TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_202911.asp

Sheriff Jim Hammond said major crimes detectives are working the case along with the Signal Mountain Police.

So...not just HCSO CI...but major crimes

All this is pretty huge to my inexperienced self with regard to missing persons. We've gone from SILENCE to the Major CRIMES Dept.

Hate to quote myself but ~ where is everybody? :crazy:

I think this is a huge deal because it goes to MP's state of mind, illicit activities, and just plain dishonesty even to MP's employer.

If he and this woman drove away from Pennsylvania, where did they go? Where did the other employees think they were going?

So is BC/BS doing this just to distance themselves from the investigation? Or have they done their own internal investigation and found that shady stuff happened on more than one occasion? I'm thinking this trip to Pennsylvania is the tip of the iceberg. It also fits with the receipts from the downtown hotels near BC/BS. I never believed the theory that those were from MP leaving the house and going to stay downtown. I think Gail was the one who left the house every time after the 911 calls. So the receipts were from trysts with another employee.

Also, Sheriff Hammond seems skeptical that Gail's jeep has not been spotted anywhere close by. I think that is another huge statement after a weekend search has turned up nothing again.

BBM - I agree. If that was it, didn't attend the conference, MP could have easily covered his tracks, call it an emergency and offered to reimburse any expense, then carry on. Interesting BS was questioning him, hopefully the police are doing it also! IMHO, I'd love for Nancy Grace to 'talk' him, just once!!

Maybe this was just one of the thing's GP's sister found out about, among other things.

Seems it is just now the tip of the iceberg we are seeing. LE knows more than we do and it seems they are not buying all of Matthew's story.
JMO...

And where would that red jeep be?
I remember the case of the AR woman who disappeared, finally found in her car
in an apartment garage. The place was being remodeled.
If the jeep isn't at the bottom of some river, it could be in a storage facility.
??

Indeed ~ for Oriah's question about the weather conditions and tracks, the rain on May 3rd renders it all moot anyway. That was the day after she was reported missing on May2nd by her husband. Tire tracks, footprints - all of it would be gone aftter the heavy rain.

Yes indeed. I was thinking the same thing! Maybe she tried to call her husband at the conference and he wasn't there? Maybe other employees covered for him, even if they didn't really know what he was doing?

I would feel paranoid in that situation, thinking the rest of the world knows something and you don't.

I've known people whose spouses were unfaithful and they were the last to know, and it is a terrible sense of betrayal, just devastating.

That this conference in question happened just a week before Gail went missing seems incredible. I'm still trying to process what that might mean for the 911 call and the trip to Alabama.

Conferences usually last only 2/3 days...unless a yearly, departmental, company sponsored outing.
Curious if other employees were to attend the conference, including the "female" or just Matt? He was a director, so I'm thinking no need for subordiates to attend. Budget, cost savings, etc. Maybe the female took vacation or personal leave? How sporatic or planned was the car purchase? Odd.

OK....just pulling from memory...but I remember a case where the gf dawned a blonde wig, disguised as LE and abducted the wife from a store parking lot.....in hand cuffs...rest not good. Over the top, but eye witness accounts are not always 100%. Possible GP was not driving the jeep? Also possible the "new" car could be the one stalking? Maybe no one "in the know" was to know about the new car?

MP's nightmare is becoming reality......hope to God someone is keeping an eye on the kids!!!!

JMO

As Kimster would say:
:thud:

I wish they would get his employment down pat.. I've seen 2009 and 2010. I'm more inclined to think it's '10 since she was still employed in KY til June '10; but it just may put another new spin if she stayed on in KY til the down-sizing was complete and he was already working in TN.

Seems it is just now the tip of the iceberg we are seeing. LE knows more than we do and it seems they are not buying all of Matthew's story.
JMO...

And where would that red jeep be?
I remember the case of the AR woman who disappeared, finally found in her car
in an apartment garage. The place was being remodeled.
If the jeep isn't at the bottom of some river, it could be in a storage facility.
??

I apologize if this was discussed before, I know that aspects of the car were hashed and rehashed a lot in previous threads---but if the Jeep had "OnStar" (sp?) wouldn't they be able to find it ? .....so I guess it didn't have this feature.

As Kimster would say:
:thud:

I know....I was at the point of racking my brain with speculation of her leaving on her own since nothing was breaking and her family had gone quite.

I apologize if this was discussed before, I know that aspects of the car were hashed and rehashed a lot in previous threads---but if the Jeep had "OnStar" (sp?) wouldn't they be able to find it ? .....so I guess it didn't have this feature.

Don't know how reliable, but the organizer for the searches stated...on FB, although the jeep was fairly new model, it didn't have the GPS.

I wish they would get his employment down pat.. I've seen 2009 and 2010. I'm more inclined to think it's '10 since she was still employed in KY til June '10; but it just may put another new spin if she stayed on in KY til the down-sizing was complete and he was already working in TN.
How about a press release?

BCBST_logo.gif

July 10, 2009 Palmgren Joins BlueCross Pharmacy Team
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Matthew C. Palmgren, Pharm D., recently joined BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as director of pharmacy programs for its government business and emerging markets business unit. In this role, he will be responsible for the pharmacy programs in BlueCross’ Senior Care Division, which serves Medicare Advantage and Part D members, and Volunteer State Health Plan, which oversees TennCare and Cover Tennessee programs.
r

http://www.bcbst.com/about/news/releases/default.asp?release=283

How about a press release?

BCBST_logo.gif

July 10, 2009 Palmgren Joins BlueCross Pharmacy Team
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Matthew C. Palmgren, Pharm D., recently joined BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as director of pharmacy programs for its government business and emerging markets business unit. In this role, he will be responsible for the pharmacy programs in BlueCross’ Senior Care Division, which serves Medicare Advantage and Part D members, and Volunteer State Health Plan, which oversees TennCare and Cover Tennessee programs.
r

http://www.bcbst.com/about/news/releases/default.asp?release=283

Thanks JBean. Boy, this just might put a whole new spin on things. He was working in TN a full year before she was released from the pharmaceutical company. Thud is right.

ETA:
Gail Palmgren lost her job at Novartis Pharmaceuticals in June 2010. She also suspected her husband was having an affair, according to friends and family, and had discovered hotel invoices from the DoubleTree hotel and a Hampton Inn in Chattanooga, invoices that showed his name and that he had paid in cash.
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/17/missing-woman-search-continues-gail-palmgren/

TIMES FREE PRESS ARTICLE (sorry for dups if already posted)

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011...-missing-woman-fired-bluecross-/?breakingnews

Matthew Palmgren was let go from his job Monday afternoon through a letter, said Lee Davis, a defense attorney, who is representing Palmgren.

The letter, according to Davis, cites the investigation into the disappearance of Palmgren’s wife, Gail, as a reason for the action.“Obviously, it cites the investigation. We’re not going to discuss the details at this point,” he said.

Hmm, it was because of the investigation, not the PA trip! I didn't think so!

And I don't think 'obviously' if he had nothing to do with it. Has anyone known of a family member disappearing and that was the reason a spouse/so was fired?

I have never heard someone being fired (after paying him for over a month) over their wife missing, if it was just that easy.

TIMES FREE PRESS ARTICLE (sorry for dups if already posted)

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011...-missing-woman-fired-bluecross-/?breakingnews

Matthew Palmgren was let go from his job Monday afternoon through a letter, said Lee Davis, a defense attorney, who is representing Palmgren.

The letter, according to Davis, cites the investigation into the disappearance of Palmgren’s wife, Gail, as a reason for the action.“Obviously, it cites the investigation. We’re not going to discuss the details at this point,” he said.

Hmm, it was because of the investigation, not the PA trip! I didn't think so!

And I don't think 'obviously' if he had nothing to do with it. Has anyone known of a family member disappearing and that was the reason a spouse/so was fired?

I have never heard someone being fired (after paying him for over a month) over their wife missing, if it was just that easy.

Heavens no. They wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Gail's disappearance pushed BCBS to peep into his activities and he was caught with his pants down....pun intended. IMO

Conferences usually last only 2/3 days...unless a yearly, departmental, company sponsored outing.
Curious if other employees were to attend the conference, including the "female" or just Matt? He was a director, so I'm thinking no need for subordiates to attend. Budget, cost savings, etc. Maybe the female took vacation or personal leave? How sporatic or planned was the car purchase? Odd.

OK....just pulling from memory...but I remember a case where the gf dawned a blonde wig, disguised as LE and abducted the wife from a store parking lot.....in hand cuffs...rest not good. Over the top, but eye witness accounts are not always 100%. Possible GP was not driving the jeep? Also possible the "new" car could be the one stalking? Maybe no one "in the know" was to know about the new car?

MP's nightmare is becoming reality......hope to God someone is keeping an eye on the kids!!!!

JMO

bolded by me.

It can't happen too fast ! I'm glad to see "karma" operating at a higher speed than normal. At the same time--I wish the kids could get out of there....

Thanks JBean. Boy, this just might put a whole new spin on things. He was working in TN a full year before she was released from the pharmaceutical company. Thud is right.

So they really must have been separated--at least by distance--all that time?

Sounds like it. The property lists as sold in Aug '09. Maybe someone can find something in the property records?

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/40-Ridgerock-Dr-Signal-Mountain-TN-37377/70219931_zpid/
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Recording Date[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]08/07/2009[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Document #[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2009080700179 BK-PG: 8993-157[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lender Name[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FIRST TENNESSEE BANK NA[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Buyer Name[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PALMGREN, MATTHEW C; PALMGREN, GAIL A[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Recording Date[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]08/07/2009[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Document #[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2009080700179 BK-PG: 8993-157[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lender Name[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]FIRST TENNESSEE BANK NA[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Buyer Name[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PALMGREN, MATTHEW C; PALMGREN, GAIL A[/FONT]
hang on. I see other activity on this transaction so I may have more later.

I see another transfer to them in 2006 almost as though they bought it, sold it and then bought it back.or something strange. not sure if it is relevant so will check it more carefully and report back later tonight.
ETA: based on Happy's post below perhaps they subdivided.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members