TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish you good luck in trying to find any arrest reports from the area, you would be lucky to find any MSM source to any crimes committed in that county. In fact to go one step further, if you check the TBI website they do not list HB as missing and if you view the crime statistics provided on the website, it actually shows that there are no missing people from Decatur county in the year 2011.
There are a handful of incident reports (burglary mostly) available to the public among the aprox. 500~ crimes committed in the county in 2011 (according to TBI). It is painfully obvious this area keeps everything in house and sweeps it all under the rug. The other side of the coin is there is little to no media interest in the happenings of the area, so they are allowed to operate in this manner. Nobody is watching the watchers.
If you look at the 2nd link that wfgodot provided, one would have to wonder what the point of the article was. Federal agents showed up at a home, one witness claims that there were enough agents on the property that no more could fit. The response given by LE was to the effect of nothing to see here folks, move along. There was no follow up to it.
All I can provide you with in this matter is an interesting quote from the county sheriff.
He (sheriff) noted that Decatur County has the same problems as most other counties in Tennessee. “As much as 86-90 per cent of our crime is drug-related,” he said. http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=3593

http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRARticle.asp?ID=3593
snipped BM...

He noted that Decatur County has the same problems as most other counties in Tennessee. “As much as 86-90 per cent of our crime is drug-related,” he said.

Overall, the crime rate is not that bad. “We are probably a little below the national average,” he said.

The 65-year-old sheriff said he does not know for sure if he will seek another term in four years. He laughed,

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/jun/28/americas-silent-disaster/?partner=RSS

'America's silent disaster:' Mysteries of the missing
FBI: More than 1,100 'active' missing-persons cases in Tennessee; exact number unknown

By Jim Balloch
Posted June 28, 2009 at midnight...

In 2010, TN lead the Nation in illegal Meth Lab Busts.. Decatur Co., leads TN in the illegal Meth Lab busts. As many as 100 illegal meth labs were located during the first two weeks of the Holly Bobo search.. Two side effects of meth use are weight loss and increase of labido... Do the math...folks..

There seems to be the common denominator of methamphetamine use/abuse. From Pastors to Politicians, seems no one is excluded. Meth seems to be the catalyst for psychopaths to act out their fantasies, and create new psychopathic tendencies in otherwise normal personalities..

Just my opinion and observations, IMPondering..
Wished some of our more studied members would contribute their thoughts on the possible Meth connection..

Blame the brain: Psychopaths are wired differently

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/scie...ifferently/632

The same reward system in the brain that hooks people to drugs might also explain why some people act like psychopaths.

We know that cold-blooded criminals lack empathy and fear — and are, by societal standards, a bit odd. But new research shows that it is not the traits that psychopaths lack that make them behave badly, it’s the traits that they do have. Not only are psychopaths impulsive, they like to take risks and seek out rewards.

So-called psychopathic traits have been linked to a disruption in the dopamine reward circuitry in the brain. And it is this disruption that drives psychopaths to want money, sex, or fame, in extreme ways.

First, we got a sample of these community volunteers. Then we measured their psychopathic inventory by giving them a personality test to measure psychopathic traits [ranging from manipulativeness, egocentricity, aggression and risk taking].

We gave them speed. And used positron emission tomography, or PET, to measure dopamine levels in the brain.

The people who scored higher on the measure of psychopathic traits, showed higher dopamine levels in brain reward regions after we gave them the drug.

* What’s next?

We’d like to do a study of incarcerated psychopaths to see if they show similar brain patterns.

_From the comment section__of this Study -says it best -_____________________________

RE: Blame the brain: Psychopaths are wired differently

There's a lot more to it than that. Psycopaths (now often coyly
labelled sociopaths) are the only real persons, places, things, in
their world. The rest of us are figments of their imagination, in
effect, to be manipulated and used in anyway appropriate and
convenient to their needs. If they believe it to be ultimately useful
to their purposes to be kind and generous and considerate towards
someone, they will -- without limit, if helpful to their ends -- or
if they believe it to be more convenient to destroy someone, they
will. There is no such thing as truth or lies external to them --
which explains why such persons can readily pass lie detector tests,
for example.
A quasi-religious psychiatrist I knew said they were born without
souls. A philosopher long ago came to literally believe that there
are people in this world who are actually not really human beings,
but who absolutely emulate the real thing and are basically
impossible to recognize as non-human. I think he was trying to
explain the psychopath.

I generally go with coin-flips, stichomancy, and dartboards to form my theories.

'Me too, wfgodot'.. Problem is, after years of coin flips.. Just noticed that it was a two headed coin...

http://tn.gov/environment/dor/pdf/quarantined.pdf

TDEC Registry of Properties under Order of Quarantine
Pursuant to T.C.A. 68-212-509 (b) - The Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC) shall maintain a registry of all properties
reported by a law enforcement agency that have been under order of quarantine for at least sixty (60) days. The registry shall be available for
public inspection at the department and shall be posted on its website. Listed properties shall be removed from the registry when a law
enforcement agency reports that the quarantine has been lifted in accordance with this part.
Clandestine Methamphetamine Lab (CML) Quarantine Statistics

'Me too, wfgodot'.. Problem is, after years of coin flips.. Just noticed that it was a two headed coin...
I use a counterfeit 1933 U.S. quarter acquired along the way.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=722695#.UGTmCo2PUTY
Missouri has regained an unwanted claim to fame. An Associated Press survey revealed the Show-Me State is back in the #1 spot for meth lab seizures.

In 2011, Missouri had 2,096 busts. Tennessee came in second with 1,687 followed by Indiana, Kentucky and Oklahoma.

The numbers show meth is not just a problem in Missouri, but the nation’s heartland as a whole.

The total for Missouri lines up with preliminary numbers AP obtained this week from the Drug Enforcement Administration, whose data appeared to show meth lab seizures remained about even during the past two years. But the totals for each of the other states surveyed by AP reveal the numbers are higher than the federal data.

Between the AP survey and information from the DEA, numbers indicate meth lab seizures nationwide rose at least 8.3% from 2010 to 2011.

Missouri had been the nation’s top meth-producing state every year from 2003-2009, but fell to Tennessee in 2010...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-01-21/murder-meth-capital/52726822/1

FRESNO, California (AP) – When a 23-year-old Fresno woman fatally shot her two toddlers and a cousin, critically wounded her husband then turned the gun on herself last Sunday, investigators immediately suspected methamphetamine abuse in what otherwise was inexplicable carnage. It turned out the mother had videotaped herself smoking meth hours before the shooting.

Could someone please provide MSM and/or LE based links in a concise list to any possible drug connections to Holly's case? Not generalities- just links. TIA if anyone has this handy.

Oriah, respectively can you provide any links from MS Media that points to a motive or Suspect/POI in the Holly Bobo abduction after over seventeen months?

Luv irony...The counterfeit 1933 US quarter, if made of silver is worth over $8.50 on today's market...
Not sure what this is made from - lead perhaps. It's a cheap imitation, a shopkeeper would have to be very busy not to spot it. Also have a nickel which looks a bit better.

I appreciate the nice way in how you asked, but I really don't want to try and convince anybody of how I arrived at my opinions, as I disagree with myself even a lot.....LOL

I just wish she would be found. I do like the outside search groups coming in lately. I do feel it will take an outside group of some sort to break this case.

No worries Hatfield. After I posted that, I wondered if it was even possible without violating some TOS. Just so you know, I wasn't necessarily looking to be convinced, but rather just hash out various hypotheticals. The problem with having so little information is that it leaves so many possibilities so I end up disagreeing with myself as well, or certainly flip flopping on my thoughts.

Agree with you completely on the last paragraph. Hopefully, the encouraging thing from the links that wf posted is that the Feds certainly aren't afraid to come in and knock some heads around.

I generally go with coin-flips, stichomancy, and dartboards to form my theories.

BBM Ok, had to go sleuth the meaning. The dictionary didn't help me understand but then it came to me in the lyrics to an REO Speedwagon song. :floorlaugh:

BBM Ok, had to go sleuth the meaning. The dictionary didn't help me understand but then it came to me in the lyrics to an REO Speedwagon song. :floorlaugh:
Usually referred to as bibliomancy. Stichomancy's the clever first cousin.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=722695#.UGTmCo2PUTY
Missouri has regained an unwanted claim to fame. An Associated Press survey revealed the Show-Me State is back in the #1 spot for meth lab seizures.

In 2011, Missouri had 2,096 busts. Tennessee came in second with 1,687 followed by Indiana, Kentucky and Oklahoma.

The numbers show meth is not just a problem in Missouri, but the nation’s heartland as a whole.

The total for Missouri lines up with preliminary numbers AP obtained this week from the Drug Enforcement Administration, whose data appeared to show meth lab seizures remained about even during the past two years. But the totals for each of the other states surveyed by AP reveal the numbers are higher than the federal data.

Between the AP survey and information from the DEA, numbers indicate meth lab seizures nationwide rose at least 8.3% from 2010 to 2011.

Missouri had been the nation’s top meth-producing state every year from 2003-2009, but fell to Tennessee in 2010...

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-01-21/murder-meth-capital/52726822/1

FRESNO, California (AP) – When a 23-year-old Fresno woman fatally shot her two toddlers and a cousin, critically wounded her husband then turned the gun on herself last Sunday, investigators immediately suspected methamphetamine abuse in what otherwise was inexplicable carnage. It turned out the mother had videotaped herself smoking meth hours before the shooting.

I was going to say, I knew we had meth problems here in Missouri, particularly Franklin and Jefferson County. Link to article about "Methbusters" being filmed in Franklin County.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/330429/3/Reality-show-featuring-Franklin-Countys-meth-addiction

And of course:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0831391/

Oriah, respectively can you provide any links from MS Media that points to a motive or Suspect/POI in the Holly Bobo abduction after over seventeen months?

I didn't see any beyond believing the person is local or familiar with the area.

If we stuck with what was known and published, we'd still be debating whether to call it Holly's lunch box, her lunch bag, or her lunch purse.

Here are those theories - keep them coming, btw.

Theories since sarx's 09/22 call for theories:

01. The "Boyfriend, afraid of losing her"
02. The "Holly knew too much"
03. The "In town, just passing through"
04. The "Girlfriend got jealous"
05. The "Holly ran away on her own"
06. The "Rogue LE"
07. The "Sibling involvement"
08. The "Holly's girlfriend's boyfriend cheated"
09. The "Retribution against a family member"
10. The "Accidental death w/cover-up"
11. The "Preacher, brimming with passion"
12. The "Rogue spokespastor"
13. The "Victim of a serial offender"
14. The "Knew her though churchwork"
15. The "Kidnapped her to keep her"
16. The "Rogue coon hunter"
17. The "Man who tossed Drew and his dad off the property"
18. The "Secret twin rogue brother"
19. The "Wheel in the sky keeps on turning" - wait, that's not one
19. The "Random hunter who stumbled across the Bobo property"
20. The "Known stalker"
21. The "They know who dunnit but can't close the deal"
22. The "Mountain man who eluded the bloodhounds"
23. The "Those pesky aliens in their UFOs"
24. The "Bigfoot in full turkey camo"
25. The "Odd person who leaves little messages"
26. The "Fell victim to human trafficking"
27. The "Rogue militia"
28. The "Masonic cabal"
29. The "Rogue Calabrese"
30. The "Cabin 16"

That is one bizarre list. I think we are certainly outside the box and into some advanced geometry now. I did like the idea of picking a trifecta though, i'm going to go with 21, 20 and a variation of 13, maybe not quite a serial offender, but a mentally unstable person.

21 seems to be the most popular number used with a combination of others. I had that one. An out of the box exacta bet: 15 and 16. Long odds on that one.

21 seems to be the most popular number used with a combination of others. I had that one. An out of the box exacta bet: 15 and 16. Long odds on that one.

With Karens extremely quick reaction, I suspect the family, 1 or all members had been threatened prior. Once Clint told Karen that holly had been taken out to the woods with drew, karen, faster than a bullet knew holly was in danger!
Jmo

With Karens extremely quick reaction, I suspect the family, 1 or all members had been threatened prior. Once Clint told Karen that holly had been taken out to the woods with drew, karen, faster than a bullet knew holly was in danger!
Jmo

I agree. I have tried to put myself in Karen's position, receiving a phone call that there was a scream at my house. There are a lot of scenarios associated with a scream that are not an abduction.

Feel free to add one.

1. An accident of some sort where someone is injured.
2. Startled by some kind of animal, skunk, rat, etc.
3. ?

Did Karen fall to her knees with the news of the scream or was it
after Clint said Holly was with Drew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads