TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is quite true. It was the case in the Anne Pressly murder. She was killed in October, and LE did get DNA from the assault. The tests were rushed and LE got the lab results back quickly, but nothing was in the system. No hits and so it was a dead end. But a woman who had been raped earlier that year, in April, had submitted a rape kit sample for DNA analysis, and that came back 6 months later, in November, as matching the sample from Anne's murder. Working independently, LE had a suspect in mind that had been involved in fencing stolen goods, home break ins, and robbery type crimes. Curtis Vance was called in for questioning regarding those crimes, and voluntarily submitted a DNA sample. Turns out Vance matched the two prior unknown DNA hits. And LE went out and arrested him for murder and assault... It was a round about way for sure to catch him and sadly it took other crimes and victims to make a complete picture.

The anne pressley murder still bugs me. Not only senseless, but so brutally senseless!!

That is quite true. It was the case in the Anne Pressly murder. She was killed in October, and LE did get DNA from the assault. The tests were rushed and LE got the lab results back quickly, but nothing was in the system. No hits and so it was a dead end. But a woman who had been raped earlier that year, in April, had submitted a rape kit sample for DNA analysis, and that came back 6 months later, in November, as matching the sample from Anne's murder. Working independently, LE had a suspect in mind that had been involved in fencing stolen goods, home break ins, and robbery type crimes. Curtis Vance was called in for questioning regarding those crimes, and voluntarily submitted a DNA sample. Turns out Vance matched the two prior unknown DNA hits. And LE went out and arrested him for murder and assault... It was a round about way for sure to catch him and sadly it took other crimes and victims to make a complete picture.

One route of assistance in cases like Holly's (and many others....) :

http://namus.gov/

Such an unused and fantastic resource with so much potential. :(

How many times have we heard that the perp "always leaves something of himself or herself behind" at the scene of crimes. We shall see (or maybe we won't, at this rate) if this was the case here.

wfgodot,

On 8/3/11 you posted the following:
Missing in Tennessee

Shelly Mook--156 days
Holly Bobo--- 112 days
Zaylee Fryar 96 days
Gail Palmgren 91 days

Any chance these abductions could be connected to one person?
Just re-reading all Thread posts thru 26, so if this has already been discussed, and discounted let me know or let me know where to find more info on these cases. I find your info very interesting.

wfgodot,

On 8/3/11 you posted the following:
Missing in Tennessee

Shelly Mook--156 days
Holly Bobo--- 112 days
Zaylee Fryar 96 days
Gail Palmgren 91 days

Any chance these abductions could be connected to one person?
Just re-reading all Thread posts thru 26, so if this has already been discussed, and discounted let me know or let me know where to find more info on these cases. I find your info very interesting.

No, don't think so in terms of any of them being related:

Shelly Mook, an 8th grade teacher from Shelbyville, went missing after dropping off their daughter at her ex-husband's house. Her car was found burning that same night.

Zaylee Fryar is a missing four-month-old who disappeared with her mother, whose body was later found in the Cumberland River.

It is believed that Gail Nowacki Palmgren's husband holds information about her that could help authorities locate her after she vanished from Signal Mountain.

So, in two of the cases, there would seem to be a specific person of interest; in the third, the baby's body may be in the river and perhaps never found.

I came over here to see if there was anything new on this case. Did you see the family speak last week on Jane Velez Mitchell? Jane was quite confused about the facts as given. I don't think it was ever cleared up in their interview.

The brother who saw last saw his sister, said to Jane that he NEVER said she was led away by a man. He said they walked together into the woods. He said the man was NOT leading her.

The parents confirmed that blood found on the garage floor was that of their daughter. That would mean that she had been injured in some way that caused blood to fall upon the floor, but still walked away. I'm trying to figure out why she would walk away after being injured that severly and why the attacker did not have to force her or pull her along. And she was not fighting with the attacker. It's so odd.

If it was a local, I think they will let it leak and they will end up finding her. I hope so anyway.

To me it defies common sense that Holly, after being injured enough to bleed in the garage, would walk away peaceably towards the woods with any man!

If the injury was accidental, wouldn't she have run back in the house to grab a band-aid?

That seems logical to me too, but LE and family always say they believe she is still in the "area". They must have a reason to say that?
I think they are covering both bases of her still being in the area (used of paragliders) as well as in another state (use of flyers on trucks)...

To me it defies common sense that Holly, after being injured enough to bleed in the garage, would walk away peaceably towards the woods with any man!

If the injury was accidental, wouldn't she have run back in the house to grab a band-aid?

I don`t think it was accidental. She was hit and told to move or else. The perp probably had a weapon on him.

Does anyone know who if anyone was given a polygraph?

Seems quite obvious (to me)... the suspect hit her or caused some kind of trauma. Perhaps when he surprised her. Stunned, and being threatened perhaps with a knife or gun (unseen by the brother) she obeyed the suspects commands and walked along peacefully with him.

Suspects go along with attackers or obey their commands all the time, for various reasons , such as fear.

Why would Clint recant a statement about Holly being “dragged” into the woods?

1) He’s confused.
or
2) He was told to recant.

I believe it’s No. 2.

I don’t believe that Clint hurt, abducted, or did something worse to his sister, Holly.
However, I do believe that Clint’s inconsistent statements in this case are a major clue.

This reminds me of the old adage: “If you can’t charm them, dazzle them with BS!
Question is, who’s doing the dazzling?

Maybe Clint did recognize the person Holly was walking with into the woods. This would explain Clint’s nonchalant behavior during the abduction.
If you're going to stand by Clint's statements, don't be half-assed about it.

Makes good sence to me . if perp stabs you in the garage and says walk with me I'll do what i want and then let u go .Or ill kill you right now , I think most people are gonna walk with him He did just show you he means buisness cause your bleeding .

I am not sure where you got the accidental thing from. i dont think any of what happend was just an accident .

Unless the perp had a gun, Holly should have had a chance to break free or scream. I think she must have known this person, in order to walk off in what looked like a calm manner, OR was being held at/shown a gun.

So close to her own home, within shouting distance even, it makes no sense for her to walk into the woods with a stranger who does not have a gun on her, IMO. You always have a chance to struggle, kick, etc against a knife, or some other weapon and apparently the amount of blood was small, not indicative of a major injury.

Makes good sence to me . if perp stabs you in the garage and says walk with me I'll do what i want and then let u go .Or ill kill you right now , I think most people are gonna walk with him He did just show you he means buisness cause your bleeding .

I am not sure where you got the accidental thing from. i dont think any of what happend was just an accident .

This is a little off-topic and I hope it's not inappropriate, but this is a good reminder to train ourselves and our children to never ever ever let yourself be "moved" if at all possible.

The chances of survival are higher if you are stabbed or even shot in a public (or semi-public) place. Once you are marched, or carried, or driven into seclusion, your odds plummet. :(

Unless the perp had a gun, Holly should have had a chance to break free or scream. I think she must have known this person, in order to walk off in what looked like a calm manner, OR was being held at/shown a gun.

So close to her own home, within shouting distance even, it makes no sense for her to walk into the woods with a stranger who does not have a gun on her, IMO. You always have a chance to struggle, kick, etc against a knife, or some other weapon and apparently the amount of blood was small, not indicative of a major injury.

I don't mean to offend anyone so when I say this it is meant out of the goodnes of my heart and nothing else.

I KNOW no one knows how they will react when a knife is held to their throat, when they've been cut, or anything else. We all think we know but when it happens its so different. Being there, knowing they will kill you is totally different.

Some will be frozen in fear, some will try to talk their way out of it, some will go along hoping to be freed, some will fight back. No one knows until they face it. And some by the grace of God will get away.

I'm responding to the post upthread about the brother changing the part about his sister not being led into the woods. It is odd iMO. Every story I have read says she was last seen being led into the woods, but brother said No, that is not what happened. I know he said it, because I saw and heard him say it myself on JVM.

Jane kept asking questions for clarification, but mom nor dad jumped in to help explain anything. They just sat there and stared straight ahead.

The mother said that LE has virtually told them nothing, except that the blood on the garage floor was their daugthers. She seemed okay with it, because she said as long as they were investigating, LE would not give them any information.

This is a little off-topic and I hope it's not inappropriate, but this is a good reminder to train ourselves and our children to never ever ever let yourself be "moved" if at all possible.

The chances of survival are higher if you are stabbed or even shot in a public (or semi-public) place. Once you are marched, or carried, or driven into seclusion, your odds plummet. :(

You know, my mom always told me growing up that I should hit, kick, fight, scratch, spit, attack the groin area of, bite, and fight like a banshee if anyone tries to get me into a car or in a secluded area because secluded areas=they want to rape and likely hurt/kill you. I always thought she was a little crazy for repeatedly telling me that (she literally said fight like a banshee too-I am not exaggerating) but I wonder how many of these girls may have avoided abduction if they had fight like a banshee ingrained in their heads? I have only had one scary experience like this-a guy asked me for directions and then grabbed me and tried to drag me into the door of his car. FIGHT LIKE A BANSHEE was in my head and I punched him in the face and he let go.

It is hard to say "should have" as in she should have done this or he should have done that or this is what should have happened, though. The Bobos lived in a small town and have probably never had any reason to believe anything bad would ever happen to them. It probably never occurs to most parents to teach their kids how to act in an abducting situation except maybe don't talk to strangers/stranger danger. You also never know how you will react or if Holly knew this guy or if he somehow struck her so hard she was in a daze...no sense in blaming Holly for not screaming even though I really, really, really wish she had called out to her brother. I will also be teaching any children I have in life to fight like a banshee.

Of course I did not mean to say that Holly should have done anything different if a knife were presented rather than a gun, especially is she had already been injured in some way. I assume she was in shock. But it still feels like there should have been some kind of scuffle or incident right there, complete with screams, unless she knew or recognized the man and felt he would not mortally wound her as long as she complied. Just my opinion, that's all.

All conjecture, as we don't know if he had a weapon or if her injury was caused by him. In fact, we hardly know anything except that she is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member