Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just reported on Channel 4 out of Nashville that ET's father was sent two still shots from the security camera, and he said that it was definitely ET at the gas station, his own daughter.

I'm starting to smell a big rat here..................why is the TBI so quick to dismiss all of this without even going to the scene ? Is it possible they have these two under surveillance somewhere else ?

They just reported on Channel 4 out of Nashville that ET's father was sent two still shots from the security camera, and he said that it was definitely ET at the gas station, his own daughter.

I'm starting to smell a big rat here..................why is the TBI so quick to dismiss all of this without even going to the scene ? Is it possible they have these two under surveillance somewhere else ?

We can only hope. Maybe they were afraid of a hostage situation or some kind of standoff if TC realized they were on to him?

I was gone for about four hours. What's going on?

You might want to go back to the last thread and start reading about 20 pages from the end............it's pretty exciting.

But, by the time you get back to this spot..................you'll realize you've been fleeced and f lammed.

I was gone for about four hours. What's going on?

I think they are trying to find them and as long as the news crews were hovering they were hindering the police efforts. They called the media off so they could do their jobs. I think the pic was of TC and that's why Nashville issued updated bolo saying TC had shaved his facial hair. JMO

Was wondering the same thing. If they're closing in on/have a location on the real TC and Elizabeth then maybe they just want them to think the pressure is off? Maybe they're trying to dodge the media?

It's the plate confirmation that keeps me wondering if there's a kernel of truth here...but *that* van was a red herring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eye witness accounts are notoriously unreliable. Someone probably saw two people get out of the van and head in the general direction of the bus stop, and within 10 minutes everyone in the area was probably clamoring to talk to reporters, telling them all that the TC and ET got on a bus. If TBI hadn't shut it down, we'd probably be getting reports that he took the bus hostage by now.
Yet Elizabeth Smart and Hannah Anderson were saved that way.

I think they are trying to find them and as long as the news crews were hovering they were hindering the police efforts. They called the media off so they could do their jobs. I think the pic was of TC and that's why Nashville issued updated bolo saying TC had shaved his facial hair. JMO

That's true! If they haven't retracted the bit about the shaved facial hair I think we could maybe take that as a sign of the validity of the sighting. Or maybe they are just inept. Or the media went nuts and doesn't care about retracting false info.

The fact that the cops actually said the press needs to stand down or they won't be able to do this gives me a bit of hope that it was a real sighting (van unrelated to it though) and they are trying to resolve it without tv helicopters surrounding them. I don't know the legalities of outright lying that it isn't them though.
This. I think there was a different possible sighting, and the van was red herring the media developed and ran with on their own - because they can.

That white van was sitting in the Krystal's parking lot for an awfully long time...seems odd that the owner would have been obliviously eating a hamburger while every cop in Memphis swarmed around his van. It wasn't until 2 or 3 hours later that the "owner" showed up, with a girl who did look an awful lot like ET. Maybe they staged it so the media would think it was nothing more than a mistaken identify and back off.

Marking my place.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Dear Media,

If confirmation of sightings from a state-run LE organization supersedes confirmation of sightings from local authorities, then please wait to get the highest level of confirmation possible before going live on tv with "breaking news" or at the very least, please specify if the highest level of confirmation possible is still pending. Families of victims are watching and you are being unethical about what your "breaking news" entails.

Thank you.

Guys, sorry I don't mean to be a killjoy. But can we get off the media bashing please. I work in the media (not anywhere near this story) and it's so frustrating to hear this all the time.

Media or news, will always go with what police say. That's a fact. If the police make a mistake, then it's their fault, not the medias. They are legit doing their job.

And to be honest, unless you have some inside information, you really don't know how it works, how we get stories, confirmations etc.

And yes I realize that the news can be wrong for sure. That does happen. But in this instance, it was not their fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That white van was sitting in the Krystal's parking lot for an awfully long time...seems odd that the owner would have been obliviously eating a hamburger while every cop in Memphis swarmed around his van. It wasn't until 2 or 3 hours later that the "owner" showed up, with a girl who did look an awful lot like ET. Maybe they staged it so the media would think it was nothing more than a mistaken identify and back off.

And how does that event tie into witnesses claiming to have seen these two board a MATA bus and take off ? If seems to me as if we have two different reports at play here, and only one of them has been discounted.....the white van.

For all we know, they could have been walking by that van and tried to get into it. When they couldn't they started walking and someone associated them with the van. It could have been pure coincidence and timing, as they were reportedly on foot.

The fact that the cops actually said the press needs to stand down or they won't be able to do this gives me a bit of hope that it was a real sighting (van unrelated to it though) and they are trying to resolve it without tv helicopters surrounding them. I don't know the legalities of outright lying that it isn't them though.
Yes that statement was odd..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Long time lurker, first time poster :wave:

Fervently hoping there was a credible sighting and a solid lead somewhere in this. It's been so frustrating going so long without any new info at all.

I'm going to have a look at them. I kinda like the theory of them trying to throw the media off.

I really hope you guys/gals are right, but unfortunately, I don't think they were spotted in TN at all.

:sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member