TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why the phone would be such a huge find either. Most likely the battery had been dead for days, as they found it on Day 11 or 12 of the search. Would it show pings as it passed towers in the early days of the abduction?

I have zero experience in searching for sex offenders. I've been trying all night to search for the subject we've been talking about. I know that he WAS in the TBI database, but he's not there any longer. Is it because he is currently being held on $300,000 bail? Do they remove the SO from the database if they're locked up?

I was able to still locate him at this link -

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/TNSO005150/Jason-Everett-Nickell.html

His offenses are listed as:
Offense/Statute: INDECENCY W/CHILD BY EXPOSUREDate: 01 August 1995
Offense/Statute: INDECENCYWITH A CHILD 3RD DEGREEDate: 21 August 1995

IIRC, he has been listed here as violent. Do these charges indicate violence? Perhaps there are more charges that I am just not able to see?

Is there somewhere to go to read about the specifics of these offenses?

THANK YOU!

IMPORTANT - safety tip I just came up with today and thought I'd share:

If you are a Droid user I strongly suggest downloading the app Plan B. It is a free app. I lost my phone yesterday and I couldn't find it anywhere....I was going to have to start retracing all the places I had been and tearing my whole house apart when I decided to see if there was any kind of locate app I could use. Sure enough I was able to go to the Droid marketplace and download plan b to my phone without actually having my phone. Once the app downloaded it sent a message to my e-mail with the GPS location of my phone...if will send you several messages over the next ten minutes if your phone moves. (My phone had somehow fallen under my daughter's carseat when I was getting her in/out of the car....would never have looked there!) So once it showed my house I at least knew I hadn't left it at a restaurant or store, etc. If you want to track it beyond the ten minutes you just borrow someone else's phone and text "locate" to your phone and it does it all over again.

Although it's meant to find your phone, think about how useful this would have been if Holly had had a Droid and LE had been able to do this and access her e-mail in that first hour! So I think I'm telling all my girl friends to download this app and give your e-mail password to one trusted person, husband, mom, sister, etc. This could really save lives!

After posting to my FB page, I was informed that Blackberry has an app called PROTECT.

On the Forensic Astrology thread, there is a post that says it was Holly's phone that was found on 4/24, minus the SIM card, which is what they called in searchers to look for. It is stated that this was heard on an open mike. Do we know that for a fact here? (I know we can't talk about the astrology part of the thread, but this is case fact that is posted, or at least posted as a fact.)

I've been unable to find anything to substantiate that.

I've got to do something so I can start sleeping at night....sorry for all the posts, my head is in overload.

I was just thinking that during a normal week, there are three things I can count on...

School bus goes by at 7:05 and 3:15
and the mail person.

If he were laying in wait for her, it had to be around school bus time. I wonder if LE has talked to the school bus drivers.

A couple of other things -

I can't understand why he would have hurt her during the initial encounter and risk having to carry her through the woods if she had become incapacitated??? "Blood spatter" or "blood specks" IMHO does not indicate a cursory wound. AND, if she was only SLIGHTLY bleeding, I think it would have been very difficult to see the blood on the dirt or gravel (or any surface really) UNLESS you were really looking for it. I, myself can't imagine going outside to see if somebody is still at home and noticing small spatters of blood anywhere.

Next thing...The duct tape. If he indeed had a vehicle waiting and she had become incapacitated, perhaps he buckled her into the front seat of the car - you can't very well drive through town with a passenger that has duct tape across her mouth. If she were buckled in, she would likely appear to be sleeping to any cars passing by.

I think that's it for now....at least I HOPE that's it for now.

Oh, and that article from the Examiner said this J Nickell's claimed he lived 3 houses down from Holly's house. I wonder if there's an empty home there? Aren't there several houses empty around Holly's? Could he also be breaking in homes and robbing people? Maybe that's his employment. LOL

I wish I hadn't read that dumb article now. I'll be better by the morning I'm sure.

The comment was made in the recent news article that Nickel's home was about 22 miles from the Bobo's home by the road...but could be reached within 15 minutes through the woods, by a person familiar with the area. That gave me pause.

Surely LE has walked through the woods in Nickel's direction.

He said he lives 3 doors down, and a local said you can get there in 15 minutes by the woods. I wonder if, going through the woods, he is "3 doors away" from the victim. And of course, the only way he would know this is if he traveled to her house through the woods. Maybe this comment was a slip up? One of the 3 houses could easily be the neighbor who heard the scream and called 911. Just some early morning thoughts I had.

I can't understand why he would have hurt her during the initial encounter and risk having to carry her through the woods if she had become incapacitated??? "Blood spatter" or "blood specks" IMHO does not indicate a cursory wound. AND, if she was only SLIGHTLY bleeding, I think it would have been very difficult to see the blood on the dirt or gravel (or any surface really) UNLESS you were really looking for it. I, myself can't imagine going outside to see if somebody is still at home and noticing small spatters of blood anywhere.

I think that's it for now....at least I HOPE that's it for now.

....respectfully snipped by me.

I've been thinking the same thing HB. I imagine it would be really hard to see blood "specks" anywhere except against a starkly contrasting background, which doesn't fit the description of most ground surface unless it was snow, or very white sand.

And then, as far as releasing the ID of the blood found - it seems to me that the PERP would know if either he or Holly had been bleeding, or if the blood was part of his plan. AND he knows that LE knows the source by now. So not releasing that info doesn't keep him in the dark about the investigation. I don't see how keeping that clue secret helps find Holly, y'know?

The "Game-Changer"

If the significant find was indeed Holly's cell phone without the SIM card, it could very well be the game-changer they were discussing. It would show that the "evidence" was not being dropped haphazardly, but instead being purposely left in places to throw off the searchers and impede the investigation.

If this is true, the question would be, "WHO called in the tip?"

This would also explain why they called off the volunteer searches. They no longer have a target area.

I don't feel this is necessarily an attempted home invasion. He apparently was in the woods and he could have ducked back in if he saw Holly come out. Usually homes are staked out b4 they actually invade the home. So he would know the times of the occupants coming and goings. Not to say that the occupants follow this set schedule daily.

I have a question that I have been mulling over. How many people believe this guy is till in the area? Of course, if you go with the premise he lives in the area he may still be there and have either killed Holly or have her hidden (which I doubt the latter). This could be one reason why they want people to search their properties (not the only reason). He had a jump on them before they actually started searching.

If he had taken a few days off from work, scheduled the time in advance, then he would be someone that people would have hopefully reported....

If he killed her, maybe not intending to do so, he could have hidden her body not in the search area. If he had a car then he could have easily drove an hour or two and disposed (hidden) it in the woods and came back. He could have easily said he was turkey hunting, as he had camo on. If he had an accomplice that also had camo on, the accomplice could have verified his alibi.

Just a few thoughts.......

Somehow I do not think this was a planned burglary gone bad. Usually burglars are not equipped to abduct people and have a vehicle close(er) to put the stuff they stole in. Since LE and the family has said they believe who ever did this had cased the house out, I tend to believe that. But who knows. So little information has been released there could be evidence of a potential burglary, etc that was with held...

BUT that does not mean the suspect has done other crimes.

Going back to the Anne Pressly assault and murder... it was treated as a targeted attack. She was assaulted in her home with no signs of forced entry. Everyone "knew" it had to be someone that picked her specifically. It turns out that unrelated to that murder LE was looking into a suspect, Curtis Vance, who was a petty theft involved in pawning stolen goods and burglaries. LE brought Vance in for questioning and he gave a voluntary DNA swab. Turns out he was their guy in Anne's murder and also an unsolved rape 5 months earlier (it took 5 months to do the rape kit DNA testing).

So in that one, it was really pretty much a random crime. Vance took her lap top and purse but re entered her house for the assault. After the fact, neighbors had reported seeing someone resembling Vance stalking around in the neighborhood looking into yards etc.

The "Game-Changer"

If the significant find was indeed Holly's cell phone without the SIM card, it could very well be the game-changer they were discussing. It would show that the "evidence" was not being dropped haphazardly, but instead being purposely left in places to throw off the searchers and impede the investigation.

If this is true, the question would be, "WHO called in the tip?"

Myself I dont buy this planting evidence to throw someone off idea. NO evidence is better than giving them potential evidence. Im not sure how many real life crimes have the suspect going around like the easter bunny leaving clues and red herrings. I suspct its more of a TV plot ploy. Not saying it doesnt happen but already everything found here has been purported to be a plant... fake blood to throw people off... lunch bag dropped in the wrong direction to throw people off...

Myself I dont buy this planting evidence to throw someone off idea. NO evidence is better than giving them potential evidence. Im not sure how many real life crimes have the suspect going around like the easter bunny leaving clues and red herrings. I suspct its more of a TV plot ploy. Not saying it doesnt happen but already everything found here has been purported to be a plant... fake blood to throw people off... lunch bag dropped in the wrong direction to throw people off...

BBM

I don't believe the blood is fake. BUT, I probably do watch way too much TV. :crazy:

The Tennessee Highway Patrol will conduct a traffic enforcement roadblock today at U.S. 641 in Benton County.

Troopers will concentrate their efforts on vehicles driven by motorists who would violate the law by operating unlicensed or by operating unsafe vehicles within the laws of Tennessee.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110506/NEWS01/105060324

Likely unconnected, but I thought I'd post.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_flooding
no wonder there are no public/volunteer searches.. article above ^^ talks about evacuations in memphis..

it also reminds me of how weather halted the search for Caylee Anthony (although in her case it was a hurricane)

HappyBonnie, do you know where the rock quarry is located? Just want to check the distance bet. things found. TIA

The Tennessee Highway Patrol will conduct a traffic enforcement roadblock today at U.S. 641 in Benton County.

Troopers will concentrate their efforts on vehicles driven by motorists who would violate the law by operating unlicensed or by operating unsafe vehicles within the laws of Tennessee.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110506/NEWS01/105060324

Likely unconnected, but I thought I'd post.

I don't even get why they would put this out there for the public? Do they have to according to law?

To me it seems like they are saying, "Hey if you are operating an unlicensed or unsafe vehicle we'll be looking for you at US 641 in Benton."

Gee...let's see....how many people that are unlicensed are going to take that route today, unless they are totally dense.

Sorry to be so cynical, but I do not get it.

I don't even get why they would put this out there for the public? Do they have to according to law?

To me it seems like they are saying, "Hey if you are operating an unlicensed or unsafe vehicle we'll be looking for you at US 641 in Benton."

Gee...let's see....how many people that are unlicensed are going to take that route today, unless they are totally dense.

Sorry to be so cynical, but I do not get it.

They announce that here when they do DUI road blocks. But half of it isnt to see who they catch when they stop at the check point but to see who turns around and tries to drive away/get around the check point without stopping.

I have zero experience in searching for sex offenders. I've been trying all night to search for the subject we've been talking about. I know that he WAS in the TBI database, but he's not there any longer. Is it because he is currently being held on $300,000 bail? Do they remove the SO from the database if they're locked up?

I was able to still locate him at this link -

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/TNSO005150/Jason-Everett-Nickell.html

His offenses are listed as:
Offense/Statute: INDECENCY W/CHILD BY EXPOSUREDate: 01 August 1995
Offense/Statute: INDECENCYWITH A CHILD 3RD DEGREEDate: 21 August 1995

IIRC, he has been listed here as violent. Do these charges indicate violence? Perhaps there are more charges that I am just not able to see?

Is there somewhere to go to read about the specifics of these offenses?

THANK YOU!

Have we heard if this Nickell guy worked? It would be interesting to know I think.

"three doors down" equates to 21-25 miles by road, or 15 minutes cutting through the woods? Also, why would this guy even DISCUSS Holly's disappearance with the auto shop personnel?

a snippet from this linkhttp://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-3-week-wrap-up-we-re-not-giving-up-on-holly

The source reports that Nickell acted "strange, cocky, and hyper." During a conversation about Holly's abduction Nickell allegedly told the shop owner that he lived "three doors down" from the Bobo residence, which, according to news reports and the Tennessee Sexual Offender Registry, is false. The Bobos live on Swan Johnson Road in Darden and Nickell, at that time, lived at 1815 Liberty Church Road in Holladay.

Mapquest shows that the distance between Nickell's residence and the Bobo residence is 21.59 miles via one route, and 25.33 miles another. One local said a person familiar with the woods between the two properties could make it from the Bobo home to the Nickell residence within about 15 minutes.

The incident is said to have occurred sometime after Holly went missing and the time Nickell was incarcerated on April 18.Continue reading on Examiner.com: Holly Bobo Abduction: 3-week wrap-up; ‘We’re not giving up on Holly’ - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...up-we-re-not-giving-up-on-holly#ixzz1LaGPoYwl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox