Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #3

Yes. The NewsNation article said the only items found on him were the shirt and the watch (no mention of undergarments, which would lend to the boots & pants just washing away with the current, IMO).
Is there any mention about undergarments (specifically his underwear)?

I don’t know what it is about men and water but yesterday I was coming home from a night out when I passed 4 men. They were sitting and smoking and one of them was standing right by the edge of the canal with no fence. They weren’t looking and they guy was going side by side trying to keep balance. I yelled at them to watch your friend he is about to damn fall
In the canal. They quickly got up and pulled him back and thanked me. Before as a woman I would probably not stopper to talk to 4 drunk guys alone but thought about Riley.

Riley Strain’s family is questioning why the belt they know he was wearing didn’t secure his pants the night of his disappearance.

“Riley had a swimmer’s body,” family friend Chris Dingman said during an appearance on “Elizabeth Vargas Reports.” “(The belt) would have been snug to him, riding on his hips. … As soon as we found out he had a belt on that night, (it) totally changes the dynamics of why those articles are missing.”
Riley Strain’s family says belt should have secured pants

Now we learn he was wearing a belt which is why his family has questions about why his pants weren't on.

Not sure where the family is going with this but it is entirely possible that Riley, in his inebriated condition, undid his belt and fly to urinate before falling into the river.
I guess they’re still having difficulty believing he could have wound up dead simply by being drunk. Maybe it seems too preventable to them and so they don’t want to believe it?

In any case, were they positive that he was wearing a belt, and was this belt found, or is it presumed to be lost along with pants, wallet, and boots?

Riley Strain’s family say belt should have secured pants
Hmm, he was an exellent swimmer. I'm struggling with the fact that he could walk and speak but was not coherent enough to be startled when he hit the water to save himself. Also, his body would metabolize the alcohol over the hours he was still alive to make him more coherent to then get transportation, or call someone to help him. IF he was drugged he wouldn't be able to wander around, he would pass out almost immediately...all JMO

I guess they’re still having difficulty believing he could have wound up dead simply by being drunk. Maybe it seems too preventable to them and so they don’t want to believe it?

In any case, were they positive that he was wearing a belt, and was this belt found, or is it presumed to be lost along with pants, wallet, and boots?
If I was the parent of this young man, I would need to know and maybe they know but it isn't for public knowledge
Where else and how much the guys drank before they went to this bar? Could his drink have been compromised but no one elses was? What he did to get kicked out of the bar? Did any of the guys check up on him or talk to him after he left the bar? Did he talk to anyone after he left the bar?

Hmm, he was an exellent swimmer. I'm struggling with the fact that he could walk and speak but was not coherent enough to be startled when he hit the water to save himself.
I fully agree with your point- if an experienced swimmer can walk, they can also swim.

But.... was the river running high and fast that night?
What he did to get kicked out of the bar? Did any of the guys check up on him or talk to him after he left the bar?
The bar owners have answered question one by allowing the family to see surveillance footage. The answer to question two is very likely "no".

If I was the parent of this young man, I would need to know and maybe they know but it isn't for public knowledge
Where else and how much the guys drank before they went to this bar? Could his drink have been compromised but no one elses was? What he did to get kicked out of the bar? Did any of the guys check up on him or talk to him after he left the bar? Did he talk to anyone after he left the bar?
True. They may have reasons to question the narrative.

Is it not plausible that he fell in the river and kicked his boots off, then took his jeans off-in an attempt to make it easier to stay above water? Even though he was an excellent swimmer, being drugged or drunk would make swimming more difficult-especially if the current was moderately fast. I just don’t see this being anything other than a terrible accident that could have been avoided, but that is JMO.

Is it not plausible that he fell in the river and kicked his boots off, then took his jeans off-in an attempt to make it easier to stay above water? Even though he was an excellent swimmer, being drugged or drunk would make swimming more difficult-especially if the current was moderately fast. I just don’t see this being anything other than a terrible accident that could have been avoided, but that is JMO.
I think the fact that both autopsies revealed no blunt force trauma, stab wounds or gunshot wounds means he was not a victim of foul play. Any one of those would have changed the entire narrative.

Additionally, his watch was not stolen, and there has been no activity on his cards. These too would have been a game changer.

Last edited:
The family however seems to find great significance in the fact that the belt did not retain his jeans:

(NewsNation) — Riley Strain’s family is questioning why the belt they know he was wearing didn’t secure his pants the night of his disappearance.

Riley had a swimmer’s body,” family friend Chris Dingman said during an appearance on “Elizabeth Vargas Reports.” “(The belt) would have been snug to him, riding on his hips. … As soon as we found out he had a belt on that night, (it) totally changes the dynamics of why those articles are missing.”

I think the fact that both autopsies revealed no blunt force trauma, stab wounds or gunshot wounds means he was not a victim of foul play. Any one of those would have changed the entire narrative.

Additionally, his watch was not stolen, and there has been no activity on his cards. These too would have been a game changer.
I agree, so how do you explain the boots coming off? you'd think they would be like suction cups. What if: he tripped cause his pants were down, fell down the hill, dont know the terrain down by the river or where he fell in, but is it possible one of the homeless people tried to help him, grabbed onto his boots to pull him out of the water or drag him away from the edge ? and they came off? perhaps he died before falling into the water.? if I was a homeless person, I dont know if Id admit it( that I was actually helping) who would believe it?
JSM ( above) is a genius I hope they did the tests he mentioned.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back