TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FBI Press Conference on Adam Mayes Shooting

OT: Thanks Foxfire. That was the case i was referring to, although the specific interview was a slightly different one.

Now, assuming the facts that have been reported are accurate, I am curious, how many of the theories simply don't fit the facts. In other words, in order to make a given theory work, how many existing facts have to be ignored and how many new facts have to be added in order to make that theory work. My personal belief is the more facts you have to disregard or the more facts you have to add, the less likely that theory is to be true.

This is a great approach.

The only problem will be voting on what is agreed to be a fact or not. There were quite a few statements made in interviews as well as articles, but I think we may have disagreements on whether certain things that were stated are true or not. I do like this approach to narrow down the theories though.

I vote for 21. But I may change the word in that one from cant to wont.

See 34, #1032 for "Wheel in the Sky" reference.

Many thanks wfgodot. I take those posts to wonder if Holly got caught up in a drug ring somehow. Is that what I should take out of all of that? If so, I would slide 19A in there with 9 and 2 on my list.

This is a great approach.

The only problem will be voting on what is agreed to be a fact or not. There were quite a few statements made in interviews as well as articles, but I think we may have disagreements on whether certain things that were stated are true or not. I do like this approach to narrow down the theories though.

I vote for 21. But I may change the word in that one from cant to wont.

Thanks Hatfield. Regarding your thoughts on 21 and changing the words, I am wondering if you can expound on your theory at all. Wanting to switch the word to won't, should I take that to mean they won't because they don't have enough evidence, because it involves someone influential, because of fear? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts and what leads you to thinking this option.

Many thanks wfgodot. I take those posts to wonder if Holly got caught up in a drug ring somehow. Is that what I should take out of all of that? If so, I would slide 19A in there with 9 and 2 on my list.
Drugs are definitely (maybe) in the picture here in the 2 view.

34 #1032 was referring to an ~n/t~ post earlier when she was musing aloud: "Wheels in my head keep on turning"; Foxfire was responding to the "is that a song?" question. However, the subconscience works in mysterious ways!

Could someone please provide MSM and/or LE based links in a concise list to any possible drug connections to Holly's case? Not generalities- just links. TIA if anyone has this handy.

Thanks Hatfield. Regarding your thoughts on 21 and changing the words, I am wondering if you can expound on your theory at all. Wanting to switch the word to won't, should I take that to mean they won't because they don't have enough evidence, because it involves someone influential, because of fear? I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts and what leads you to thinking this option.

It's just the opinion I got based on seeing the very first interview and then watching all the subsequent interviews. It just didnt seem like there was a sincere effort to find anyone after the Easter item was found. IMO, it just seems to me that they probably already know the how and the who, and are choosing to just let it go. I may be totally wrong of course.

As far as why they are choosing that....that is a tough one and can go one of 2 ways or maybe even a 3rd or 4th way. I am just taking a wild guess that it could be either someone they know as a very close friend or relative and are choosing to forgive them for something that got way out of hand/loss of control type thing (OR) it could be the "powerful drug connection thing" where the people involved are so high up in the town, that they are immune.

if you start with the things we know for sure and work your way down it may not be necessary to vote on whether everyone believes certain things are fact. start with - "holly was abducted around 7:45am" and see if any of the outside-the-box guesses don't work with that. then go to "neighbors heard a scream" or whatever thing we know best works. keep eliminating until you've only got a few options left. jmo.

Oh, almost forgot - the "rogue Calabrese" theory.

It's just the opinion I got based on seeing the very first interview and then watching all the subsequent interviews. It just didnt seem like there was a sincere effort to find anyone after the Easter item was found. IMO, it just seems to me that they probably already know the how and the who, and are choosing to just let it go. I may be totally wrong of course.

As far as why they are choosing that....that is a tough one and can go one of 2 ways or maybe even a 3rd or 4th way. I am just taking a wild guess that it could be either someone they know as a very close friend or relative and are choosing to forgive them for something that got way out of hand/loss of control type thing (OR) it could be the "powerful drug connection thing" where the people involved are so high up in the town, that they are immune.

Not to agree or disagree, but more of a devil's advocate...There had been talk prior to Easter that local searches would be stopped or scaled back to as needed. This was announced before the Easter find. Regarding your first guess about forgiving, the Bobo's wouldn't have a say in it. Even if they want to forgive and forget, if LE believes a crime was committed and has enough evidence, they will proceed. Regarding the second, it's a possibility but are we aware of anything connecting Holly with drugs or higher ups or even drugs to the higher ups in town? Just trying to hash it out. Again, not saying right or wrong, just trying to think it all out. Thanks again.

I took a quick look through the names on the first link and didn't see any that stand out to me. I'm wondering if any that have been following this case longer recognize any of the names and if they have any connection to Holly.
The first one - the press release - didn't appear to be Parsons/Darden-specific - more likely suppliers from larger cities who might front the drugs on down the line to dealers in smaller communities.

Could someone please provide MSM and/or LE based links in a concise list to any possible drug connections to Holly's case? Not generalities- just links. TIA if anyone has this handy.
I wish you good luck in trying to find any arrest reports from the area, you would be lucky to find any MSM source to any crimes committed in that county. In fact to go one step further, if you check the TBI website they do not list HB as missing and if you view the crime statistics provided on the website, it actually shows that there are no missing people from Decatur county in the year 2011.
There are a handful of incident reports (burglary mostly) available to the public among the aprox. 500~ crimes committed in the county in 2011 (according to TBI). It is painfully obvious this area keeps everything in house and sweeps it all under the rug. The other side of the coin is there is little to no media interest in the happenings of the area, so they are allowed to operate in this manner. Nobody is watching the watchers.
If you look at the 2nd link that wfgodot provided, one would have to wonder what the point of the article was. Federal agents showed up at a home, one witness claims that there were enough agents on the property that no more could fit. The response given by LE was to the effect of nothing to see here folks, move along. There was no follow up to it.
All I can provide you with in this matter is an interesting quote from the county sheriff.
He (sheriff) noted that Decatur County has the same problems as most other counties in Tennessee. “As much as 86-90 per cent of our crime is drug-related,” he said. http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=3593

Not to agree or disagree, but more of a devil's advocate...There had been talk prior to Easter that local searches would be stopped or scaled back to as needed.......

I appreciate the nice way in how you asked, but I really don't want to try and convince anybody of how I arrived at my opinions, as I disagree with myself even a lot.....LOL

I just wish she would be found. I do like the outside search groups coming in lately. I do feel it will take an outside group of some sort to break this case.

I appreciate the nice way in how you asked, but I really don't want to try and convince anybody of how I arrived at my opinions, as I disagree with myself even a lot.....LOL
I generally go with coin-flips, stichomancy, and dartboards to form my theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500