TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
:doorhide:
Does anyone think,Holly might have have initiated one of the 911calls?
:whiteflag:

Wow. Now there's a line of thought I hadn't even considered.

Perhaps leading more into the why they haven't released the calls?

I'm sure they would prefer to talk to them to be 100% sure. However, if someone files a missing person's report on a legal adult and the initial investigation turns up no evidence of foul play, my understanding is that the police will politely remind the family that the person is of legal age and close the file.

But, with at least initial evidence of foul play and a 911 call, if the family later came to believe she had run away, even if the police agreed, I don't believe they would pretend they still believed she was abducted. Their mission is to help those in immediate danger and to solve crimes, not reunite dysfunctional families. JMO, of course.

I don't think any of the principals in this case are "pretending they still believe she was abducted". Nor do I think LE would try to reunite a dysfunctional family. I think it is possible that Clint saw Holly leave with someone that frightened KB terribly, and that the family knew she was not going to be coming back for a long time.

I am new to websleuths, and I've read what I could of all the HB threads. There's just a few things that i wonder and must ask... (I apologize if these have been asked and answers before, as I have not read all of the threads.)
1. If it was confirmed that there was blood, was it enough to believe she was deceased? IMO I want to believe she is alive, but I go back and forth about it.
2. Have LE questioned any of the men she knew? (acquaintances, friends, ex boyfriends, etc. I know they believe this man could have been a complete stranger stalking her for a while, but did Holly get hints that she had a stalker?)
3. Could her abductor be someone her brother knew, but she didn't?
4. Has her brother been given a polygraph test? Based of the fact he waited a WHOLE HOUR (what was he doing during that time?), I would have looked into it.
5. Were there ANY reports of a vehicle starting up and going full speed across the road? From my understanding, the woods was full of farmland. Some dogs could have gone off barking if they sensed some sort of threat.
6. Did the dogs pick up anything at all while tracking Holly's scent? If there was blood involved, couldn't they have picked up on something?
(Sorry for so many questions!)

I am new to websleuths, and I've read what I could of all the HB threads. There's just a few things that i wonder and must ask... (I apologize if these have been asked and answers before, as I have not read all of the threads.)
1. If it was confirmed that there was blood, was it enough to believe she was deceased? IMO I want to believe she is alive, but I go back and forth about it.
2. Have LE questioned any of the men she knew? (acquaintances, friends, ex boyfriends, etc. I know they believe this man could have been a complete stranger stalking her for a while, but did Holly get hints that she had a stalker?)
4. Has her brother been given a polygraph test? Based of the fact he waited a WHOLE HOUR (what was he doing during that time?), I would have looked into it.
5. Were there ANY reports of a vehicle starting up and going full speed across the road? From my understanding, the woods was full of farmland. Some dogs could have gone off barking if they sensed some sort of threat.
6. Did the dogs pick up anything at all while tracking Holly's scent? If there was blood involved, couldn't they have picked up on something?

Great questions and :wagon:

5. Were there ANY reports of a vehicle starting up and going full speed across
the road? From my understanding, the woods was full of farmland. Some dogs could have gone off barking if they sensed some sort of threat.
:welcome:

Way back on thread #19 AmandaReckonwith posted a link to (her?)photobucket thread with many
pages of photo's and some video's. You have to page through
the screens to find what you may find helpful. Most links to newspapers and video's are only available now by subscribing. That is to say it is hit or miss on
finding news links that still are active.

If you can find newspaper or news videos links that work in previous threads.... that is the very best way to find information on your excellent questions.

Good luck sleuthing!

Hope link works.....
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Holly Bobo -TN-/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ12

This can be taken for strictly what its worth.. i will preface it with disclaimers of jmo as well as RUMOR ALERT.. my having followed Holly's case since the beginning some may recall that I've stated that my hubby is a trainmaster for a RR here In Memphis.. his division he's in charge of runs all the way to Nashville and in between.. I've stated prior that many of the men on his various crews are from in/and around the Darden area where Holly is from.. early on I wanted him to ask them what they believed happened to Holly.. he laughed at me and said I'm not getting involved in your websleuthing.. lol..

Last night he said that one the local men brought up Holly Bobo and a pretty detailed convo ensued.. as I said I'm prefacing with jmo and all that jazz.. along with rumor alert.. this conversation took place with my husband and 3 local Darden men that work on my husbands RR crew.. they were very specific and it was their opinion that multiple locals had long since known what happened to Holly .. that Clint was hunting on their property that morning and that he accidentally shot Holly.. they were very specific about particular details and again state that many locals have long since known what happened ..

Take fwiw.. rumor.. just thought that I would share and state that these three men are family men and in no way whatsoever would have motive or gain from this.. in fact my husband said they said it was all very very tragic and felt that there was absolutely no intention whatsoever and a tragic accident that has now become something so very much more..

Again jmo and take it fwiw..

This can be taken for strictly what its worth.. i will preface it with disclaimers of jmo as well as RUMOR ALERT.. my having followed Holly's case since the beginning some may recall that I've stated that my hubby is a trainmaster for a RR here In Memphis.. his division he's in charge of runs all the way to Nashville and in between.. I've stated prior that many of the men on his various crews are from in/and around the Darden area where Holly is from.. early on I wanted him to ask them what they believed happened to Holly.. he laughed at me and said I'm not getting involved in your websleuthing.. lol..

Last night he said that one the local men brought up Holly Bobo and a pretty detailed convo ensued.. as I said I'm prefacing with jmo and all that jazz.. along with rumor alert.. this conversation took place with my husband and 3 local Darden men that work on my husbands RR crew.. they were very
specific and it
was their opinion that multiple locals had long since known what happened to Holly .. that Clint was hunting on their property that morning and that he accidentally shot Holly.. they were very specific about particular details and again state that many locals have long since known what happened ..

Take fwiw.. rumor.. just thought that I would share and state that these three men are family men and in no way whatsoever would have motive or gain from this.. in fact my husband said they said it
was all very very tragic and felt that
there was absolutely no intention whatsoever and a tragic accident that has now become something so very much more..

I have thanked Mr Noatak and yourself many times for the timelines you both have independently compiled.

Many thanks to you and your husbands co workers for their insights!

I just tonight was thinking how the searches and even Witney Duncan's frequent
tweets ceased...... after the phoned tip on Easter of 2011 ... (which rumor has it led to the) recovery of Holly's cell. I have always felt that something??? was
revealed that took the high profile abduction investigation in a different direction. This is only my thoughts and musings. MOO

Last night he said that one the local men brought up Holly Bobo and a pretty detailed convo ensued.. as I said I'm prefacing with jmo and all that jazz.. along with rumor alert.. this conversation took place with my husband and 3 local Darden men that work on my husbands RR crew.. they were very specific and it was their opinion that multiple locals had long since known what happened to Holly .. that Clint was hunting on their property that morning and that he accidentally shot Holly.. they were very specific about particular details and again state that many locals have long since known what happened ..

Take fwiw.. rumor.. just thought that I would share and state that these three men are family men and in no way whatsoever would have motive or gain from this.. in fact my husband said they said it was all very very tragic and felt that there was absolutely no intention whatsoever and a tragic accident that has now become something so very much more..

Wow! Thanks for sharing that Smooth Operator! If it were true it would explain why so much time elapsed, the scream, the flurry of phone calls, Karen's reaction, and the blood in the carport where she could have been put in a vehicle.

Wow! Thanks for sharing that Smooth Operator! If it were true it would explain why so much time elapsed, the scream, the flurry of phone calls, Karen's reaction, and the blood in the carport where she could have been put in a vehicle.

My opinions only, no facts here:

The theory of an accidental shooting is not impossible. But that hypothesis does not fully account for the timeline, or human nature. The neighbor man who heard the scream would probably also have reported a gunshot, presuming that the scream and gunshot would have to be close together in time.

With regards to human nature, if someone accidentally shot Holly and her relatives were aware of this, I do not think it would be possible for everyone involved to remain silent to this day. An accidental shooting is not even necessarily a crime. Someone would have come clean by now, if the matter was so legally trivial.

The poster who asked about who has taken a polygraph test is spot on. This question was asked by John Walsh on TV some time ago. I wish that America's Most Wanted would follow up and ask the local authorities- who has taken a polygraph?

Great questions and :wagon:

Welcome, Liberty's Way! You raise some good questions. I don't believe there are too many people who know very much about this case, other than the person or persons responsible for the disappearance of HB. Most of your questions could only be answered at this point by law enforcement, and they have been very tight-lipped. To my knowledge, they have not let out much at all about any of the details of what evidence has been recovered. We have only been told some things by the family (like the fact that the blood was indeed Holly's, according to her dad) I did hear somewhere, if I recall correctly, that there was not enough blood to necessarily indicate a mortal wound. There was enough blood that it was noted, so I am assuming it was at least a little more than a couple of drops. But as far as I know, we have no record of exactly how much blood was there.

Regarding question two, there are mixed reports that there was a restraining order that Holly had against a previous boyfriend. Since LE nor the family is talking, nothing much is being confirmed or denied. Reports also came out that she had broken up with her most current boyfriend 3 days prior to the disappearance. However, since, to my knowledge, the family has not commented on this, I don't feel it is useful to speculate. Law enforcement said shortly after HB's disappearance that they felt the abductor was someone familiar with the area, because they would have had to know the paths through the backwoods to be able to escape undetected.

There has been a lot of criticism about how long it took to get the crime scene secured, since lots of people heard Holly was missing and showed up at the house to help look. It also was a while, I believe, before anyone launched off into the woods to look for Holly. I believe that the first thing that should have been done was to get a search crew started into the woods, preferably with dogs. To let someone get such a head start on LE is, IMHO, unpardonable.

I hope that if the family or close friends are still monitoring these discussions that you would reconsider your silence and think about putting your whole story out there. If the family has nothing to hide, then what harm could come from putting the facts out there? Perhaps someone would remember something that could crack the case and help bring Holly home.

I want to comment on the theory that maybe there was some kind of accident, like a hunting accident, and Holly was mortally wounded and then removed by someone to cover the accident. I just don't see that. Most people know that if there is an accident, especially involving people that are highly esteemed in the community, the person responsible is not criminally charged. I don't think this family would have gone to such lengths to cover something that was obviously an accident.

The scientific principle called "Occam's razor" reasons that if you have two or more theories that explain observed facts, you should go with the simplest of the theories, until you have more evidence which changes the facts. In this case, the simplest explanation seems to be that someone, not a member of the family, was lying in wait for Holly on the morning she disappeared. He waited for her to exit the house, and he likely surprised her, causing her to drop her soda that she was carrying. He removed her so quickly from the scene that she did not have time to drop her phone, purse, lunch or books. All those apparently went with her into the woods. I don't think he expected her to scream as loudly as she did, and maybe it was at that point that he caused her to crouch or sit down to hide from the neighbor across the way who was getting into his car to leave for work about that time. (I have no idea if the man who heard Holly scream had a visual on the back of her property.) Perhaps this was the exact moment the brother looked out the window and saw Holly and her abductor crouching or sitting on the ground. As soon as the coast was clear, the man stood Holly up and walked her into the woods, where, perhaps, some ATV or the like was waiting to take them out to a waiting vehicle parked in a hidden place. I don't think the perp expected Clint to be home. I think he thought Holly was the last one out that morning, and I don't think he would have taken a chance on abducting her if he thought her brother was inside watching his actions from the kitchen.

One other thing that deserves mention. Why didn't the guy just force Holly into her own car and force her to drive wherever he wanted to go? If he was someone scary enough, she probably would have complied. Or, he could have bound her, put her in the car, and driven her car away himself. The fact that he did not use her vehicle tells me that he had his own mode of transportation and a destination in mind that would not have been a good place to park Holly's car, as it would have drawn attention to him.

According to all reports, this family had a stellar reputation in the community. There is no evidence to suggest there was any friction in the home. The simplest explanation is that this is the work of a stalker, either known to Holly or a complete stranger--but someone who wanted her for his own reasons. Until more evidence is revealed, if it ever is, complicated, outlandish theories don't hold a lot of water.

All these are my own humble opinions, thoughts, and musings, which are no more right or wrong than the theories of others.

SmoothOperator,
Interesting theory.
I agree, K. acted as though something terrible had happened to Holly.
I do not feel IF it was a shooting accident, someone would hide Holly's body instead of taking her to the hospital.
Now, I can see them Hiding the body IF the body could show the shooting/injuries was possibly close-up with other bodily injuries.

The theory of an accidental shooting is not impossible. But that hypothesis does not fully account for the timeline, or human nature. The neighbor man who heard the scream would probably also have reported a gunshot, presuming that the scream and gunshot would have to be close together in time.

With regards to human nature, if someone accidentally shot Holly and her relatives were aware of this,
I do not think it would be possible for everyone involved to remain silent to this day.
An accidental shooting is not even necessarily a crime.
Someone would have come clean by now, if the matter was so legally trivial.

The poster who asked about who has taken a polygraph test is spot on. This question was asked by John Walsh on TV some time ago. I wish that America's Most Wanted would follow up and ask the local authorities- who has taken a polygraph?

Mr. Novak, I agree, Accidents are not crimes...so why the cover up?
The planting of evidence came across to me as plainly immature.

I read the neighbor heard screaming, plural. Someone was alive to be screaming.
What we don't know is, was the screaming BEFORE or AFTER the 911 call at 7:27 am.
Who was screaming? Maybe Holly and maybe not...could it have been K.?

Who made the 911 call on who's phone and why.
Had 'something' already happened?
or was the 911 caller scared/upset about something/someone on the B. property before 7:27 am?

Was anyone with Holly before Karen left that morning?
LE said "things are not what they seem'.
IMO, the ever changing stories, and overlapping time lines have always been full of holes are totally BS.
So why all the stories @abduction, home invasion, fundraisers IF Holly was shot by accident??
With all the bull we've been fed, Can't buy it....jmo

My only theory all along. Specifically dad, boyfriend, boyfriends dad, & brother.jmo. a single shot to the head would produce that quick blood spot. If it was a clear head shot they could determine quickly especially being hunters if she was alive or not. Imo it was a decision made in haste & it was qucikly determined to be made into something easier for all involved to handle. At the time. I also think this can account for the flurry of calls and the weird run around mom gave about her phone being in her classroom so the secretary (iirc) had to Give message. Imo mom was trying to make it seem like she had been at school longer than she really was. This is jmo. I think in the panic it seemed like it would b easier on all involved if holly were abducted than shot down in a hunting accident. Questions & possible trial. The humility. Imo

That was my theory all along and I don't live anywhere close to TN. To me, that makes the most sense in light of everything about this case.

I hope and pray if this is true that something will be done.

With regards to human nature, if someone accidentally shot Holly and her relatives were aware of this, I do not think it would be possible for everyone involved to remain silent to this day. An accidental shooting is not even necessarily a crime. Someone would have come clean by now, if the matter was so legally trivial.

How do we know "the scream" was Holly? The neighbour heard a scream coming from the Bobo home. What if the "accident" occurred way before 8 am?

IMO, if that is what happened, a cover up took place. Nobody was supposed to know the blood was Holly's and that was a slip by dad on one of the talk shows who was immediately replaced by the pastor as soon as that was revealed on air.

I think churches or places of worship should be looked at, imo. IMO, Holly is buried there.:moo:

fwiw....my theory was posted in the "basement".

What exactly is the "basement"? Could someone please explain this to me? TIA.

I really can't go along with the theory that Holly was accidentally shot by family, and they all know it. If they had Holly's body, I believe the family would have wanted a big funeral for her. I just can't believe that EVERYTHING the family has said and done from the beginning is one huge lie, and it would be if this theory was correct.

I really can't go along with the theory that Holly was accidentally shot by family, and they all know it. If they had Holly's body, I believe the family would have wanted a big funeral for her. I just can't believe that EVERYTHING the family has said and done from the beginning is one huge lie, and it would be if this theory was correct.

Imo. I believe that the call to cover it up was made by someone in charge and close to her. I believe to save themseles or close loved one/close hunting buddy the horror of saying she was accidently killed because they thought she was a turkey or hunting that close to the house. Maybe the cover up was to save the mom the heart ache of losing her daughter & possibly a close family member who was goofing not paying close attention. Who might have to go thru involuntary manslaughter charges.

I think the basement is at the bottom of the forum. Members only so you can open up discusion a little more. Iirc. But it takes me forever to get thru to missing persons much less trials or to the basment.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136204&page=6

You can't post anything from there up here...fyi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members