TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even get why they would put this out there for the public? Do they have to according to law?

To me it seems like they are saying, "Hey if you are operating an unlicensed or unsafe vehicle we'll be looking for you at US 641 in Benton."

Gee...let's see....how many people that are unlicensed are going to take that route today, unless they are totally dense.

Sorry to be so cynical, but I do not get it.

Here they always tell where the road blocks are...I think because that way someone can't said it entrappement.

"three doors down" equates to 21-25 miles by road, or 15 minutes cutting through the woods? Also, why would this guy even DISCUSS Holly's disappearance with the auto shop personnel?

a snippet from this linkhttp://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-3-week-wrap-up-we-re-not-giving-up-on-holly

The source reports that Nickell acted "strange, cocky, and hyper." During a conversation about Holly's abduction Nickell allegedly told the shop owner that he lived "three doors down" from the Bobo residence, which, according to news reports and the Tennessee Sexual Offender Registry, is false. The Bobos live on Swan Johnson Road in Darden and Nickell, at that time, lived at 1815 Liberty Church Road in Holladay.

Mapquest shows that the distance between Nickell's residence and the Bobo residence is 21.59 miles via one route, and 25.33 miles another. One local said a person familiar with the woods between the two properties could make it from the Bobo home to the Nickell residence within about 15 minutes.
The incident is said to have occurred sometime after Holly went missing and the time Nickell was incarcerated on April 18.Continue reading on Examiner.com: Holly Bobo Abduction: 3-week wrap-up; ‘We’re not giving up on Holly’ - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...up-we-re-not-giving-up-on-holly#ixzz1LaGPoYwl

BBm
that interesting wonder who that local was?

Ok here is a good write up about all the various rumors and fake news stories floating around

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979298108

Ok here is a good write up about all the various rumors and fake news stories floating around

Good job peeps! :highfive:

I would be aghast if they said we were perpetuating the rumors out there!

This was not a case of home invasion gone bad. As one poster pointed out the perp would stake the place out in advance and he would have known their schedules of their comings and goings. If the perp had staked this place out he would have known that Holly was on her way to school and would be gone from the premises in just a few minutes so why would he risk an encounter with her when he knew she was leaving? That makes no sense.

Oh that's funny. One pay-for-clicks blogger slamming another pay-for-clicks blogger.
exactly~ the article also gave kudos to another site we cannot link here that has posted rumors/info not reported by the tbi/LE

This was not a case of home invasion gone bad. As one poster pointed out the perp would stake the place out in advance and he would have known their schedules of their comings and goings. If the perp had staked this place out he would have known that Holly was on her way to school and would be gone from the premises in just a few minutes so why would he risk an encounter with her when he knew she was leaving? That makes no sense.

Well a home invasion requires the occupants to be at home. Otherwise its a burglary or something else. But I know what you are getting at. Its not a burglary gone bad IMHO. I believe one of the reasons the suspect quickly whisked Holly away into the woods instead of shoving her back into the house was because he knew someone else (brother) could be inside.

He was waiting for her, somewhere around her car (where ever that actually was parked).

It's funny, though, that this writer quashes all the rumors without sources either.

The Gather writer's last piece I adjudged scurrilous, so it is funny, the attack on the Examiner article. Funny, and also quite true in that Examiner articles about the case have relied on unnamed "sources." I counted seven or eight of them in the one prior to the Nickell auto garage hearsay effort. Articles dependent on hearsay are abstractions; in thinking about evidence one should go in fear of abstractions.

What is interesting (and real) in the Nickell matter is the jumping of the bond from $75,000 to $300,000, though this could also reflect his probable status as a parole violator.

I have not read a lot about this Nickell character. But quite possibly having him in jail and increasing his bond would be the way Florida LE treated Misty Crosslin in the Haleigh Cummings disappearance. LE got a bunch of semi suspected interesting people on various unrelated charges like bad checks, pill dealing, etc. then piled on the charges and bond money in an attempt to get them to speak about the missing girls case.

"Mapquest shows that the distance between Nickell's residence and the Bobo residence is 21.59 miles via one route, and 25.33 miles another. One local said a person familiar with the woods between the two properties could make it from the Bobo home to the Nickell residence within about 15 minutes."

unless i am missing something (like that there is a wormhole in those woods) there is no way anyone could travel through woods even in a straight line between these two locations and do it in 15 minutes.

isnt it 15-17 miles as the crow flies between these two properties?

Loving the bloggers bashing each other regarding facts and non-facts likely neither of them knew anything about until they read about them somewhere in the forums. :rocker:

If they won't hold themselves to a code of fact-checking, well, at least they are policing each other... :rolleyes:

Maybe one or the other will actually push a confirmation or denial out of LE. That would be something.

One claims to conduct e-mail phone calls with LE regularly, per the blog. That being the case, the blogger can request confirmation about the auto-garage lead/tip/story upon the next little chit-chat they conduct with TBI's Helms.

One would expect a blogger that has put themselves out there as the official rumor-quasher to either source or quash their own rumors and check facts with TBI prior to publishing.

On the other hand ... my bar is typically too high, so ... :nevermind:

:cow:

"Mapquest shows that the distance between Nickell's residence and the Bobo residence is 21.59 miles via one route, and 25.33 miles another. One local said a person familiar with the woods between the two properties could make it from the Bobo home to the Nickell residence within about 15 minutes."

unless i am missing something (like that there is a wormhole in those woods) there is no way anyone could travel through woods even in a straight line between these two locations and do it in 15 minutes.

isnt it 15-17 miles as the crow flies between these two properties?

On foot, a military forced march (the distance a trained soldier can hike at a fast pace during one day) is not much more than 15 miles in heavy woods. Even on roads its something like 20 miles. So I doubt Little Nicky could do it easily on foot. Even in a truck driving 20 miles cross country in the woods (and at night) would take some time and make some noise too.

But again who is this unnamed local source.

Good job peeps! :highfive:

I would be aghast if they said we were perpetuating the rumors out there!

Yes good job! The rumor mill goes round and round and if we can accomplish nothing more but keeping it real as we look at these cases, we have accomplished quite a bit.

This blogger is mad because Isabelle wrote about her last week making false accusations against the family. Sounds like tit-for-tat.

Personally, I find Isabelles articles very thorough.

This blogger is mad because Isabelle wrote about her last week making false accusations against the family. Sounds like tit-for-tat.

Personally, I find Isabelles articles very thorough.

Hard to say. I kinda take all of the blog news stuff with a big grain of salt. I also kinda take it as the lack of real news and real information after three weeks is making the dogs turn on themselves.

I don't think it is a good idea for LE to ever narrow down a crime and/or suspect pool, as in saying the perp is likely a local person and someone familiar with Holly and or/or her family. There are many cases when it seems to be the case, yet isn't, as many here have pointed out.

This crime could just as easily be a stranger who came upon Holly only a day or two earlier and decided to follow her for his opportunity. If LE does NOT have a particular suspect in mind, it might not hurt to make public Holly's known itinerary in the days prior to her abduction. The person who took her did not just come across her at her house, he saw her someplace else first, I believe.

Good Job Jabber. I've been thinking. :lol: What if LE thinks they have their man in jail already. It could have been for anything random. I wonder if we can see the bookings in the county. If they are listed by day or if you have to have names. It might be an interesting exercise to go back and see who has been arrested.

I don't think Decatur county is online other than a single page that explains their staff of less than 10 people. I did find a searchable data of public records, which includes jail and inmate records, but you have to know who you are looking for. You can't just ask it who was arrested on dates x,y and z. Darn it. Plus, Henderson county is offline.

http://www.decaturcountytn.org/sheriffs_dept.asp
https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/siteInfoAction.do?siteId=43000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members