Identified! TN - Knox Co, 'Shotgun Jane Doe' WhtFem 607UFTN, 21-30, Jun'87 - Tena Marie Gattrell

I hadn't thought of that, but she might not have been a willing participant in the crime. She could have been abducted from the rest stop or she could have left the rest stop willingly with the men but tried to escape at the house when it became apparent they planned to rob the homeowner. Or I imagine she could have willingly gone along with the crime but had second thoughts at the last minute, tried to leave and thus the "fight" on the porch was real.

Faking a fight on the front porch doesn't sound like a good way to rob a place anyway. How were they even sure the homeowner wouldn't have called LE, who might have arrived before the trio could get into the house? And even if they had gotten inside and took what they wanted, there was no guarantee they would have been able to get away.

Were the two men on foot or did they have a vehicle?

Here is a list of the possible matches to our UID in what i hope is an easy to compare document and once we get in contact with LE/ME we can start to make more progress....does anyone think we have any potential matches?

Pearly

When I switch to my windows computer, I will come back and look at your list.
Sorry I haven't come back sooner, I ended up going back to the Benjaman Kyle thread, working on that; then I forgot to come back here last time I had time.

I have contacted LE today so will keep you informed as to the answers I get hopefully we will know more soon about our UID

Roselvr I asked about the Dolphins logo on the back of the shirt also

Pearly:dance::dance:

Thank you!

I hadn't thought of that, but she might not have been a willing participant in the crime. She could have been abducted from the rest stop or she could have left the rest stop willingly with the men but tried to escape at the house when it became apparent they planned to rob the homeowner. Or I imagine she could have willingly gone along with the crime but had second thoughts at the last minute, tried to leave and thus the "fight" on the porch was real.

Faking a fight on the front porch doesn't sound like a good way to rob a place anyway. How were they even sure the homeowner wouldn't have called LE, who might have arrived before the trio could get into the house? And even if they had gotten inside and took what they wanted, there was no guarantee they would have been able to get away.

Were the two men on foot or did they have a vehicle?

I agree, I'm not so sure she was either.

I didn;'t see a lot written about the guys which was why I asked if anyone had access to the original article that appeared in the paper.

Quick update on response from LE:

samples of DNA have been submitted for CODIS for our UID however they have not come back yet. (I have asked how long this takes and will let you all know when I do).

Fingerprints are available for our UID :woohoo:

I have further emailed the sheriff's office so will keep everyone updated....I am hopeful that our Jane Doe will one day been identified.

Pearly

p.s dentals also available, she had no restorations but was missing one tooth lower tooth #25

So here I am yet again with another post, this UID is forever in my mind unless of course I have my attention towards my law textbooks but then again she is not far from it!

I started searching again through missing persons databases and found another few possibles but am yet to closely scrutinise their features with our Jane Doe, it seems as if for some reason or another they simply have inconsistencies such as moles/freckles and scars which our UID simply does not but she is out there somewhere and so we must continue.

I researched a bit more re:teeth as I didn't know much. She had 31 of her 32 teeth meaning that she still had her wisdom teeth, so missing persons who have had their wisdom extracted can be excluded and she has had no restorations i.e. no fillings etc so missing females with the likes can also be excluded unless I guess they look so similar and someone has accidentally provided the wrong information.

I attached a diagram with the tooth highlighted in grey that was lost prior to her death, I am thinking it would have been fairly obvious to people she knew and essentially to people who would have reported her missing...any thoughts???

Pearly

Attachments

• UID's tooth.GIF
    UID's tooth.GIF
    18.3 KB · Views: 123
pearly,
your interest in teeth fits your name.

Yes, unless the tooth was missing and there wasnt' a large gap - i.e. it never was there. I had a friend with a missing front tooth and you'd never have known - all the other teeth filled in.

pearly,
your interest in teeth fits your name.

Yes, unless the tooth was missing and there wasnt' a large gap - i.e. it never was there. I had a friend with a missing front tooth and you'd never have known - all the other teeth filled in.

BethInAK, the notion that her tooth may have been filled in like that never entered my mind, she may have lost this tooth at quite a young age and as you say it has simply been filled in by others so to the person/s who reported the UID missing, it may seem as if her teeth were simply normal!

Pearly

P.S Further details to come from LE re: our Doe :dance:

I had braces when I was young and had to have two teeth pulled. So I have less teeth than the average person but you can't tell because the braces straightened my teeth and left no gaps.

I would just like to say that the LE and ME in both Tennessee and Knox County have been absolutely amazing in helping me with information and questions I have.

So here is an update on what I have so far about our Jane Doe: -
- Fingerprints: Available
- Dentals: Available: missing tooth number 25 (i think) definitely lower middle tooth.
- Dna submitted but pending still

-Tattoo: is B.H., it is finally nice to know what the 'unknown' tattoo is. As previously known, it is on the upper left arm above the bicep. This still leaves many questions with me such as what does B.H. stand for, is it a boyfriend or partners name, a friend or relative, something relating to that time etc.

- The bracelet: can only be described as round loop links.

- Metal plate maunfactured by 'Synthes': with what information is known, not enough for any kind of indentification.

With all this said and hopefully more to come, I have so many thoughts, possibilites etc going through my head and still no concrete matches for our Doe.

One day soon, we will match her to a name and to her family, I do have faith!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the updates so far

Pearly

OK, I did some research on the possible Greene County rest stop that they guys may have picked her up from, as well as where Knox County was, where she was shot. Are we certain it was a I-75 rest stop? It could also have been one on I-81, and Greene County is on the border of VA, NC, and WV. Knox County is near Knoxville, which means that they traveled down I-81 to Knoxville. Do we know anything about the guys that were with her? Were they locals from Knox County, or where were they from?

OK, I did some reason on the possible Greene County rest stop that they guys may have picked her up from, as well as where Knox County was, where she was shot. If they are honest about getting her from a rest stop, it most likely was one on I-81, and Greene County is on the border of VA, NC, and WV. Knox County is near Knoxville, which means that they traveled down I-81 to Knoxville. Do we know anything about the guys that were with her? Were they locals from Knox County, or where were they from?

I am curious about these guys as well, atm we don't know much about them, but hoping to find out more soon.

As I have previously said, I think they know more then they have said for what reason I am not sure. Surely they wouldn't have just picked her up and not talked to her or got her name or a fake name or something which is incredibly frustrating!

Are you able to send me the map or the research of the rest stop area, I am from Australia, hence am a bit out of the zone when it comes to locations :loser:

Just throwing a few out:

The height on this girl is off a few inches, and there is a 2 yr gap, but Smyth County, VA is right over the border from Greene County, AND her initials are BH.

Barbara Jean Pauley Hunt

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hunt_barbara.html

Also, someone mentioned Billy Jean Hall. She looks like a good candidate to me as well-She's from Florida (Dolphin t-shirt), had scars, metal plates from prior surgery, right age, height, and initials BH.

here is a side by side comparison of billie jean hall and our Jane Doe.

Am I grasping at straws or is there something here?:confused::confused::confused:

Attachments

• 20080605093514061_0001s.jpg
    20080605093514061_0001s.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 39
  • hall_billie.jpg
    hall_billie.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 34
  • hall_billie2.jpg
    hall_billie2.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 32
Just throwing a few out:

Also, someone mentioned Billy Jean Hall. She looks like a good candidate to me as well-She's from Florida (Dolphin t-shirt), had scars, metal plates from prior surgery, right age, height, and initials BH.

Was not aware that Florida provided the link to the Dolphins shirt how exciting - I don't feel like I am grasping at anything now!

Once I have a list of already ruled out missing persons from LE do you think we should submit Billie Jean Hall?
Pearly

I would just like to say that the LE and ME in both Tennessee and Knox County have been absolutely amazing in helping me with information and questions I have.

So here is an update on what I have so far about our Jane Doe: -
- Fingerprints: Available
- Dentals: Available: missing tooth number 25 (i think) definitely lower middle tooth.
- Dna submitted but pending still

-Tattoo: is B.H., it is finally nice to know what the 'unknown' tattoo is. As previously known, it is on the upper left arm above the bicep. This still leaves many questions with me such as what does B.H. stand for, is it a boyfriend or partners name, a friend or relative, something relating to that time etc.

- The bracelet: can only be described as round loop links.

- Metal plate maunfactured by 'Synthes': with what information is known, not enough for any kind of indentification.

With all this said and hopefully more to come, I have so many thoughts, possibilites etc going through my head and still no concrete matches for our Doe.

One day soon, we will match her to a name and to her family, I do have faith!

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the updates so far

Pearly

I missed this post some how..

OK, I did some research on the possible Greene County rest stop that they guys may have picked her up from, as well as where Knox County was, where she was shot. Are we certain it was a I-75 rest stop? It could also have been one on I-81, and Greene County is on the border of VA, NC, and WV. Knox County is near Knoxville, which means that they traveled down I-81 to Knoxville. Do we know anything about the guys that were with her? Were they locals from Knox County, or where were they from?

I'd mapped the area at one time, not sure if I linked to it.
Pearly, if you go to google maps link you are able to see the area.

found it - read this quote by me
I was messing around with google maps this morning but have to stop to get ready to leave. If anyone wants to see the area where she was found it is below. I'll finish my thoughts later.

If I have the correct location of the supposed rest stop in Greene County, google directions says it is about 1 hour 27 mins away to Jim Sterchi Road in North Knox County, Tennessee - google maps link

Jim Sterchi Road is down the street from route 75. There appears to be 2 exits off of rt 75 to access Jim Sterchi Road.

If this Jane Doe was coming up from Florida, she'd be traveling rt 75 or 95

Was not aware that Florida provided the link to the Dolphins shirt how exciting - I don't feel like I am grasping at anything now!

Once I have a list of already ruled out missing persons from LE do you think we should submit Billie Jean Hall?
Pearly

The Dolphins shirt is a football team out of Miami Florida.
That's why I was trying to figure if there was a link with the shirt.

The thing about Billy Jean is that her injuries don't match up.
Marks, Scars: Ms. Hall has a large vertical scar on her abdomen, a deep, wide horizontal scar on her buttocks and faded scars on her chin and hands. Hall suffered brain damage due to a traffic accident and should have a scar where a tap was done through her skull. She also has an orthodontic screw, a richmond screw installed above her right eye, a skull plate inserted in her head and fractured fingers.

Pearly, did you find anything out about this girl I suggested?
Forgot to post this girl I found.. does not mention any surgeries though.

- JENNIFER LYNN PANDOS
Case Type: Endangered Runaway
DOB: Oct 29, 1971 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Feb 10, 1987 Race: White
Age Now: 37 Height: 5'2" (157 cm)
Missing City: WILLIAMSBURG Weight: 100 lbs (45 kg)
Missing State : VA

Pearly, next time you speak to LE, can you ask them to update her pages?

Bringing links over from page 1-

Case File 607UFTN - doe network

1987 Unidentified White Female Knox sheriff

Unidentified Female

* The victim was discovered on June 1, 1987 in Knox County, Tennessee
* Estimated Date of Death: Hours
* Cause of Death: Shot
* Recognizable Face

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 21-30 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"-5'6" (65" Est); 100-120 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair.
* Tattoos: A unknown tattoo on the left upperarm in front. edit - tattoo BH - it is on the upper left arm above the bicep.
* Clothing: A Miami Dolphins football jersey with the number "32.", light blue pants, white socks, and tennis shoes
* Jewelry: A silver chain on her left wrist. edit - can only be described as round loop links.
* Skeletal Findings : Previous injuries: Clavicle helaed fracture; Vertebrae crushed may have caused back pain; radius healed fracture; right tibia healed fracture; left tibia healed fracture secured by metal pin; fibula healed fracture secured by metal plate manufactured by "Synthes".
* Fingerprints: Not Available edit - AVAILABLE
* Dentals: Not Available edit Available: missing tooth number 25 (i think) definitely lower middle tooth.
* DNA: submitted but Pending

Again - her injury image -

Attachments

• 20080605093442691_0004s.jpg
    20080605093442691_0004s.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 65
Roselvr
have not been able to find much information about Jennifer Pandos - apart from what is available on the charley project, doe network and the national missing persons website. I also know that her parents are now separated and still hope that she may return home one day. It appears from the circumstances of her dissapearance that her boyfriend with whom she recently broke up with, may have had something to do with her going missing as in with the writing of the note and so forth.

She has a mole on her shoulder which our Doe does not have but I have put a side by side below for comparison. Apparently she also went by another name so I will look into this and see if I come up with anything. Pearly

p.s she may also go by the names jenny or jeeper pandos but my searches turned up nothing

Attachments

• 20080605093514061_0001s.jpg
    20080605093514061_0001s.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 25
  • NCMC601853c1.jpg
    NCMC601853c1.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 29
From what I understood, Pearly is in Australia, right, and cannot contact LE? Am I correct Pearly?
Pearly, next time you speak to LE, can you ask them to update her pages?

Bringing links over from page 1-

Case File 607UFTN - doe network

1987 Unidentified White Female Knox sheriff

Unidentified Female

* The victim was discovered on June 1, 1987 in Knox County, Tennessee
* Estimated Date of Death: Hours
* Cause of Death: Shot
* Recognizable Face

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 21-30 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"-5'6" (65" Est); 100-120 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair.
* Tattoos: A unknown tattoo on the left upperarm in front. edit - tattoo BH - it is on the upper left arm above the bicep.
* Clothing: A Miami Dolphins football jersey with the number "32.", light blue pants, white socks, and tennis shoes
* Jewelry: A silver chain on her left wrist. edit - can only be described as round loop links.
* Skeletal Findings : Previous injuries: Clavicle helaed fracture; Vertebrae crushed may have caused back pain; radius healed fracture; right tibia healed fracture; left tibia healed fracture secured by metal pin; fibula healed fracture secured by metal plate manufactured by "Synthes".
* Fingerprints: Not Available edit - AVAILABLE
* Dentals: Not Available edit Available: missing tooth number 25 (i think) definitely lower middle tooth.
* DNA: submitted but Pending

Again - her injury image -

Yes I am in Australia however have been in contact with several members of LE regarding this Jane Doe via email so this should not be a problem to ask them to update this information.

I have also managed to obtain a phone card to contact one of the members of LE in particular which will be interesting to see how that goes :crosseyed:

Hopefully I will have more information for us this week so fingers crossed. It is so interesting, frustrating, perplexing and sad when you realise how attached you get to try to match a face to a name. This Jane Doe has become a massive part of my life even though she died the same year I was born, for some reason I feel drawn to her. Moreso I feel that some may see that she was trying to commit a crime however I feel strongly that she was IMO attempting to get away from people threatening her life and in a sad twist of fate she chose the wrong house.

Sorry about my rant.
Pearly

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname