Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #14 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she will kick him to the curb. That's totally MOO.
:cow:

I didn't mean romantically. (Though it wouldn't entirely surprise me, I think that's unlikely.) I meant in the civil, father of my children and grandchildren type of way.

I think she will kick him to the curb. That's totally MOO.
:cow:
I get odd vibes from her.
I'm just going to guess she is co-dependent~

JMO they are a dysfunctional family with him as the husband/ father/grandfather. Sheesh

She actually said in an interview that she Forgives him.
Maybe she said that so she could move on, and not be bitter and harbor resentment, or she said that for other reasons?

IMOO.

From all I've read about JC, she's a Christian woman. Forgiveness is key in the Christian faith (it's a state of the heart thing, not because you think it's okay what people do, but because you can't hold a grudge against someone while expecting forgiveness yourself.)

Does she still love him? Well of course she does - they were married for 31 years (if I'm recalling correctly) and the man she *thought* she was married to, she built a life, a home, and a family with. They were a team for a long, long time. You don't just flip a switch and turn all that off, even if you wish you could. I cannot even begin to imagine the personal hell this lady is going through.

Technically, and per this forum, she's a victim too.

dunno maybe the law changed the link I sent says 14 for the girl, with consent ofcourse, my mom had to sign for me in Dallas at 17, so it just depends and if I remember corectly the family on both side was in the US for wedding related stuff when word got out this 11 year old pregnant girl was being abused. It was all mularky ofcourse and they did let the guy out of jail.

Mexico is stricter than the US, there is no federal minimum age, with parental consent, to marry here. We are matched only by Saudi Arabia and Yemen
https://www.google.com/amp/www.inde...arts-of-the-us-as-lawmakers-a6921246.html?amp

From all I've read about JC, she's a Christian woman. Forgiveness is key in the Christian faith (it's a state of the heart thing, not because you think it's okay what people do, but because you can't hold a grudge against someone while expecting forgiveness yourself.)

Does she still love him? Well of course she does - they were married for 31 years (if I'm recalling correctly) and the man she *thought* she was married to, she built a life, a home, and a family with. They were a team for a long, long time. You don't just flip a switch and turn all that off, even if you wish you could. I cannot even begin to imagine the personal hell this lady is going through.

Technically I know you're right, and my Catholic guilt tells me to comply with that sentiment. However, her statements on GMA make me less inclined to be as warm to her. Logically I get it, but emotionally I'm not there. But I agree, I need to be little more kind.

Yes. It's 2017 and everyone can STILL have their own beliefs. Whether you or I agree with them doesn't mean they are wrong.

I guess I will never understand why interracial marriages still would bother anyone. If its not "you" why would anyone care? idk

I definitely think she's a victim. I also think the situation is odd. I suspect that TC has manipulated her their entire life together. I would not be surprised if there is severe codependency, and that doesn't just unravel in a month. I hope that she and the whole family are also offered services. They will need help reconciling this. The family of the perpetrator is often left hanging in that way.

TC is a disgusting pig. We all knew what he was up to, but when you see how dedicated he was to his perversions, it makes your skin crawl. There's just nothing redeeming about him. Every woman deserves so much better than this bottom feeding pile of cow dung.

I'm going to guess he didn't just turn this way over night. He has been up to deviant behavior for quite a bit of time. JMO

I definitely think she's a victim. I also think the situation is odd. I suspect that TC has manipulated her their entire life together. I would not be surprised if there is severe codependency, and that doesn't just unravel in a month. I hope that she and the whole family are also offered services. They will need help reconciling this. The family of the perpetrator is often left hanging in that way.
Very well said! These are my thoughts but you said it so much nicer than I did.

I'm signing off but want to say,
"This was a GREAT Day!"
I'm so happy for the Thomas Family that their ET is coming home. Her siblings must be so excited to see her, I bet the younger ones have made banners, hung streamers, and baked a cake- they are planning a celebration! I know thats what my kids love to do, throw a party!

JMO

Yes. It's 2017 and everyone can STILL have their own beliefs. Whether you or I agree with them doesn't mean they are wrong.

Some opinions are wrong. That's why we have movements, laws, uprisings, etc. Her opinion is legally and morally wrong.

Not that it's relevant to this case, other than I hope she is held accountable for the absurd and insensitive statements...and she chooses to keep her mouth shut about TC and ET from here on.

Maybe she said it in case he saw it so he would feel like he had someone to come home to and wouldn't resort to killing himself and ET.

I agree. I also think that she didn't have the full details of what really happened then. Things might be changing when slapped with the reality of him not being the upstanding guy she thought he was. Before today? She could almost pretend ET and TC weren't in a relationship that he was just protecting her. After today? The evidence is pretty much out there now for all to see.

Technically I know you're right, and my Catholic guilt tells me to comply with that sentiment. However, her statements on GMA make me less inclined to be as warm to her. Logically I get it, but emotionally I'm not there. But I agree, I need to be little more kind.

Whenever I follow a case... I cannot help but think "there but for the Grace of God, go I". I mean, even for non-religious folks, this kind of carp has to be devastating to their idea of what they *thought* they had with their husband.

I lived in the PNW when Gary Ridgeway was doing his evil deeds and the MSM was calling him The Green River Killer. Sitting at my grandma's dinner table one night while the news was on and they found another body-dump, she said "you never really know what someone in capable of, until you know what someone is capable of... and even then, you can't believe it". That statement stuck with me all these years. It's probably very similar to what JC has been thinking all these weeks.

moo.

Some opinions are wrong. That's why we have movements, laws, uprisings, etc. Her opinion is legally and morally wrong.

Not that it's relevant to this case, other than I hope she is held accountable for the absurd and insensitive statements...and she chooses to keep her mouth shut about TC and ET from here on.

This is the last thing I will say.... it is not legally wrong to have opinions.

Thanks Gitana. We know what she went through. I think tlcya has set some limits and reeled us in. No need to shut down the thread. :)

Yeah I'm not advocating detailing what she MIGHT have gone through. I don't really want to know. I was responding to the charges and how the facts prove intent.

But details of the case are going to come up and be discussed on here. Granted I haven't had time to to read a lot of the threads so there might have been ad nuasuem and graphic speculation which I agree is unnecessary. And whatever the mods deem necessary to protect her, I'm good with.

No it's not. But it's not also 1950. I will never understand why it matters who marries who period (obviously consenting adults).

Have an opinion about yourself and who you would marry but really why care about anyone else and who they marry. idk

HELLO EVERYONE.

MAKING THIS
POST BIG AND LOUD SO NO ONE CAN SAY THEY DID NOT UNDERSTAND.

STOP WITH THE KY JELLY AND ANYTHING ALONG THOSE LINES.

STOP WITH THE WISHING RAPE ON SOMEONE IN PRISON.

THANK YOU. I WILL STOP SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS NOW.

Love,
Tricia

Holy what?!?! I work so hard today that I don't check in and this is what I've missed? I guess I have to start at page one but I'm so thrilled she's been saved!

No, it's not. How she'd like to handle interracial marriage and other things are legally wrong.

She is certainly allowed an opinion, but she's not guaranteed that society won't have plenty to say about.

Now, back to ET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member