TN TN - Jennifer Wix, 22, & Adrianna Wix, 2, Cross Plains, 24 March 2004 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
dannyodie said:
the search effort for jennifer wix was cancelled yesterday, the benton family has changed there mind to not allow the searchers to come onto the property, this puts a lot of eyes back on that family. why would they not allow that? do they have something to hide? mrs holloway to say the least is very upset with all of this. had the search taken place and nothing was found then we could go elsewhere to search, that property was the last known place that the two girls were known to be..

I don't know anything at all about this sort of thing, but because of the possible involvement of 'local authorities' with a cover-up, couldn't the family contact the FBI? IF local authorities aren't even searching the last known property where the victims were seen, there is definitely something wrong! If it were me and I wasn't getting local authorities to do anything, I'd be raising heck with letters, phone calls, contacting radio stations and tv stations. I wouldn't stop until someone listened to me. I'd contact State Reps, Congressmen, EVERY agency I could whether they looked for 'missing' or not, just to try to get attention and a response.

Good luck and God Bless.

FWIW
fran

If LE believes there is reason to search the property - why dont they attempt to get a search warrant. The the owners will not be able to say no then.

I pray that these two are found soon.

lisag, I understand from kathy holloway that some days after the two went missing that the robertson co sheriff dept search only a small, small amount of the property, I believe that it was done only around the two dwellings that they would normally be around, they used a dog from the metro police dept from nashville and spent no more than 30 minutes on the property and found nothing. there is 80 acres of land there to search much of it is thick wooded areas, and not many other homes around close by. the sheriff dept is dragging there feet and claim that they are going to search again but have not said when, I doubt it will be anytime soon, if they do it will most likely be after all the leaves fall from the trees, I think that the only dogs this county has is drug dogs, so if a cadaber dog is too be used it will be borrowed. you see someone in the sheriff dept in that county is buddy buddy with the bentons and are trying to keep them from being exposed of any possible wrong doings. joey benton, " the boyfriend " just this past year was arrested for dui or something like that, he was put in the back of a highway patrol car and he kicked the back window out of it while handcuffed, they had to hog tie him to keep him in control, this guy is a real creep, no job, no life, he drinks robatussin cough syrup for his high. sorry for such a long post, I could go on and on with this but it only makes me more and more upset to think that the le is not doing the job that they are enlisted to do. the following is the email that was sent out to me and others after mrs holloway learned that the bentons had discussed with the sheriffs office about the upcoming search this saturday, they are the ones that put a stop to it, whats up with that? these people aren't beginners by any means, they are the ones that le call out when they are needed for searching for lost people and such, they are the volunteer rescue squad and the volunteer tennessee emergency managment group. please read on to see mrs holloways email to me. Hello Everyone,

I have TERRIBLE news!!

THE GRID SEARCH THIS WEEKEND HAS BEEN CANCELED!!!!

I received a call tonight that was very disheartening and disappointing! We had previously received permission from the Benton family where Jennifer and Adrianna were last seen to come on their property to begin the search but today they changed their minds. According to them, after speaking with the Robertson County Sheriff Department. This is the logical place for the search to begin since this is the last place they were seen and for any dog to pick up their scent.

Needless to say, I am OUTRAGED!!! I find it absolutely ridiculous that the police would not work with the professional people of Emergency Management to do a thorough search of the area where two people were last seen six months ago, one of them being a helpless two year old baby. The citizens of this county should also feel my anger, due to the fact that by cooperating with these search efforts Robertson County would not have to spend any tax payers money and would be doing their job to be as efficient as possible in investigating my children's disappearance. Everyone should think of this and how it could effect you personally should you ever find yourselves in my familles position.

I pledge to you this, I WILL NOT SIT BY AND DO NOTHING AND ALLOW THIS TYPE THING TO CONTINUE IN THIS COMMUNITY!!!! I WILL NOT STOP LOOKING FOR MY CHILDREN!!! If I can possibly get volunteers gathered again in the near future we will still try to search the surrounding area in Owens Chapel. The leaves will begin to fall soon and this ploy did nothing but delay our efforts by two or three more weeks on a search that SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE ALMOST SIX MONTHS AGO!

Please remember that Jennifer and Adrianna will have been missing for six months this Saturday and pray for them to be found soon and that we will soon find a PUBLIC, ELECTED OFFICIAL that will CARE ENOUGH to help us soon.

Thank you all for your offers of help and support in the search that now WILL NOT TAKE PLACE.

Don't forget, this is not the end of the search, by no means, we still need people to help in other ways, like handing out flyers, mass e-mailing, advertising opportunities, fundraising and many other things. Anyone who will help, please stay in touch. PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP ON JENNIFER AND ADRIANNA !!!

