TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to pretend that I wasn't happy to hear that the guy was dead. If that makes me a bad person, I guess that seems a little unfair to me. But I will say this. The perpetrators of the crime in this case clearly did not choose their paths in life. The Mayes family was constantly on the move. Perhaps on the run even. We don't know for sure what was going on. But we have read that Johnny Mayes had mental health problems. Clearly, Adam Mayes had mental health problems. Mary Mayes, it is believed, was subjected to abuse. Teresa Mayes was subjected to abuse.

I believe some victims of abuse develop mental illness when they are constantly subjected to the abuse and never have the opportunity to receive treatment. There certainly must have been something amiss with Adam Mayes if he demanded peanut butter and mayo crackers, etc. Obviously, he had problems and he obviously never received the help he needed. This is why I am so troubled when schools just try to avoid the elephant in the room with some of the students. In my daughter's kindergarten class, there are a few kids who show clear signs of abuse and neglect. Yet the school only deals with it by putting up with the kid and meeting with the parents. Someone needs social services to get involved. Then again, some of the states have terrible track records with social services.

What I'm saying is that we can be part of the solution and speak up when we think a person needs help. If someone had spoken up about Adam Mayes three years ago, perhaps two ladies would still be alive right now, and perhaps Mayes would be one of the guys searching for the bad guy instead of being the bad guy himself.

I've developed a respect for your ability to articulate sometimes complex thoughts with clarity. You have a gift for sharing wisdom in a way that reminds me of some of the best mentors I've encountered through the years.

Approximately 5 or 6 miles from Church to where the trailer is located where the bodies were found. Per reporter.

That seems so insane that it took this long to find them - and then it was on a tip too. But, I live in a Florida Panther breeding area, and there are quite a few of them and we never see them (Then again, those are animals who are meant to stay hidden). We are also hog hunters and sometimes it amazes me how many of them are out there because it is so damn quite in the woods! Point is, if you know how to hide - It can be done. Still surprises me he was able to do it with 2 kids in tow.

I agree in principle, Lucy. But according to AM's wife and mother, he pre-dug the graves days before--so I personally don't give him an "accident" benefit of the doubt on this one.

Puzzler, I thought that was just a rumor? was that in the affiadivits?

IIRC it was reported that RN was arrested for a probation violation (or something to that effect). I find it highly coincidental that soon after arresting him LE finds AM and the girls. Others speculated that perhaps RN was the "mole", and I'm beginning to think he was the one who not only was the mole, but also, the one who involuntarily gave LE the tip. I really have no knowledge of the legal system by any means, but how else would they be able to "squeeze" a tip out of someone unless that person was in police custody?

MOO

I was the one with the conspiracy theory that it was RN in the liquor store video, and that was one of the girls. I stand by it though I think it makes me look crazy. Still wondering if he isn't the guy who gave AM a ride to the church. I could still be wrong, but I think that guy in the video looked NERVOUS and the girl looked scared... I think it was them! And yes, RN may have been the "mole" who was helping him, and squealed when arrested and threatened with aiding charges!

I'm not completely convinced that AM is the one who killed JB and Adrienne. Chances are they he did, but his wife is still on my radar there.

She's very much on my radar, especially in regards to JB.

I can't help but wonder what other details the girls will share about both women's level of involvement? Where were they before AM fled? Might be far, far more to this story than we can imagine.

I agree in principle, Lucy. But according to AM's wife and mother, he pre-dug the graves days before--so I personally don't give him an "accident" benefit of the doubt on this one.

I missed that. Wow.

By the way (nothing to do with your post), but I bet the 12-yr-old (Alexandria) will be able to give LE a lot of info about who did what, kwim? Both girls probably have a lot of info to share, but I'm thinking a 12-yr-old can remember/recall more. I hope it helps clarify things. I cannot begin to imagine what they went through. Reminds me of the case in Ohio where Sarah Maynard survived that awful tragedy alone... :(

I am happy that the girls were found alive, I was afraid they would not be.

I am not happy that the suspect is dead, I feel he took the cowards way out and would have liked to see him stand trial and hopefully go to prison.

That said, I will not say that I wished he suffered because I don't wish that on anyone good or bad.

Familiar with felony murder charges. I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I'm not certain that AM ever had plans to murder JB and Adrienne. He probably did - with/without help from his wife - but I believe there's a chance that his wife was the one who did it. On her own. Out of jealousy. It's a small chance, but it's still on my mind. Hope that clarifies what was saying...
Totally get what you are saying. A far fetched scenario would be that TM killed Adrienne and Jo Ann and AM took the younger ones trying to save them.

I don't believe that scenario for a moment, BTW, just saying that there are many possibilities, and it's never bad to look at all sides.

Channel 5 reporting the Bain family have arrived at the hospital in Memphis....yea reunion for them and the little girls!!!

What disabilities? Link please? Or are you taking about what her <edited myself about that person> MOTHER and <hadn't seen her in 11 years> SISTER's b.s. on TV? :floorlaugh:

Her FB page is a great place to start. When I looked at it from a clinical viewpoint and analyzed it there are many things that show she has some major issues. The first thing, most adults don't go on a public forum, like FB, and discuss their psychiatric meds and symptoms. A support group is one thing, but, FB? That shows me she has poor boundaries, impulse issues, poor understanding of privacy or social mores and norms, etc. She also does not seem aware of the stigma or social perception of mental illness enough to try and hide it. The fact that she has tolerated AM's visits to his "daughters" and their mother over the years shows some serious issues as well. I mean, how many women do you know that would allow their husband to have sleep overs, etc at the ex's house (she believed JB and AM had those kids together)? There is some serious dysfunction going on with her on many levels. My guess, given the above is that she is disabled. There are degrees of disability, but, she is not a functional adult. Professionals need to decide her level of culpability and act accordingly. Respectfully IMOO.

What her mother and 15 minutes of fame sister said, I did not pay attention to.

BB Does not seem happy with this outcome. She thanks God that the children are safe but doesn't want to talk to anyone else. "And now my sister will have to answer to everything"

Respectfully BBM.

The eldest daughter Adrienne is the daughter of JoAnn and her husband Gary Bain?

Adrienne was not the eldest overall. She was Joann's eldest. Her father is MJ. Alexandria's father is also MJ. Kyli's dad is GB. And GB has another, older daughter from another relationship who was living in the home, too, and who has a baby of her own. She was not abducted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Respectfully BBM.

The eldest daughter Adrienne is the daughter of JoAnn and her husband Gary Bain?

Nope. GB has a daughter from his first marriage to AM's sister PAB. This daughter is in her 20's.

The 14 year old and 12 year old are children from a marriage (I think they were married) between JB and MJ.

JB married GB and they had Kyliyah (8 year old), of which, GB then "apparently" adopted the 14 and 12 year old children. I read GB adopted them, but no clue at this hour where to locate the link.

If I am incorrect, someone please post the correction info.

BB:

- Sister graduated with special ed diploma
- Sister has bipolar
- Not making excuses, sister needs to answer for what shes done, but people need to look at whole scenario

I was the one with the conspiracy theory that it was RN in the liquor store video, and that was one of the girls. I stand by it though I think it makes me look crazy. Still wondering if he isn't the guy who gave AM a ride to the church. I could still be wrong, but I think that guy in the video looked NERVOUS and the girl looked scared... I still think it was them! And yes, RN may have been the "mole" who was helping him, and squealed when arrested and threatened with aiding charges!

I tried to compare the mugshot to the guy in the video, but because the guy in the video was wearing a hat and sunglasses it was hard to tell. FWIW, the other features did seem to resemble each other. MOO

Speculation regarding involuntary tip - possibly plead to lesser charges if he provided info leading to AM and the girls? MOO

BB Does not seem happy with this outcome. She thanks God that the children are safe but doesn't want to talk to anyone else. "And now my sister will have to answer to everything"

Methinks that is because her 15 minutes are up and her elaborations may be about to be exposed. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her FB page is a great place to start. When I looked at it from a clinical viewpoint and analyzed it there are many things that show she has some major issues.

What her mother and 15 minutes of fame sister said, I did not pay attention to.

Respectfully, are you a certified clinician here?

If these two little girls have different dads...are they going to be split up?

Excuse me if this was discussed, there is no way to catch up here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn