TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious to find if anyone here knows the statistics on the following scenarios:

1. How often a woman commits suicide where her body and vehicle are not found.
2. How often a person is involved in a terrible accident at the same exact time that they are planning a messy divorce and their spouse is found cheating on them and they are fearful where neither they nor there vehicle are found.
3. How often a woman is abducted by a stranger at the exact same time she is going through a messy divorce and her spouse is found cheating on her and she is fearful where neither she nor her vehicle are found.
4. How often an upper class, educated woman, mentally stable or otherwise, disappears without a trace for 2 months or more, leaving 2 young children behind and worried friends and family with no word to any of them.
5. How often does a controlling husband, or someone acting on his behalf, murder his wife after he is caught cheating on her and about to go through a messy divorce, where because of his infidelity and his wife's unemployment for a year (at his request) stands to lose just about everything, including a lot of time with his children?
Just curious if anyone knows, statistically speaking, what the odds are regarding the above scenarios.

well I just listened to that interview.

Arlene said that the GPS was passive and that the info had to be retrieved manually. All the data was safely stored on the car as to Matt's whereabouts for the first days after Gail went missing and then some.
Matt did not know the GPS was there.

So, my first question is, how did Matt come to know the GPS was there so he could remove it?It could still be there carefully storing data that could be invaluable in ruling him in or ruling him out. But somehow someone came to tell him the device was there.

If the boat key was a valuable tool in ruling Matt in or out, it is certainly useless now that it is public information.

Sorry but I am really peeved right now. because if Matt is responsible, any information is slowly getting reduced to worthless.

if I am misunderstanding something please just let me know and I will amend or delete my post and apologize. I am seeing red and might be missing something.

JBean, I'm interested in hearing your perspective today regarding the interview. Wondering if you're seeing it differently after sleeping on it. I'm not. I would like to hear if you have found an optimistic spin on it.

This really isn't that complicated.

Yes, Gail seems to be listed as Endangered by the state of Alabama. Tennessee just isn't using that same language, but that's up to them.

SMPD were the only ones on the case until sometime around the 16th-17th of May when they had a news conference announcing the two departments are working together.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14661367&updated

SIGNAL MOUNTAIN, HAMILTON COUNTY, TN (WRCB) – The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office is assisting in the search for a missing Signal Mountain mother.

At a news conference this afternoon, a representative of the Sheriff's Office said two detectives are aiding the Signal Mountain Police in the search for Gail Palmgren.

At the end of the article it says:

...call the Signal Mountain Police Department at 423-886-2123 or your local law enforcement agency.

Also, it's the Criminal Investigation Division of HCSO that did the search on the Palmgren House.
http://wdef.com/news/hamilton_co_investigators_search_gail_palmgrens_house/06/2011

I am curious to find if anyone here knows the statistics on the following scenarios:

2. How often a person is involved in a terrible accident at the same exact time that they are planning a messy divorce and their spouse is found cheating on them and they are fearful where neither they nor there vehicle are found.
3. How often a woman is abducted by a stranger at the exact same time she is going through a messy divorce and her spouse is found cheating on her and she is fearful where neither she nor her vehicle are found.
4. How often an upper class, educated woman, mentally stable or otherwise, disappears without a trace for 2 months or more, leaving 2 young children behind and worried friends and family with no word to any of them.
5. How often does a controlling husband, or someone acting on his behalf, murder his wife after he is caught cheating on her and about to go through a messy divorce, where because of his infidelity and his wife's unemployment for a year (at his request) stands to lose just about everything, including a lot of time with his children?
Just curious if anyone knows, statistically speaking, what the odds are regarding the above scenarios.

I'm going to say #1 and 2 have never happened, because I don't see how, without a body OR the vehicle, they'd know they'd committed suicide, or died in a terrible accident.

That was what I thought they meant. I wonder if this was just AD talking, or is there some MSM to back it up. Also, I don't know much about attorneys working in multiple states, but would it make sense for an attorney in AL to represent Matt, a TN resident against BCBS also located in TN. Just wondering.

I listened to the interview again today and heard Arlene say it. I haven't seen it otherwise.

I know that it is VERY common for attorneys in TN to be licensed in GA as well. I don't know about other states however. At the very least, I would think it more complicated for a Tennessee plaintiff to have an Alabama attorney. Possible more challenging for the attorney, who would probably have limited experience in Tennessee. I saw in an earlier post a reference to Mr. G. Do we have a name?

I'm going to say #1 and 2 have never happened, because I don't see how, without a body OR the vehicle, they'd know they'd committed suicide, or died in a terrible accident.

Sorry, let me clarify that. Let's say, not found relatively quickly, like within a month or two. I would think that the numbers would drop with each week that passes.

These are interesting questions, and I don't have statistics to offer you. The odds would seem very low in each instance, however.

I did at one time read research that indicated perpetrators of "low-level" domestic violence--meaning typically no physical injuries that would require medical care--are statistically more likely to be lethel than those whose tactics are more stereotypical of the phrase "domestic violence." Is anybody aware of that research? I've not been able to find it but haven't done an extensive search. I'd say not worth a time-consuming search. Someone here may have it handy though. Unless it was a flawed study.

I just leafed through some of the news articles. Some say call SMPD and some say call HCSO.

I think I'd just call 911 and let them figure it out. :floorlaugh:

Well, hopefully they are all working together as one big, happy family, so that maybe it's not such an important detail.

I've wondered if they've avoided arrest out of respect for the grief Arlene is going through. I don't think it means they don't wish she would hush.

I think you're right. And people with loud voices sure can do a lot of damage or give a lot a help. It can go either way, depending on their style and their intentions.

Can anybody clarify what Gail's family would like to see happening in this case? Are they ok with all the media stuff, or do they wish it would stop? Do they want AD, SMM, and FB to keep talking and doing? Or even WS? We're part of this too.

I really think their wishes should be respected unless there is a clear indication it would be harmful to the case. Can anybody say what the family wants?

I spoke with DN the other day. They are taking the slow, methodical behind-the-scenes approach that Gail was. Just because you haven't heard from them doesn't mean they aren't working on finding her everyday.

I spoke with DN the other day. They are taking the slow, methodical behind-the-scenes approach that Gail was. Just because you haven't heard from them doesn't mean they aren't working on finding her everyday.

Thank you for this perspective. Can you give any more details without breaking a confidence? Such as what DN would like to be happening with media, including WS? Personally, I'll stop posting immediately if the family believes this type of forum is harming them in any way.

Okay, so we aren't allowed to discuss anything except Matt killed her, and we can't consider if (snipped)

Just tell me the rules, and I am always happy to follow them.

Thank you for saying that! I have been feeling like banging my head into the wall feeling the same way, for weeks.

For what it's worth, I appreciate the fact that you are at least open to considering other ideas, and I like the way you are presenting your findings. Also for what it's worth, I think you could be getting very warm with some of your comments. I will be very interested to keep reading your posts.

One final thought...I tried to point this out the other day, but was very abruptly informed that my point wasn't valid. Both Matt and Gail are Dr.s of pharmacology. They both would have a wealth of knowledge ABOUT drugs, but like any of us, they would need a prescription and a pharmacy to fill it to actually have possession of any drugs. Neither of them would have been in direct contact with pharmacy drugs. Again, just trying to keep facts straight.

BBM:
What was Gail like as a child? As a high school student? College? She clearly was academically successful. How did she react to stressful situations, loss, and anger?

These are some of the things that might help point us in a direction of what may have happened that week- and what direction she might have headed when she disappeared.

I agree that all of this is very important and could certainly provided much needed info. One thing you ask that jumped out at me was "How did she react to...loss"? she seems to have had a lot of loss in the past few years...her father, brother, job, marriage. That is definitely a lot to handle. Do we know what the father and brother died of? Not trying to be morbid, but wondering if it was like a long cancer battle or what?

snipped...

I have to disagree that it's terrible to say someone is paranoid or delusional. Calling someone crazy or using other pejorative terms for mental illness is terrible.

I didn't say calling someone paranoid is terrible! I said that Gail's so-called friends telling Matt her secrets was terrible, and it was no wonder people thought she was paranoid given everything going on around her.

Thanks MacGyver! I think that there are some other sites that imply Gail's family isn't doing anything, which might be where the idea comes from.

MOO, but forget the schitzophrenia or mental illness approach ??

Whoa, where did the schizophrenia come into this? I don't recall seeing that mentioned before, but could have missed it. That completely changes the WHOLE thing and certainly makes some of the info more understandable. I have studied schizophrenia in-depth and can say that it is really a mess to deal with, for everyone and anyone involved. I would like to see the links to this... Thanks

snipped...

At the risk of being too blunt, this is ridiculous. Respectfully, SMM and Arlene have NO IDEA whether or not the FBI has been called in and is already working this case.

The only thing we know is that early on, KN said the FBI had been called. Since then, nothing about the FBI has been reported as far as I know. If they claim they have more info about that, then that's yet another claim they've made that no one else can substantiate. Frankly, that particular list is getting a little long for my taste.

snipped...

We don't know if Gail was on any medication.

A long time ago, JBean confirmed she had seen a medication list, right? But that it couldn't be posted because of HIPAA and, of course, it doesn't mean she even took the meds or what they were for.

Whoa, where did the schizophrenia come into this? I don't recall seeing that mentioned before, but could have missed it. That completely changes the WHOLE thing and certainly makes some of the info more understandable. I have studied schizophrenia in-depth and can say that it is really a mess to deal with, for everyone and anyone involved. I would like to see the links to this... Thanks

Isn't that the implication behind the allegations that Gail had delusions? I don't believe the specific word has been used before, but that's the way I understood it.

snipped...

The only thing we know is that early on, KN said the FBI had been called. Since then, nothing about the FBI has been reported as far as I know. If they claim they have more info about that, then that's yet another claim they've made that no one else can substantiate. Frankly, that particular list is getting a little long for my taste.

SMM interview clamored for the FBI. My point is that she does not know whether they are working it already. You are confirming the family called. All I am saying is that just because the media does not know if TBI and or FBI is on the case, does not mean they are not.

I am puzzled that MP would go outside of the state for representation in a lawsuit against a TN company. As others pointed out, the atty would have to be licensed in TN of course. Perhaps it is a family friend who is doing a favor for MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500