TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she only attended classes two days a week, how did she spend her time outside of school?

Part of her time was spent, apparently, at the hospital, doing her practical work for the nursing course --where you practice on patients! By some reports, she spent almost every night with her boyfriend, every Sunday with her family and going to church, and she occasionally did things with friends, even though she was described as really loving being home with family, riding horses and fourwheelers. All these facts are my memories from posted links here on the threads.

Holly doesn't have a sister.

Her dad left the gas money and may have spoken to her through the door, I don't remember.

And I think it was her mom who said she spoke with her at about 4 (time could be off) and talked to her about her studying.

BBM:
Thank you goldiegirl. No, Holly does not have a sister.

It's one of the many rumors that were (imo) very oddly perpetuated by people on the internet.

I am pretty sure the coon hunt ended days before HB abduction, but there is nothing to believe it didn't add to the suspect pool. I think it is IMPORTANT to note that HB didn't attend classes everyday (I believe Wednesday is the first day of the week she goes, it is hard to source some of the finer points of this case so maybe somebody else remembers a link), so that would be one of the days she would leave for school around 7:35~.
In regards to the timeline, it is the only one we have to work with, but I think there is a STRONG chance that the timeline is false in some way. I couldn't find the link I was looking for yet, if it still exists it is probably on youtube somewhere, so maybe someone else remembers/can find the link (I think this was actually said on a news clip on day one, it is one of the very first media reports involving LE), but the sheriff stated that the first 911 call came in before 7:30 AM (he specifically said 7:27 or 7:29, that is quite specific for a rounded off time) and almost every article you will find online from the first day references the events unfolding around 7:30AM (even the first threads on this site). If LE didn't get to the scene until after 8AM, then why is there talk about 7:30?????? According to the given timeline, at 7:30AM HB is in the middle of a flurry of calls regarding the mistaken identity of her boyfriend hunting on the other side of the county.
We have been told there were 4 calls to 911. I am trying to sleuth the timeline and in doing so means looking at people's actions, so don't think of this as bashing as much as staring into an abyss of confusion. KB claims to have made 2 of them, CB claims he was dialing 911 as he heard LE arriving at his home and there have been reports that the neighbor called KB or called 911 or both. The only thing I can tell from that is not one of these four 911 calls makes sense in the way it has been told. KB calls and gets the wrong county, so she calls 911 again to another county. The original 911 dispatcher couldn't/wouldn't connect her to the proper line? (was one of these calls a directly to the sheriff office?) CB dials (talks to a person?) 911 as LE is arriving and it is assumed that KB calls 911 before CB tries, but if so then KB has already called 911 (1 or 2 times) and tells CB to then call 911. I can think of scenarios where this all could happen. It is interesting to note the eyewitness reaction is the opposite of his mothers, who is being given info second hand and the other oddity is when KB is making calls to 911, what exactly was CB doing? KB couldn't have known HB had left towards the woods until CB had told her and we know CB talked to KB before and after that. We also know that LE arrives within 10 minutes of HB heading to the woods, but the x factor in all of this is the neighbor and the fourth 911 call. Who-son or mother? When- was 911 called? Where- was the son and/or mother when the scream happen and when 911 was called. How- was 911 called, cell or land line? What- sequence of events led to either the son hearing a scream, telling his mother, calling 911 and then driving away, or the mother being told about a scream, calling KB, calling 911 and then going over to the home (how many of you would decide that after hearing screams that eventually warranted a call to 911 would then go over to your neighbor's house in the middle of a possible abduction with an unknown assailant? That is very gutsy for an older woman) Why- was 911 called by the neighbor in the first place?
I think a few of us wonder where that fourth 911 call comes from. If KB and the neighbor called 911 before CB did (it has never been confirmed he talked to 911, only dialed), then what in the world was happening at that house??? How the neighbor and that fourth call fit together is about as convoluted as the rest of the story is. If the neighbor first called 911 about the screams, then LE took a very long time to get there. If the neighbor called 911 in response to talking with KB, then it had to happen AFTER CB witnessed HB walking away and BEFORE going to the home as CB is dialing 911 (meaning that KB communicated with both the neighbor and CB and the neighbor called 911 before CB did).
The dragging comments were probably not the only part of the story that was drastically revised and at this point, would anyone here be surprised to find out parts of this story are completely fabricated? I know I wouldn't be.

The coon hunt brings a lot of people, a lot of dogs, a lot of camo, a lot of communication to the area both before, during, and after the fair days.
Many of the folks who attend and participate are local, and many are not.
I think it's safe to say that this event has contributed to not only a suspect pool, but also the rapid communication during/after Holly's abduction, as well as early search efforts.

Holly has a cousin who bears a resemblance to her and I do remember some people confused her for a sister early in the case. In regard to the coon hunt, I am not disagreeing with you, but I think people are taking this idea way out of context. The coon hunt came and went, non-locals came and some had went by that Wednesday. Non-locals would have no interest in going to the Bobo home that morning. If these people came to hunt the area and by Wednesday huge efforts were made to search wooded areas, then there isn't much hunting to be done and they left. Do we remember the early report about a car found in the woods that turned out to be unrelated. That hunter sure did stick out like a sore thumb with people searching the woods. So really, the coon hunt may of given a handful of people an extra buddy on FB to spread the word to, but it didn't impact what social media was going to do anyway.
The one thing I think we can agree with, is that this case did get into the national media by 11AM CST that morning. I'm willing to bet that had nothing to do with the coon hunt and everything to do with how sideways this story came out. Before local LE had fully assessed the scene, the TBI and FBI resources were called in VERY early that morning (I am so sure CB witnessed a casual walk to the woods that resulted in the full wrath of LE descending upon tiny little Parsons). I first heard about this case because a friend mentioned in passing about a woman in TN who was dragged into the woods near her property by a man in camo gear while the brother watched it all happen. Now that's an attention getting headline!

It appears Bill Warner still thinks there is a serial sexual predator targeting pretty blondes. Karen Swift was on his list but sadly removed because her body was found. fwiw..he feels the predator stalks them on facebook.

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...ed-by-a-facebook-predator-cops-have-no-clues/

I'm kinda leaning that way myself with as many as there are missing. I also suspect facebook. If a persons account is open and they post often, you can damn near know everything about them, or at least enough to search the internet or subscribe to one of those sights that can show you everything about a person. You can find people related to them also. And thats scary to me that someone is out there holding nearly all the info they can get from public records. Public or not I don't believe this should be allowed.

It appears Bill Warner still thinks there is a serial sexual predator targeting pretty blondes. Karen Swift was on his list but sadly removed because her body was found. fwiw..he feels the predator stalks them on facebook.

http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...ed-by-a-facebook-predator-cops-have-no-clues/

I'm kinda leaning that way myself with as many as there are missing. I also suspect facebook. If a persons account is open and they post often, you can damn near know everything about them, or at least enough to search the internet or subscribe to one of those sights that can show you everything about a person. You can find people related to them also. And thats scary to me that someone is out there holding nearly all the info they can get from public records. Public or not I don't believe this should be allowed.

I think it is a pretty compelling arguement when you take into consideration all of the circumstances and what has occurred in the surrounding 200 odd miles. This is one of the reasons I think an FBI profiler has reviewed this case.

The only problem I have with the facebook theory is there are 800 million facebook users around the world. How would a perp target specific characteristics? It's not like he can sort them by let's say...show me all blonde women in the USA or show me all blue/green eyed girls. KWIM?

I don't know about MySpace or any other social networking sites. Would they allow this type of search? Is there a specific site that perhaps all these young ladies had in common besides facebook? What about dating sites? I think dating sites allow you more flexibility to search for what you're looking for, right?

For the record, I dont know about the facebook angle, but I do think pretty blondes are being targeted.

Where would the closest truck stop be in the Bobo area? Would one of the back roads lead to a truck stop area?

Actually this theory is what led me to this forum. A young girl I know was discussing coloring her hair blonde and Holly's disappearance came up. She lives in the area and FWIW decided to not go blonde. I just know the basics and reading about it is just confusing. And there is so much to read! I have tons of questions, but I am sure they have all been asked and answered here, so I will go back and read and read and read........

Actually this theory is what led me to this forum.

Me too, oddly enough. I don't necessarily think that all of this is the work of one person, but I think that a pretty good argument can be made that it is. I'm still reading up on all of the cases before I form a final opinion.

Actually this theory is what led me to this forum. A young girl I know was discussing coloring her hair blonde and Holly's disappearance came up. She lives in the area and FWIW decided to not go blonde. I just know the basics and reading about it is just confusing. And there is so much to read! I have tons of questions, but I am sure they have all been asked and answered here, so I will go back and read and read and read........

There are so many pretty blondes in Holly's area. IIRC, some of her friends are also blonde. What made the perp target Holly and the other girls BW mentions in his blog? If it is a serial predator, these girls must have something else in common besides their appearance, imo.

What could the connection be? I haven't followed the other cases except Karen Swift's so I don't have knowledge of their statuses.

Were they all in modelling, perhaps? Did they frequent any modelling sites or other?

Honestly, I don't think facebook is it.

There are so many pretty blondes in Holly's area. IIRC, some of her friends are also blonde. What made the perp target Holly and the other girls BW mentions in his blog? If it is a serial predator, these girls must have something else in common besides their appearance, imo.

What could the connection be? I haven't followed the other cases except Karen Swift's so I don't have knowledge of their statuses.

Were they all in modelling, perhaps? Did they frequent any modelling sites or other?

I also did not follow the other cases, but I too followed Karen closely. I don't think facebook has anything to do with it either. And they would have to have some kind of connection. It is strange you ask about modeling. The young girl I mentioned was telling me about modeling jobs she was offered through craig's list. She said there are some near the area, which shocked me because there is not a lot there. And yes, I let her know that "modeling" for someone on CL is not the thing to do.

I also did not follow the other cases, but I too followed Karen closely. I don't think facebook has anything to do with it either. And they would have to have some kind of connection. It is strange you ask about modeling. The young girl I mentioned was telling me about modeling jobs she was offered through craig's list. She said there are some near the area, which shocked me because there is not a lot there. And yes, I let her know that "modeling" for someone on CL is not the thing to do.

Good advice!!

<snipped for focus>
We have been told there were 4 calls to 911. I am trying to sleuth the timeline and in doing so means looking at people's actions, so don't think of this as bashing as much as staring into an abyss of confusion. KB claims to have made 2 of them, CB claims he was dialing 911 as he heard LE arriving at his home and there have been reports that the neighbor called KB or called 911 or both. The only thing I can tell from that is not one of these four 911 calls makes sense in the way it has been told. KB calls and gets the wrong county, so she calls 911 again to another county. The original 911 dispatcher couldn't/wouldn't connect her to the proper line? (was one of these calls a directly to the sheriff office?) CB dials (talks to a person?) 911 as LE is arriving and it is assumed that KB calls 911 before CB tries, but if so then KB has already called 911 (1 or 2 times) and tells CB to then call 911. I can think of scenarios where this all could happen.

It is interesting to note the eyewitness reaction is the opposite of his mothers, who is being given info second hand and the other oddity is when KB is making calls to 911, what exactly was CB doing? KB couldn't have known HB had left towards the woods until CB had told her and we know CB talked to KB before and after that. We also know that LE arrives within 10 minutes of HB heading to the woods, but the x factor in all of this is the neighbor and the fourth 911 call. Who-son or mother? When- was 911 called? Where- was the son and/or mother when the scream happen and when 911 was called. How- was 911 called, cell or land line? What- sequence of events led to either the son hearing a scream, telling his mother, calling 911 and then driving away, or the mother being told about a scream, calling KB, calling 911 and then going over to the home (how many of you would decide that after hearing screams that eventually warranted a call to 911 would then go over to your neighbor's house in the middle of a possible abduction with an unknown assailant? That is very gutsy for an older woman) Why- was 911 called by the neighbor in the first place?

I think a few of us wonder where that fourth 911 call comes from. If KB and the neighbor called 911 before CB did (it has never been confirmed he talked to 911, only dialed), then what in the world was happening at that house??? How the neighbor and that fourth call fit together is about as convoluted as the rest of the story is. If the neighbor first called 911 about the screams, then LE took a very long time to get there. If the neighbor called 911 in response to talking with KB, then it had to happen AFTER CB witnessed HB walking away and BEFORE going to the home as CB is dialing 911 (meaning that KB communicated with both the neighbor and CB and the neighbor called 911 before CB did).
The dragging comments were probably not the only part of the story that was drastically revised and at this point, would anyone here be surprised to find out parts of this story are completely fabricated? I know I wouldn't be.

Above quote respectfully snipped by me for focus on the (4) 911 calls made..
Below is snipped quote stating the origin of each of the (4) 911 calls made that morning..
Four 911 calls were made: one from the school, one from the neighbor, and two from Karen Bobo herself.
http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-holly...ay-she-vanished-20110722,0,3902086,full.story
Above quote snipped from above link(which are actually copy/pasted from my own personal Holly media archive saved over the course of the last 16months)

OK so now this IMO proves that as many of us have believed that there is no call to 911 from Clint(as in my personal timeline over the course of the last year has always remained consistent that Clint never made a 911 call that morning) ..
So, we have the family directly stating the origin of each of the (4) 911 calls are as follows:
1- 911 call placed from Karen's elementary school(non specific as to what individual made the actual call or what was reported to 911 by this individual at the school at this time<time assumed to be the first of the 4 911 calls made>)
2- 911 call placed by Cathy Wise, the Bobo neighbor who lives to the south of the property and who heard(and/or her son heard) the scream from the Bobo property approx 7:40am.
3- 911 call placed by Karen Bobo
4- 911 call placed by Karen Bobo

So, this info coming straight from the horses mouth tells us who the 4 callers were(atleast In a very general way they do) ..

For me personally while this may answer in very general terms the (4) 911 calls made within that very short amount of time that morning.. but it does, as usual open up only more questions than it does give us answers:crazy:..
The timeline as we know it is that Cathy Wise's grown adult son hears a scream from the Bobo property approximately 7:40am..he hears it as he's leaving his moms property(350yds south of Bobo home) on his way to work.. we know that he does nothing about it himself, but rather tells his mom about the scream and then heads on into work..

We know from there that according to the neighbor as well as Karen that the neighbor, Cathy Wise at some point very soon after 7:40am makes a phone call to Karen Bobo's place of employment, Scott's Elementary School(drive time 26mins away from Bobo home) ..Cathy speaks with the secretary of the school and asks that the secretary please relay to Karen that her/her son had just heard a scream from the Bobo home.. we also know that it is that school secretary that asks/tells neighbor, Cathy Wise to go over to the Bobo home to "check if everything/everyone is OK"..(this would have had to have been now several minutes after the scream of 7:40am.. noted for later discussion point) ..

So, as of now with what little we have to discern from we have not yet had any of the (4) 911 calls placed.. we've been told that Cathy Wise initial response was to first call Karen at school.. once that call was made with a message left to be given to Karen...did the school IMMEDIATELY DECIDE THIS INFORMATION WARRANTED A CALL TO 911? ..we don't have info stating such but one must wonder if this is when the initial 911 call was placed? ?.. if so when and how was it determined by the neighbor to also make a 911 call? ..because according to Karen the neighbor is who places the second of the (4) 911 calls...

We know that the secretary did in fact find Karen Bobo in the schools cafeteria at which time the secretary gives Karen the message re: the scream that the neighbor heard..

Question? Was this when Karen made her 1st 911 call? ..IMO no..

We have nothing, nor anyone stating that Karen Bobo called the neighbor, Cathy Wise after Karen having received the message regarding The scream.. what we do know is that Karen says that after receiving the msg and with her cell phone being in her classroom that she went to the library and used that phone to call home and speak with Clint.. Clint asks is Holly supposed to be at school because her car is still home and it appears that she and bf, Drew are out back of the house...Karen immediately corrects Clint and tells him it cannot be Drew and that yes Holly should be at school.. the phone conversation ends and it is at this point that IMO Karen makes the 1st of her two calls to 911..

IMO at this point Karen is having Terrie Bromley give her a ride home.. at some point while en route from school to home Karen again calls Clint(called from TB's cell due to the fact Karen left her cell behind in her classroom) ..it is in this second call to Clint that Clint tells mom he'd just seen Holly and who he believed to be Drew, Holly's bf walking toward treeline/woods outback.. this is when IMO Karen became at peak level of concern and panic and again told Clint that the man with his sister was NOT bf, Drew ...and mom immediately insisted for Clint to get gun and go after the man and his sister. . Karen abruptly hangs up after stating this to Clint.. IMO this is when Karen's makes her second call to 911, which IMO is also the fourth and final call that was made to 911 that morning.

Obviously still in question is when why and how the neighbors 911 call came to be.. its listed as the second of the four 911 calls made that morning.. with the first 911 originating from the elementary school I also wonder exactly who, when, and how it came to be and at what point it was decided to call 911.

Didnt we have someone just in the last day or so post that they distinctly recall video clip of the neighbor stating she called 911 that morning? ..KarenAnne, was it you that recalled this? ..if anyone knows or has link or transcript of this video clip of neighbor please post as I'd love to see it and have confirmation and possibly even a clearer picture of the timeline of the four 911 calls made that morning..

TiA:)

The only problem I have with the facebook theory is there are 800 million facebook users around the world. How would a perp target specific characteristics? It's not like he can sort them by let's say...show me all blonde women in the USA or show me all blue/green eyed girls. KWIM?

I don't know about MySpace or any other social networking sites. Would they allow this type of search? Is there a specific site that perhaps all these young ladies had in common besides facebook? What about dating sites? I think dating sites allow you more flexibility to search for what you're looking for, right?

I know what you mean, but there are other ways. When I had one I constantly had messages of someone I might know due to high school or college. All someone would have to do is make a profile with whatever age they wanted to be and from whatever town and he/she went to whatever HS/College and here come the notifications of people they might know. I think it was mentioned that Holly had over 700 friends on fb. Who has 700 friends? And actually knows them?

Personally, not keen on Bill Warner.

n/t- not directed at you at all, but at the website referenced.

Holly is not missing from the 'southern midwest.'
She's missing from Darden, TN.

(and btw, Bill Warner- whoever you are- please do not be mean. If you're going to be mean, at least be mean and knowledgeable.)
OK, off rant re: 'Bill Warner'!

I've kinda wondered about the modeling thing. Sometime last fall I was looking for any new info I could find and I ran across a ton of pics of Holly. Different hairstyles, laying down with hair fanned out. I wouldn't say they were seductive, just a lot of different poses. I thought at the time that she sure likes her picture to be taken and I wondered if any of it could fit. Like maybe she put a pic of herself on a modeling site or something? Didn't her cousin that resembles her do some modeling? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member