleged with employee and Administrative leave....I am sure this is unrelated to one another. BCBST is probably giving him a chance to take care of things, but Administrative leave sounds so....I dont know.

Personally, I do not have a good feeling about any of this.. Right now I am somewhat concerned MP just may somehow be involved with the disappearance of his wife and the mother of his two children..JMHO

So he has hired a PI-OK, gonna quarterback here again, but he has the whole attention of Signal Mountain PD. We were told he was cooperating fully...are they out of resources?

He is cooperating, right?

I'd like to know if TBI or FBI is involved at this point. Surely, they are. ?

I am trying to post the last page of the restraining order/temp custody document....Hoss has signed it, and he works for the most reknowned criminal defense attorney's in the Chattanooga area. Lee, Davis and Hoss. I think Davis used to be head of the public defender's office here.
can someone tell me how to post the documents....should I do so, even?

this was a very abbreviated version of what susie said, but...

Why does it matter if the kids are in school...haven't read backposts...sorry for that. The answer is simple. Yes, they are. They are also going on field trips and to after school activities. Turning 12 before Sept 30 is the cutoff to start 7th Grade here. Their grades are absolutely good enough to be pulled out early (despite 6th grade final exams).

Gails sister has seen the kids, but is not allowed inside the house...no-one searching for her has been allowed in..just ADT security today. Kids do not appear to have been interviewed, nor the house searched...no probable cause? What would they need to do so?

Yes, there is frustration that LE is silent...information is being given and silence is the result...mystifying. We just need to find her and would like some reassurance that it's being worked on!

We are organizing a search and vigil on Saturday at 4pm...Pruett's parking lot...so we'll "see" all you local's on here there...right??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500