Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #18 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
While financials probably have something to do with her selling the house, maybe there's more to it. Maybe she can't stand to live in the same home she once shared with TC, as maybe it is just too full of memories and reminders of what is no more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course he has a water bed. :doh:

Eww.

On another note, that home does not look lived in form the few photos I saw. Nothing in there really.

Wow! Houses are mighty cheap in Columbia!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holy cow you're not kidding. Homes in my neighborhood are in the upper 600's.

She has no choice but to sell it. She is living on less than half of the household income she used to; she is an admin at the Maury County Board of Education. I'm sure it's a decent job, but I am also sure that she is not making six figures. I sincerely doubt that she would pay for his legal defense out of her half of the sale price, but he is legally entitled to half of the community property, unfortunately. She should, IMHO, get that check and move to Costa Rica with no forwarding address.

:cow:

Where is Loribelle? (Probably getting more work done than I). TN is not a community property state. It looks like various factyors are considered in order to determine what an "equitable: (fair) division would be:

http://law.justia.com/codes/tennessee/2010/title-36/chapter-4/36-4-121

I'm interested in:

[FONT=&amp](2) [/FONT][FONT=&amp]The age, physical and mental health, vocational skills, employability, earning capacity, estate, financial liabilities and financial needs of each of the parties;

[/FONT][FONT=&amp](8) [/FONT][FONT=&amp]The economic circumstances of each party at the time the division of property is to become effective;

[/FONT][FONT=&amp](11) [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Such other factors as are necessary to consider the equities between the parties.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Emphasis by me.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]ETA: Never mind. It looks like property division isn't affected by fault -[/FONT][FONT=&amp] [/FONT]http://memphisdivorce.com/property-division-faq/

According to Zillow median home prices are around 196k

According to National Association of Realtors in 2014 189k

Was wondering if he did agree to sell the house, maybe on one of the phone calls. He must have been served the divorce papers in CA.

The divorce is not final so I would think if TC's name is on the title he is entitled to his share. idk

Social media shows the house in both names and bought in 1986. I would imagine (assuming they did not refinance at any point) it's almost paid for. I guess he's going to need his half for his defense [emoji53]

Edited to say it's linked on a page I can't link because the group is apparently private. I'll see if I can find the link of the site where the info came from.

Social media shows the house in both names and bought in 1986. I would imagine (assuming they did not refinance at any point) it's almost paid for. I guess he's going to need his half for his defense [emoji53]

Edited to say it's linked on a page I can't link because the group is apparently private. I'll see if I can find the link of the site where the info came from.

I feel like we found it had been refinanced--maybe it was in that big packet of info we got from the media in the beginning?

In the South, the cost of living is relatively low compared to other parts of the country. My son lives in Washington, DC and pays more rent (his share of the rent, shares a condo with 5 other people) than my mortgage payment on my 2400 square foot house.

I think the house is nice and would be a nice starter home. I can just hear people on House Hunters saying it only has one small bathroom, no granite countertops, no stainless steel appliance, blah, blah , blah.
With some new paint and other touches, this home will be a nice home.

JC probably needs money ASAP. She may owe money on a car that is impounded in CA. No telling what other bills have to be paid.

Looks like she already sold it too. It says "Under Contract".

Go JC.

Under contract means the house is owner financed according to this: http://www.realtor.com/advice/buy/what-does-under-contract-mean-in-a-listings-status/

EDIT: Apparently that site sucks because it's not correct. See post #35, house is pending sale!

Search here, select Maury under counties and then search TC's name (last name then first name): http://www.assessment.cot.tn.gov/RE_Assessment/SelectCounty.aspx

Purchased in October 1986, doesn't list a price. Assessed at $83,800 in 2014.

Under contract means the house is owner financed according to this: http://www.realtor.com/advice/buy/what-does-under-contract-mean-in-a-listings-status/

Search here, select Maury under counties and then search TC's name (last name then first name): http://www.assessment.cot.tn.gov/RE_Assessment/SelectCounty.aspx

Purchased in October 1986, doesn't list a price. Assessed at $83,800 in 2014.

Sorry hate to disagree again:(...

I've sold several houses in a couple of states and under contract means someone put an offer on the house and it was accepted.

Several things happen now...awaiting financing or if someone came in pre approved just the inspection and closing, which is determined by the contract and signed by both parties.

NOW granted it is certainly not under the realm of possibility the house is paid off sooner than the normal 30 year mortgage! Unless this means something totally different from state to state. Which in my experience in a couple of states it doesn't mean owner financing per say.

ETA - scroll down further to see other explanations.

I've sold several houses in a couple of states and under contract means someone put an offer on the house and it was accepted.

Several things happen now...awaiting financing or if someone came in pre approved just the inspection and closing, which is determined by the contract and signed by both parties.

NOW granted it is certainly not under the realm of possibility the house is paid off sooner than the normal 30 year mortgage!

Same here, although I've never sold one in TN. Plus I was a realtor for a minute and under contract meant in the process of being sold :)

Here is the link:
http://www.assessment.cot.tn.gov/RE_Assessment/ParcelDetailIMPACT.aspx

Such an incredibly sad situation. I hope TC spends the rest of his life behind bars for the horrific crimes he committed against precious 15 year old ET. I pray she will some day be able to put this all behind her and lead a happy, fulfilling life. My heart also hurts for JC. They've lived in this home the entire duration of their marriage. It's bound to hold so many memories for she and her girls, and grand babies. I dunno.... I'm a sentimental fool I reckon. Just sad....

Aww, no worries. :hug:

NOW granted it is certainly not under the realm of possibility the house is paid off sooner than the normal 30 year mortgage! Unless this means something totally different from state to state. Which in my experience in a couple of states it doesn't mean owner financing per say.

That's what I thought as well but it came up on Realtor.com's website which is where the listing was from. Weird that they say that. I did confirm by looking at several other sites that yes, there's an offer in on the house. One site says it's a contingent offer which means something else needs to happen before the sale can be completed. So yep, looks like the house is sold. Wow, that was fast!

Can TC waive all of his financial rights to property?

Sure. He could, but I bet he won't. He's a narcissist according to those who knew him. Entitled to the best defense his half of the equity can buy.

In the South, the cost of living is relatively low compared to other parts of the country. My son lives in Washington, DC and pays more rent (his share of the rent, shares a condo with 5 other people) than my mortgage payment on my 2400 square foot house.

I think the house is nice and would be a nice starter home. I can just hear people on House Hunters saying it only has one small bathroom, no granite countertops, no stainless steel appliance, blah, blah , blah.
With some new paint and other touches, this home will be a nice home.

JC probably needs money ASAP. She may owe money on a car that is impounded in CA. No telling what other bills have to be paid.

It's super sad. It is upsetting that she can't get all the equity and has to split what there might be with that person. And likely have to pay a bunch of debt on top of it.

This crime has done more than cause her to lose her mate. Now her home and the bit of financial security she may have had, knowing another income was coming in. She's having to sell her home and is now on the verge of real poverty.

It's horrible, what this man has done to her. Selfish and ugly and cruel.

Good for JC. If the house is sold he won't be able to use the house for collateral if he ever makes bond. I'm sure they owe alot and are in financial debt He did file bankruptcy I'm not sure which chapter.

She's probably going to move in with one of her daughters. I don't know if that's a good idea considering TC daughters are very supportive of their dad they may encourage JC to support their dad, and stay together as a family.

I hope she's not selling the house to get a good private attorney to represent him. I don't expect him to keep his public defender in a case of this magnitude

More than likely his name is on the deed. The house is probably being sold to pay for his defense and/or bond.

Aww, no worries. :hug:

That's what I thought as well but it came up on Realtor.com's website which is where the listing was from. Weird that they say that. I did confirm by looking at several other sites that yes, there's an offer in on the house. One site says it's a contingent offer which means something else needs to happen before the sale can be completed. So yep, looks like the house is sold. Wow, that was fast!

That link at realtor.com had five answers from five realtors. I think folks just thought there was obly one and didn't perhaps scroll down to realize and see the other more common answers/ definition.

It's mega hard to leave behind a house and a marriage, but it can be done. JC didn't know it, but her marriage probably was a sham.
I can somewhat (a little) relate. I was involved in a church, had a 31-yr marriage (howbeit abusive), and had to 'ditch' a somewhat large house (4 bedrooms, etc) . Anyways, it's a good and much better life for me as I focus on my job and the grandkids now. The grandkids don't really mind that I live in a tiny apartment. They still beg to come over. JC, as well, needs to find a new normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member