TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
HerdingCats, great thoughts!
My wildcard is if this man has been living off the grid for a very long time.
For instance, I know a man who retired from a very good job and lives in what is basically a lean-to on the Tennessee River in this general search area. He is about 75 now and completely self-sufficient.Doesn't even have a cellphone.
If he needs to use a phone, he borrows one of my family's cellphones.
He feeds himself by fishing and hunting.
He is completely harmless and very intelligent.
See there are so many people living in such a way in areas like those surrounding Holly's home.
The river and the wildlife make it a choice of many who left the cities for a different kind of life.
A lot of these people are very educated.
Maybe this is what we are dealing with and this man decided to take a partner.
He wouldn't be missed in any community and, as the man I know, he probably has many places where he lives depending on his food gathering and the weather, and in this case, seclusion.

The motor on the "no car" was said to be warm.
If it did belong to the perp, it would have been registered to him and they would have an id.
Arrrgggh:(
That's why LE obfuscates and doesn't let the public know what they know!
The perp is probably aware of what LE does or does not know.

The motor on the "no car" was said to be warm.
If it did belong to the perp, it would have been registered to him and they would have an id.
Arrrgggh:(
That's why LE obfuscates and doesn't let the public know what they know!
The perp is probably aware of what LE does or does not know.

I did read that it said the vehicle was not on file. Anyhow, true or not we don't know.

As for the perp, it almost seems that he is one step of LE if this was the car he was using. Does he have a scanner? Or just luck?

According to the facebook posts i read about the car that doesn't exist they said the vehicle wasn't registered according to people who heard the scanner ON FACEBOOK.. not bringing scanner chatter up here i swear! :)

Ok, if it's an off-the-grid person, how would he have met Holly? I still feel strongly that this is someone she knows. Not a close friend, but someone she has come into contact with at some point. I don't think it's a complete stranger.

Just a few thoughts.

1. About that lunch box. If *he* threw it from the car, there may be prints. Also, you might be able to tell the direction of travel - if he threw it from the driver's side, he was traveling on the opposite side of the street; if she threw it from the passenger side, they were traveling on the same side of the street. It will be about fingerprints; if there are some which cannot be determined to be Holly or someone who would've touched the box (e.g. Mom, Dad), then it's a good chance it's the bad guy's prints. Which also gives them something to run with, if there are enough comparison points and a record of the prints.

2. You would be amazed at how much blood a human can lose and still be all right - something along the lines of 2-2.5 liters. Huge amount, when spread around...so blood by the door does not mean she was incapacitated. As has been said upthread, she could've taken a pop to the noggin, and it bled a lot...but she'd still be fine, too. And if her scent was strong - which it would be, seeing it's her home - the dogs may not have found the entry point into the woods because they could not differentiate that from her living there. Dogs are good, but they are "human", and scent cones are not necessarily as easy to define as we'd like.

3. My big question would be: who else is missing from the area? Someone's brother, father, son may not have come back to their normal lives...I'd ask the TBI if they've gotten any missing male reports, or if they've started canvassing surrounding areas for sudden disappearances from work, school, or other "regular" attendence. While this may not be anything, if - **if** - this is an ongoing abduction, then there is someone else...and they won't likely be going about their normal daily lives. If one can pinpoint that, one may have a good lead. Of course, if this is an abduction and murder, then the bad guy would only have been missing a short while, and the above doesn't apply. But if not - and there are indications that this is not a typical "snatch and kill" type of incident, then I'd be asking for help from my community and the surrounding ones about suspicious disappearances, and even those who may have said "I'm on spring break/taking a vacation" for the week or so. It's a lead to follow, at least, until something else proves more reliable.

4. I don't believe the brother was involved. I can easily imagine a time where, had me and my brother lived in the same place, he'd see/hear something that would not trigger his suspicions, but would have been an issue for me...brothers and sisters of that age tend to "live and let live" regarding siblings and their activities. He may have thought she was cutting school, running off into the woods with someone for an encounter, a picnic, or anything "away" from school and life. Believe me, while in RN school, I often contemplated how I could 'cut' school...and avoid the world for the day. She may have said something, and the pressures in nursing school are enormous, so he easily may have thought "well, she's cutting out today. Meh, no issues...let her relax" until he found the blood...

Just some thoughts this morning. Praying for Holly, and for all the LE, searchers, and family members.

And of course, all this is MOO...

Best-
Herding Cats

:goodpost: ITA with all. Given the 5 year age difference brother could have initially thought...none of my business. Who would think something like this could happen? But especially someone in their 20's would likely not give it much thought at all. Until the 911/scream call from neighbor and finding blood, and her car there long after she was supposed to be at school.

Can Nurse, SNOWINMEMPHIS or anyone with more experience tell me if it is allowed to search for a possible RO against someone taken out by Holly? Do NOT wish to break any rules. :)

Here ya go now the guy was not wearing camo sheeesh!

msnbc.com Video Player

Can't they get at least ONE thing right about this whole damn case!!! It's very frustrating and with all the False reports/ rumors circulating it is very likely hampering the search for Holly.

I feel like we are being led in circles over and over.

Ok, if it's an off-the-grid person, how would he have met Holly? I still feel strongly that this is someone she knows. Not a close friend, but someone she has come into contact with at some point. I don't think it's a complete stranger.

Maybe someone she met at the school? How far is the school from her home anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther