Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
TC would have been crazy to have used what limited funds he had to purchase a camper. He would need $$ for gas, food. My money says he is camping out in the Rogue, just like in his instagram photo.

Remember, the less contact he has with others, the less likely chance someone will recognize him. If he were buying a camper, the chance of someone recognizing him goes up.

Fwiw
I wasn't saying it can't be done. I was saying that it can't pull very much weight. I'm sure it can be done. I've seen a Honda Civic pull a camper. Anything is possible . But I don't think they'd be going cross country or anything in that situation.

There are smaller pop up campers that it is safe to haul that weigh between 600 and 1000 pounds.

That Nissan rogue was the wrong choice if he was thinking about pulling a camper or trailer! It could be done but those Nissan rogues lack power( without googling it, I think he would have to have had the hitch installed. I don't think it comes standard on those models. I'll edit this post later if I'm wrong)

http://www.jackingramnissan.com/blog/much-nissan-rogue-able-tow/

I was correct that this model isn't going to tow very much at all. Even less then I expected

The rogues are the smallest suv/crossover that Nissan makes and they are pretty wimpy. While the backseat does lay down it would be a very tight fit for 6'0 TC to sleep in it. Maybe if they adjust the front seats all the way up? But still it would be very tight to sleep in plus have supplies. And honestly they are not that comfortable for tall people to ride in for really long distances. It could be possible to camp in it I suppose but I wouldn't want to for more than a night or two.

I say all this as a rogue owner with a 6' husband and 5'10 myself.

TBI said an "erroneous report" claimed that the Amber Alert was issued in Mexico or Central America. DeVine said that is not the case, but FBI, instead, reached out to law enforcement agencies in those areas "in the name of due diligence."

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story...orts-of-amber-alert-in-mexico-central-america

I thought it sounded odd that an AA could be issued in another country.

I am glad they have reached out to LE in those countries.

I could be completely wrong in my theory that their plan was Central America, but if I was not it is good to know more eyes are looking.

The above is my opinion only.

The only issue with that is if someone was driving around with those plates I am sure they would have been picked up by a license plate reader by now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Maybe they have been and we don't know abut it yet because LE hasn't shared that info.

I am looking at every license plate I see. I have not seen many out-of-state plates, and I still have not seen a single silver Nissan Rogue.

The rogues are the smallest suv/crossover that Nissan makes and they are pretty wimpy. While the backseat does lay down it would be a very tight fit for 6'0 TC to sleep in it. Maybe if they adjust the front seats all the way up? But still it would be very tight to sleep in plus have supplies. And honestly they are not that comfortable for tall people to ride in for really long distances. It could be possible to camp in it I suppose but I wouldn't want to for more than a night or two.

I say all this as a rogue owner with a 6' husband and 5'10 myself.

I think the plan was to camp on the run and not hunker down.

Maybe they have been and we don't know abut it yet because LE hasn't shared that info.

I am looking at every license plate I see. I have not seen many out-of-state plates, and I still have not seen a single silver Nissan Rogue.

Edited to add: one other thing I noticed is that some people around here only have a license plate on the rear of their vehicles.

I think the plan was to camp on the run and not hunker down.

I'm not sure that a teen will do well with that though. And really, after the money runs out, without a camper, how do they think they will make it?

Sorry if this has already been posted
'Student in Elizabeth Thomas case speaks out'
http://www.newschannel5.com/news/student-of-suspect-in-elizabeth-thomas-amber-alert-speaks-out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting this. I find it odd that most of that talk was about the teacher, and also odd that the student referred to him as "Tad," not "Mr. Cummins." It sees to be a glimpse into the previously mentioned mentality of the community that he is not at fault. It makes me very sad. I hope today is the day that they are found, alive and well!

I'm betting that they headed to Mexico to 'start a new life'. With talk of marriage and all, they or at least he is planning long term. Running or camping, you're only going to last so long till you're caught. In a new country, with a little money, you could start over.
JMO

Actually, we saw from last night, that there are some tad supporters. *gags*

So, you can take "supporters" to any level you want.

I don't take that to mean supporting his actions of taking this girl.

However, if I am wrong, you are suggesting (based on being a "supporter") that there is a person or persons willing to go to federal prison for him.

Possible I suppose.

I'm betting that they headed to Mexico to 'start a new life'. With talk of marriage and all, they or at least he is planning long term. Running or camping, you're only going to last so long till you're caught. In a new country, with a little money, you could start over.
JMO

Exactly rob, a new country for a new life.

I think they went further south but I do think the plan, at least Tad's plan, was for another country.

So, you can take "supporters" to any level you want.

I don't take that to mean supporting his actions of taking this girl.

However, if I am wrong, you are suggesting (based on being a "supporter") that there is a person or persons willing to go to federal prison for him.

Possible I suppose.

Who knows? People have gone insane with the decisions they make.

Just a thought, maybe the Tad supporters are not cooperating not because they believe that he is protecting ET, but because they want him to stay gone. If they in any way aided or are aiding the abduction, it would be in their best interest to not be forthcoming with any info they have. So as long as he is gone, they are relatively safe from any implications of aiding in a crime.

Or it could be that they have been victimized by Tad (the students in particular) and see keeping silent as a way to keep him from returning, and in their minds, potentially resuming his predatory behavior in the classroom? If some of the teachers are supportive of TC then the students could easily assume that he could return.

I hope LE is bringing in mental health professionals to evaluate the teachers and students in that school.

I'm not sure that a teen will do well with that though. And really, after the money runs out, without a camper, how do they think they will make it?

Great question and I agree that sleeping in a car not a dream life. Although, a teen could handle it better than a 50 year old. Makes my back hurt thinking about it.

I think it is a means to a better end. It is the alternative of staying in a motel where the risk of getting caught is higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member