Kathy Holloway
Mother and Grandmother of Jennifer and Adrianna Wix
www.missingwixchildren.homestead.com

I wonder if the family can get an attorney who would take the case and file some sort of suit against the boyfriend, his family, and the police department. I'm glad that they aren't giving up, and hope that they are getting help and guidance with which authorities to now contact with complaints. Daily relentless complaints, phone calls, etc. should be done by many people to anyone and everyone who might listen. It's ridiculous that people with only an 80 acre farm would be so influential. That county must be very corrupt because the boyfriend is obviously the top suspect.

I wish that my family could afford an attorney. We could really use one, for advice and guidance. I have tried to find someone who would do some pro bono work but have not been succesful. At this time we are just not in the :twocents: position to hire anyone. It's funny how if you are a criminal you can get a free attorney at my tax dollars expense and if you just need help, well.................... :banghead: If anyone know anyone that could help with this, please let me know.

Please continue to keep Jennifer and Adrianna in your thoughts and prayers. We have had no news at all.

Jennifer and Adrianna are still in my prayers, I really am sorry you have had no news. I wish I knew someone that could help you.

:mad: I have two suggestions-one is to contact the FBI and give them the entire sad story-since it appears that on some level that local LE is at least tacitly avoiding their responsibilities to do a full and complete investigation into Jennifer and Adrianna's disappearances that it's time a "higher authority" took a good, hard look at what been done(and not done!). My second suggestion is that the family contact John Edwards(yes THAT John Edwards!). Even though most of his legal work over the years involved product liability cases, he mostly took cases where children were involved. He maybe able to give the family some names of attorneys in their area that would be willing to work with them on a pro-bono basis( and TN isn't that far from NC). These suggestions are strictly my own-after reading all the posts in this thread and finding additional news bites on the internet, it appears it's time to start REALLY playing hardball with LE and the boyfriend. In addition, "America's Most Wanted" may also be interested in this case-and national exposure could only assist in bringing about a resolution to this painful state of affairs :banghead: BRING MAURA HOME!BRING MAURA HOME!

Thank you for your suggestions and for signing our guest book.

I have been in contact with the FBI and our TBI, neither will take the case. The FBI says that it is not a Federal case and the TBI says that they have to be invited by the county police and that they believe that local le is doing a fine and thourough investigation.
I have sent several letters to AMW, one that was endorsed by an FBI agent and have yet to hear a response from them.

I have not thought of John Edwards, I will definetly try him. Thanks for the great suggestions and thank you for following the girls case. We need people like you.
www.missingwixchildren.homestead.com

Well I have talked to the FBI again, and the two agents that I spoke with, assure me that they will make some calls and look into some things, but will not committ to opening an investigation, at this time. Basically he said that all the police have to go on is what the boyfriend told them and unfortunatly he used the most common and generic description of any car that there is. They pretty much need for someone to come forward that knows something. He admits that we may never know what happened. Can you believe it? How discouraging. I am going to give them one week and then call back again. I have to find a way for LE to begin looking at this as more of a criminal investigation and doing some real police work. As I have been told several times by LE, I watch too much TV. But I do know this the LE I have been dealing with need to watch more themselves, I believe that it should be required for training purposes. There is more that can be done and I know that, I do not have to watch TV to know that.

Please remember Jennifer and Adrianna and all of our family as you gather together with your families this Thanksgiving day and pray that we find a way to get through the Holidays and that God guide the girls home.

and your family. And if LE is telling you that you watch too much TV then they need a refresher in basic LE-that is that the the simplest, most straightforward path is most often the correct one. Also that in missing person cases that the person who ADMITS to seeing the missing last is usually the one who caused them to go missing in the first place! Stick to your convictions and trust your gut-and keep finding ways to lean on both local LE and the FBI to keep the story out there and the pressure on! My prayers are with you :banghead:

BRING MAURA HOME!

Wishing Jennifer and Adrianna's family Happy Thanksgiving. There is nothing I can do but I will light a candle for them at mass on thanksgiving day. I just know you will get an answer to this some day.

fran said:
I don't know anything at all about this sort of thing, but because of the possible involvement of 'local authorities' with a cover-up, couldn't the family contact the FBI? IF local authorities aren't even searching the last known property where the victims were seen, there is definitely something wrong! If it were me and I wasn't getting local authorities to do anything, I'd be raising heck with letters, phone calls, contacting radio stations and tv stations. I wouldn't stop until someone listened to me. I'd contact State Reps, Congressmen, EVERY agency I could whether they looked for 'missing' or not, just to try to get attention and a response.

Good luck and God Bless.

FWIW
fran
Fran is right - State Representatives and Congressmen, where the hell are you? Any TV personalities out there willing to "take this on?"

I was completely shocked while reading up on this case, that nothing has been done by the "authorities".

This is very sad and disheartening - The Benton's are obviously in control here - WHY? 80 Acre's equals what amount of money in Tenn? Not much -

Yet why are these people- the Benton's in control?

What do they hold over "the authorities?"

Backwoods or not - this isn't right.

kholloway- Living in a small town in Tennessee and knowing some law enforcement officers, I have seen that they do their own thing and do not exactly play by the book. It depends on who you are whether or not you will receive the help you need. I wish that I could change this for you and make them search for your family. Unfortunately, unless the FBI or TBI step in and you get an impartial person in charge of the investigation, you might never know.

I will keep you in my thoughts this holiday season and pray that you find the answers you need.

Yes, folks this is how things work around these small towns.

I was reading several post up from this, a response that kathy holloway made about the discussion she had with a fbi agent. seems like I was told myself when I was talking to the sheriffs dept. in robertson co that " people watch to much tv " come on now, these people watch as much tv as anyone else and I think that it is very unprofessional for any agency and a representative of it to make such a comment. like kathy said, maybe they should watch court tv, if any of you have not seen physic detectives or any of the investigation documentaries they are really interesting and they are not made up for television and viewing pleasure. too many high end officials in robertson co are bumping there own elbows with the benton family in there little circle of friends, how is it that they were real quick to say no evidence of foul play? the so called search they have done was not a search by any means it was a ploy just so they can make people think that they have done all that they can. they should have followed up on some of joeys friends especially the one that he went to texas with shortly after jennifer and her child went missing. if the boyfriend passed a lie detector test than maybe they should do the mom and dad as well so the investigation can move on beyond this family if that is what it takes, since they all lived in the same home, and the other fact that jennifer had stated to her mom some time before she went missing that she feared her boyfriends dad more than she did joey " the boyfriend " maybe he knows something? I talked to the district attorney on this some time back, but I did not say much about the father of the boyfriend, a lot of what he had to say made some since but on the other hand it sounded to me that the information he had about the case was almost word for word as to that of the robertson co sheriffs dept. I sure hope that a impartial agency will not treat this the same as the sheriffs dept has. from all that I have learned over the months about jennifer and her child is they " did not just get up and walk away from there life. " even if they had, she would have made some contact with her family.. I and my family to let you know kathy hold you dearly in our prayers that your family has some answers soon..

How do they know that the boyfriend passed the lie detecter test? They only have The Sheriffs Dept: word for this and they seem to be very questionable at best. This whole case sounds like an A&E movie. That the boyfriend's family has so much control, Jennifer's family cannot find out what happened to her and Adriana is criminal. I am probably horribly niave but I just think there has to be somebody that can do something.

Thank you Danny and everyone that is thinking of Jennifer and Adrianna.

Yes, you would think that there would be someone that could help. But, I went to the highest LE agency in the land today and they say there is nothing they can do. It is the responsibility of the sherrif's dept to investigate this. You have no idea how frustrating this is. I spent four days preparing the case in proffesional format, wrapping it in a nice package and nothing. This is the most trying thing, it is so hard not to throw in the towel. What we need is a proper search of that property. For now, I have to step back and come up with the next plan to attempt to get someone to stand up and pay attention.

Thank you all for posting, it helps to know that your there.

I think that the more people that can learn of the efforts the sheriffs dept has and has not done might outrage some people enough to put more pressure on the system, typically local le has to call in the fbi, and probably the same for the tbi. I don't know if the governer of tennessee would be of any help but sure wouldn't hurt to work him over. the law has its own little sheild to hide behide so that no one really knows for sure who is and who isn't doing anything. those clowns in the sheriffs dept. are about the worst bunch of people I have ever seen, the leiutenant is a shriner member I believe or a mason none the less they all come from the same mold and would do almost anything to help out a fellow member even to cover up a possible crime. I hope someone from there reads the post on websleuths that we all make, they would really be surprised to know that people really don't hold a lot of credit in the law enforcement community, they are common folks like all the rest of us and they come with all the same problems as the rest of the world, many of them are deceptive and cunning in what the know and do. when It comes to a case of missing folks, child or not they want to set back and make all these comments and not do anything but hope for the missing to walk in their front door. crossplains tennessee is a really small community and there isn't much crime that goes on there everyone knows everyone the bentons have had brushes with le too many times especially their disfunctional son so there le friends try and help them out when ever the need is present.... kathy sorry to hear that for now the fbi is saying what they are saying as far as any help on there part, I feel that the faces of your loved ones needs to continue to get media attention on tv news, I don't know if you ever talked to matt puley with the nashville scene, he is a very clever writer and knows how to pull on the heart strings when he writes, I never got to pin him down long enough to discuss this case, he is always very busy and out of office alot. if you would like I can try again, just let me know, I do think that he would really get a whole lot better picture of the whole case by talking to you since you are the center of it, but please let me know if I can be of any future assistant to you and your family.... our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family..

Please know, Kathy, that there are people out here thinking about you and your family. I think I will go fire off a letter to the governor.

tennessee, thank you for keeping kathy and her family in your thoughts, and thank you for wanting to be involved,this case needs all the attention and help that can be given, again, thank you so much, kathy and all the rest of us that is involved appreciate it very much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon