TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gosh, no posts in three days...this won't be a "hot case" much longer, if it ever was...

Am hoping LE thinks long and hard and decides to release some more info next week, as it becomes a year since Holly was taken (that is, if they have any to release.) Their current program does not seem to be working.

JMO
------------
During this time of year, I sometimes wish the hunt to find Holly was as intense as the hunt for easter eggs.

Gosh, no posts in three days...this won't be a "hot case" much longer, if it ever was...

Am hoping LE thinks long and hard and decides to release some more info next week, as it becomes a year since Holly was taken (that is, if they have any to release.) Their current program does not seem to be working.

JMO

Not that it necessarily applies here, but how many cases have we've seen on ID shows where a new detective takes over a case and sees things missed in the past.

I wonder if Holly’s black flip flops were ever found in the woods. I’m not so sure this particular LE would let the public know of a find like that.

Also, does anyone know who gave the description of what Holly was wearing on that morning? Was is it KB or CB? Because if CB noticed Holly was wearing black flip flops walking into the woods, wouldn’t he think that odd? (IMO everything is “odd” in this case, just thinking out loud.)

Hoping Holly is found soon.

jmo

Unfortunately, I am beginning to think that this is a hopeless case. I think that probably the only way it will be solved is purely by accident.

That's how most cases are solved if they've been on the back burner for awhile... either by accident, someone happening upon a body, or some new detective finds a clue that everybody else missed.

Shefner... it was a home invasion, but not JUST that. I think in the first few hours they may have believed Holly would turn up, that it was a simple miscommunication and a mother going into panic mode. Then when she didn't reappear and details started coming out, they reclassified it as a kidnapping.
JMO, of course.

Maybe this thread needs to go back into the missing forum and it may get more attention. Hiding out over here isn't getting much traffic.

Not that it necessarily applies here, but how many cases have we've seen on ID shows where a new detective takes over a case and sees things missed in the past.

Why wouldn't it apply here? I've always said a new set of eyes would help this case. IMO, LE developed tunnel vision from the start. They always felt it was someone local (so did the family) but perhaps that may not be the case at all. Unfortunately, a lot of potential evidence may have been lost (tire tracks as an example or footprints) but it wouldn't hurt to have someone start from the beginning and recreate the crime scene.

My :twocents:

I wonder if Holly’s black flip flops were ever found in the woods. I’m not so sure this particular LE would let the public know of a find like that.

Also, does anyone know who gave the description of what Holly was wearing on that morning? Was is it KB or CB? Because if CB noticed Holly was wearing black flip flops walking into the woods, wouldn’t he think that odd? (IMO everything is “odd” in this case, just thinking out loud.)

Hoping Holly is found soon.

jmo

Not much was revealed in this case by LE. What little we know came from the family, imo. (and rumours ex: cellphone).

What also bothers me is there have been no follow ups to any of the people who were possibly involved in this case. IIRC, there were two RSO's arrested who may have been connected to the case and the media reported it as such but yet, LE hasn't said one way or other whether or not they are possible POI's. TB was accused of interfering with the case and a search warrant was issued. Did anything come out of that? Was he arrested? Was he charged? No follow up on that story either as far as I know.

Very frustrating. I was hoping after almost a year, there would be some renewed awareness and search efforts but it doesn't seem to be the case.....yet.

the one year anniversary of Holly missing is fast approaching.. thinking of you Holly and hoping you can come home safe and sound!

I can't believe its been almost a year either. I can't believe this can happen, in broad daylight, with a witness, and this not lead to an arrest. I've followed other kidnapping cases, and with the sightings, and victims still being found alive years later, my only hope is that this sicko is keeping her alive. Yes, the mind doesn't want to venture into what she could be enduring, but with life... there is hope. And maybe one day she can be found. So until they find a body, i can only hope that she or girls like Brittanee Drexel, or Amy Bradley are still alive out there somewhere...

:banghead: Dang it the story changes again

http://wreg.com/2012/04/09/one-year-since-holly-bobo-vanished-has-been-a-nightmare/

In the video (and in the accompanying text) Holly's mom says this:

identify who was with his sister.
Thinking of that day, Bobo said, “All of us took off running into the woods.” They followed the path, maybe 15 minutes after Holly was last seen.
But that chase, and the searches that followed, turned up only Holly’s lunchbag and a few other pieces of evidence, which TBI did not want to describe.

Before we were lead to believe that they did NOT follow the trail and that it took a while for LE to even begin to look

The video does, for the first time, give a better glimpse at the back yard, some of the distances and angles involved, etc.

The backyard has changed a lot in the last year.
New larger pool.
Almost too large now for that space.
New separate two car garage instead of that old shed.

I wish they would have shown the view from inside the door looking out.
From Clint's pov.
And I wish they would have done this several months ago when Natasha Chen
was there with a camera man.

It does no good to say went into the woods over there with a vague point when
the camera doesn't pan along, too.

Maybe it's just me who found this one year video many a day late and more than a few dollars short.
*Sigh*

I must have missed it somewhere along the way, but I didn't realize that there was two rewards, one for a quarter mil and one for 85 thousand. I thought the two combined were a quarter of a mil.

http://wreg.com/2012/04/09/one-year-since-holly-bobo-vanished-has-been-a-nightmare/

Thinking of that day, Bobo said, “All of us took off running into the woods.” They followed the path, maybe 15 minutes after Holly was last seen.
But that chase, and the searches that followed, turned up only Holly’s lunchbag and a few other pieces of evidence, which TBI did not want to describe.

Before we were lead to believe that they did NOT follow the trail and that it took a while for LE to even begin to look

The video does, for the first time, give a better glimpse at the back yard, some of the distances and angles involved, etc.

This case seems to have more than the "normal" share of changing facts and/or bad reporting...although the changing things in this case seem to come from the family, but who can tell...

In following Sierra Lamar's case, the story changes in crucial details depending upon which story you read...re: items found, times of various electronic events, clothes worn, etc...even LE does not agree, one saying the family is cleared, the other (sheriff) saying no one is clear...

My computer won't let me open links today...is the part about charging into the woods something a Bobo is saying on tape, or something a reporter is saying they said?

The backyard has changed a lot in the last year.
New larger pool.
Almost too large now for that space.
New separate two car garage instead of that old shed.

*Sigh*

Same pool. And this is the car port that has always been there. People got stuck with that old shed thing way off in the back of the house that is not related to the car port or anything. I posted some pics of the back months ago that showed this area, just not as clear as it is shown now. Could be better still but...

Same pool. And this is the car port that has always been there. People got stuck with that old shed thing way off in the back of the house that is not related to the car port or anything. I posted some pics of the back months ago that showed this area, just not as clear as it is shown now. Could be better still but...

It looks much bigger. And it's pulled all the way up to the house.
I didn't say the carport was different. I was talking about the detached
two car garage building. I don't remember seeing that in overhead shots.
Just the old barn looking shed.

There used to be a covered patio where the backdoor is, and then an open
patio and a walkway between the pool and the house.
Now all I see is big pool!

We need that flyover that was posted here, I think showing the backyard from the left instead of the right side where the pond is.

This case seems to have more than the "normal" share of changing facts and/or bad reporting...although the changing things in this case seem to come from the family, but who can tell...

In following Sierra Lamar's case, the story changes in crucial details depending upon which story you read...re: items found, times of various electronic events, clothes worn, etc...even LE does not agree, one saying the family is cleared, the other (sheriff) saying no one is clear...

My computer won't let me open links today...is the part about charging into the woods something a Bobo is saying on tape, or something a reporter is saying they said?

Hi Clu,

The part about charging into the woods is stated by Karen Bobo on the video. The words come out of her mouth.

Also, I noticed (and this is just an observation, nothing more, and I'm not trying to get into a debate) that Karen speaks of Holly in the present tense even when commenting about Holly in an old home movie Karen's watching. For those following the Sierra LaMar case, I just wanted to mention that.

Thanks for posting that. Really makes me feel for Karen. Just so sad.

I didn't realize it was a double garage. There was more room in the garage for whatever happened there than what I had thought.

Also, seeing that angle made me think about Clint seeing the silhouettes. The garage faces west so in the morning the light is coming from the other side of the house. It would be dark in the garage. Seeing silhouettes make sense.

I still don't see any reason to really question the Bobos' accounts of what happened that morning. I think it's very likely only a small piece of the puzzle. The really important stuff lies in the actions and motivations of the abductor, which are still very much hidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24