TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at the video again. The female reporter, at the beginning of her piece, says the apt behind her is mom's. Look in front, and there's a motorcycle parked, and next to it, an empty space.

A bit further on, same apt, same motorcycle, and next to the motorcycle is the red Jeep. So it came on the scene and parked in front of the apt after the reporter started doing her story apparently.

I guess what I'm hung up on is that Arlene said she checked with a dealer, and there's only 1 Jeep that's red in a 200 mile radius - very rare.

I'm no good with vehicles, so I'm the last person would be able to identify Gail's Jeep.

If that's not Gail's Jeep, and they filmed it just for sensationalism, to give people the impression it was, or to make them go crazy like I am atm, then I'm with Pearl - and it's more than bad taste - it's the worst form of tabloid journalism.

Gail's jeep is also a soft top, I believe, and not that bright red color.

By the way, I did a search looking for pictures of the crimson red Jeep uses on their vehicles and found nothing -- mostly, I got search results that were articles about Gail. Does anyone know of anything that specifically shows a palette of the types of red these Rubicons came in?

Here's a link to a Jeep site "Build My Own" where you can see the palette for the 2011 models, which are probably the same.

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/bmo/CUJ201106JKJS72A/2TR/colors.do

images

The colors listed for the 2011 models are 2 reds: Deep Cherry Red Chrystal and Flame Red. I think Gail's was the Deep Cherry. The one in the picture on the news story in front of the apt. looks to be the Flame Red. JMO.

The one in this picture above looks to be the Flame Red also.

http://autos.yahoo.com/jeep/wrangler/2010/rubicon/colors.html

LOOK AT RED ROCK CRYSTAL PEARL:twocents:

Ah, so they did change the names or the colors. The 2 reds actually look a little closer in shade in your 2010 samples than in the 2011 swatches. I think Gail's was definitely the darker red. The one in the picture in front of the apt. looks more like the brighter red. JMO. :twocents:

Here they are all on the same page for comparison. Red Rock Crystal is a 2010 disc color. Deep Red Rock Crystal took it's place in 2011. The darker reds look almost copper in color in comparison. JMHO!

http://www.nywrangler.com/jeep-wrangler-rubicon-exterior-colours

I'm so irritated now, looking at what the media circus has done with our thread. So many of us (me included) have gone down a side road re-analyzing jeep colors. That would be fine if it was needed, but it is beginning to look like either media manipulation or media irresponsibility.

Then...the whole report tonight about searching Matt's mother's apartment. Cameras at the complex, at her door, on the people coming and going--even a close up of her window blinds, as if they were trying to see between the slats! Pics of the back deck--they really tried to "see" in from every possible side! How is that news?

I just really feel sorry for the woman. I can't believe anybody is seriously looking at her as a suspect, but yet she has to go through all this junk anyway. I agree that a search was necessary under the circumstances, but all the cameras, etc.? I just don't see the value of all that. End of rant...

I do like her hanging basket on the deck, I must say! What kind of flower do you think that is?

Here is a quick transcript of the earlier newscast on News Channel 9. I left out the incidental transitional bits but all the key info is there. I don't think the 11 PM newscast is up yet.

---

ANCHORMAN CALVIN SNEED: The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is now looking into the disappearance of Signal Mountain mother Gail Palmgren. Palmgren has been missing since April 30th. The TBI is reviewing the local investigation at the request of Palmgren's sister. Now the Hamilton County Sheriff's Department is still the lead agency, and today, detectives are searching the home of Matthew Palmgren's mother. News Channel 9's Lindsay Jackson joins us now live from the Mountain Creek Apartments.

LINDSAY JACKSON: Detectives spent about 2 hours searching a property here at the Mountain Creek Apartments. They arrived here around 4:00 and left just a few moments ago. The apartment you see behind me is that of Julanne Palmgren, she is the mother of Matthew Palmgren. Spokesperson for the Hamilton County Sheriff's Department Janice Atkinson tells me this is just one of several properties that they plan to search. However, Atkinson says it is just part of the investigation. They're looking for anything that could lead to information regarding the whereabouts of Gail Palmgren. Again, she has been missing since about April 30th. Atkinson says this was all cleared by Lee Davis, the attorney for Matthew Palmgren, and the private investigator Palmgren hired, Mike Mathis, was also here during the search today, and again if you'll remember, it comes on the heels of another recent search of the property that Gail shared with her husband Matthew. Their home was searched recently. So far, no evidence has been found though at that property, and as far as we know at this property, or anywhere for that matter, with information leading to where Gail may be. Again, this is a story that we have been following since the beginning, and we will bring you any information that we get.

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/home-1002746-palmgren-julanne.html

I have to agree Pearl*, the Jeep out in front of the apartment house is really making me irritated. And after transcribing the 6:00 news cast from News Channel 9, it seemed really self serving. But I'm a little irritated with the police too, because the spokesperson is always saying "It's just an investigation" and playing it down while they're off searching a bunch of locations. And on top of that, Matt's PI is there and LE has to get permission to search from Matt's lawyers! Augh, this is just feeling like such a dang mess right now.

Ok, new channel 12 teaser just aired. Said they talked with Matt's mother and will have a report at 11:00.

Sorry, folks. I think I must have heard wrong, because I didn't see anything like this on the 11:00 news.

On the channel 9 report, however, HCSO is once again named as being lead in this case. Strange to have so many discrepancies on who is in charge of investigating the case.

http://www.newschannel9.com/articles/home-1002746-palmgren-julanne.html

"HCSO is still the lead agency...."

The only thing I'm going to say is if I were a lead detective, and I really wanted to freak a suspect out, I might just pull a red Jeep Rubicon into the parking lot just to see if I got a reaction....

Here is a quick transcript of the earlier newscast on News Channel 9. I left out the incidental transitional bits but all the key info is there. I don't think the 11 PM newscast is up yet.

Thanks for the transcript! You always get them done so FAST too! Does WS have an official transcriptionist? I vote for you!

:eek:nline:

The only thing I'm going to say is if I were a lead detective, and I really wanted to freak a suspect out, I might just pull a red Jeep Rubicon into the parking lot just to see if I got a reaction....

WOW...no doubt! Interesting it came and went during the news footage!

My two cents about this search: :twocents: They have to look at MP's mother. I don't want to go off on a tangent again about the cellphone ping, but the police said it was at the "north base" and that's near Mt. Creek Road, where these apartments are located. On the day Gail disappeared, MP said he had just come from his mother's home. During one of their spats that led to a 911 call, Gail left their house and went to stay with his mother.

So I want to know whatever she knows - and I bet she knows alot! :cow:

I thought this was interesting:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jul/07/sheriffs-investigators-complete-last-3-local-palmg/

The search was similar to one conducted at the Palmgrens’ home in St. Ives subdivision at 40 Ridgerock Drive on June 23. In that search, investigators used an alternate light source looking for body fluids, photographed the area and conducted a general search.

Also, that whole thing about Mike Mathis the PI needing to be there for every search is one of the weirdest things about this case. He isn't just acting as a PI, but almost as an attorney! He even served that letter to Arlene in Alabama - it's just odd to me.

Mike Mathis, a former Chattanooga Police Department investigator, who has been hired by Palmgren, must be present during the searches

I've seen it stated a number of times that Matt had just come from his mom's apartment. Is there an MSM source for that? I'd like to put it into the timeline if so.

TIA

WOW...no doubt! Interesting it came and went during the news footage!

Most likely editing. They prolly did the video shots prior to her live reporting and ran it then. The search was over by the time they aired at 6:00. JMO

RSBM

Also, that whole thing about Mike Mathis the PI needing to be there for every search is one of the weirdest things about this case. He isn't just acting as a PI, but almost as an attorney! He even served that letter to Arlene in Alabama - it's just odd to me.

I believe he is affiliated with the firm of D & H. He's their PI and it was stated he was hired the same day, iirc.

ETA:Mathis joined Team Adam last year. It is an elite group of local, state and federal law enforcement retirees who are rapidly deployed to cities across the country to help search for missing kids and teens.

http://www.wate.com/story/13980431/...ssing-east-tennessee-children?redirected=true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare