TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what thread or post that map is on?? I was wanting to look at it again.

Does anyone know what thread or post that map is on?? I was wanting to look at it again.

Hollye's map is linked to the 1st post in each of Hollye's thread now...

assuming you were looking for that particular map...

Dang....now that's an excellent thought sarx!
:seeya: btw.

Anyone in those fields would know the ins and outs of that area.

or anyone with a map, gps, or internet access...

celltower pings would be a good place to start. wonder if family members tried calling her cell. if a call connected, maybe it could be traced?

If it turns out the other case is connected to Holly's, it may be harder to catch this guy, unless his DNA is on file. He probably would not be known to Holly, as LE first thought he might me.

It sure seems like they might be related; hard to believe there are two early-morning attackers springing on women within 50 miles of each other. I hope they can rule in or out soon.

okay, I missed something while working tonight... maybe someone could explain for this new thread ...

WHAT OTHER ATTACK???? WHAT OTHER CASE?????

:eek:

TIA!

or anyone with a map, gps, or internet access...

celltower pings would be a good place to start. wonder if family members tried calling her cell. if a call connected, maybe it could be traced?

Yeah, but these are some small gravel back roads, I really think it's someone who knows them.

In regards to the cell pings, if the phone is on it can be traced if in range, doesn't have to be making or receiving calls. So they should have some idea of what route her phone took and when (which also could be very important) by now.

Anyone else having Morgan Harrington flashbacks?

There was also a previous attack in Virginia, where the victim escaped.... 2 hours away from where Morgan went missing... though I don't think we know if that girl resembled Morgan.

Now in Tennessee H***** in January and Holly in April...

Morgan was found in an area in Virginia that "would only be known to locals."

Holly is in an area that would "only be known to locals."

Morgan was a blonde.

H***** and Holly are both blondes.

Morgan's murder and Holly's disappearance are about 10 hours apart.

I wonder if Morgan's attacker moved after her murder?

October of 2009... he could have been living in Tennessee for over a year. May not be real well integrated or easily missed... but definitely could know the area very well within a year or so... Even enrolled in college and established an acquaintanceship with a few girls... or guys... or both...

Very odd...

The January attack in Tennessee:

This is Levi, who as far as I understand is an approved source here...

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-nashville/previous-attack-linked-to-holly-bobo-abduction

It was also discussed on Nancy tonight:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/20/ng.01.html

Maybe the neighbor was walking or jogging when she heard the scream...

Could have been, I suppose....wonder if the 911 call was made from a cell phone or the home phone? Also, If the neighbor was out walking, then it would seem more likely that she might have also seen something. I'm sure the neighbor has been thoroughly interviewed. Too bad we don't have more info.

I'm really leaning toward a car used in this abduction ...It's my opinion that LE really has a hot trail...I think LE has tire impression evidence...IMO also that maybe she wasn't taken through the woods...the brother stated led toward the woods...maybe they walked the woods back to the driveway..or circled back across the yard....back out to the road...In the maps I have seen there looks to be a dirt pull out or open area to the road just on the other side of that pond ..I feel this happened quickly...and she was restrained...gave her abductor a hard time....she may have thrown her bag...also if the car was parked on the other side of that pond it may have been closer to the neighbors house...she may have screamed while being forced into the car...my opinions! ...I hope they nail this freak. Prayers from San Diego tonight...

The only reason that this doesn't stike me as similar to Morgan's case (although it did cross my mind), is that Morgan was attacked in public, indicating an attacker that didn't personally know her. HS and Holly were both attacked at home, indicating a suspect that did know them, at least in passing.
However, that is not to say that Morgan's attacker wasn't scared by the publicity of Morgan's case, and therefore moved back to his comfort zone of females he knew. I just don't think so, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, but these are some small gravel back roads, I really think it's someone who knows them.

In regards to the cell pings, if the phone is on it can be traced if in range, doesn't have to be making or receiving calls. So they should have some idea of what route her phone took and when (which also could be very important) by now.

true. he could be familiar with the area, or he could just stalk enough to get familiar with it. for some reason i think this guy finds his victim(s) at colleges, follows them home (perhaps more than once), then shows up very early in the morning to stake out and snatch his prey.

I wonder if Holly often locked her car, or if being a rural area, she didn't even bother...as in could he have been in her car laying in wait over night? Extreme long shot, I know. Has her car been taken for processing or was it processed at the scene? I hope it was processed, but I can't see the LE in this case dropping the ball badly enough as to not have processed it.

I've got to think the earlier attempt and this case are related. Young pretty girls grabbed in their driveways on rural roads in early morning. That's a very specific typology. If we were talking about Chicago with a zillion people running around I would still say that. But these towns are relatively close together and we're talking overall a much smaller population. Given the rural area, what are the chances of TWO nuts operating exactly the same way at the same time?

I've read that generally, when there is a spate of crimes attributed to one person, they tend to start closer to where the offender lives/works, etc. and move farther out as he gets more comfortable. Not an absolute, but it tends to go that way. Perhaps this person lives somewhere between the two locations or closer to the first location. It could be that he grew up in one of the towns and now lives in the other or vice versa.

If that's the case, this person probably had a change in behavior in January, maybe missing work or acting stressed, etc. after the botched attempt too.

This is what happens when I can't sleep.....just thinking out loud again....
Holly reminds me so much of my college roomate....not just because they look so much alike....guys used to knock on our door all the time just trying to meet my roomate, and not just because she was gorgeous, but she was a nice small-town girl and, like Holly, she was also a talented singer. Also, Holly's choice of nursing school means she is probably a smart girl and also compassionate. She's not just a pretty girl, to a lot of guys, she would probably be the "perfect" girl - the whole package. So what does it say about this guy that he would choose her? Is he himself a pretty high-functioning person and this is the type of girl he thinks he "deserves" but can't keep? My guess is he's probably going to be a reasonably attractive, reasonably intelligent guy from a middle-class upbringing...I'm guessing it's not the type who can't get a date, but the type who can't get a relationship because after a date or two, girls just sense something "off" about him...I just keep thinking about Ted Bundy who was smart and pretty normal looking and some even described as "charming," but inside there was another side to him he kept hidden.....Bundy's victims were mostly pretty girls who had a lot going for them...in contrast to Gary Ridgeway, BTK, etc. Does this make sense?

I agree, but the last sighting of Morgan was her hitchhiking.

If he sees a girl that is exactly his type, that he hasn't stalked and planned... but who is vulnerable and hitchhiking... is he going to turn that down? Victim of opportunity...

What do we know about the attack before Morgan? Was there any planning to that? Maybe he started with victims of opportunity... developed a taste for it and started stalking and planning crimes?

I don't know if they are connected. I just know that the similarities in the women are a little odd.

The only reason that this doesn't stike me as similar to Morgan's case (although it did cross my mind), is that Morgan was attacked in public, indicating an attacker that didn't personally know her. HS and Holly were both attacked at home, indicating a suspect that did know them, at least in passing.
However, that is not to say that Morgan's attacker wasn't scared by the publicity of Morgan's case, and therefore moved back to his comfort zone of females he knew. I just don't think so, but I could be wrong.

The brother to the best of our knowledge did not actually use the word grabbed, that was a misstatement on the part of LE, later corrected by LE.
Sounds of a struggle might not have been heard in the house, and I have had a lot of wounds that have caused me to be literally dripping blood, not all have made me cry out. As for the lunch box, I see nothing odd, she was going to school she'd be there a while, she packed a lunch.
The AA does strike me as odd, but we just don't know why it was issued in this case.

We are not other boards, the brother has not been named as a suspect, and therefore, we cannot discuss him as such, therefore I did not quote your post, as it will likely be removed or edited.

I doubt the perp in this case is the same one who murdered Morgan Harrington, because Harrington's killer was a black guy. Based on photos of Holly Bobo with her boyfriend, a white guy, if her brother thought the perp was her boyfriend, then he's probably white.

I've been trying to use Google to come up with a description of the guy who attempted to abduct Sullivan, but I can't find anything. Did the police or anyone actually care? Did they actually think it would be his final attempt?

It reminds me of how police in North Carolina didn't arrest a guy who climbed up to my sister's third floor balcony and broke into her apartment around midnight one night. I only wonder how many women that guy has raped and/or murdered since getting away with blatantly breaking in like that.

Law enforcement needs to be proactive instead of waiting and then reacting only after someone is dead or missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500