TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if I've learned one thing it is that camo isn't worn across the nation as it is here in the south, lol. My husband doesn't even hunt anymore and we have all kinds of camo pants, shirts, hats, gloves, netting, ...I don't think he has any camo duct tape now that I think about it. I'm sitting here with a pink John Deere camo blanket across my lap, lol. In the south, Camo is as common as blue jeans. And you know you're a Bubba if you bring your newborn baby boy home in camo---seriously, some people do!

baby girls, too!

I think this pic ^ is "the find". In a couple others the officer comes and collects it, bags it, and gets the name of the finder.

Hi Amanda!
Thank you so much for your photo records of our cases.
Did you link the "find" pix in this post?

It looks like interest is really dropping off as of today.

I know in the last thread a few people mentioned that articles/opinions such as Pat Brown's (from NG) not only do not help this case, but can actually hurt it.

I agree and I think the "announcement" we talked about this morning in the Parking Lot was a total disservice to Holly and her family as well. People in the media should be more responsible.

It seems almost inhumane to me for a radio host to post rumors that could get a family and community's hopes up.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now. LOL

People are allowed to have an opinion about the case even if it's not what some want to hear. Unless she's said things I don't know about, what I've read is nothing more than asking basic questions.

I seriously doubt Pat Brown has hurt this case or is causing interest to wane, and I'm not even a fan of hers or of NG.
jmo

Just added!

TY for the TY, and I have to pass it around, I have helpers now.

gosh I've been staring at those photos.

Whatever it is, it must be very small.

I feel like it's in a tissue, then dropped in the envelope.

Looks like the volunteer in the headband/hat/w/ blue shirt found it.

They could easily drag the ponds..but the river flows into the ocean and down stream. I would think someone who has disappeared without a trace and planned this whole thing out and wears camo..would think of the river would be where to look...... where water will destroy evidence along with the astro reading saying she is in/near water. I hate to say that and hope very much I am wrong... The trail leads straight up to the river..where the warm car was found too...river and maybe she was leaving things on the way or he was dumping them on the way.... he wouldn't want the phone with her.... Seems he got her over to 69 and then headed north....Also normally if duct tape is removed..it because there is no need any longer...sad thought....I can't believe he got that far with no one seeing anything suspiciose and seeming all in the middle of the day since he got her at 7-8 in the morning... I hope they find her soon...

I wanted to add that the "Holly found alive and is being kept by LE" rumors might actually cause disinterest to some degree. Rumors are rampant. :(

I wanted to add that the "Holly found alive and is being kept by LE" rumors might actually cause disinterest to some degree. Rumors are rampant. :(

That's what I was getting at in my post above.

I realize that hunting and camoflage clothing is a big part of life in TN (as I have read here), but, it amazes me at the number of males who continue to wear the same clothing as the perpetrator of Holly's abduction, while searching for her!

No disrespect meant, it's great that they are out searching, but, maybe if there is a male who would normally "always" wear camo, who was out searching for Holly without his usual camo on, then maybe it would provide a clue, kwim?

Look at the guys (and gals) wearing camo in this pic! It actually tells us alot about the deep rooted hunting nature of the community, really.

bilde

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs...gori=PHOTOGALLERIES01&Lopenr=104240801&Ref=PH

I can help you with this. Hunting gear is usually camo in color. Very rarely does it come in other colors/patterns. Hunting gear is also thick, repels briars and bushes, and is meant to be worn outside in rough conditions. My DH has really 4 types of clothing. 1. Dress clothes. Khakis, nice shirts, polos... church stuff. 2. Casual wear. Big Star jeans, nice tshirts, sports paraphenalia. 3. Work Clothes. 4. Hunting stuff. If he was to head out on a search, he would most likely pick his hunting stuff, too. Dress clothes and your casual wear would be way too thin/light to be out in the woods in, and you'd be really likely to tear holes in it, etc. Depending on the type of work people do, their work clothes might not be suitable for the outdoors, either. People in the south have an ambundance of hunting clothes. Heck, even my four year old little GIRL has a matching camo coverall just like her brothers. She needs it when it is cold. We don't have snow suits and stuff like that. We wrap our kids (and ourselves) up in hunting gear when it is frosty out.

The picture I see is very normal for the location. I really can't guess what other type of clothing they would wear?

(Except the shorts... that is dumb if you are in the woods!)

Guys, lets not talk about any more rumors here please. No rumors. Saying there are rumors is talking about rumors. :) Thanks.

Let me add that everyone is not dressed that way.

Sometime in the past couple of days I posted about "what if the abductor wore camo the day he took Holly, but that is not his normal attire"...

Hi, I haven't read on Holly's case yet but know it is always good to read as many links as possible, even if they seem obscure.

I found this video while reading articles on healthy food and found it interesting. Sorry if it's already been posted:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/holly-bobo-search-brother-suspect-13407055

God Bless Holly wherever she is tonight and I hope above all she is found alive. xox

ETA: WHOOPS, grabbed the wrong link. Be right back

Sometime in the past couple of days I posted about "what if the abductor wore camo the day he took Holly, but that is not his normal attire"...

Then the suspect pool would have been so small they would already be in jail! JK anything is possible

I am local and I would like to say that I am very proud of our community. The people have come together and gone on searches, brought food, given money for the searchers, given money for the family, it has been unbelievable. It is something you have to see to believe, television reporters can not do it justice. I have faith in our law enforcement, even though we all want to know more. I believe they have much more than they are telling us and I think they are close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox