TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beats the jeezies out of me how can LE arrive within minutes of a crime, have an eye witness, and not be able to solve it? I don't think I have ever heard of anything like this before.

I agree with you all that the inconsistent statements and the ever changing story is quite supsect and begs questioning as to why they're not being investigated.

Did they all take polygraphs including Drew and his family? What about Holly's friends and acquaintances were they questioned? Extended family members? We don't even know where Holly was the night before, do we? Did Drew end up hunting or not? Or did he leave and go to work? Is that his alibi? What about Drew's dad? Did he go to work after they were denied to hunt on the property? Clint's alibi was he was at home witnessed by the neighbour at 7:40 am or thereabouts. Mom's alibi was work. Dad's alibi was work. Holly's best friend was at school already when Holly didn't show up at 8 am and by that time they already knew something happened.

Are we missing anybody else? We assume all RSO's were checked out and the ones who were missing or unaccounted for are in jail (??) Are they ruled out? None of them looked like Drew.

Yeah, mostly the deep South. Look at the Tara Grinstead case for starters.

These Sheriff/Pastor types like to keep things to themselves....and the people don't seem to mind either. They follow the Sheriff/Pastors' orders....like sheep.

The Bobo case and the Grinstead case should have both been solved in the first 48 hrs. Can you imagine any LE in the U.S arriving at the scene of the crime within x10 min of 911 (Bobo), with an eye witness and NOT solving the crime. In GA and TN, it seems to happen more than anywhere else in the country.

I don't mean to be rude, but I was reading back through the thread to catch up and this post really offended me. I live in Tennessee and we certainly don't have a monopoly on not so good cops. It not difficult to find any number of cases across the country that could have been, should have been, solved early on but were not.

There is a big difference between what the police know or think and what they can prove on a case. If I have enough evidence to be pretty sure what happened, but not enough to charge someone, why would I make a statement? Asking for info or help? The only thing that would do is let the perp know that I'm no closer to nailing him or her.

Everyone in the area already knows she is still missing. What else is there to say? Just wondering....

This case makes my head hurt. I no longer have any guesses as to what happened, all I know is it stinks!
I will be peeved if it turned out that Holly had just run away. (although at least that would mean she's alive) I don't believe that though, but who knows.

I really don't think she ran away or that TBI believes she ran away. She was over 18 and has a legal right to live where she likes. If TBI decided she left on her own, they would say so and take her picture down. Plus, TBI has zero motiviation to keep that information quiet to help the family convince her to come home.

Thanks, and actually, that it would be second week of the season or so, perhaps even better for a since there might be less people in the woods, yet it he would still fit in as someone hunting!

Bless your heart. :) Avid hunters go out every possible chance they get. First day, second day, last day, they don't stop until the season closes.

<snipped>Once again, my theory never stated the body was carried off. "Stashed" is what my theory claims, then removed later along with the belongings.

jmo

Okay, so assuming you are correct, and that she was killed (either spur of moment or planned) why stash the body instead of just getting the heck out of dodge? And where would they stash it on short notice where it would not have been found during the initial few days? The smell alone should have given away that body's location after a couple of days.

And, more importantly to me - if you may have gotten away with murder, why would you go back and risk being caught moving the body? Why not just leave it where it is?

There are clearly many things we don't know, but I just cannot buy this particular theory. :)

My guess is LE doesn't want the tape released because it is prejudicial to the family. No other scenario fits.

I disagree. It could be that the 911 call mentions someone else and they don't want that person publicly lynched if there is no evidence to support their involvement. Or they are protecting another witness who saw something because they want to keep that info to themselves. Police often solve cases by NOT showing all their cards, yet we continue to insist that they throw them all on the floor.

<snip>Clint says he saw someone with Holly who he thought was Drew. Okay. Who looks like Drew, but is not Drew?

Clint says the perp was wearing camo. Who was wearing camo that morning, but it’s not Drew?

I just looked up turkey camo (hubby doesn't hunt turkeys) and realized that full turkey camo includes a face cover. I probably couldn't identify my husband from 10 feet away wearing all that mess. If the person really was in full turkey garb, I'm not surprised Clint can't give a better description, but he might have assumed it was Drew and went about his business. Just a thought.

I really don't think she ran away or that TBI believes she ran away. She was over 18 and has a legal right to live where she likes. If TBI decided she left on her own, they would say so and take her picture down. Plus, TBI has zero motiviation to keep that information quiet to help the family convince her to come home.

BBM

It is JMO, but I believe if she was thought to have run away and of legal age they are still required to make contact with the individual and make sure that is the truth. In other words they need verification, make certain the person isn't being held under threat and he/she left and is where they want to be. Until it has been established if she left on her own or abducted LE can't say one way or the other. In this case I've seen kidnapping, abducted, possibly abducted and run away. Some(including myself) see it as plausible that she ran away. I hope that is the case anyway.

I disagree. It could be that the 911 call mentions someone else and they don't want that person publicly lynched if there is no evidence to support their involvement. Or they are protecting another witness who saw something because they want to keep that info to themselves. Police often solve cases by NOT showing all their cards, yet we continue to insist that they throw them all on the floor.

Names and addresses can be redacted before the 911 call transcript is released. MOO

Very true. And not only why didn't Karen tell Clint about the screams but...
why didn't Clint hear the screams?? I think a long time ago I estimated the distance between the houses was about a football field, 300 feet. How could the neighbor hear and not Clint. Granted, if the neighbor son was outside checking the oil in his car as some have said then maybe it was easier for him to hear. And Clint was inside the house but he couldn't have been over what, 40 or 50 feet away at most?

Plumeria5:

Thanks for your comment. It makes me think about how justified Clint was for not reacting to the events of that morning:

1. Clint didn’t hear Holly scream.
2. As far as we know, KB did not tell Clint about the screams on the phone.
3. Clint believed Holly was talking/walking with Drew. (No need for alarm.)
4. Clint assumed Holly and Drew were kneeling over a turkey, so no need for concern there.
5. According to Clint, he never did see the perp’s face, so he can’t help with identification.
6. Although Clint did try to call both Holly and Drew on their cells, he wasn’t able to reach them. Hmm.. too bad he didn’t just stick his head out of the door and find out what was going on.

Yes, very justified for not reacting. It seems everything lined up for Clint not to react to help Holly in any way UNTIL it was too late.

jmo

I just looked up turkey camo (hubby doesn't hunt turkeys) and realized that full turkey camo includes a face cover. I probably couldn't identify my husband from 10 feet away wearing all that mess. If the person really was in full turkey garb, I'm not surprised Clint can't give a better description, but he might have assumed it was Drew and went about his business. Just a thought.

Thanks for your opinions. We all have our own.

Here's a thought: Next time you quote a post, quote the whole post. By snipping only a portion of my post above, you missed the whole point. I suggest standing on your own positive points.

JMO

Plumeria5:

Thanks for your comment. It makes me think about how justified Clint was for not reacting to the events of that morning:

1. Clint didn’t hear Holly scream.
2. As far as we know, KB did not tell Clint about the screams on the phone.
3. Clint believed Holly was talking/walking with Drew. (No need for alarm.)
4. Clint assumed Holly and Drew were kneeling over a turkey, so no need for concern there.
5. According to Clint, he never did see the perp’s face, so he can’t help with identification.
6. Although Clint did try to call both Holly and Drew on their cells, he wasn’t able to reach them. Hmm.. too bad he didn’t just stick his head out of the door and find out what was going on.

Yes, very justified for not reacting. It seems everything lined up for Clint not to react to help Holly in any way UNTIL it was too late.

jmo

So true. And, Clint was right. "Holly isn't coming home anytime soon."

Okay, so assuming you are correct, and that she was killed (either spur of moment or planned) why stash the body instead of just getting the heck out of dodge? And where would they stash it on short notice where it would not have been found during the initial few days? The smell alone should have given away that body's location after a couple of days.

And, more importantly to me - if you may have gotten away with murder, why would you go back and risk being caught moving the body? Why not just leave it where it is?

There are clearly many things we don't know, but I just cannot buy this particular theory. :)

BBM – I know you’re not talking about me. WTH? Who is this “you”?

First of all, this theory is based on a “in the heat of the moment” crime.

Also, I never stated the body was stashed for days. That is your assumption of the theory.

Have you ever heard of the phrase “returning to the scene of the crime?” I believe criminals do this for many, many reasons. Moving a body would be one of many.

But you are right about one thing: There is a smell associated with this case and it is coming directly from Clint’s telling of events.

jmo

BBM

It is JMO, but I believe if she was thought to have run away and of legal age they are still required to make contact with the individual and make sure that is the truth. In other words they need verification, make certain the person isn't being held under threat and he/she left and is where they want to be. Until it has been established if she left on her own or abducted LE can't say one way or the other. In this case I've seen kidnapping, abducted, possibly abducted and run away. Some(including myself) see it as plausible that she ran away. I hope that is the case anyway.

I'm sure they would prefer to talk to them to be 100% sure. However, if someone files a missing person's report on a legal adult and the initial investigation turns up no evidence of foul play, my understanding is that the police will politely remind the family that the person is of legal age and close the file.

But, with at least initial evidence of foul play and a 911 call, if the family later came to believe she had run away, even if the police agreed, I don't believe they would pretend they still believed she was abducted. Their mission is to help those in immediate danger and to solve crimes, not reunite dysfunctional families. JMO, of course.

BBM – I know you’re not talking about me. WTH? Who is this “you”?

First of all, this theory is based on a “in the heat of the moment” crime.

Also, I never stated the body was stashed for days. That is your assumption of the theory.

Have you ever heard of the phrase “returning to the scene of the crime?” I believe criminals do this for many, many reasons. Moving a body would be one of many.

But you are right about one thing: There is a smell associated with this case and it is coming directly from Clint’s telling of events.

jmo

Obviously I wasn't talking about anyone here but, since it bothered you, how is this: If I had killed someone and escaped the scene undetected, and the police clearly had not found my victim, no way no how would I go back to to move the body while there is a state-wide criminal investigation and search underway.

Names and addresses can be redacted before the 911 call transcript is released. MOO

Yes, they can, of course. I suppose it depends on what they are holding back. And, of course, I'm assuming a lot, just like we all are.

Hmm... maybe I can work "of course" into that post just ONE more time, lol.

Obviously I wasn't talking about anyone here but, since it bothered you, how is this: If I had killed someone and escaped the scene undetected, and the police clearly had not found my victim, no way no how would I go back to to move the body while there is a state-wide criminal investigation and search underway.

Thank you for the clarification.

Anyway, it just depends on where a body could have been stashed. If in the trunk of a car, someone could have driven off with it and no one would be the wiser.

I do not have information whether LE searched the trunk of vehicles which were parked on the Bobo property at the time of abduction. That is why this particular theory is still a possibility, IMO.

jmo

Why did he assume Drew? Out of hundreds who may have been hunting that day, why do you think he assumed it was Drew? And if he did assume it was Drew even after his mom told him it wasn't, why didn't he go out and yell out his name? They were buddies.

DNA found on the body would identify the suspect, imo. In this scenario, it could be someone close or a RSO who has their DNA in the database. I'm going to speculate that it is someone close to Holly because RSO's really don't give a darn about the victim and they would have done whatever they needed to do and left the body there. IMO, if it was a RSO, she would have been found by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike