TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as Matt being under scrutiny, however, he has brought some of that on himself by his actions and the circumstances; some of it is on him because of the fact that the spouse is usually the first suspect. I really don't think the public is at fault for thinking it likely that he did something to her.

Snipped..

Most definitely and IMHO he needs to be doing everything within his power to cooperate with LE in order for them to clear him of any suspicions related to her disappearance......JMHO

Nope, I don't think she was running any errands. She was head strong---for whatever reason. Someone forcing her under commands, she was in great fear as stated by Diane, or had jumped from that fear into immense anger. JMO, but, if she made it out of the driveway, she might have been going to meet or confront MP elsewhere.....or TH if she thought she knew where she was. There's always that possibility too of the unknown someone---who she may have found out about. Beside TH. Maybe an unknown person following her for some reason. Others have speculated there may have been more going on with GP and/or MP being involved with something or some other entity. JMO

My thought is that the more transition points along the way, the more chance for error. I think this was carefully planned and was planned to assure success as much as possible. She went to the lake house on the 29th, and I at this point believe that whatever prompted that was planned too. She may have been baited into an altercation. Who knows? But once she was out on the 29th, that left all night for preparations for a garage abduction. JMO.

Nope, I don't think she was running any errands. She was head strong---for whatever reason. Someone forcing her under commands, she was in great fear as stated by Diane, or had jumped from that fear into immense anger. JMO, but, if she made it out of the driveway, she might have been going to meet or confront MP elsewhere.....or TH if she thought she knew where she was. There's always that possibility too of the unknown someone---who she may have found out about. Beside TH. Maybe an unknown person following her for some reason. Others have speculated there may have been more going on with GP and/or MP being involved with something or some other entity. JMO

BBM
Speculating and hypothetical here...supposed she had information which led her to believe that MP "had company" after she left. That would tick her off enough to leave early and miss events with AD and not see the foal too. Might be a reason for her to make sure LE was there when she got there.

Maybe if he had a guest the guest's car was parked at a local business so as not to be seen in the driveway?

Maybe she saw MP with another female just before she got to the house? Dropped the kids off and was heading up to catch MP?

...just tossing this out there...

Confused, I think that's a very interesting point, and I haven't thought of it that way before.

Matt's family and friends naturally think Matt should take the lead, since they believe he is not guilty of having a role in Gail's disappearance.

Gail's brother and sister naturally think they should be in the lead, since they believe Matt caused their sister's disappearance.

Both of those groups is relatively quiet. So on that particular point, they are in agreement.

But we have the friends exercising their freedom of speech in opposition to both. Very odd IMO.

As far as Matt being under scrutiny, however, he has brought some of that on himself by his actions and the circumstances; some of it is on him because of the fact that the spouse is usually the first suspect. I really don't think the public is at fault for thinking it likely that he did something to her.

BBM

Has gail's family of origin made a statement to this effect or is this just your opinion? All the actions i've seen them take seems to just be to keep contact (despite what could be argued as mp being selfish or less than thoughtful toward them) not to protect them from their "dangerous" father. Just my observations...

I've tried to "see" where she could have been abducted between her home and the main Taft Hwy. I don't think it would have been too logical really. If she was abducted, it would have been from her driveway or at a meeting spot previously arranged, imo. OTOH, it doesn't make sense that she would voluntarily leave on her own without any funds and still be out there off the grid. Suicide would have to go against everything we have been told or what other's perceived. Could she really have not wanted a divorce and not wanted any other options? Suicide would have been throwing in the towel and hurting her children. Hard for me to fathom. The last speculation would be some outside source on the parameters that we have heard nothing about, but might exist.

I think the conversaton with GP asking Diane to call SMPD was crucial and she prolly did reveal to Di what or who she thought was trying to follow or harm her and Di---for obvious reasons wants to keep it between her and LE.

