Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly rob, a new country for a new life.

I think they went further south but I do think the plan, at least Tad's plan, was for another country.

The above is my opinion only.

I don't doubt it. It is about 16 hours from Decatur to Laredo (a border crossing).

If her phone pinged in Decatur at 3:00pm on Monday, March 13th, they could have been to the border by 7am Tuesday morning. Even if they slept a few hours that night, say at the MOST he made it to the border by Noon.

The Amber Alert and her being missing as posted by MSM didn't occurred until about 6 or 7 that night. They could have been deep into Mexico by that time.

Great question and I agree that sleeping in a car not a dream life. Although, a teen could handle it better than a 50 year old. Makes my back hurt thinking about it.

I think it is a means to a better end. It is the alternative of staying in a motel where the risk of getting caught is higher.

I agree that a motel is very high risk!

Exactly rob, a new country for a new life.

I think they went further south but I do think the plan, at least Tad's plan, was for another country.

I agree with that. Except I do think they are currently staying put in camp, waiting for things to die down. My gut is also telling me that the Decatur phone ping was intentional. No one is going to tell me that he was smart enough to research whether his vehicle could be tracked, but not smart enough to understand phone pings. I really believe that the headed north east from Decatur.

JMO

As a new day begins, what does everyone have planned to find Elizabeth? I am continuing to hang flyers at remote campsites, parks and hiking trails. I hit all of the truck stops and rest stops in my area yesterday.

I agree with that. Except I do think they are currently staying put in camp, waiting for things to die down. My gut is also telling me that the Decatur phone ping was intentional. No one is going to tell me that he was smart enough to research whether his vehicle could be tracked, but not smart enough to understand phone pings. I really believe that the headed north east from Decatur.

JMO

I agree! Great post. I believe he planned the ping as well.

I can't find the link now, I'm sure it's on my work computer but about the video they showed of Elizabeth teaching her brother how to sew a Confederate flag . I did not hear much of a lisp at all? I also didn't hear a thick accent?
To me, she sounded just like a regular teenager. Sadly I wouldn't be able to pick her voice out of a crowd because she sounded very normal to me.
I'm at the Jersey shore so I expected to hear a southern accent but I didn't.
Did anyone else hear it? Maybe I need to listen again.

Our family is from Indiana. Although she was born here she doesn't have a "southern" accent

I think the plan was to camp on the run and not hunker down.

That totally makes sense. I am just saying that if they are exclusively sleeping in the rogue I can't imagine they are comfortable. Especially TC because rogues are tight fits for taller people.
Not saying they are not doing just that but maybe (hopefully) they are uncomfortable and it makes them make a move. Even better if it makes TC lose sleep and the sleep deprivation makes him make a mistake.

Because we're on the topic of Tad's vehicle, I will say now that Nissan rogues do not have OnStar!
Way back in the first thread a lot of people chimed in saying that they think le can track the car with OnStar. This is not true at all. Tad has a Nissan rogue. They are not GM , they are Nissan and would NOT come with OnStar! Just wanted to say that before we get fifty people who haven't combed thru all the threads yet saying stuff about OnStar! Lol

There are hatch tents that are made specifically for 2015 Nissan Rogues. TN doesn't require front license plates. While I doubt they have been staying in a tent this entire time. This would be perfect if they are moving about. Conceals the license plate perfectly.

(link for photo: http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Truck-Tents/_Nissan-Rogue)
attachment.php

Attachments

• 4281_1_md.jpg
    4281_1_md.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 205

JMO

I am intrigued by your theory.

I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions to learn more about it.

What was the purpose of going south to Decatur? Was it just to create a false direction of flight via the phone ping? (It is interesting that LE has not indicated a trail of pings along I-65.)

Why do you think their going northeast? Is their a particular destination?

As a new day begins, what does everyone have planned to find Elizabeth? I am continuing to hang flyers at remote campsites, parks and hiking trails. I hit all of the truck stops and rest stops in my area yesterday.

Post pics of TC, ET, and the Rogue on FB and keep my eyes open.

It occurred to me yesterday that they may be travelling at night, when the vehicle would be less recognizable.

Our family is from Indiana. Although she was born here she doesn't have a "southern" accent

Ok
For some reason I had imagined that I would hear a southern accent and I absolutely did not. At least we now know her voice so we can try to keep our ears open for it! I think it was a good idea to release her voice. She sounded like a regular teenager but any extra bit could certainly help identify her. She has distinct eyes, I think someone could easily recognize her eyes.

I am intrigued by your theory.

I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions to learn more about it.

What was the purpose of going south to Decatur? Was it just to create a false direction of flight via the phone ping? (It is interesting that LE has not indicated a trail of pings along I-65.)

Why do you think their going northeast? Is their a particular destination?

I have another question to add to this : did the phone only ping in Decatur? Because to me if the only place it pinged was there after they were together it makes that ping even more suspicious.

MCElizabethsSister -- can you clarify something for me?

I have read that ET stayed the night at a friends house on 3/12. On 3/13 her friend drove her to Shoneys.

First question:
1) The girl who drove her, was this the same friend that she spent the night with?

2) After she spent the night with her friend did she come home that morning just to leave again? The surveillance footage was from her house Monday (3/13) morning wasnt it?

If she did come home that morning....I wonder why? Doesn't make much sense to come home that early in the morning only to leave right away.

I did everything I could think to do yesterday. Hit every SAR and endangered/missing website we know, spoke to several people connected to the businesses TC frequented in Orange Beach and asked them to help spread the word/ post flyers in that area, posted on several Appalachian Trail social media sites asking hikers to be alert.

Today, I feel like I've hit the damned wall. But I'm open to suggestions.

I don't doubt it. It is about 16 hours from Decatur to Laredo (a border crossing).

If her phone pinged in Decatur at 3:00pm on Monday, March 13th, they could have been to the border by 7am Tuesday morning. Even if they slept a few hours that night, say at the MOST he made it to the border by Noon.

The Amber Alert and her being missing as posted by MSM didn't occurred until about 6 or 7 that night. They could have been deep into Mexico by that time.

Thanks for the time frame of getting to the border. I am not sure he went through an established border crossing.

Once the initial AA went out, he must have known others would follow. I would think that triggered an acceleration of his escape plan.

The only issue with that is if someone was driving around with those plates I am sure they would have been picked up by a license plate reader by now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I'm only aware of literally a couple license plate readers in this area and they are at specific intersections that people never come to a full stop when no one is there.

MCElizabethsSister -- can you clarify something for me?

I have read that ET stayed the night at a friends house on 3/12. On 3/13 her friend drove her to Shoneys.

First question:
1) The girl who drove her, was this the same friend that she spent the night with?

2) After she spent the night with her friend did she come home that morning just to leave again? The surveillance footage was from her house Monday (3/13) morning wasnt it?

If she did come home that morning....I wonder why? Doesn't make much sense to come home that early in the morning only to leave right away.

She didn't spend the night. She slept in her own bed 03/12.

She left from her house. The picture of her with the bags was in her front yard just stepping off the porch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abcdowpp1