TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there was any life insurance on Karen that David would have received. This could be how he is paying for his attorney. But I doubt that Davids attorney bill is to high. David hasn't even been charged with a crime.

There may be a few billable hours from his attorney talking with the district attorney to tell the district attorney that David is not going to answer any questions, agree to anything or submit to a lie detector. Other than that I don't imagine this high priced attorney has done much other than tell David not to talk to anyone about Karen. How mach can an attorney charge to do that?

JMO

You're quite right. He would have given a retainer of $5,000, or some other amount, and that's that. Until there are charges, the lawyer isn't costing anything.

I think sometimes the lawyers take on high-profile cases for the advertising. No way that minister's wife had the money to pay that attorney since she was pilfering money from the checking account and the bank was calling her husband. Their finances were bad. I suppose anybody can mortgage their home etc, to pay, but it seems like Farese shows up on the cases that are getting a lot of press. Just my thoughts...

Every time I see this case at the top, my stomach drops. Karen deserves justice. I understand building a case, but LE hasn't charged anyone yet.

I wonder if there was any life insurance on Karen that David would have received. This could be how he is paying for his attorney. But I doubt that Davids attorney bill is to high. David hasn't even been charged with a crime.

There may be a few billable hours from his attorney talking with the district attorney to tell the district attorney that David is not going to answer any questions, agree to anything or submit to a lie detector. Other than that I don't imagine this high priced attorney has done much other than tell David not to talk to anyone about Karen. How mach can an attorney charge to do that?

JMO

I think there was a life insurance policy. I remember thinking that life insurance was one similarity with Jason Young. Was it a million?

Can he collect on the insurance money without answering a lot of questions about the murder?

Probably a 10k retainer and a top up when it gets down to 5k.

Every time I see this case at the top, my stomach drops. Karen deserves justice. I understand building a case, but LE hasn't charged anyone yet.

The charges in the case against Jason Young, who murder his wife in North Carolina, took three years.

Patience

Hoping today is the day Karen's thread jumps to the top because someone has been charged with her murder.

I guess when he says they're close to an arrest/pushing for an arrest, we shouldn't take it literally? We're approaching the holidays, if no arrest is made soon, I doubt we'll get one before the new year. Wish I was as confident with TN LE as some of you are.

September

Arrest may be near in Karen Swift murder

http://www.wmctv.com/story/19441454/arrest-may-be-near-in-karen-swift-murder

November

Sheriff: Final stages of Swift investigation, pushing for an arrest

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1909720.html

four months later... :waiting:

hoping we hear something soon...

Bumping for Karen!!! I understand patience is a virtue but, honestly, this is shameful to make her family wait so long for justice. Let's go Sheriff Box, TBI, TN LE, whoever and whatever it takes, give her family peace!

This infuriates me when the sheriff keeps saying things he doesn't back up. It's been long enough, and I've wondered if her mother and sister are keeping quiet for the children. I do agree that once the lawyer was hired, the sheriff shut up. I travel through TN often, and I always think of Karen and Holly Bobo too!

This infuriates me when the sheriff keeps saying things he doesn't back up. It's been long enough, and I've wondered if her mother and sister are keeping quiet for the children. I do agree that once the lawyer was hired, the sheriff shut up. I travel through TN often, and I always think of Karen and Holly Bobo too!

I hope you remember Marsha Brantley,too.

I hope you remember Marsha Brantley,too.

Absolutely. It sickens me when I think of just how many go so long without justice. I was looking on Namus last night and looked at missing females in TN, and it's just horrible.

Absolutely. It sickens me when I think of just how many go so long without justice. I was looking on Namus last night and looked at missing females in TN, and it's just horrible.

This tragic result is due to the antiquated Silence strategy being utilized by the leadership of the LE/TBI in Tennessee, imo, sophiebelle.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/jun/28/americas-silent-disaster/?partner=RSS

'America's silent disaster:' Mysteries of the missing
FBI: More than 1,100 'active' missing-persons cases in Tennessee; exact number unknown

By Jim Balloch
Posted June 28, 2009 at midnight

If I was NOT guilty and my spouse was missing, then found dead, I would be on the news or on Main Street begging for justiceeven today. When a spouse doesn't say a word, lawyers up, and doesn't even help search, my radar is up. When a POI is being looked at, and knows it, and remains quiet, it's the same, even when no body is found. I do think LE should keep things to themselves, only if they have proof of guilt and only for a period of time. When a year passes, with nothing else known, it's time to start broadcasting for help. But it's MOO.

I hate to say it, but I think that it is quite possible that there were mistakes made early on in Karen's case which may prevent justice. I sincerely hope that I am wrong, but the silence is deafening!!

Of all the cases I have followed here on Websleuths, Karen’s case is possibly the most maddening to me because there was so much evidence available for processing, ie, a body, clothing found along the road, a car, a punctured tire, etc. and the Sheriff even released statements to MSM that this case would be solved; that the one person of interest would be arrested (paraphrased).

Now, after all this time, NOTHING!

Perhaps the Sheriff’s office could at least issue an update as to why Sheriff Box’s prior statements regarding a forthcoming arrest in the Karen Swift murder case have not come to pass.

Karen deserves Justice, her killer does as well…

All IMO

Of all the cases I have followed here on Websleuths, Karen’s case is possibly the most maddening to me because there was so much evidence available for processing, ie, a body, clothing found along the road, a car, a punctured tire, etc. and the Sheriff even released statements to MSM that this case would be solved; that the one person of interest would be arrested (paraphrased).

Now, after all this time, NOTHING!

Perhaps the Sheriff’s office could at least issue an update as to why Sheriff Box’s prior statements regarding a forthcoming arrest in the Karen Swift murder case have not come to pass.

Karen deserves Justice, her killer does as well…

All IMO

Agree! Well said. Wonder if this is a case of there being no evidence of a stranger being involved; yet, any evidence attributed to those she knows does not show they committed a crime....

I still think about Karen often. I wish that LE had their ducks in-a-row and justice could be on the way. :sigh:

I still think that the most obvious suspect is the reasonable conclusion to justice. Why else hasn't this person been shouting from the rooftops trying to get justice? I do wonder why her older boys have also not been very vocal on getting justice for their mom. I worry about the younger children of Karen. I hope that they are well. I know that her mom and sister are still struggling with the lack of apparent movement.

I am still here, still :waiting:

The motto of the TBI is "that guilt shall not escape, nor innocence suffer".,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members