TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why the photographer would take the picture, nor the editor publish the picture, without some sort of caption or explanation. And...without a good explanation, it seems in very poor taste IMO.

I think it's just a shot from the video they did. Channel 9 and The Chattanoogan are partners--I think...the apartments were a backdrop for the story since they were on location? Under the pic it says to go to Channel 9 for the video.

I don't understand why the photographer would take the picture, nor the editor publish the picture, without some sort of caption or explanation. And...without a good explanation, it seems in very poor taste IMO.

Well, my concern isn't taste. My concern is whether or not that's Gail's Jeep sitting out in front of Matt's mother's apartment.

BBM Maybe she knew the "person" she was most afraid of would not be there. Maybe she knew that because she was going to be with that person. Maybe at home was the safest place for them at the time, in her mind. JMO.

Well, if he was threatening, then she knew if he carried through with those threats, he'd go home, and the children she'd left there would be at his mercy, and if he was still angry, he just may take it out on them.

It's the last place a mom would leave her kids if her husband was threatening her.

Well, my concern isn't taste. My concern is whether or not that's Gail's Jeep sitting out in front of Matt's mother's apartment.

It's red and not the deep crimson color as GP's. The plates are not the same if you enlarge the pic and no tire cover. TBH, it may have been one of the detectives, lawyer or PI's. It was gone by the time the shoot was over. Sometimes I do have my doubts about LE, but I seriously doubt they would have missed that sitting right there.

ETA: Or part of the news crew.

Oh, yes. My concern as well. I think the media should know people would wonder, and the pic deserves some comment if they are going to publish it.

I wonder if LE will run the license plates to see where that person got that vehicle from, whether or not the vehicle has been repainted or a hardshell put on the back of the vehicle. That is just down right spookie.

Ok, new channel 12 teaser just aired. Said they talked with Matt's mother and will have a report at 11:00.

It's red and not the deep crimson color as GP's. The plates are not the same if you enlarge the pic and no tire cover. TBH, it may have been one of the detectives, lawyer or PI's. It was gone by the time the shoot was over. Sometimes I do have my doubts about LE, but I seriously doubt they would have missed that sitting right there.

ETA: Or part of the news crew.

I just looked at the video again. The female reporter, at the beginning of her piece, says the apt behind her is mom's. Look in front, and there's a motorcycle parked, and next to it, an empty space.

A bit further on, same apt, same motorcycle, and next to the motorcycle is the red Jeep. So it came on the scene and parked in front of the apt after the reporter started doing her story apparently.

I guess what I'm hung up on is that Arlene said she checked with a dealer, and there's only 1 Jeep that's red in a 200 mile radius - very rare.

I'm no good with vehicles, so I'm the last person would be able to identify Gail's Jeep.

If that's not Gail's Jeep, and they filmed it just for sensationalism, to give people the impression it was, or to make them go crazy like I am atm, then I'm with Pearl - and it's more than bad taste - it's the worst form of tabloid journalism.

I just looked at the video again. The female reporter, at the beginning of her piece, says the apt behind her is mom's. Look in front, and there's a motorcycle parked, and next to it, an empty space.

A bit further on, same apt, same motorcycle, and next to the motorcycle is the red Jeep. So it came on the scene and parked in front of the apt after the reporter started doing her story apparently.

I guess what I'm hung up on is that Arlene said she checked with a dealer, and there's only 1 Jeep that's red in a 200 mile radius - very rare.

I'm no good with vehicles, so I'm the last person would be able to identify Gail's Jeep.

If that's not Gail's Jeep, and they filmed it just for sensationalism, to give people the impression it was, or to make them go crazy like I am atm, then I'm with Pearl - and it's more than bad taste - it's the worst form of tabloid journalism.

I think the 200 mile radius was referencing either AL or MS from that interview, but I could be wrong.

Found it here:http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

She traveled to Ider, Ala., to speak with the ex-husband of Ms. Helton. He told her, "I didn't hear about the affair until everybody started calling me."

She drove to Batesville and rode by the house where Tammy Helton now lives.

She talked to Jeep dealers and was told that the crimson red was an unpopular color for the Rubicon. They only knew of one like it in a 200-mile radius.

The Jeep Dealer may have been right about the color crimson. The jeep in the video was bright red, had a hard top and the spare tire cover removed.

Even if the jeep appeared out of weird coincidence, I don't believe for a minute that nobody involved in the media report noticed it and thought it might be worth mentioning. I see no excuse either way.

I think the jeep was a coinkdink. The important thing is GP's name and investigation is out there and getting media attention.

Detectives Search Julanne Palmgren's Apartment
July 06, 2011 5:37 PM

Lindsay Jackson
Detectives spent Wednesday evening searching an apartment on Mountain Creek Rd. in Chattanooga... the home of Matthew Palmgren's mother.

Palgrem's wife, Gail, has been missing since April 30th. There has been evidence of foul play but investigators say they have not ruled out any possibility.

We spoke with an attorney for Julanne Palmgren, Matthew's mother. He said they gave authorities permission to search the apartment.

BBM, did anybody else catch this in the article? That there says they know a lot more than what they are telling us.

Detectives Search Julanne Palmgren's Apartment
July 06, 2011 5:37 PM

Lindsay Jackson
Detectives spent Wednesday evening searching an apartment on Mountain Creek Rd. in Chattanooga... the home of Matthew Palmgren's mother.

Palgrem's wife, Gail, has been missing since April 30th. There has been evidence of foul play but investigators say they have not ruled out any possibility.

We spoke with an attorney for Julanne Palmgren, Matthew's mother. He said they gave authorities permission to search the apartment.

BBM, did anybody else catch this in the article? That there says they know a lot more than what they are telling us.

Do you think that's a typo? Wouldn't be the first time for our local news websites. They really need to proofread these updates better. I think they may have meant "no evidence of foul play but...". But who knows, boy oh boy.

Yes, but I bet that the writer meant to say that there is NO evidence of foul play. That is what has been stated all along anyway.

Good catch. I agree it's probably a typo. They misspelled "Palmgren" at the beginning of the paragraph, and the wording makes more sense if there is a "no" in there.

Reminds me of the article about Diane describing the last phone call with Gail as "bizzare." That misspelling irks me to no end.

EDITED TO ADD: They changed the article and it now says "no evidence".

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/home-1002746-palmgren-julanne.html

Still misspelled "Palmgren" though. :sigh:

By the way, I did a search looking for pictures of the crimson red Jeep uses on their vehicles and found nothing -- mostly, I got search results that were articles about Gail. Does anyone know of anything that specifically shows a palette of the types of red these Rubicons came in?

Edited to add: I've been looking at the pictures we have and this one

051711webaMissing_t618.jpg

seems to be the best example for seeing the color in a good light. It looks like a darker red than the one in the news article, but I'd still like to do some side-to-side comparison just to get the color straight in my head.

That Jeep in the news article isn't Gails, but maybe they had a Jeep there on purpose to say "This is the kind of Jeep Gail drove" and then changed their minds. At any rate, they should have explained it. It's strange.

images

The colors listed for the 2011 models are 2 reds: Deep Cherry Red Chrystal and Flame Red. I think Gail's was the Deep Cherry. The one in the picture on the news story in front of the apt. looks to be the Flame Red. JMO.

The one in this picture above looks to be the Flame Red also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member