TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long did it take to get searchers into the woods? I bet that was at least an hour after she disappeared...they had to take brother's story again, etc..the lapse of however many minutes until calls came in, and the time to drive out there by LE...it could all add up to 45 minutes to an hour...or longer.

Seems funny that I haven't thought of this before... but maybe she knew the guy and he offered to carry her to school? That's why she took all her stuff with her? The last time she was seen is described in two ways: She was "forcibly led by the arm" into the woods in "fear of her life," but at the same time nothing was suspicious enough to notify authorities until her car was found still in it's place and a small amount of blood? I feel like one of these reports is inaccurate, and it would help to know which one was. If they were merely talking by the woods, she might have taken a ride with him. He could have said, "My 4wheeler is right here. I'll take us back to my truck/car and I'll take you to school."

While I know that it is not a probabilty, we have to understand that no one knows everything about their loved one/friend/relative. When I was that age, I had a boyfriend (or 2 :blush:) that no one knew about but me. (and they still don't. :shush:)

Personally i think he had a Knife or a gun. JMO

she has to get to school she has test she is not going to wander off into the woods unless someone MADE her!

If you look at the map someone provided,it would be very easy to walk from the pond to the house. there would also be a small entry road, probably dirt, to the pond and itwould have been hard to spot a vehicle, or he woulda thought it was kinda hidden, there.Also, as much rain as that area had in those days she was abducted, it would have been easy to see the vehicle tracks, and her tracks there.

Hi JustMe42,

Are you close to the area?

HI everyone :seeya:
If the neighbor called @ 7:30AM after I'm assuming hearing her scream & then brother called @ 7:43AM after finding blood, that is definately NOT an hour later as earlier reported. If suspect went into woods, he only had about a 15 min. head start. I wonder what time the cops got there?

CHARLISA, Hi.

Not necessarily; we don't know what time Clint looked out the window and saw Holly and her abductor....it could have been 7:00 or 7:15 am..so it could be a lot longer than 1/2...i believe, please don't hold my feet the fire...LE arrived around 7:58 a.m. It would also help if we knew what time Mom went to work and if she saw anything/anyone unusual.....and what time Holly normally leaves for class......

JMO

I've seen several people theorize that maybe she was hit with something before being led into the woods.

The one thing that I can't wrap my head around is that she took the lunch box into the woods with her. It would seem strange that she would get hit/stabbed, and still hold on to the lunch box and take it with her into the woods. That's in addition to whatever else she may have been carrying (books, purse, etc.)

Thoughts?

P.S.
This seems like a nice place...glad I found it!:woohoo:

I agree, you'd think anything she was carrying would be dropped if she was under duress, also, if she was led to believe there was an accident in the woods, one would normally put everything down before heading out to help. I'm a nurse, if there is an emergency I don't carry unnecessary things with me. Also, when someone is very scared they may clutch on to what they are carrying because it is familiar? comforting? or they just do. So there we have it, there is no reason she hung onto her things, she just did. But, I do think it rules out an emergency she thought may have been going on. In that case you you drop your lunchbag etc.

Just wanted to Welcome all of our new members. Glad to have ya with us!!!

:welcome4:

Personally i think he had a Knife or a gun. JMO

she has to get to school she has test she is not going to wander off into the woods unless someone MADE her!

but at the same time, we don't know (we meaning us at WS) what time she had the test, or whether her school hours were normal for that day.

I would sometimes have a test scheduled for 10am, when my regular class started at 8. (I am also a nurse, albeit an RN and not an LPN.)

thanks for these.

Do you recall if these times are from news articles or pressers?

I don't know if I'm smarter yet, (LOL - probably not), but I'm still thinking about the timeline.

Verifying these times with the source we found them from might be helpful for the thread in general.

My info came from facebook.. so????????
It was the good FB page though.. not the icky one

I just wanted to point out something regarding the boyfriend's FB. Not only has noone posted on his wall since Holly has been missing...but noone has EVER posted on his wall. Most likely, his settings keep all of the wall posts hidden and he is the only one who can see them. He may have done this because his grandmother (I think that's who she is) is on his FB.

MOO

Do we need to post a link to the facebook page if a post is paraphrasing information from it? I thought that was the case. anyhow, could i get the link to the facebook page being discussed in the post I quoted? This same facebook page was also being discussed by a few other posters just prior to this one. thanks.

thanks for these.

Do you recall if these times are from news articles or pressers?

I don't know if I'm smarter yet, (LOL - probably not), but I'm still thinking about the timeline.

Verifying these times with the source we found them from might be helpful for the thread in general.

Emma,

I listened to this this morning or yesterday...all beginning to run together..think the Sheriff has some times......

http://www.jacksonsun.com/videonetwork/903287890001/JS-Video-Sheriff-Wyatt-Kidnapping

I just wanted to point out something regarding the boyfriend's FB. Not only has noone posted on his wall since Holly has been missing...but noone has EVER posted on his wall. Most likely, his settings keep all of the wall posts hidden and he is the only one who can see them. He may have done this because his grandmother (I think that's who she is) is on his FB.

MOO

If he had his FB wall set to private, you wouldn't see the Wall tab at all. I know that for a fact since I have some people set up that way. :)

Okay here comes another, maybe two, question :loser:

I've read in a few posts that its hunting season....which could explain why the brother wasn't surprised to see someone in camo, but isn't the Bobo property private? I know its been said the BF hunts there, but would it be normal for random people to hunt there as well.

I'm wondering if the guy approached her as a "lost hunter" and asked for directions (could explain why she was talking to him). A hunter would definitely know the area and be able to escape on foot.

Interesting, too... that someone here commented a few days ago that Holly had gone from 624 friends to 621 on FB. For some reason, if you do a google image search, there's an image from further back (screen shot) and Holly has 627 friends. I hope LE is checking these friends who have dropped off.

Thanks to everyone for the time frames and Eileen730 for the map. I noticed that most of the searches appeared to be North and East of her home, is that because of where the lunch box was found? Sorry for all the questions today, but I can't figure out why LE has picked those search areas? If the suspect "had to have known the area" he could be anywhere, anywhich way.

Exactlyyyyyyyyyyy. Its all forrest!!!! Trees TRees Trees...

Water tooo!

I've seen several people theorize that maybe she was hit with something before being led into the woods.

The one thing that I can't wrap my head around is that she took the lunch box into the woods with her. It would seem strange that she would get hit/stabbed, and still hold on to the lunch box and take it with her into the woods. That's in addition to whatever else she may have been carrying (books, purse, etc.)

Thoughts?

P.S.
This seems like a nice place...glad I found it!:woohoo:

Conrad Creek Rd is where the google map posted here has as the location where the mystery car may have been found. Bordering it is a creek that dumps into the main river.

Also depending on the time of lunch container she had it's possible it drifted in the creek. It's ending location may not have been it's dumped location and I hope police have accounted for the possibility it drifted downstream in the rains at x rate.

Okay here comes another, maybe two, question :loser:

I've read in a few posts that its hunting season....which could explain why the brother wasn't surprised to see someone in camo, but isn't the Bobo property private? I know its been said the BF hunts there, but would it be normal for random people to hunt there as well.

I'm wondering if the guy approached her as a "lost hunter" and asked for directions (could explain why she was talking to him). A hunter would definitely know the area and be able to escape on foot.

It is spring turkey season. Even if not, Camo is normal clothing here. I don't think the perp, assuming it is a guy, tried to trick her by some made up story. His "trick" was his familarity.

If he was leading her, i.e. touching her, she either knew him pretty well or he had a gun or knife...

I know this is going to sound stupid, but I wonder why the brother was looking out the window? I mean, it was around 7ish in the morning. Did he just randomly look outside? It all seems so strange to me. If you saw your little sis walking into the woods with someone when you knew she was supposed to be going to school then wouldn't you kind of keep checking every few minutes to make sure she had left, etc? I guess what I'm getting at is that he happened to randomly look outside when she was being lead into the woods but didn't check again to see if her car was gone?

Interesting, too... that someone here commented a few days ago that Holly had gone from 624 friends to 621 on FB. For some reason, if you do a google image search, there's an image from further back (screen shot) and Holly has 627 friends. I hope LE is checking these friends who have dropped off.

Okay....I know this is a small community and everyone knows everyone, but who really has over 600 "FRIENDS"? I can pretty much guarantee some of those are random people that saw a pretty face and sent a friend's request. I would def be checking her FB for someone she may have met online...

but at the same time, we don't know (we meaning us at WS) what time she had the test, or whether her school hours were normal for that day.

I would sometimes have a test scheduled for 10am, when my regular class started at 8. (I am also a nurse, albeit an RN and not an LPN.)

no we dont...i just remember someone saying she had exams that day i cant remember where i saw that Im probably wrong lol ill have to go look around..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member