TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how different this case might be viewed if the "drops" or "flecks" of blood had not been found? Would LE still have considered this to be an abduction right away? Or would it be more like Katelyn Markham's case, where LE is still saying they don't know if she left on her own or was a victim of foul play? Just wondering...not that it makes any difference in helping to find her at this point.

But the blood bothers me because even once Clint heard about the scream, he did not charge into the woods after his sister-he had seen the blood, dismissed it as "turkey" blood, but once he knew a scream had been heard, one would think he would have seen that blood in a new light and instinct/nature would have taken over, causing him to run after her. JMO

One of the many things I find odd about the story is: Wouldn’t KB inform Clint over the phone about the scream being heard? I believe they spoke a couple of times. (Then he would have known about the scream before he saw the blood.) But according to Clint’s recollection of events, he doesn’t mention being aware of the scream until he encounters the neighbor in the driveway, which prompts Clint to attempt to call the police.

jmo

One of the many things I find odd about the story is: Wouldn’t KB inform Clint over the phone about the scream being heard? I believe they spoke a couple of times. (Then he would have known about the scream before he saw the blood.) But according to Clint’s recollection of events, he doesn’t mention being aware of the scream until he encounters the neighbor in the driveway, which prompts Clint to attempt to call the police.

jmo

Clint didn't call the police. He had gone outside presumably to search for Holly, the neighbor arrived, and he decided to wait for the police to arrive at that point.

All of the guessing and speculating could be cleard up if the multitude of 911 calls were released

Clint didn't call the police. He had gone outside presumably to search for Holly, the neighbor arrived, and he decided to wait for the police to arrive at that point.

All of the guessing and speculating could be cleard up if the multitude of 911 calls were released

BBM: Yeah, I know.
I stated he attempted to call the police. According to Clint, he had a phone in his hand (and a gun) when he encountered the neighbor in the driveway. When the neighbor told Clint that a scream had been heard, Clint attempted to call the police (as in about to dial the phone). Clint stated that’s when he heard the police coming up the road. So, no need to actually call them.

ETA: I do not believe the release of the 911 calls would tell us if KB told Clint over the phone she was informed by the neighbor that a scream had been heard coming from the Bobo residence.

And, one more thing: I don’t REALLY know if Clint did or did not connect with 911. That is still a mystery.

But releasing the 911 calls certainly would solve that one!

jmo

BBM: Yeah, I know.
I stated he attempted to call the police. According to Clint, he had a phone in his hand (and a gun) when he encountered the neighbor in the driveway. When the neighbor told Clint that a scream had been heard, Clint attempted to call the police (as in about to dial the phone). Clint stated that’s when he heard the police coming up the road. So, no need to actually call them.

ETA: I do not believe the release of the 911 calls would tell us if KB told Clint over the phone she was informed by the neighbor that a scream had been heard coming from the Bobo residence.

And, one more thing: I don’t REALLY know if Clint did or did not connect with 911. That is still a mystery.

But releasing the 911 calls certainly would solve that one!

jmo

Was there a reason given for not releasing the 911 calls? Even Daniel Von Bargen's chilling 911 tape was released.

Plumeria – TN 911 calls are exempt from open records laws.

This is from 2010: http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/city-news/dispatchers-want-911-calls-exempt-open-records-law

This is from 2011 where the TN Senate voted for the exemption of 911 calls: http://purplelawfirm.com/blog_news/...nate-votes-to-prevent-broadcast-of-911-calls/

"The bill does not seek to prevent subpoena or other court ordered release of these calls to a criminal defendant in court. It appears that the amended Bill only seeks to limit the media’s ability to rebroadcast the calls or republish transcripts."

Those roads are empty - Can be on them for 3 hours and not see a vehicle. Twists and turns so quick - can loose someone easily and they would have no clue which way someone went.

I understand these are rural roads but to ride on them and see no cars for 3 hours? I find that hard to conceive. I have lived in very rural areas...and urban areas, primarily in NC. I lived in Madison County, which is one of the most rural counties in the mountains...it borders TN...and while there was never "traffic," there were vehicles coming and going.

I say this because we know that Holly, Clint, and each of their parents drove cars down that road daily. Also they had neighbors that traveled that road daily. Then you have friends (such as Drew and Holly's girlfriends) coming up and down that road. So we know the road was traveled frequently.

The day of the incident, the Bobo's front yard was full of friends and neighbors within minutes of the report....

I do wonder if LE was so focused on getting to the residence that they may have missed or overlooked any vehicles traveling past them....I wonder this since they did not set up any roadblocks or check points in an effort to encapsulate the area. I'm not saying this would have located Holly and her abductor/s, but it would have helped eliminate some scenarios.

All of those people who showed up to search probably drove there, which would/should have made the roads busier than usual, if anything...the odd car NOT headed toward the Bobo house should have stood out...they must have joined the rural roads at some point to make the lunch pail drop and to get out of the general area, IMO.

All of those people who showed up to search probably drove there, which would/should have made the roads busier than usual, if anything...the odd car NOT headed toward the Bobo house should have stood out...they must have joined the rural roads at some point to make the lunch pail drop and to get out of the general area, IMO.

I don't think it was necessarily an "odd car." I think the perp was a local.

I understand these are rural roads but to ride on them and see no cars for 3 hours? I find that hard to conceive. I have lived in very rural areas...and urban areas, primarily in NC. I lived in Madison County, which is one of the most rural counties in the mountains...it borders TN...and while there was never "traffic," there were vehicles coming and going.

I say this because we know that Holly, Clint, and each of their parents drove cars down that road daily. Also they had neighbors that traveled that road daily. Then you have friends (such as Drew and Holly's girlfriends) coming up and down that road. So we know the road was traveled frequently.

The day of the incident, the Bobo's front yard was full of friends and neighbors within minutes of the report....

I do wonder if LE was so focused on getting to the residence that they may have missed or overlooked any vehicles traveling past them....I wonder this since they did not set up any roadblocks or check points in an effort to encapsulate the area. I'm not saying this would have located Holly and her abductor/s, but it would have helped eliminate some scenarios.

Does LE have dashboard cams?
that would and could help!

I understand your logic - I too would follow the same. But TRUST me when I say you could have got away from that area without being detected. Those roads are nothing in reality than what they look like on a map. If perp had gone south back toward the main highway - would have given a chance for someone to see. Had they traveled northern.. the chances of going undetected are more than great.

Given that Holly and the suspect were most likely on the road before Clint even made it back outside I would say they just drove off. No one would have been looking for them yet. At that time cops didn't even know what had happened.

Given that Holly and the suspect were most likely on the road before Clint even made it back outside I would say they just drove off. No one would have been looking for them yet. At that time cops didn't even know what had happened.

100% agree.

IMO Clint thought the guy was holly's boyfriend and went back to bed.

Didn't Le show up when Clint was about to call them? If so, they must have known at least several minutes before the neighbor came by.

Didn't Le show up when Clint was about to call them? If so, they must have known at least several minutes before the neighbor came by.

What LE knew is probably up for speculation but I doubt they knew Holly had been abducted and that she was most likely being driven away by the suspect. One 911 call was about screams heard from the direction of the property. Holly's mom called 911 but we don't know what she told them, but she was not at home and did not know exactly what was going on. At best LE probably thought they were responding to a domestic situation with a screaming girl, people in a garage, etc. It seems that even after Clint told them what happened, it took some time for LE to actually get going. Dana or Karen commented that they just waited around in their yard waiting for more cops to arrive.

This case is so sad. Holly is most likely dead and I hope they solve this case soon.

What LE knew is probably up for speculation but I doubt they knew Holly had been abducted and that she was most likely being driven away by the suspect. One 911 call was about screams heard from the direction of the property. Holly's mom called 911 but we don't know what she told them, but she was not at home and did not know exactly what was going on. At best LE probably thought they were responding to a domestic situation with a screaming girl, people in a garage, etc. It seems that even after Clint told them what happened, it took some time for LE to actually get going. Dana or Karen commented that they just waited around in their yard waiting for more cops to arrive.

True, but if ANY traffic on these roads is really as rare as sighting Bigfoot, than one would think LE would be used to looking at/noting (mentally) every vehicle they pass. Depending on where all the LE came from that morning, someone may well have passed the car/truck carrying Holly. Anyway, it hardly seems to matter now, JMO.

True, but if ANY traffic on these roads is really as rare as sighting Bigfoot, than one would think LE would be used to looking at/noting (mentally) every vehicle they pass. Depending on where all the LE came from that morning, someone may well have passed the car/truck carrying Holly. Anyway, it hardly seems to matter now, JMO.

I will agree with this part. If you did see a car you would remember because they are not in abundance. Look on the map and zoom in carefully. You see all those little twists and forks. Some of those are like dirt roller coasters. You dip up, you dip down, you twist, you turn which can put you out of side in an instant. They are not wide.

Yes but people going about their business do not really pay attention to that stuff at 8 AM when they are going to work. Over a year later its probably moot anyway. No one is going to remember seeing something that there is not even a description of.

If it was a local of some sort then I think they would be less likely to make note of vehicles. I personally would be less likely to notice the car even if there aren't many cars on the road. At my parents' cabin I see the same 15 or so cars almost every day. If some tragedy happened two days ago and cops interviewed me about which cars I saw or didn't see I may not be able to answer with certainty. It becomes part of the scenery almost.
I think that is what happened. Some sort of local (I don't necessarily mean a close neighbor or friend, but perhaps someone on the periphery) did it and then if the car or truck was seen it didn't even register as something to notice.
That seems like the most logical chain of events, but the only problem is that it seems like it is hard to hide an obsession like that. Like, if he did become obsessed with Holly I feel like someone else had to have seen some signs. They are either ignoring the signs for some reason or the person was a real loner-not seen as a threat, but not so actively involved with other people on a day-to-day basis that a warning sign would have been obvious. I guess he could just also be a creep/murderer/rapist and not necessarily obsessed with just Holly. That is a scary option.

I agree except I thought that maybe the LE descending upon the home might be a little more aware of what they may have seen, if anything...they were going into a "situation" which may have been unclear, but there was always the chance that a vehicle would be leaving the home or the area, IMO. As I said earlier, it hardly matters now, as evidently nothing useful was noted, as far as we can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname