TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well like the one service I am thinking of is a real estate progam. We used it when we were selling a house. You can zoom in on properties in a neighborhood in pretty much real time. And really zoom in. It was basically a live feed on the property you were looking at. But I dont know if it keeps a history?

Like Zillow?

I have to leave for a while, but I have been thinking all along that the perp intended to confuse LE by scattering evidence.
I think, for example, that he probably tazed Holly, leaving her able to walk after a few minutes. And I believe he carried her belongings himself, not her.
I also think LE has found at least several items connected with him that cannot be traced.
I do not think he has a criminal record and I don't think the blood on the scene was human at all.
He can get out of where he has Holly, but I believe he scattered the evidence before the full search even started. Probably in the timeframe it took for the brother to come downstairs, realize something was wrong and call 911.
All JMO and I think this points to the perp's intelligence.
To be blunt, he isn't Billy Bob Hillbilly.....he's educated.

Totally agree...except for the blood. I'm still not sure about that one.

I don't know I read he not been connected to Holly...doesn't mean he rule out.
The reason he was arrested was because of Holly.

snip
It was confirmed with the TBI spokeswoman that just yesterday, the arrest of xxxx *advertiser censored* in Madison County came about based on leads that the Bureau had played out while investigating Holly Bobo's disappearance.

snip
According to Helm there has been no connection made to Nickell in the Holly Lynn Bobo disappearance.

but it doesn't say rule out...IMO

http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsouth-regional-news/thp-qnew-tacticsq-in-holly-bobo-search.html

It's sad that it took this incident to get that creep off the street. He came as close to committing a crime as you could.

Not stupid at all. Yes, LE should already have the esn number and it's a quick match
I don't see that on the back of the iphone 4 I was looking at today.
This has probably already been stated...IMO, the phoned in tip was someone who recalled seeing someone throw something from a vehicle. Whatever that item is that can be connected to Holly, the best part is maybe, hopefully, this witness has a vehicle description.

Is that your opinion or a probable fact as I haven't read that anywhere?

I have to leave for a while, but I have been thinking all along that the perp intended to confuse LE by scattering evidence.
I think, for example, that he probably tazed Holly, leaving her able to walk after a few minutes. And I believe he carried her belongings himself, not her.
I also think LE has found at least several items connected with him that cannot be traced.
I do not think he has a criminal record and I don't think the blood on the scene was human at all.
He can get out of where he has Holly, but I believe he scattered the evidence before the full search even started. Probably in the timeframe it took for the brother to come downstairs, realize something was wrong and call 911.
All JMO and I think this points to the perp's intelligence.
To be blunt, he isn't Billy Bob Hillbilly.....he's educated.

My original thought as well - thank you.

The esn # in most phones is inside the phone under the battery I believe.

I don't think that article has any validity. I would believe a searcher saying they found it at 100 Eaton St. over a blog that says it was a mile further down the road.

Green, where does Dana Bobo run his business? I have a strange feeling that this guy is or was employed by him at one point. Quite a few small businesses come up via Google but Bobo's Timber Service comes up with nothing. Do we know how many people he employs approximately?

I was unaware that he had his own business. This is the first I have heard of that.

My original thought as well - thank you.

That would make sense if it weren't for where this item was found on Eaton Street. There is no way he would not have been seen. And it would have looked really odd so workers would have noticed someone pulling in and not going to the business.

<snipped by me>

Mark Gwyn, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, said the item in question was being analyzed at a crime lab. He declined to say what exactly was found.

"Not only has it given the family hope, it's given the investigators hope. Anytime you find what you believe to be evidence from someone that's missing, it revives the search and the investigation," he said. "Hopefully this item will give us a huge piece of that puzzle."

</snip>

The way I read that is that the item found, whatever it might be, is something that gives LE and HB's family hope that she is still alive. But I can't even begin to imagine what that might be. :waitasec:

Unfortunately- time has shown sometimes the simplest answer is the right one. I think we may be overcomplicating a lot of this, unfortunately. If someone was going to scatter evidence to throw off the cops- why put evidence anywhere at all? Why not bury it somewhere? Or burn it? The fact that it's laying randomly around seems very odd.

The esn # in most phones is inside the phone under the battery I believe.
Which on the apple series is inside a cover that requires a special screwdriver socket to open.

I was unaware that he had his own business. This is the first I have heard of that.

It's been reported a bunch of times but I found no record of that business on the State's website. That just means it's not a corporation organized in TN but it may be elsewhere or organized in a form other than a corporation.

If the phone was apple or droid based there's a good chance there's tracking data on it regardless of the SIM card. Most of this has just become public in the last few days so it's not something that they would have forensically trained for....nobody really new these phones were storing secret files until this last week.

<snipped by me>

Mark Gwyn, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, said the item in question was being analyzed at a crime lab. He declined to say what exactly was found.

"Not only has it given the family hope, it's given the investigators hope. Anytime you find what you believe to be evidence from someone that's missing, it revives the search and the investigation," he said. "Hopefully this item will give us a huge piece of that puzzle."

</snip>

The way I read that is that the item found, whatever it might be, is something that gives LE and HB's family hope that she is still alive. But I can't even begin to imagine what that might be. :waitasec:

I guess I am not much of an optimist; from what I interpret, he is saying they found something, which is always a good thing and gets people motivated all over again, but I don't see anything that says whatever was found indicates she is alive.

<snipped by me>

</snip>

The only thing that would give us hope is a message from Holly...

snip
I've never seen the outpouring of volunteers as we've had in this particular incident," Gwyn said. "We would not be at this point without them."
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/25/tennessee.missing.woman/

I wonder what point they are at?

I still feel like this is someone who wanted her but couldn't have her.
And there are so many great ways to get rid of evidence if you don't want it found.....
There's still that nagging possibility it's her dropping the stuff, but man that would make him dumb.

It's sad that it took this incident to get that creep off the street. He came as close to committing a crime as you could.

I don't see that on the back of the iphone 4 I was looking at today.

Is that your opinion or a probable fact as I haven't read that anywhere?

It's my opinion, which is why my post contained IMO (In my opinion)

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

<snipped by me>

</snip>

Mountain Kat, that statement was in response to the CNN reporter asking why Holly's mom felt hope after the item was found, and was it because the newly found item lead him to think Holly could be alive.
The video link to the the CNN segment was linked her by Nursebeme.

<snipped by me>

Well, let's try a process of elimination. It's probably not clothing, as that--I think--would not be a good sign that she is still alive. The same for shoes. It's probably nothing organic, like hair. If it's her purse, and has everything in it, that would be very odd. The only item she might have been carrying that would actually contain information would be....wait for it....the phone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500