TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
14438754_BG1.jpg

Video at the link of search area:

Authorities: 20-Year-Old Woman May Have Been Abducted

DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. - A massive search is underway for a missing Decatur County woman. Investigators believe 20-year-old Holly Bobo was abducted from her home on Wednesday morning.

Investigators said it happened on Swan Johnson Road in Darden. A neighbor called police after reportedly witnessing the abduction around 7:30 a.m.

Authorities said Holly Bobo was on her way to school. She is a student at the UT Martin campus.

The neighbor told police that a man wearing camouflage grabbed the young woman, dragged her across her carport and pulled her into some nearby woods.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14438754/authorities-20-year-old-woman-may-have-been-abducted

http://wycd.radio.com/2011/04/13/country-artist-whitney-duncans-20-year-old-cousin-abducted/

A massive search is underway for the missing cousin of country music artist Whitney Duncan. Nashville News Channel 5 reports that investigators believe 20-year-old Holly Bobo was abducted from her home on Wednesday morning. Whitney posted a plea on her Facebook an hour ago “Can someone please post the amber alert…my phone will not let me. Not getting a lot of service. Thanks for all yours prayers!” Hundreds of friends and fans are helping get the word out in hopes of getting Holly home safely

Read more: Country Artist Whitney Duncan’s 20-Year-Old Cousin Abducted http://wycd.radio.com/2011/04/13/co...ns-20-year-old-cousin-abducted/#ixzz1JSR6C9Fl

I ready to hear more from the brother. Was the pert even in the house? Since she was drag from carport.

SNIPPED.....................................

TBI said Bobo's brother was inside the house and the kidnapping was outside. A spokesman would not give more details on what the brother told them.

A dispatcher for the Decatur County Sheriff's Office said they had gotten several calls from the community wanting to help in the search. Police were using dogs and a helicopter to try to find the nursing student.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2014766853_apustennwomanabducted.html

14438754_BG1.jpg

Video at the link of search area:

Authorities: 20-Year-Old Woman May Have Been Abducted

DECATUR COUNTY, Tenn. - A massive search is underway for a missing Decatur County woman. Investigators believe 20-year-old Holly Bobo was abducted from her home on Wednesday morning.

Investigators said it happened on Swan Johnson Road in Darden. A neighbor called police after reportedly witnessing the abduction around 7:30 a.m.

Authorities said Holly Bobo was on her way to school. She is a student at the UT Martin campus.

The neighbor told police that a man wearing camouflage grabbed the young woman, dragged her across her carport and pulled her into some nearby woods.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14438754/authorities-20-year-old-woman-may-have-been-abducted

Thanks. I was just looking for this article. IF she was already leaving the house on her way to school and abducted from the driveway I wonder why LE believes possible home invasion? As a college student I'm wondering if the abductor was some guy who developed some abnormal fixation with her or perhaps an old boyfriend?

I'm having a hard time with the brother situation thing here. I know they are not releasing alot of details now but why did he not chase the man down ? Certainly one of the neighbors would have heard a commotion like that, if he was chasing someone....

I'd be cussing like a sailor if someone was draggin my sister off, chasing them down, while on the phone with LE.

I'm praying she is alright, but I am fearing the worst....

The Road she lives on is literally surrounded by woods. She could be anywhere.

This is not good.

Dragged her into the woods. Where would the perp have hidden a car? Guy on foot drags female into the woods but no mention of a possible vehicle. How far could he get if he didn't a vehicle? Are there back roads through these woods? Wondering what kind of off road vehicle he may have had?

Being a city girl the lack of a vehicle - or a possible vehicle- has me :waitasec:

Questions:
How long did it take LE to arrive after they were called?

Why hasn't she been found, if they were out there right away?

Did the abductor have a car stashed near the woods for a quick getaway?

Did they live out in the country or did they live in a suburban area?

Have I just gotten too suspicious of everyone after being around so much......
because I had a thought that; what if the brother did something to his sister?
I know. I am off base, but it did occur to me.
JMO

Have they said for sure she did not know him? Or maybe the brother recognized him but they are not releasing that? That is the only reason I can think they won't say what he said.

Have they said for sure she did not know him? Or maybe the brother recognized him but they are not releasing that? That is the only reason I can think they won't say what he said.

I don't think she knew him.

Questions:

Did they leave out in the country or did they live in a suburban area?

JMO

There was a neighbor who witnessed this, so unless it was a sick joke played by the brother with a friend (which I am not thinking along those lines) I can't see the brother doing something to her.

I too wondered how long it took LE to get there. How rural is this area? Again on the same page and I am having the same questions.

I'm thinking home invasion is probably unlikely as there is nothing to indicate the perp was inside the home. I'm thinking someone who was fixated on her who she was or perhaps was not aware of... This guy obviously knew what time she left for school.

jmo

Questions:

Did they leave out in the country or did they live in a suburban area?

JMO

They pretty much lived in the middle of nowhere surrounded by woods.

Go back to page 1 and scroll down until you get to Mystic's first post.

The place she lived at seemed pretty rural.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500