TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leader: we need more manpower, more people to walk. Can you RT? #hollybobo
http://twitter.com/willnunley

praying that the other 700 that came yesterday are able to come again today as it looks like they are really needing more peeps right now

What other items could these be? She was leaving for school so she probably had her bag of books, a purse, car keys, cell phone etc. Or did she put these in the car before she was taken? Perhaps unlikely since they did find the lunch box.

If not these items, then what other items? Clothing items?

I'm thinking all of the above

What other items could these be? She was leaving for school so she probably had her bag of books, a purse, car keys, cell phone etc. Or did she put these in the car before she was taken? Perhaps unlikely since they did find the lunch box.

If not these items, then what other items? Clothing items?

I believe a car was found containing her cell phone.
This was reported on the news then detracted, so I am only going by what I believe.
It is probably already known that the duct tape with the blonde hair on it is Holly's.
The duct tape may have been found with the "no car found" car.
Her "lunch box" is, from what I understand, a white tote bag that she carried snacks and other things in, basically an additional purse that students carry.

Sleuthers...does someone have a link in TN to find out if there really is a RO?
Or is that against the rules as no POI has been named? A gray area for me as that would just be factual info about Holly.

One good thing is it is only 49 degrees outside so the snakes won't be out like they have been lately.
Why am I thinking this man is a geocacher like Duncan was in the Groene case in Idaho??

I believe a car was found containing her cell phone.
This was reported on the news then detracted, so I am only going by what I believe.
It is probably already known that the duct tape with the blonde hair on it is Holly's.
The duct tape may have been found with the "no car found" car.
Her "lunch box" is, from what I understand, a white tote bag that she carried snacks and other things in, basically an additional purse that students carry.

Where was the duct tape found as I cannot find the source that stated this? Was it in that "no car found" car? Or in the woods?

What is strange is that they find the car yesterday and now say there was no car?

Are they putting false information out so that the perp isn't alerted?

EDIT: It seems a lot of information in this case has been retracted and/or revised.

Where was the duct tape found as I cannot find the source that stated this? Was it in that "no car found" car? Or in the woods?

What is strange is that they find the car yesterday and now say there was no car?

in the abc video I posted from this morning the reporter asked the detective if duct tape had been found and the investigator dodged the question saying that they may release what else was found yesterday today...

EDIT: It seems a lot of information in this case has been retracted and/or revised.

It's in the video at this link

http://abcnews.go.com/US/holly-bobo...ues-emerge-search-continues/story?id=13389409

Sleuthers...does someone have a link in TN to find out if there really is a RO?
Or is that against the rules as no POI has been named? A gray area for me as that would just be factual info about Holly.

As far as I know the Ex Boyfriend and the RO are just Rumors.

I believe the TBI reported the news about the duct tape this morning. The link is a little further back in this thread.
They still refuse to say if there was a car found, but did say there was blood found by "the door".
Don't know if this was by the door going into the house or by the garage door...unknown.
I personally believe a stolen car that was used in this abduction was found yesterday and the owner is totally unconnected to this case.
However, this is only my belief and has not been affirmed by official LE.
EDIT: Thanks guys for the video. The question regarding the duct tape was dodged.

Just a few thoughts.

1. About that lunch box. If *he* threw it from the car, there may be prints. Also, you might be able to tell the direction of travel - if he threw it from the driver's side, he was traveling on the opposite side of the street; if she threw it from the passenger side, they were traveling on the same side of the street. It will be about fingerprints; if there are some which cannot be determined to be Holly or someone who would've touched the box (e.g. Mom, Dad), then it's a good chance it's the bad guy's prints. Which also gives them something to run with, if there are enough comparison points and a record of the prints.

2. You would be amazed at how much blood a human can lose and still be all right - something along the lines of 2-2.5 liters. Huge amount, when spread around...so blood by the door does not mean she was incapacitated. As has been said upthread, she could've taken a pop to the noggin, and it bled a lot...but she'd still be fine, too. And if her scent was strong - which it would be, seeing it's her home - the dogs may not have found the entry point into the woods because they could not differentiate that from her living there. Dogs are good, but they are "human", and scent cones are not necessarily as easy to define as we'd like.

3. My big question would be: who else is missing from the area? Someone's brother, father, son may not have come back to their normal lives...I'd ask the TBI if they've gotten any missing male reports, or if they've started canvassing surrounding areas for sudden disappearances from work, school, or other "regular" attendence. While this may not be anything, if - **if** - this is an ongoing abduction, then there is someone else...and they won't likely be going about their normal daily lives. If one can pinpoint that, one may have a good lead. Of course, if this is an abduction and murder, then the bad guy would only have been missing a short while, and the above doesn't apply. But if not - and there are indications that this is not a typical "snatch and kill" type of incident, then I'd be asking for help from my community and the surrounding ones about suspicious disappearances, and even those who may have said "I'm on spring break/taking a vacation" for the week or so. It's a lead to follow, at least, until something else proves more reliable.

4. I don't believe the brother was involved. I can easily imagine a time where, had me and my brother lived in the same place, he'd see/hear something that would not trigger his suspicions, but would have been an issue for me...brothers and sisters of that age tend to "live and let live" regarding siblings and their activities. He may have thought she was cutting school, running off into the woods with someone for an encounter, a picnic, or anything "away" from school and life. Believe me, while in RN school, I often contemplated how I could 'cut' school...and avoid the world for the day. She may have said something, and the pressures in nursing school are enormous, so he easily may have thought "well, she's cutting out today. Meh, no issues...let her relax" until he found the blood...

Just some thoughts this morning. Praying for Holly, and for all the LE, searchers, and family members.

And of course, all this is MOO...

Best-
Herding Cats

Searchers were told to look for holly's school books, purse and other feminine items

So those must all be missing

I believe the TBI reported the news about the duct tape this morning. The link is a little further back in this thread.
They still refuse to say if their was a car found, but did say there was blood found by "the door".
Don't know if this was by the door going into the house or by the garage door...unknown.
I personally believe a stolen car that was used in this abduction was found yesterday and the owner is totally unconnected to this case.
However, this is only my belief and has not been affirmed by official LE.

Sadly, if this car was in fact the perps, it was still warm and they seem to have just missed him and possibly Holly.

In the first day or so of this crime in probably the first few pages of posts i posted a link to a direct quote from the sheriff who said everyone in town has been interviewed or accounted for.. something like that.. i thought wow with 2,500 people.. that is amazing.. but he DID say it...

Just a few thoughts.

3. My big question would be: who else is missing from the area? Someone's brother, father, son may not have come back to their normal lives...I'd ask the TBI if they've gotten any missing male reports, or if they've started canvassing surrounding areas for sudden disappearances from work, school, or other "regular" attendence. While this may not be anything, if - **if** - this is an ongoing abduction, then there is someone else...and they won't likely be going about their normal daily lives. If one can pinpoint that, one may have a good lead. Of course, if this is an abduction and murder, then the bad guy would only have been missing a short while, and the above doesn't apply. But if not - and there are indications that this is not a typical "snatch and kill" type of incident, then I'd be asking for help from my community and the surrounding ones about suspicious disappearances, and even those who may have said "I'm on spring break/taking a vacation" for the week or so. It's a lead to follow, at least, until something else proves more reliable.

This is my biggest question, as well. It's a rural area, a small town. Someone has to notice that their friend/relative/roommate hasn't been around since she went missing.

In the first day or so of this crime in probably the first few pages of posts i posted a link to a direct quote from the sheriff who said everyone in town has been interviewed or accounted for.. something like that.. i thought wow with 2,500 people.. that is amazing.. but he DID say it...

I remember that too.

I heard him say that also and my jaw dropped.

A few thoughts here.....first TY to all who are posting media links to what little information we are getting!

I am certainly not pointing any fingers, but I'm going to state the obvious. Dragging, and walking or being led into the woods are 2 entirely different things. Of course it IS possible that it was initially not worded correctly whether by brother, LE, reporters, or even a combination of these Still, I'd love to have some clarification on that.

Even if only back of the person in the camo was seen, and from far away...wouldn't brother still have a fairly good idea of who it was if this person was the Ex? When you are familiar with someone you know how they move, act, their hair, etc. Just seems odd that no one has been identified as even being a possible POI. Has anyone had contact with the Ex who she has a RO against, or not? We aren't getting that information for whatever reason. But, it has to be there. If there was a car found...WHO's is it???

Know how some cases just touch your heart, and you are compelled to keep up with developments?

This is one for me. I don't always do it, but I prayed for this girl and her family last night and this am. On the list of things planned for today when I woke checking for Holly Bobo info was right there at the top. I wish I could hug and give some type of consolation to her family. What a living hell they must be experiencing.

It makes you wish that we could see into the hearts of others, ya know? One of the things that keep me going here on WS, and even before joining is that even if the outcome is not good that the perpetrator is caught, and justice is served heartily. I know it's unrealistic, but I feel with newer crime investigation techniques that hopefully ALL perps are caught! When that is truly the case maybe, just maybe those who are inclined will no longer commit horrible acts as they KNOW they'll be caught. Wishful thinking I understand, but it IS my hope. In this case I sincerely hope that whoever took her was obsessed enough that they just want to keep her, and not harm. OK, I'll step off my box now. ♥

well there is another report out there that the brother didnt see anything at all just saw the blood ... It is getting very confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant