TN TN - Rhonda Daugherty, 49, LaFollette, 2 Dec 2014 - *L. Vann guilty*

So...has Lonnie been named as a POI in her disappearance? Have the cases been confirmed connected by LE? If so, are we free to dig up info about him and post? I get confused by some of the rules here and don't want to post anything not allowed.

If someone is mentioned in a msm article doesn't mean they can be sleuthed.

If Lonnie has not been mentioned by police as a person of interest or a suspect then no sleuthing please.

If someone is mentioned in a msm article doesn't mean they can be sleuthed.

If Lonnie has not been mentioned by police as a person of interest or a suspect then no sleuthing please.

Got it Tricia.

Can we still track progress and link to MSM stories as it relates to his crimes with the minor child and the robbery? He is currently on the LAM ...

Got it Tricia.

Can we still track progress and link to MSM stories as it relates to his crimes with the minor child and the robbery? He is currently on the LAM ...
Same rule of thumb applies: If you can link it to MSM, you can post it. No link, no post.

Is there active searches going on ?

Frustrating as I don't see any active searches by LE or groups at all. I'm confident that LE is searching but just not making it public. I don't react well to silence KWIM? :fear:

Frustrating as I don't see any active searches by LE or groups at all. I'm confident that LE is searching but just not making it public. I don't react well to silence KWIM? :fear:

Unfortunately for us, silence is the TBI's SOP in open investigations. : (

The TBI--

Their actions speak louder than their words. They just put him on the TOP 10 LIST in the state of Tennessee.

Let's talk about that for a minute.......... we have rapists, murderers, arsonists, drug suppliers and kidnappers on the loose that are not listed on the TOP 10. They might be listed on the TOP 100 or TOP 1000, if such a list existed... but it doesn't, so they are just listed as wanted by LE with corresponding BOLO's. Some of these guys have been on the run for weeks and months, managing to avoid LE. Many of them have been hardcore criminals for most of their life....still not on the TOP 10.

Now... Vann....who had pretty minimal charges for the most part, was listed on the TOP 10 immediately after the armed robbery AND right after Rhonda disappeared. You've gotta be a pretty major threat in order to make it onto that list. Nothing I have seen so far has mentioned any prior arrest or criminal history for Vann, yet he got put on the list in rapid fashion-- Bang!, right now !!

This woman is missing. The news media is actually showing both of their pictures side by side on their websites.
It doesn't matter if they are talking or not, everybody knows where this is going.

Like I said, ......the TBI's actions, speak much louder than their words..

Their actions speak louder than their words. They just put him on the TOP 10 LIST in the state of Tennessee.

Let's talk about that for a minute.......... we have rapists, murderers, arsonists, drug suppliers and kidnappers on the loose that are not listed on the TOP 10. They might be listed on the TOP 100 or TOP 1000, if such a list existed... but it doesn't, so they are just listed as wanted by LE with corresponding BOLO's. Some of these guys have been on the run for weeks and months, managing to avoid LE. Many of them have been hardcore criminals for most of their life.

Now, Vann......who had pretty minimal charges for the most part, was listed on the TOP 10 immediately after the armed robbery AND right after Rhonda disappeared. You've gotta be a pretty major threat in order to make it onto that list. Nothing I have seen so far has mentioned any prior arrest or criminal history for Vann, yet he got put on the list in rapid fashion. Bang!, right now !!

This woman is missing. The news media is actually showing both of their pictures side by side on their websites.

Like I said, this isn't rocket science......the TBI's actions, speak volumes..

Uhhh, rocket science? What you said above is common sense, we already know that.

I was talking about publicly linking him to RD.

In regards to silence and the TBI, have you followed the Holly Bobo case at all?

All MOO ...

Uhhh, rocket science? What you said above is common sense, we already know that.

I was talking about publicly linking him to RD.

In regards to silence and the TBI, have you followed the Holly Bobo case at all?

All MOO ...

Oh yeah........apparently they don't think the public has the right to know anything. I commented back when they found her skull how they threatened the guy that found it with jail time if he talked to the media or gave interviews. Apparently the first amendment ceases to exists once you drive past the state line into Tennessee.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the same threat hasn't already been imposed on Rhonda's family.

Oh yeah........apparently they don't think the public has the right to know anything. I commented back when they found her skull how they threatened the guy that found it with jail time if he talked to the media or gave interviews. Apparently the first amendment ceases to exists once you drive past the state line into Tennessee.

Exactly, well said!

I am hoping they believe Rhonda is still alive and that publicly linking him to her disappearance could put her at even more risk.

please please please. She looks like the sweetest of woman and so much to give to her future grandchild:(

I wonder what he could possibly testify about in the grand jury? Do they call in character witnesses or something?

I've been wondering the same thing Surfie. I am speculating that CD has some role at the church (elder perhaps) that would have placed him in a position to either have seen LV at the church with the minor or can attest to LV's access to the videotapes that LV allegedly altered. Again, my speculations only!

I was so hopeful today while at work that I would come home to find that Rhonda was found safe and sound....:(

Supplies and gas with the few hundred dollars that LV stole from his former employers won't last long...he will have to surface sometime right? Either commit another crime or attempt to get work under the table or assume another identity?

Another angle nobody is talking about......Rhonda may well have been kidnapped for spite, but at the same time she may be serving a dual role as a financier for the fugitives' journey. Since the cops are staying mum, and even refusing to acknowledge a link between the two cases, part of that may be because they are tracking them electronically as they travel along. That would partially explain why they don't want to publicly tie them together....fear of sending Vann into even more of a panic. Just let him travel along with his new hostage......until they get close enough to nab him. Rhonda gets to buy all the gas and meals until then.

It's sort of amusing to me how law enforcement almost seems to believe that nobody has internet access except for them and the people on Websleuths. Anybody with a cell phone can get on the world wide web and read the local news stories, either while sitting in their home or while cruising down the highway at 70 mph. Vann can easily read the same news all of us are reading. Vann can also see that he has been listed on the TBI's TOP 10 list. I have to assume that is part of the reason LE isn't naming him as a suspect in her disappearance, adding more desperation to his already desperate state of mind.

Of course, the MAJOR flaw in this theory would be........if he had his own personal banker-on-board, then why rob the elderly couple ? Was it for the guns, was it for the cash, was it for both ?

By the way, I think her new grandchild should make an appearance any day now.

Another angle nobody is talking about......Rhonda may well have been kidnapped for spite, but at the same time she may be serving a dual role as a financier for the fugitives' journey. Since the cops are staying mum, and even refusing to acknowledge a link between the two cases, part of that may be because they are tracking them electronically as they travel along. That would partially explain why they don't want to publicly tie them together....fear of sending Vann into even more of a panic. Just let him travel along with his new hostage......until they get close enough to nab him. Rhonda gets to buy all the gas and meals until then.

It's sort of amusing to me how law enforcement almost seems to believe that nobody has internet access except for them and the people on Websleuths. Anybody with a cell phone can get on the world wide web and read the local news stories, either while sitting in their home or while cruising down the highway at 70 mph. Vann can easily read the same news all of us are reading. Vann can also see that he has been listed on the TBI's TOP 10 list. I have to assume that is part of the reason LE isn't naming him as a suspect in her disappearance, adding more desperation to his already desperate state of mind.

Of course, the MAJOR flaw in this theory would be........if he had his own personal banker-on-board, then why rob the elderly couple ? Was it for the guns, was it for the cash, was it for both ?

By the way, I think her new grandchild should make an appearance any day now.

I'm pretty sure that I saw a post on her missing page indicating the the grandchild was born over the weekend. So sad that she had to miss it.

I don't believe that Rhonda could have any money or credit cards with her. Her purse, cell phone, reading glasses, keys and car were all found at her house. However, her kidnapper could have forced her to get and take an emergency cash fund that was stashed someplace in the house. But again...why rob the former employers? I would have leaned towards thinking he was after the guns rather than the money but he actually stated that he needed money.

Another wild possibility I've considered is that there is contact between her kidnapper and the family or the kidnapper and LE that we don't know about. Perhaps he is using her as a negotiation tool for getting all charges dropped against him in exchange for her release? Perhaps concern for her safety is what is keeping LE quiet on the possible link?

I wish we knew what he did with the red truck....

Investigators are just looking for a break. Big. Little. No matter the size. Just one break. And that one break may be all they need to unravel the mystery that surrounds the disappearance of 49-year old Rhonda Kitts Daugherty. Today marks a week, a very long week, since the Coolidge woman was last seen. From Sheriff Robbie Goins to Chief Deputy Aaron Evans to deputies, detectives, and TBI agents, there are anywhere from 10 to 20 officers looking for Daugherty everyday.

The two words that highlight the theme of this strange and disturbing event are “vanished” and “standstill.” It’s been said countless times that Daugherty just vanished, and that even though the search has gone 24/7 since, no clues leave the investigation at a standstill.

http://www.1450wlaf.com/

And still.......they play the game.

Rhonda's missing page on FB seems to indicate the new baby is already here. Can anyone confirm?

http://www.1450wlaf.com/

Looks like he got it from the local Enterprise. This particular vehicle gets around 28 MPG. Sounds like somebody was planning on a road trip to me...............

2013 Chevrolet Captiva

Just a thought on the rental car. I can't remember which case/thread it was on but there was a rental car involved and LE was able to track it's movements through it's GPS. I would think if that were the case here TBI would already have LV but just maybe they are monitoring his movements. Far reach but something that came to mind this morning.

Day 8 and still nothing :(

Just a thought on the rental car. I can't remember which case/thread it was on but there was a rental car involved and LE was able to track it's movements through it's GPS. I would think if that were the case here TBI would already have LV but just maybe they are monitoring his movements. Far reach but something that came to mind this morning.

Day 8 and still nothing :(

The most recent case I can remember was the lady that was snatched off the street there in Pennsylvania, Carlesha Freeland-Gaither. She put up a fight and kicked out the windows of his car, and was later rescued alive. He had bought the car from some note lot, and since his credit was so lousy, they attached a GPS monitor to his car....probably without his knowledge. If he did know about it, then he ranks as one of the dumbest criminals ever born.

I don't know how many of these rental car agencies would have GPS transmitters on their cars due to privacy issues and the cost involved. Everybody is pretty busy pinching pennies these days, I'm sure there is probably a good deal of cost involved for each transmitter, plus the cost of the monitoring service. If you were a rental car agency with dozens, and possibly hundreds of cars on the lot, I would imagine the cost of the transmitters alone might be prohibitive.

I think if the cops had a single clue where this guy was, they wouldn't hesitate to pick him up in 2 seconds flat. He is probably living out of that car, and is most likely 3 or 4 States away by now. I saw half a dozen cars yesterday, just tooling around town, that look just like the one he is driving. He most likely stole a tag for it as well, which may throw things off a little if a cop is just parked along the highway monitoring traffic. Hopefully he will try to park it at night in a state park, a mall parking lot, or some public place where a cop may come around and run tags on the vehicles that are parked there in the middle of the night.

The way this guy is behaving, I wouldn't be surprised if he is already in Mexico, or at least headed there. If that happens, this case is going to go ice cold, and we'll be monitoring this forum for months, much like so many of these cases.

I have almost no doubt that Rhonda's disappearance is tied to Vann. He was being too erratic and crazy for somebody that just decided to leave town to avoid his day in court. He was acting panicked....big time. I don't think the mystery of Rhonda's disappearance is going to be solved until they manage to get their hands on Vann, and ask him a few hundred questions.

Looked for MSM updates, nothing. Anyone else?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horizon54
Back