TN TN - Rhonda Daugherty, 49, LaFollette, 2 Dec 2014 - *L. Vann guilty*

While investigators cannot confirm that two Campbell County cases are connected, 10News has learned that the husband of a missing woman was on the witness list in the criminal case of a man now on the the TBI's Top Ten Most Wanted list.

Rhonda Daugherty disappeared from her Campbell County home last Tuesday. Her belongings, including her car and cellphone, were still there.

Her husband, Charles Dougherty, was listed in court documents as a witness in the upcoming trial of Lonnie Vann. Vann was charged with Solicitation of a Minor, Tampering with Evidence, and Assault in July. The former teacher was accused of taking a 13-year-old student off school property and trying to kiss her at a local church.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/loca...between-a-missing-woman--wanted-man/20104563/

I don't believe I saw this posted yet but here is another Search for Rhonda FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sear...augherty-Lafollette-Tennessee/297890250409244

Awesome job WSers on finding a potential connection between the recent home invasion and Rhonda's disappearance. I also think you are all on to something here. That being said I hope it's not the case as the outcome is frightening.

Sending prayers to Rhonda and her family and friends.

So the rumor was sort of true. Rhonda's husband was scheduled to testify against Vann, not Rhonda.

So the rumor was sort of true. Rhonda's husband was scheduled to testify against Vann, not Rhonda.

OMG this IMO would confirm the connection and does not bode well for Rhonda.

OMG this IMO would confirm the connection and does not bode well for Rhonda.

I wonder what sort of testimony he had to offer?

I looked yesterday but could not find online court records for Campbell County, anyone know if criminal records are online there?

I looked yesterday but could not find online court records for Campbell County, anyone know if criminal records are online there?

I've been looking too Knox....can't find any "free" on-line source....but I'm an amateur at this stuff.

Found this link that may be able to help. But I want to also point out who the Circuit Court Clerk is and yes he is related FWIW. Enough said until we get MSM to announce a POI. MOO

http://www.justiceforalltn.com/county/campbell

KJ's Mamu, have you been able to verify that Rhonda has cancer?

Knox, the only thing I've found (on the 1450 WLAF page) is a comment (see below) that she is a cancer survivor.

Chief Deputy Aaron Evans says that the search efforts today have shifted into a more investigative direction. He explains that teams are going door-to-door, listening, and talking to as many folks in the community as possible this afternoon. Evans adds that they’ve not received any tips or leads that you could grasp and describes the process as frustrating at times. He notes that everyone involved is not closed minded, and that they are exploring all options. The woman, Evans says who just vanished, is a cancer survivor and has a grandbaby on the way.

This is not sounding well. Hope I am incorrect.

I've been looking too Knox....can't find any "free" on-line source....but I'm an amateur at this stuff.

I know I have looked up records in TN before, CC must be too small.

m_brown commented on Vann's desperation. I agree that his actions are escalating, but what is driving that? Is it the court date and is scared of being convicted? Wish we knew something about this guy.

Ok, thank you. I thought the comment was that she had just been diagnosed with cancer.

If you just google Lonnie and bobby vann another website (can't post here) will come up with some interesting comments. Treading lightly here because of TOS and please delete if not okay...apologies in advance.

Do we have any locals here? It seems the upcoming court appearance and details about the families are well known locally. IMO

RUMOR Alert-

Vann is reportedly in a rental car (think GPS). Supposedly spotted at a Clinton WalMart a bit ago.

LAFOLLETTE (WATE) - Word has been spreading in Campbell County that there may be a connection between the search for a missing woman and a man added to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation's Most Wanted List over the weekend.

WATE 6 On Your Side decided to investigate those claims.

Lonnie Vann, 44, was added to the TBI list following a robbery in LaFollette. Vann is a former middle school teacher who was already accused of soliciting a minor, tampering with evidence and assault.

Viewers have been telling us to look into the ties between his case and the disappearance of Rhonda Daugherty, who was last seen December 2 in the Coolidge area of Campbell County.

Daugherty's husband is listed as a grand jury witnesses called to testify about Vann's alleged inappropriate conduct with a student.
The TBI will not confirm if there is a connection as the search continues for both the Vann and the missing woman.

There is a sign posted outside Daugherty's church, which is the same church Lonnie Vann attended, according to his brother Bobby Vann, Campbell County's circuit court clerk.Vann says they knew each other.

Vann's attorney James Bell said: ""I am asking my client to surrender himself. It is essential he go to court for justice because on the streets he will eventually be apprehended and nothing good can come from being on the run."

Bobby Vann says he has not talked to his brother since Thanksgiving and he is shocked about the robbery allegations.

http://www.wate.com/story/27578079/...bell-county-robbery-suspect-and-missing-woman

NASHVILLE – The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has a new addition to the state’s Top 10 Most Wanted list, Lonnie Lee Vann of Jacksboro, TN.

Vann is wanted by the Campbell County Sheriff’s Office and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation for a Friday afternoon armed robbery on Deerfield Way in La Follette.

Vann, 44, is described as a white male with brown hair and brown eyes. He stands approximately 5 foot 9 inches tall and weighs 275 pounds. He was last seen driving a white Chevy Captiva with Maryland registration 2 B C 6 4 1 1. He is believed to be in possession of several firearms and should be considered extremely dangerous.

Anyone with information about the whereabouts of Vann is urged to call the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation at 1-800-TBI-FIND (1-800-824-3463). There is a $1,000 reward for information leading to his arrest. (12/06/2014 - 9:30 AM)

http://www.1450wlaf.com/

Lonnie Vann -- December 2014

Attachments

• Lonnie Vann Dec 2014.JPG
    Lonnie Vann Dec 2014.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 429
Former Campbell County teacher Lonnie Vann, 43, of Jacksboro, is wanted in connection to an armed robbery which occurred around 3:45 this afternoon in the Deerfield Resort Community. Sources tell WLAF that Vann is a very strong person of interest in connection with the robbery, which occurred at the residence of Jim Fields. According to sources, Vann tied up residence members, robbed them and then left in a cream-colored 2013 Chevrolet Captiva, which Vann had rented on Dec. 3 from LaFollette Enterprise. The vehicle has a Maryland tag with the numbers 2BC-6411. The case has been turned over to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. According to law enforcement, Vann is considered armed and dangerous and is actively being sought for questioning regarding the armed robbery.

In July, Vann was indicted by a grand jury for inappropriate conduct with a student after he was charged with solicitation of a minor, sexual battery by an authority figure, tampering with evidence and assault.

Vann taught at LaFollette Middle School and was placed on suspension without pay in October 2013 after allegations of the inappropriate conduct came to light.

http://www.1450wlaf.com/

Attachments

• Lonnie Vann.JPG
    Lonnie Vann.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 428
I must to go out for a few hours.... :( ....Rhonda will be on my mind. Hoping to see good news when I return!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vymocycy
Back