Before I became a SAHM I worked for the park district in our area. The park district in Cleveland is enormous compared to most cities and as such, the park system has its own police force (though they're called rangers).

The parkland encompasses a large valley with several high bridges. Because of the bridges and the vast, sometimes isolated areas in the valley, the rangers deal with more than their share of suicides each year. I remember one of the rangers telling me once that in a missing person's case, the more time goes on, the less likely it is that it is a suicide. Suicides tend to be found very quickly. It's only a matter of time before someone else drives down that isolated road, or someone realizes the person in the motel room never checked out, etc. So assuming that even if LE hasn't checked all the P's properties, I'm sure MP has, and I can't think of anywhere else where GP or her vehicle would not have been found yet if she had taken her own life.

My thought is that the more transition points along the way, the more chance for error. I think this was carefully planned and was planned to assure success as much as possible. She went to the lake house on the 29th, and I at this point believe that whatever prompted that was planned too. She may have been baited into an altercation. Who knows? But once she was out on the 29th, that left all night for preparations for a garage abduction. JMO.

BBM - You know that made me think of something in regards to the pre-plan scenario. What if they began to argue, MP would think she'd call the police, they'd make them separate, the normal thing to do was for her to head for the lake....BUT she didn't call??? Was MP forced to drive to the police station (plan B) to create an incident, ultimately sending GP to the lake with the children, which is the typical thing SMPD does, via the cool down separation.

Who drives to the police station to cause problems? Why didn't he just leave and go elsewhere?? After telling her he was filing the separation on Tuesday, why would he think he could just hang around? I personally think he had all intention to keep the house, the kids, and live happily ever after, IMHO.

Did he need her to go to the lake for some reason? Is that where someone was to be following her, based on her calls to continue to mess with her mind, minimally? It appears under no circumstances MP wanted her to be at the SM home and he leave...but why? Then he is reported to be at his mother's? hmmmm?!? :twocents:

BBM

Has gail's family of origin made a statement to this effect or is this just your opinion? All the actions i've seen them take seems to just be to keep contact (despite what could be argued as mp being selfish or less than thoughtful toward them) not to protect them from their "dangerous" father. Just my observations...

I agree with your observations here. I don't recall the siblings making accusatory statements against Matt. That seems to be the friend group.

BBM - You know that made me think of something in regards to the pre-plan scenario. What if they began to argue, MP would think she'd call the police, they'd make them separate, the normal thing to do was for her to head for the lake....BUT she didn't call??? Was MP forced to drive to the police station (plan B) to create an incident, ultimately sending GP to the lake with the children, which is the typical thing SMPD does, via the cool down separation.

Who drives to the police station to cause problems? Why didn't he just leave and go elsewhere?? After telling her he was filing the separation on Tuesday, why would he think he could just hang around? I personally think he had all intention to keep the house, the kids, and live happily ever after, IMHO.

Did he need her to go to the lake for some reason? Is that where someone was to be following her, based on her calls to continue to mess with her mind, minimally? It appears under no circumstances MP wanted her to be at the SM home and he leave...but why? Then he is reported to be at his mother's? hmmmm?!? :twocents:

BBM
Happy409, add to that train of thought...AD had stated that GP had told her MP was to have joined GP & the kids at the lake house to break the news to the kids of the separation.

BBM
Speculating and hypothetical here...supposed she had information which led her to believe that MP "had company" after she left. That would tick her off enough to leave early and miss events with AD and not see the foal too. Might be a reason for her to make sure LE was there when she got there.

Maybe if he had a guest the guest's car was parked at a local business so as not to be seen in the driveway?

Maybe she saw MP with another female just before she got to the house? Dropped the kids off and was heading up to catch MP?

...just tossing this out there...

All good possibilities. I hate to say it, but I've even envisioned GP being abducted from her driveway and then passing a waving MP on his way back home. Terrible I know, but I have. Wish we had some solid clarification what time he actually arrived home--- and his activities from the time GP left for AL.

BBM
Happy409, add to that train of thought...AD had stated that GP had told her MP was to have joined GP & the kids at the lake house to break the news to the kids of the separation.

Yes AD did....and that's something I'm still swirling around in my mind. Why take the kids 4 hrs away from home to tell them something like this and have them emotionally upset for the continuance of the stay, plus the drive home? Makes no sense to me.... at all. And as happy409 has pointed out above, why didn't Matt just tell the children Friday...at home and then go to his mother's or a hotel since he told her he was going to file on Tues. He could have used Friday to rent a condo, told the children on Saturday and left for some piece :slap: on Sunday.

I think that Gail's siblings don't want the national publicity for some other reason. They have no concern for Matt or his reputation, they know that the family bond has disappeared. They must be withholding something that the national media would discover-either about Gail or about the family.

So now you have my opinion. Thanks for asking.

This is an interesting post, and I snipped this part because I think a lot of us have wondered the same thing. It does seem, based on the FB drama, that KN and his wife are more upset about FB and publicity than DN is. But I've been thinking about this for a while and honestly, I think they have every right to be upset about the FB. (And it seems pretty weird that Matt appears not to care at all... but that's the way he's been the whole time, I guess.)

I don't think I can even imagine how horrifying this must be for Gail's siblings. That's why I personally think that's fine if the family is upset with the public image of the case and wants to do something about it. And by family I do mean her biological family, not Matt. The point that he filed for divorce and wanted to split has already been made; he didn't want to be family anymore. That's important.

Gail's siblings have a LOT of reason to be upset. It's their right to do what they want to protect Gail and/or her kids, family rights trump the rights of strangers, and I doubt they need FB drama in their lives right now. They have enough to deal with. All just my opinion, of course.

(Edited because I think I was a little too harsh in my wording at first. :eek: )

:twocents:GP enjoys being a stay at home Mom and spending time with her children, Landscaping & Gardening, Crafting with the kids, Loves Disney ~ Especially "Goofy" and spending time in Alabama at the Lake House.:twocents:

I've tried to "see" where she could have been abducted between her home and the main Taft Hwy. I don't think it would have been too logical really. If she was abducted, it would have been from her driveway or at a meeting spot previously arranged, imo.

I know I already clicked thanks, but wanted to thank you specifically for this part. When I look at the maps and compare to the videos, I just get overwhelmed. Personally, I think the most likely theory is the person with the most motive has harmed her. The second most likely in my opinion is that someone accosted her, but I've never really known if the area had any geographical locations that would allow for that.

Abducted from the driveway seems likely given the little we know. I just keep wondering though, if she was abducted from home, wouldn't they want money? She had no credit cards or cash on her as far as we know.

Which also makes me question a pre-arranged meeting spot. Where would she have gone that didn't require money of some sort?

I agree with your observations here. I don't recall the siblings making accusatory statements against Matt. That seems to be the friend group.

It was implied in a News Channel 9 article from a while ago:

It was a bizzare conversation and Diane wonders if it's in any way connected to Gail's husband, Matthew Palmgren. "I know they had some marriage problems."

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1001216-nichols-last.html

Otherwise, I don't think there has been anything. In fact, with the FB drama there was implication that KN's wife didn't think Matt had anything to do with it, if I recall.

I have (yes, yet another!) random question for locals.

I'm having a difficult time, considering the timeframe of Gail's disappearance relative to the severe weather occuring just afterwards; to utilize the standard approach to vehicles submerged in water- which, imvho, is tire tracks.

That said, traces of where a vehicle may have gone into a body of water (surrounding the first, let's say, 48 hours) would likely have been erased by the following storms and rainfall.

Now this is my question for locals: How many boat ramps and/or deep water access points are there in a radius of Gail's last known phone pings?

Does Raccoon Mnt fit into any of those categories?

TIA....

I know I already clicked thanks, but wanted to thank you specifically for this part. When I look at the maps and compare to the videos, I just get overwhelmed. Personally, I think the most likely theory is the person with the most motive has harmed her. The second most likely in my opinion is that someone accosted her, but I've never really known if the area had any geographical locations that would allow for that.

Abducted from the driveway seems likely given the little we know. I just keep wondering though, if she was abducted from home, wouldn't they want money? She had no credit cards or cash on her as far as we know.

Which also makes me question a pre-arranged meeting spot. Where would she have gone that didn't require money of some sort?

If she was abducted, I don't think it was random. Kwim? Maybe the main goal was Gail.....or then a payoff-- depending who did the abduction. IMO

I have (yes, yet another!) random question for locals.

I'm having a difficult time, considering the timeframe of Gail's disappearance relative to the severe weather occuring just afterwards; to utilize the standard approach to vehicles submerged in water- which, imvho, is tire tracks.

That said, traces of where a vehicle may have gone into a body of water (surrounding the first, let's say, 48 hours) would likely have been erased by the following storms and rainfall.

Now this is my question for locals: How many boat ramps and/or deep water access points are there in a radius of Gail's last known phone pings?

Does Raccoon Mnt fit into any of those categories?

TIA....

Not local.....but

Looks to be only one on the river side of Raccoon.
http://www.tva.com/sites/pdf/raccoonmtn.pdf

Lots of caves, but not sure if actually accessable at any time....or if there are other entry points.

Raccoon Mountain Caverns consists of over 5 1/2 + miles of underground passageways.
http://www.raccoonmountain.com/html/cave.html

If she was abducted, I don't think it was random. Kwim? Maybe the main goal was Gail.....or then a payoff-- depending who did the abduction. IMO

I agree, if she was abducted then she was the target. It's very unlikely she was unlucky enough to be randomly targeted for her Jeep or her money.

A few days ago I speculated she left her credit cards and DL behind purposely. If so, that could be because she was going to meet someone she thought might harm her or she had time to get them inside before being forced to drive off. If it was the first case, then I would assume she'd have at least stopped for a few seconds and told Susie "If I'm not back in an hour, call 911" or something. That makes me think the abduction scenario, likely in the garage or in/near the house, might be more accurate.

I just can't figure out C's sighting, though. That sounds like it would be another reason to believe the abduction theory, but why would they hang around where they could be sighted? It's so puzzling.

I agree, if she was abducted then she was the target. It's very unlikely she was unlucky enough to be randomly targeted for her Jeep or her money.

A few days ago I speculated she left her credit cards and DL behind purposely. If so, that could be because she was going to meet someone she thought might harm her or she had time to get them inside before being forced to drive off. If it was the first case, then I would assume she'd have at least stopped for a few seconds and told Susie "If I'm not back in an hour, call 911" or something. That makes me think the abduction scenario, likely in the garage or in/near the house, might be more accurate.

I just can't figure out C's sighting, though. That sounds like it would be another reason to believe the abduction theory, but why would they hang around where they could be sighted? It's so puzzling.

JMO, but not putting too much stock into it unless LE can corroborate.
If she was taken from the driveway and forced to drive....why didn't she pull a Tiger Woods?....I would have. Unless they threatened the children or she was just too afraid to. ??? Quandary.

BBM

I believe you are correct. I KNOW I heard the statement and THOUGHT I heard it from a family member, but it appears I was wrong. And it definitely makes sense for them NOT to say it publicly. That would make it even more difficult for them to see their niece and nephew, which is apparently already difficult enough and has been from the beginning. Supervised visits? Please.... Again Matt brings himself under suspicion with nearly every move he makes.

I do believe they think it. IMO it's a fairly obvious conclusion that he must be involved, even if he didn't do it himself.

That is, if we are ruling out the mental defect/voluntary disappearance/car accident theories.

To believe she was the victim of random foul play having nothing to do with him at all--pure coincidence--is in the same category with Montjoy's bonk in the head scenario IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500