Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think LE checked other surveillance cameras in the area of the walmart.

I find it hard to believe that knowing exactly what time they walked in, they couldn't then look in the parking lot and see what kind of car they came from. Especially given the amount of time it has been since this was intitially released and the fact that this is the only known confirmed sighting so you would think it would be getting a lot of work put into it.

Knowing that the parking lot would be videoed, perhaps he parked a few blocks away and they walked to the Walmart?

I find it hard to believe that knowing exactly what time they walked in, they couldn't then look in the parking lot and see what kind of car they came from. Especially given the amount of time it has been since this was initially released and the fact that this is the only known confirmed sighting so you would think it would be getting a lot of work put into it.

edit: I think they know but aren't releasing it for whatever reason (i.e. not worth reporting or it is a lead they are following)

I could go to every Walmart in my city and they number in the double digits, and have a place to park off camera and walk in the parking lot.

The car is the main thing they have to give the public, they have the public looking for a silver Nissan.

It is very easy to find a business across a street or down a street, that doesn't have cameras if you are looking to park where there are no cameras.

He managed to find a place that had no cameras to pick her up.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

In regards to the car, there is no way LE would keep information about the vehicle, the AA would require it as sufficient information. From www.amberalert.gov BBM

"For an AMBER Alert to be effective in recovering a missing child, the law enforcement agency must have enough information to believe that an immediate broadcast to the public will enhance the efforts of law enforcement to locate the child and apprehend the suspect. This element requires as much descriptive information as possible about the abducted child and the abduction, as well as descriptive information about the suspect and the suspect’s vehicle. Issuing alerts in the absence of significant information that an abduction has occurred could lead to abuse of the system and ultimately weaken its effectiveness."

In regards to the car, there is no way LE would keep information about the vehicle, the AA would require it as sufficient information. From www.amberalert.gov BBM

"For an AMBER Alert to be effective in recovering a missing child, the law enforcement agency must have enough information to believe that an immediate broadcast to the public will enhance the efforts of law enforcement to locate the child and apprehend the suspect. This element requires as much descriptive information as possible about the abducted child and the abduction, as well as descriptive information about the suspect and the suspect’s vehicle. Issuing alerts in the absence of significant information that an abduction has occurred could lead to abuse of the system and ultimately weaken its effectiveness."
Yea they have to have the vehicle for most or all states for an Amber Alert.

I also can't see them keeping that info to themselves when there has been no sighting for 3 weeks.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I find it hard to believe that knowing exactly what time they walked in, they couldn't then look in the parking lot and see what kind of car they came from. Especially given the amount of time it has been since this was initially released and the fact that this is the only known confirmed sighting so you would think it would be getting a lot of work put into it.

edit: I think they know but aren't releasing it for whatever reason (i.e. not worth reporting or it is a lead they are following)

Most Walmart parking lots have hundreds of cars in them. Unless they parked or drove directly in front of the store, the car might not have even been visible on video.

LE did say that TC and ET purchased a few food items in Walmart. They did not release any videos other than the two of them walking in.

At the time they produced that video, they were still trying to determine if he was driving the Rogue.

Since then we heard nothing.

I still see them in the Nissan. These are my reasons:

It's a 2015, popular silver color, and looks like a lot of similar vehicles. Seems like a perfect car for someone who wants to get lost.

Buying another vehicle would be expensive and tricky. The fewer people they interact with, the less likelihood they will be sighted and recognized. If someone sold TC a car in the last month or so, that person might have recognized him from the AA or the news and turned him in.

I don't see them getting around on the bus. Again, more people to recognize them.

It only has one license plate on the rear, and he could do a number of things to make sure it wasn't seen. In that case, we're looking for a father-daughter pair in a silver Nissan Rogue. That has to be an everyday sight in every city in America.

He googled how to disable the tracking device and what size mattress fits in the car. That doesn't sound like someone who is planning to get rid of a car to me.

IMHO. I could be wrong. It's happened once or twice.

:cow:

I still see them in the Nissan. These are my reasons:

It's a 2015, popular silver color, and looks like a lot of similar vehicles. Seems like a perfect car for someone who wants to get lost.

Buying another vehicle would be expensive and tricky. The fewer people they interact with, the less likelihood they will be sighted and recognized. If someone sold TC a car in the last month or so, that person might have recognized him from the AA or the news and turned him in.

I don't see them getting around on the bus. Again, more people to recognize them.

It only has one license plate on the rear, and he could do a number of things to make sure it wasn't seen. In that case, we're looking for a father-daughter pair in a silver Nissan Rogue. That has to be an everyday sight in every city in America.

He googled how to disable the tracking device and what size mattress fits in the car. That doesn't sound like someone who is planning to get rid of a car to me.

IMHO. I could be wrong. It's happened once or twice.

:cow:

I think your points about camouflaging the Nissan are valid.

My own gut is that he either:

1. got to his destination (remote U.S. West or MX?) and then hid the car and is going to lie low as long as they can.

2. Switched cars out early, even as early as Decatur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he got rid of the Rogue either. Being that it is his car, most likely he purchased new, the knows the maintenance history. The last thing he should do is get rid of it and move around in something else that he does not know if it is reliable or not.

The only way I see him getting rid of the Rogue is selling it on the black market and buying something for cheap in order to get his hands on more money. I assume he will probably do this closer to when they are running low on cash.

I still think they are in the USA somewhere. I can't imagine him trying to cross the border as late as March 15th or 16th, otherwise, why didn't he run for the border once he left Decatur? It would have been a lot easier for him and under the radar at that time, rather than days after the Amber Alert was broadcasted.

I think your points about camouflaging the Nissan are valid.

My own gut is that he either:

1. got to his destination (remote U.S. West or MX?) and then hid the car and is going to lie low as long as they can.

2. Switched cars out early, even as early as Decatur.

If they switched cars in Decatur, then the Nissan would have to be in Decatur, and police would likely have found it. I do agree that they likely arrived at their destination, but I doubt they made it as far as the West, and certainly not to Mexico. The chances of them traveling that far without being spotted would not be great.

While I do believe that the state can absolutely prove their case beyond any reasonable doubt ( because they can prove she was coerced and groomed) I would imagine that Tad's defense will try to say she went willingly.
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/03/28/us/tennessee-teacher-manhunt-state-kidnapping-law/index.html

"...the statute lets children older than 12 decide whether to leave their families, unless their removal or confinement "is accomplished by force, threat or fraud."

BBM.

Fraud applies here IMO. TC posed as a respectable adult in a position of authority (possibly even convincing ET that he was the ONLY adult in her life that was trustworthy and had her best interests at heart) when his actual personage is of the sort who would abandon their wife, children, grandchildren (and parents who I believe are still living) and any and all responsibilities that individual had to those parties for the purposes of pursuing a sexual relationship with a child. If that isn't fraud, then I don't know what is.

If they switched cars in Decatur, then the Nissan would have to be in Decatur, and police would likely have found it. I do agree that they likely arrived at their destination, but I doubt they made it as far as the West, and certainly not to Mexico. The chances of them traveling that far without being spotted would not be great.

I don't understand how anyone CAN"T believe they haven't gotten to the west coast or to Mexico by now. It's been 3 WEEKS since they were in the OKC WalMart and it only took them 2 DAYS to get there. I honestly believe they are either AT where they were originally headed or very, very close by now to being at said location. 3 weeks is a long time since the last sighting. You can travel a longggggg way in that amount of time.

And I've seen people talking about the money and how he's going to run out of it soon. Why?? All they are buying is food and gas. And if they get to where they were going, or are already there, they aren't buying much gas anymore. They don't have any other bills to pay like we do. You can buy a lot of food with 4 grand for only 2 people. That money could be stretched to months and I've seen people saying he'd be running out in days. Really?? They aren't eating steak dinners folks.

IMO, and I hope I'm wrong, I don't think they will be found for quite some time since they haven't by now. It's obvious he's not going to just bring her back on his own free will otherwise he'd have done it by now. I'm not sure if he would IF she wanted him to right now either because like others have mentioned, he's given up everything for this sick fantasy of his, he has nothing to come back to besides a jail cell. So IMO, if she eventually grows tired of being isolated from everyone else she cares about and asks him to bring her home it's doubtful he will oblige. My hope in that scenario is he just makes a run for it and leaves her wherever they are at OR takes himself out and doesn't harm her.

And last, going off my belief that they won't be found for quite some time, I think it'd be imperative in roughly 9-12 months, IF they haven't been found by then that is, for all hospitals etc to be on the lookout for any young gals that resemble ET showing up.

While I do believe that the state can absolutely prove their case beyond any reasonable doubt ( because they can prove she was coerced and groomed) I would imagine that Tad's defense will try to say she went willingly.
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/03/28/us/tennessee-teacher-manhunt-state-kidnapping-law/index.html
I feel like the fact that he was a teacher of hers could make this a lot worse for him, no matter what she testifies.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

As much of a scum as this man is, he has eluded, misled, and manipulated many to get what he wanted....but he has been successful in doing so. We do not know how much money he has, we only know that he took a loan....he could've had more, could've sold things, had private stash, received help from friend.....we don't know. We don't know what he's driving. We don't know if the Decatur ping and OKC sightings were intentional decoys. He DID plan this for up to weeks, do we don't know what he's capable of in relation to living off grid, tapping resources, crossing boarders, changing cars, etc......while some scenarios are less likely and have been stated here, I think all of us (LE included) needs to keep an open mind about the possibilities. We just don't know what we don't know.

I feel like the fact that he was a teacher of hers could make this a lot worse for him, no matter what she testifies.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I don't know. I think it could help him because his defense could be she knew him and wanted him to protect her vs. he was a stranger (or neighbor, someone she didn't know well) and she was frightened the entire time.

BUT I often think the opposite of what is best is what happens when it comes to women being abused. :(

I just think if they were heading to Mexico they would have headed southwest after Decatur and would have probably stopped in or around Dallas or Houston instead of Oklahoma City.

I don't understand how anyone CAN"T believe they haven't gotten to the west coast or to Mexico by now. It's been 3 WEEKS since they were in the OKC WalMart and it only took them 2 DAYS to get there. I honestly believe they are either AT where they were originally headed or very, very close by now to being at said location. 3 weeks is a long time since the last sighting. You can travel a longggggg way in that amount of time.

And I've seen people talking about the money and how he's going to run out of it soon. Why?? All they are buying is food and gas. And if they get to where they were going, or are already there, they aren't buying much gas anymore. They don't have any other bills to pay like we do. You can buy a lot of food with 4 grand for only 2 people. That money could be stretched to months and I've seen people saying he'd be running out in days. Really?? They aren't eating steak dinners folks.

IMO, and I hope I'm wrong, I don't think they will be found for quite some time since they haven't by now. It's obvious he's not going to just bring her back on his own free will otherwise he'd have done it by now. I'm not sure if he would IF she wanted him to right now either because like others have mentioned, he's given up everything for this sick fantasy of his, he has nothing to come back to besides a jail cell. So IMO, if she eventually grows tired of being isolated from everyone else she cares about and asks him to bring her home it's doubtful he will oblige. My hope in that scenario is he just makes a run for it and leaves her wherever they are at OR takes himself out and doesn't harm her.

And last, going off my belief that they won't be found for quite some time, I think it'd be imperative in roughly 9-12 months, IF they haven't been found by then that is, for all hospitals etc to be on the lookout for any young gals that resemble ET showing up.

Agreed, especially about Mexico. Not sure why LE mentioned Mexico as a potential, but all of the places that were #ohtheplaces from the IG account, we're tropical paradise type locations, that would be more likely south to/by way of Mexico than Canada. But as I said before, it could be misleading too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasicallyAnxious