Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
MCElizabethsSister -- can you clarify something for me?

I have read that ET stayed the night at a friends house on 3/12. On 3/13 her friend drove her to Shoneys.

First question:
1) The girl who drove her, was this the same friend that she spent the night with?

2) After she spent the night with her friend did she come home that morning just to leave again? The surveillance footage was from her house Monday (3/13) morning wasnt it?

If she did come home that morning....I wonder why? Doesn't make much sense to come home that early in the morning only to leave right away.

I just want to add, and ask, not to divulge anything that can harm LE efforts to either catch or prosecute TC.

The above is my opinion only.

I'm only aware of literally a couple license plate readers in this area and they are at specific intersections that people never come to a full stop when no one is there.
I think they are on most highways? I'm not sure about that location though. I'm from a large city so I'm used to them bring all over because of all the highways here.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

True...I am thinking he took the suv because it offered more room for sleeping, hauling crap than the jeep. Also? We used to own a jeep with a soft top (not sure if his was a soft top or hard top). They are not really comfortable at all. They don't ride super well, and I would not want to be stuck in a bad storm in a jeep. The Nissan would be much more comfortable and safe.
I'm guessing his was a soft top, I saw him mention the zippers on his used to be loud when he was tweeting about his Jeep.

I know there was much discussion last night about Tad "supporters".

I don't think we really know what that means and, instead, have created many scenarios in our minds.

Whatever their level of "support" for Tad, I doubt many support his actions of this case.

Whether they do or not, they should not have their constitutional rights trampled on. As someone suggested last night, it is a good idea for LE to touch base with them and continue to ask questions.

I think there is a reasonable possibility, if this last very long, that one of those friends will get a surprise call from Tad indicating either that both are fine and, thus, he can justify his actions or that he has come to his senses but does not know what to do next.

We have already been through this, no one is calling to have their constitutional rights violated.

I think ET's sister has been clear all along about the support for him and even some of the articles have been.

We have already been through this, no one is calling to have their constitutional rights violated.

I think ET's sister has been clear all along about the support for him and even some of the articles have been.

Yes, I am giving my opinion about that discussion.

Thanks for the time frame of getting to the border. I am not sure he went through an established border crossing.

Once the initial AA went out, he must have known others would follow. I would think that triggered an acceleration of his escape plan.

I didn't say they went through Laredo, I'm just giving an estimate on how long it would take to go from Decatur to a border crossing in Texas.

Easy-peazy and since the AA was not in effect until late Tuesday night, he could have waltzed right through the border, whether it be a designated crossing or a back road crossing.

Yesterday, WHNT News 19 went live on Facebook for about 4 hours on this case. I am working and haven't had time to go through all 4 hours, but there are thousands of comments to go through on there, some of them could contain some kind of information or even a thought process to build on in a way to help find her.

TBI to hold briefing in Elizabeth Thomas Amber Alert case

According to TBI spokesman Josh DeVine, the briefing will be held at 10:30 CST in the Tom Primm Room at the Maury County Courthouse on Public Square.

http://tnne.ws/2nHXphQ

Thanks for the time frame of getting to the border. I am not sure he went through an established border crossing.

Once the initial AA went out, he must have known others would follow. I would think that triggered an acceleration of his escape plan.

He had a good 36 hours to escape before there was even a missing persons posted about ET, let alone an Amber Alert.

I am intrigued by your theory.

I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions to learn more about it.

What was the purpose of going south to Decatur? Was it just to create a false direction of flight via the phone ping? (It is interesting that LE has not indicated a trail of pings along I-65.)

Why do you think their going northeast? Is their a particular destination?

Just the one ping.

I believe TC told his wife that he was interviewing for a job in Decatur ( take that with a grain of salt, because I don't have a link). So...he's going on the lam with a 15 year old girl, but tells his wife where he is really going? BS.

TC took 2 guns. Why 2? My guess is one for him and one for her. Reason? I'm guessing protection. In a remote wilderness camping situation, large predators would be a concern.

He's from TN. He once worked in Murfreesboro. I live in The Cherokee National Forest in TN. I know how remote this area is. I also know how remote Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg is (assuming you stay off the strip). You could hide out in the forest in these areas for a long time, AND, you could still venture out for a "fun day" to keep a 15 year old from going stir crazy.

Finally, if he has her in TN, then he's avoiding the charge of transporting a minor across state lines.

Just some thoughts. I'm not deadest on any theory in this case. They could be anywhere.

They still have functional pay phones around the country, I can assure you, but that's beside the point because it was merely an example.

The friend was the last to see her, dropped her off, isn't cooperating, is part of the protest group and if... again, for example, was found to be doing something like posting questionable stuff on Facebook or seen buying burners at Walmart, they'd have their reasonable suspicion to request a warrant for additional surveillance.

I've already done the law school thing, lol.

Can't a juvenile (her friend) be charged with obstruction of justice? And, if her friend wouldn't take her back home when ET asked her to do so, isn't that a form of kidnapping? Seems to me, imo, that pressure could be put on friend to get her to talk.

I didn't say they went through Laredo, I'm just giving an estimate on how long it would take to go from Decatur to a border crossing in Texas.

Easy-peazy and since the AA was not in effect until late Tuesday night, he could have waltzed right through the border, whether it be a designated crossing or a back road crossing.

I did wrongly infer that you projected that they might have crossed the border at Laredo.

It is my theory that they crossed the border from TX and as soon as possible after the AA went out.

I appreciate your discussion.

I think they are on most highways? I'm not sure about that location though. I'm from a large city so I'm used to them bring all over because of all the highways here.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
It depends on the area, someone was talking about license plate readers in Birmingham.

On the nissan, does it have a light over the licesne plate? If so, he can unscrew it and be traveling at night as it may make it harder to read. Just an idea.

Sorry if this has already been posted
'Student in Elizabeth Thomas case speaks out'
http://www.newschannel5.com/news/student-of-suspect-in-elizabeth-thomas-amber-alert-speaks-out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting that she calls him "Tad" instead of "Mr. Tad" or "Mr. Cummins". Not a typical way that teachers are addressed in the South, esp teachers who are 50 years old. This makes me think that he sees himself as a "friend" with dual relationships to the students and not an authority figure.

Also, do we know the exact trim level of the Nissan? Was it an S or SV? There's a difference in the wheels on the NISSAN in the poster photo as compared to the photo released from his gas station fill up.

Just the one ping.

I believe TC told his wife that he was interviewing for a job in Decatur ( take that with a grain of salt, because I don't have a link). So...he's going on the lam with a 15 year old girl, but tells his wife where he is really going? BS.

TC took 2 guns. Why 2? My guess is one for him and one for her. Reason? I'm guessing protection. In a remote wilderness camping situation, large predators would be a concern.

He's from TN. He once worked in Murfreesboro. I live in The Cherokee National Forest in TN. I know how remote this area is. I also know how remote Sevierville, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg is (assuming you stay off the strip). You could hide out in the forest in these areas for a long time, AND, you could still venture out for a "fun day" to keep a 15 year old from going stir crazy.

Finally, if he has her in TN, then he's avoiding the charge of transporting a minor across state lines.

Just some thoughts. I'm not deadest on any theory in this case. They could be anywhere.

Your theory is a good one and I agree that you can hide in those mountains for a while. I lived in the Tri-Cities for quite a while many years ago.

I remember a fugitive hiding on the NC side for quite sometime.

I don't think he is concerned about crossing state lines. At this point he is going for broke.

My problem (well, one of them) in the hiding in the woods theory is that it does not seem to give a long term solution like living in another country does.

Either way, great thoughts about why they may be in those mountains.

It depends on the area, someone was talking about license plate readers in Birmingham.

Individual police vehicles can be equipped with LPRs too. I'm sure they're more prevalent in some towns/locales than others.

Did anyone think to check camp grounds near small town movie theaters?

I'm certain they definitely went to see the new Beauty and the Beast movie that came out on March 17th. Or maybe they plan to once they've settled somewhere for a while?

I apologized if this was already spoken about... I find it hard keeping up with this thread! Very active, which is pertinent in bringing Elizabeth home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny