TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know JBean has the divorce info and I think it was said that to protect the children's privacy that was not being posted here. However, I wonder if JBean can confirm from the filing which attorneys filed it? Because I would swear it was a different attorney originally who filed the divorce and that Davis only began handling the divorce after he retained them.

JBean?? :seeya:

Here's link... and the mutual agreement between LE/D&H is just my speculation.

"From day one, we have provided both the Signal Mountain Police and the Hamilton County Sheriff's Department with physical evidence, investigative leads, financial information, personal information, DNA samples, access to all of Palmgren's real property and face to face meetings with his investigator, Mike Mathis. As his attorneys, both Lee (Davis) and I have met with law enforcement and been in constant contact with them throughout this process. We will continue to assist and cooperate in the missing person investigation of Gail Palmgren."

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/1506257...case-could-turn-criminal-therefore-no-comment

My understanding is he told Gail he had set up an appointment with an attorney before Gail disappeared.. Did he originally make an appointment with D and H, who are criminal defense attorneys to handle legal separation and divorce proceedings?

Good question.

Yes, I know, but has LE asked to interview the children?

Despite what anyone else may think, LE may feel they have enough info from the children via Matt and/or Matt's attorneys.

This sounds like a good question for AZLawyer and Gitana. I'll pop over there and post and see if they have any thoughts on the likelihood that LE asked for an interview.

Thanks, I haven't seen anything in MSM either....and feel as you do...giving LE the BOTD they have requested (SOP) to speak to Matt and the children. I think LE and D&H have not come to a mutual agreement....on just what can be asked. IYKWIM. He lawyered up early (after reporting GP missing and pressure from Di and AD) and there was only mention of a face to face between LE and MM. imo. I believe it's all in the same link I provided about MP and children not making any statements.

HOLLYBLUE! :slap:

Do ya think you could've found any more acronyms to put in those FOUR sentences? We need glorias over here to do her transcription magic! First I'm trying to learn Twitter code, and then I come over here to THIS?

ETA: Mods, it doesn't count as bashing if it's just Hollyblue, does it? :D

This case reminded me a lot of Gail.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144706"]Found Deceased GA - Nique Leili, 44, Lawrenceville, 9 July 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I have a question for those who know about search dogs. I didn't get a chance to ask this when it was brought up recently on the last thread. After the amount of time that has passed since Gail disappeared and the rain we have had, can they still pick up the scent with the same reliability? I mean, obviously, it would be best done right away, but is it hopeless? TIA

Wow. Yes, you are correct. So similar and so sad. Thank you.

ETA I've said it before and I'll say it again, in my humble opinion, sadly, Gail's story is not unique.

Makes me so mad... Who in the HELL-O do these guys think they are?

Makes me so mad... Who in the HELL-O do these guys think they are?

I don't know, but I just found this book and I think I'm going to order it....

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Erased-Missing-Women-Murdered-Wives/dp/0787996394"]Amazon.com: Erased: Missing Women, Murdered Wives (9780787996390): Marilee Strong, Mark Powelson: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/512VVYl%2BQtL.@@AMEPARAM@@512VVYl%2BQtL[/ame]

HOLLYBLUE! :slap:

Do ya think you could've found any more acronyms to put in those FOUR sentences? We need glorias over here to do her transcription magic! First I'm trying to learn Twitter code, and then I come over here to THIS?

I speak internet acronymese and even I didn't get a couple of them. :crazy: "SOP" is "standard operational procedure," I think. MSM is mainstream media. I don't know BOTD.

IYKWIM is one of my favorites: "If you know what I mean." My favorite variation is IYKWIM,AITYD: "If you know what I mean, and I think you do." I use it every chance I get.

I'm stunned. So many parallels: Waiting 2 days to call LE, filing for divorce and custody right after the wife disappears, not searching for the missing wife, refusing to let LE speak with kids, police saying there were no signs of foul play, husband releasing statement through his lawyers saying he's cooperating with LE despite reports to the contrary.

The difference sadly is that Nique's car was still there and the body was found within a few days. Without Gail's Jeep or Gail herself, I fear this case is going to go nowhere.

My heart just breaks for Gail and Nique and every other missing person out there, especially the missing wives who are never found because it's easier to believe she "just ran off". This really is common, isn't it? The more cases like this I hear about, the less likely I personally feel Gail's disappearance is something new and unique. I'm genuinely afraid it's the more of the same old thing.

I speak internet acronymese and even I didn't get a couple of them. :crazy: "SOP" is "standard operational procedure," I think. MSM is mainstream media. I don't know BOTD.

IYKWIM is one of my favorites: "If you know what I mean." My favorite variation is IYKWIM,AITYD: "If you know what I mean, and I think you do." I use it every chance I get.

LOL:http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=botd

BOTD An acronym that stands for "Benefit of the Doubt"
Child- I'm telling you, I didn't do it!

Father- How can you expect me to believe you when there were al least seventeen witnesses!?

Child- Can't you give me the BOTD?

I'm stunned. So many parallels: Waiting 2 days to call LE, filing for divorce and custody right after the wife disappears, not searching for the missing wife, refusing to let LE speak with kids, police saying there were no signs of foul play, husband releasing statement through his lawyers saying he's cooperating with LE despite reports to the contrary.

The difference sadly is that Nique's car was still there and the body was found within a few days. Without Gail's Jeep or Gail herself, I fear this case is going to go nowhere.

My heart just breaks for Gail and Nique and every other missing person out there, especially the missing wives who are never found because it's easier to believe she "just ran off". This really is common, isn't it? The more cases like this I hear about, the less likely I personally feel Gail's disappearance is something new and unique. I'm genuinely afraid it's the more of the same old thing.

Did you listen to the 911 call she made..and hubby took the phone from her? She then told the dispatch she would just stay home all day. How utterly sad and sickening. :maddening:

I have a question for those who know about search dogs. I didn't get a chance to ask this when it was brought up recently on the last thread. After the amount of time that has passed since Gail disappeared and the rain we have had, can they still pick up the scent with the same reliability? I mean, obviously, it would be best done right away, but is it hopeless? TIA

BBMEarly on tracking dogs would be used to track recent scents to follow travel and movement of a missing person or suspect. It would be ineffective to use a tracking dog after time and weather.

However, Cadaver dogs, yes they can still be used. They are trained to hit on remains specifically.

This is based upon personal conversations with cadaver dog handlers and a couple of individuals affiliated with search organizations. There is a cost involved to bring them in, some will coordinate free but need expenses covered. LE or family requests are generally required.

Hope this helps.

Ya'll obviously not from the South. Down here, sop is what you do with your cornbread when ya got pinto beans....

Or sop gravy in the mornin'.:great:

One thing I just got to wondering about....if it has already been discussed, and I missed it, feel free to ignore this, (or point me in the right direction), but....

If Gail left Wetumpka around 6:30...
And it's a roughly 4 hour drive to Signal Mountain....
That would put her in Signal Mountain at 10:30.
Granted she could have hit rush hour traffic.
Granted she and the kids could have stopped for breakfast.

However, if she got two kids up and packed and on the road by 6:30 a.m.....this suggests to me she was in a hurry to get back to SM...so I don't think she would have made long stops or many stops...

Or did she drive the backroads again?

That time period between roughly 10:30 and 12:15 might be important, no? Was she home longer than we thought? Did she run errands or have stops to make on the mountain? We haven't heard of people seeing her out and about on the mountain during that timeframe, but maybe LE has and just isn't releasing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown