Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also woke up expecting that she'd be located by now.
Lets hope she's found today!
He can just drop her off at any safe location and keep going if he doesn't wish to turn himself in at this point.

I'm wondering if his suspension from his teaching position has to do with contact with Mary or if there is another victim? I'm still pretty new so I don't know if I'm allowed to wonder publicly if he has any connections to other on going investigations we may know about? Like I don't want to speculate about something unconfirmed? Does this make sense? I'm trying to be vague to not break any rules.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have wondered the same but hopefully it's not the case. I pray he has some shred of compassion for this young girl and lets her go.

Per his twitter feed (sorry I don't know how to link the comment). He was handing out HOSA shirts, which is Health Occupations Students of America. IF he was a teacher of this class it makes it even more disturbing.

He's a pretty religious guy ironically...

My grandfather was a preacher who had hidden pedophile tendencies. I feel ( speculative) that he used his religion to try to cleanse himself after his misdeeds.
I wish LE would say what the case is that got him suspended.

I totally understand what you're saying. Yes it says she was kidnapped but she's 15. So even if she went willingly, he's an adult and should obviously know better. I don't know if she went willingly or not but you're right, it's awful. I've seen many an Amber Alert where a minor went with an adult. Whatever the case may be be, like you, I hope she's found safe and unharmed.

The point about her going willingly is, that if that is the case, she may actively be trying to conceal herself from anyone looking for her. It makes a big difference if she's prepared to cut/dye her hair and so on.

I read from his Twitter account that he went on a trip this past June to PCB. Pensacola Beach, FL? That is right next to Alabama in the panhandle. I got the impression it was a group trip of some kind. Perhaps a school or church trip with youth. MOO!

Panama City Beach, Florida. It is spring break season and if they headed that way, it would be easy to blend in with the crowds. The beaches, sidewalks, shops and restaurant/bars are overflowing with people.

I live about 30 mins north of Columbia, TN but work in Maury County.It has been well publicized on the news and I hope this continues. This case is so disturbing, as it has already been said...he has lost so much already that he has nothing else to lose, which is a dangerous mindset. I pray for Mary Catherine to be safe and to be found today!

My grandfather was a preacher who had hidden pedophile tendencies. I feel ( speculative) that he used his religion to try to cleanse himself after his misdeeds.
I wish LE would say what the case is that got him suspended.

I haven't researched, but when a teacher gets suspended it should be in a hearing from the school board, no? Maybe there are documents ?

I just don't understand why this guy thinks he can get away with this and not be found eventually. What is wrong with him to think this is the best solution?

This may be an unpopular opinion but I think it's time they start giving lie detector tests to anyone who may be hired as a school teacher or other worker in the school. Not only about past but ' would you ever'' type of questions. Every single day there is a story of teachers ' abusing' children and I'm sick of the wording they were in ' a relationship ' with a student. No they were not. They were adults taking advantage of and abusing a child.

Cummins, who is a health science teacher at Culleoka Unit School, is wanted for sexual contact with a minor. He drives a silver Nissan Rogue with Tennessee license plate number 976ZPT.

[...]

Whether T[redact] was a student at Culleoka is unknown. Doddridge said the school district does not release student information.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...ide-amber-alert-issued-missing-teen/99188228/

In light of the BBM I have opted to redact the young lady's name from the snip. I hope that my caution is unwarranted but . . .

Both Mary and Tad's Instagram pages have inspirational love quote posts with the same hashtags #love #unbreakable #strong and #cantwait. These posts were happing multiple times a day leading up to Mary's disappearance. Tad last posted 2 days ago with a photo of a quote, "It's a good day to start." Mary's last post was 2 days ago with a photo of a sign that says, "No solicitors, trespassers will be killed and eaten." Let's hope Mary wakes up and sees that a relationship with a grown man at the age of 15 is not only illegal but also dangerous! Hoping for her safe return.

This doesn't seem to be a kidnapping in any traditional sense. I think the odds of her being in serious danger are rather low. I query whether amber alerts should really be used in situations like this.

Arguing how much danger this young lady is in isn't a gamble I would want anyone to take with my life, my child's life, or anyone else's life for that matter. That kind of thinking is why for so many years LE didn't take missing children seriously. They were all just runaways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both Mary and Tad's Instagram pages have inspirational love quote posts with the same hashtags #love #unbreakable #strong and #cantwait. These posts were happing multiple times a day leading up to Mary's disappearance. Tad last posted 2 days ago with a photo of a quote, "It's a good day to start." Mary's last post was 2 days ago with a photo of a sign that says, "No solicitors, trespassers will be killed and eaten." Let's hope Mary wakes up and sees that a relationship with a grown man at the age of 15 is not only illegal but also dangerous! Hoping for her safe return.

I saw her IG too and it made me sad. JMO but he is the one who needs to wake up. He's the adult, she's a child. She's unhappy and desperate for love, he has groomed and manipulated her. He is a despicable human being. I hope this situation ends soon and she gets the help that she will so desperately need.

Welcome to WS, yoemcat! :wagon:

She is a child. He is a grown man who is technically old enough to be her grandfather. It makes me sad and disgusts me that this situation would be called anything but a kidnapping. I believe that any time an adult kidnaps a child there is danger, even when the adult's actions are based on some twisted idea of love. He obviously lacks good judgment and regard for the law. It isn't a stretch to think that he might do something to harm her if she tries to leave, not to mention the harm he has already done by becoming involved with her in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This doesn't seem to be a kidnapping in any traditional sense. I think the odds of her being in serious danger are rather low. I query whether amber alerts should really be used in situations like this.

Her age and her decision to go with a 50 year old man, would cause a reasonable person to question her ability to completely assess her risk in this situation.

This man is going to lose a lot once he is arrested. The fact that he is armed makes him dangerous.

I absolutly do not agree with your opinion. Imo I believe this puts her life in even more danger. Her being 15 and being with a 50 year old married man who is clearly not thinking properly makes this a very dangerous situation. The 50 year old also has two hand guns with him and possibly a shotgun!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member