TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
To put it simply, I pretty much disagree with everything you said. We are all intitled to our own opinions.

it's clear Confused where you are coming from most of the time. i've appreciated your "other side of the coin" pov more than once. i tend to be a linear thinker by nature but i also (w/o being even an aquaintance of any of the parties in this case) have pointed out "what ifs" that are contrary to the main line of thinking and so when you give me pause to consider another way of "seeing" a situation, i am grateful. however...i can't understand how you can completely disagree w/ everything sleuthy said? you really don't think people all have a choice in how they act/react? i ask b/c that is a very basic belief of mine that i hold near and dear. that i can affect change in my life b/c i DO have choices. so...i just wanted to clarify if there were specific parts you disagreed w/ or if you really did disagree w/ ALL that you quoted...:waitasec:

it's clear Confused where you are coming from most of the time. i've appreciated your "other side of the coin" pov more than once. i tend to be a linear thinker by nature but i also (w/o being even an aquaintance of any of the parties in this case) have pointed out "what ifs" that are contrary to the main line of thinking and so when you give me pause to consider another way of "seeing" a situation, i am grateful. however...i can't understand how you can completely disagree w/ everything sleuthy said? you really don't think people all have a choice in how they act/react? i ask b/c that is a very basic belief of mine that i hold near and dear. that i can affect change in my life b/c i DO have choices. so...i just wanted to clarify if there were specific parts you disagreed w/ or if you really did disagree w/ ALL that you quoted...:waitasec:

I can't speak for Confused, but I think what they are saying has to do with this particular situation regarding the families wishes vrs the friend's and stranger's opinions of what the family may or may not want.

We of course have the right to do what we think is best (within legal/moral guidelines of course), but that doesn't mean we are right or should be doing whatever it is.

We have the right to act as angels or blundering butinskis. (not calling anyone these names - just showing a range of behaviors)

If the family wanted specific actions they would provide specifics or at the least, provide positive feedback to the activities that have taken place. JMO.

I can't speak for Confused, but I think what they are saying has to do with this particular situation regarding the families wishes vrs the friend's and stranger's opinions of what the family may or may not want.

We of course have the right to do what we think is best (within legal/moral guidelines of course), but that doesn't mean we are right or should be doing whatever it is.

We have the right to act as angels or blundering butinskis. (not calling anyone these names - just showing a range of behaviors)

If the family wanted specific actions they would provide specifics or at the least, provide positive feedback to the activities that have taken place. JMO.

:twocents:IMHO If there were no "vocal' ppl out there ... as opposed to the silent majority...Gail's case would have been a "COLD CASE" long before today... and would most definitely could GO "COLD", IF those voices that still CHOOSE to speak GO SILENT.:twocents:

BBM Do we know for sure that they have not given positive feedback or that one has and another has not? Just wondering. What to do in that situation?

To be honest, it's a holiday and I was being lazy with my snipping and bolding. I can agree that we all have our opinions, I can also agree the we have the right to share them and to change them. That is where my agreement stops.

I do think that Gail's family should have the total say concerning handling the publicity. That being said, Gail's immediate family is Matt and the kids. Her siblings take second seat to them, and friends take an even lesser roll. in this instance there are 3 very distinct groups, and my opinion is that the one group who should have the least say is making the biggest noise. many would counter by saying that the other 2 factions are not doing it, but there could be excellent reasons for that. The "friends" group don't appear to be concerned about any reasons for being quiet or holding info back, they only want publicity. Each time I hear AD on the news or CB, the term "15 minutes of fame" always pop to mind. I don't doubt that they both want to do good, but I wonder when I see and hear their comments if they haven't got caught up in the moment.

Most of you know how my feelings on this run, so it shouldn't surprise you. Matt is Gail's closest relative. Legally, I think he has more power and rights than Diane or Kevin. Although most of you disagree, he has not been shown to have done anything wrong, so he ultimately should have the lead role. many will claim that he isn't doing anything, but as we have seen with the LE, our not knowing doesn't mean that nothings happening. Matt didn't have much of a chance to absorb the situation and address it with the kids before D&K were swooping in and AD began with accusations. Once they had appeared on the news, Matt was pushed aside in the public eye and became the suspect.

As for ruffling feathers... If I were in this situation, it would be a little late to be worried about that. Ties have obviously been broken and bridges burned. I think that Gail's siblings don't want the national publicity for some other reason. They have no concern for Matt or his reputation, they know that the family bond has disappeared. They must be withholding something that the national media would discover-either about Gail or about the family.

So now you have my opinion. Thanks for asking.

my only disagreement with your last statement Confused is Matt being her "family" the fact that he filed for divorce says that he no long wants that role. it doesn't change his status as father but as husband (and therefore next of kin) it does. i realize that LEGALLY he still is, but as far as who "should" have more rights i can't imagine why he would want more when he is (or was) working on dissolving those rights. not placing judgement, just pointing out that in my opinion it doesn't make sense to say that he should be the #1 person deciding on how things regarding gail's "missingness" should be handled. (sorry couldn't think of a better way to describe this situation that we are discussing)

I believe at this point that current tactics are entrenched regardless of local response as to how well they are working.

So where's Gail?? I still doubt she is on this mountain. I believe that possibility has been so thoroughly examined that it is no longer likely. Oriah, what did you say about Suck Creek Road vs. Mountain Creek Road? Did you think one was more likely than the other?

FWIW, contrary to the attorney for Matt, the Jammer asked AD if she'd known that GP had been seeing a doctor when she was in Birmingham, Alabama. This would include PRIOR to AD and GP becoming close friends.

So I'd like to ask, IF GP was STILL seeing a doctor, why did the attorney just tell the Jammer about the period that GP had lived in Birmingham? I'm wondering if the def attorney is s t r e t c h i n g the facts to include present tense? Or is MP making things up for his attorney?

Just curious these contradictory statements.

I think a Jammer's intent for this part of the interview was to (1) discredit the "best friend" claim. After all, if they were "best friends," then AD should have known about the doctor visits. (2) Past or present, he was determined to support the claims that Gail was mentally unstable.

MP had just returned from the bogus business trip the day before GP disappeared. Wonder if TH was still in town? Wonder what color hair she has? Wonder what her alibi is? I know, I know, MP's criminal def attorney said she was at a game or something. But we know he's not obligated to speak the truth, he's not in a court of law. And Ms TH had been in Signal Mountain just the 29th. We don't KNOW for sure she was somewhere else, LE didn't say it, just someone who WANTS her to have an alibi.

Not pointing fingers, just curious. Just questions in my mind.

JMHO
fran

I've been surprised not to have seen these questions addressed anywhere. Does anybody know any of the answers?

I've been surprised not to have seen these questions addressed anywhere. Does anybody know any of the answers?

I've wondered how much AD knows about TH's "movements" so to speak. I've also wondered if AD could still be working with GP's PI. I'd also like to know why CB has a close relationship with SMPD? How is that?

I've wondered how much AD knows about TH's "movements" so to speak. I've also wondered if AD could still be working with GP's PI. I'd also like to know why CB has a close relationship with SMPD? How is that?

:twocents:Stay tuned for a followup on that ... stay tuned:twocents::coffeews::waiting:

:worms:

RSBM:

Although most of you disagree, he has not been shown to have done anything wrong, so he ultimately should have the lead role. many will claim that he isn't doing anything, but as we have seen with the LE, our not knowing doesn't mean that nothings happening. Matt didn't have much of a chance to absorb the situation and address it with the kids before D&K were swooping in and AD began with accusations. Once they had appeared on the news, Matt was pushed aside in the public eye and became the suspect.

In your opinion confused, what lead role is Matt wanting here?

No one is pushing Matt except his defense attorney...which he chose to hire days after her disappearance, even tho it's ultimately... still his choice in how he handled/handles things....that includes how much he chooses to be in the public eye. Matt was fired for actions he chose to do...not because of anything Gail or her family pushed him into doing.

I understand your side of the situation, but have you put yourself in Gail's families shoes with all the information that has come out and ask yourself what you would do if in that situation? What would you have done differently?

I have been involved in cases where the family has had enough and they shut everything down. Just because I dont like it, or necessarily agree with it, does not give me the right to interfere with that decision. I dont think we are seeing silence per say-I think we are seeing a family who is laying low in every possible way while protecting the children, the good name and the assets of their sister. JMO.

I wonder if there is value to plotting a few different courses based on the different theories. Let's say for example that someone did away with Gail. The window of time they had was a little more than 48 hours-without having access to pings except for some of Gail's, where would she be? I havent heard much more about Big Forks or the hardware store, so it seems possible they have been put to rest by LE. So in this theory we have to re work, maybe, how we think someone got control of Gail and her vehicle.. In this scenario, I favor water for disposal, unfortunately.

If we take the mental defect theory, where does a paranoid, delusional woman head in a vehicle? Again I am a fan of water here, but sure she could have hit the road and may have been many states from TN. Where would she have headed-someplace familiar like Ohio and or Buffalo, or would she have headed as far away from familiar areas as she could have gone?

I guess if we think she is voluntary missing, the above holds true. Does anyone know if Gail had a passion other than her children? Did she scuba dive, hike, fish, act, paint...kwim?

Oh and what is with the Goofy trailer hitch? Is there something significant about Goofy to her or was it something for the kids? This may have been covered, but I missed it if it was.

I wonder if there is value to plotting a few different courses based on the different theories. Let's say for example that someone did away with Gail. The window of time they had was a little more than 48 hours-without having access to pings except for some of Gail's, where would she be? I havent heard much more about Big Forks or the hardware store, so it seems possible they have been put to rest by LE. So in this theory we have to re work, maybe, how we think someone got control of Gail and her vehicle.. In this scenario, I favor water for disposal, unfortunately.

At this point, I'm convinced we are chasing imaginary rabbits with the mental defect/voluntary disappearance theories. JMO. We've analyzed those ideas repeatedly, and it just seems to me that most of the evidence contradicts both.

If someone did away with her--which is what I believe--I don't really see the point of wasting time going far away for that. There are too many possibilities closer to home. And after all, that leaves more time for covering tracks over the weekend.

I can't get away from suspicion of the Suck Creek Road area, although I understand Suck Creek was already searched. From the beginning, I thought about water as well. There's also the possibility of the Tennessee River or Chickamauga Lake, although not so "convenient." We have the River Walk path that provides so many easy access points to the river. Though not so much for a vehicle.

I guess if we think she is voluntary missing, the above holds true. Does anyone know if Gail had a passion other than her children? Did she scuba dive, hike, fish, act, paint...kwim?

I've heard repeatedly about her talent for crafts.

At this point, I'm convinced we are chasing imaginary rabbits with the mental defect/voluntary disappearance theories. JMO. We've analyzed those ideas repeatedly, and it just seems to me that most of the evidence contradicts both.

If someone did away with her--which is what I believe--I don't really see the point of wasting time going far away for that. There are too many possibilities closer to home. And after all, that leaves more time for covering tracks over the weekend.

I can't get away from suspicion of the Suck Creek Road area, although I understand Suck Creek was already searched. From the beginning, I thought about water as well. There's also the possibility of the Tennessee River or Chickamauga Lake, although not so "convenient." We have the River Walk path that provides so many easy access points to the river. Though not so much for a vehicle.

Agree with you 100% I was looking at a map the other day of the SM area and I agree with you about Suck Creek. It is right there and just screams at you from the map. My very first thought when I heard about this case was water.

I suspect we have all read stories of bodies that have been missed in areas that have been searched multiple times...the most recent case that springs to mind is the Anthony Holland case....he has a thread here.

The things I wonder about when someone is placed somewhat close to home, is how the perp doesnt go beserk wondering if she will appear? You have to be pretty confident that she is well covered. :(

my only disagreement with your last statement Confused is Matt being her "family" the fact that he filed for divorce says that he no long wants that role. it doesn't change his status as father but as husband (and therefore next of kin) it does. i realize that LEGALLY he still is, but as far as who "should" have more rights i can't imagine why he would want more when he is (or was) working on dissolving those rights. not placing judgement, just pointing out that in my opinion it doesn't make sense to say that he should be the #1 person deciding on how things regarding gail's "missingness" should be handled. (sorry couldn't think of a better way to describe this situation that we are discussing)

Thanks for your comments...and thanks for stating them politely...some have gotten away from that and it's nice to feel that I can make statements without feeling almost threatened for doing so.

Matt did file for separation. Then he withdrew that filing. I don't know the reasons for this, but legally he's still the one. If, rather than being missing, Gail had a heart attack and died in the hospital, no matter the state of separation or even if divorce proceedings were in progress, Matt would be the one to make the decisions. If it were just him and Gail, from the way the marriage seemed to be going, I can see that he would step aside and allow her family to take over. It is not just Matt and Gail. He has children, and this very much impacts them. As their father, and currently the only parent that they have, it should be his place, his call, his choice as to what is put out there in the public. The only others who should have a voice to the public would be the LE. I know that many don't agree with Matt's being quiet. I have seen so many complain that he isn't on TV and the net crying and begging for her to return. If he did, the same people would call him a hypocrit for doing so, while having an affair and seperating. Since he doesn't, they accuse him of murdering her. I don't blame him for the silence. We have all either read or made comment on AD and CB, even DN for statements they have released. Half believe it's good and half believe it's bad. It's a no win situation, and it has not helped bring Gail home.

It's obvious that no matter what any of us thinks, there are going to be the 3 factions, and the "friends" don't appear to care what either of the families think. So the best we can hope for is that they don't do anything that will negatively impact Gail's return or the kids. I will again say that it seems that AD and CB have their hearts in the right place-but maybe need to step back and take a breath, so that they can see the overall picture.

I've tried to "see" where she could have been abducted between her home and the main Taft Hwy. I don't think it would have been too logical really. If she was abducted, it would have been from her driveway or at a meeting spot previously arranged, imo. OTOH, it doesn't make sense that she would voluntarily leave on her own without any funds and still be out there off the grid. Suicide would have to go against everything we have been told or what other's perceived. Could she really have not wanted a divorce and not wanted any other options? Suicide would have been throwing in the towel and hurting her children. Hard for me to fathom. The last speculation would be some outside source on the parameters that we have heard nothing about, but might exist.

I think the conversaton with GP asking Diane to call SMPD was crucial and she prolly did reveal to Di what or who she thought was trying to follow or harm her and Di---for obvious reasons wants to keep it between her and LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodhaven1