Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #3

PLEASE stay on topic.
Generalized discussion of bars’ policies, the implementation of hypothetical practices that may or may not have changed the course of events in this case are considered off topic. Personal anecdotes and stories or comparisons to other (unrelated) cases are considered off topic.

When posting factual information, to include screenshots/images, you must provide a link to an approved source.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Last edited:
Here is where they talk about the homeless guy having the shirt:

Chris Salisbury, an advocate for Nashville-area homeless, shared new details Wednesday about the shirt that Strain was last seen wearing with NewsNation’s Ashleigh Banfield.

Salisbury said he was able to go and find surveillance information based on the homeless community and discovered that a homeless man named Ross was wearing Strain’s shirt — which had vomit on it — said he found the clothing item on a railing. However, where Ross says he found it doesn’t add up, according to Salisbury.

Sigh. Every day that goes by is more and more torture for Riley’s family.

I’m not so sure that we have valid info regarding the shirt. It feels too easy an object to misidentify.

I also don’t feel, just me personally, that there’s much to glean from Riley’s “lops” text. As everyone has said, it is easy to mistype. I always mistype on the tiny IPhone keyboard when I’m simultaneously walking. Imagine how much harder for someone drunk, in the dark, stumbling around.

It could mean all the ideas that have already been suggested. Lost, lol, all the other plausible interpretations. It could be a mistyped “love.” He could have been doing voice-to-text but slurring his words.

What I think it mainly shows is that he was walking and he was intoxicated and not up to writing a full text. I don’t think it’s a clue beyond that.

It’s so wonderful to have the Cajun Navy and others who are professionals at water searches. We all know if Riley’s in the water, he could be very far away. He could be trapped underwater in some kind of debris. Some fish could have—-I’m very sorry—nibbled on him already.

Even if he somehow didn’t tumble into the river, he’s been gone for two weeks, so even if on the slightest chance he is on land, he must still be trapped somehow.

The obvious outcome seems, well, obvious.

Praying he will be recovered soon. The family needs closure.

All just my heartbroken opinion.

Search for Riley Strain, missing 13 days, moves to Ashland City waterways

View attachment 492071
Noting:

EMA director Edwin Hogan said bodies that go into the river in Nashville typically get to Cheatham County in about 10 days. The most difficult part with this particular search is they did not know if Strain is even in the river.

“Normally you have a location,” Hogan said. “Somebody can say, ‘Hey, this person last time we saw them was here.’ We don’t have that. Nashville OEM and PD and everyone who has done a great job doing the search. Over time things just go downriver. We’re just searching down here in case he were to be down here.”

MAR 21, 2024
The family of Riley Strain has reviewed unreleased surveillance video of the 22-year-old Missouri student walking along Gay Street.

Strain’s stepfather, Chris Whiteid, told News 2 that in the video it appears Strain is briskly walking or jogging. The camera captured him walking between the Woodland St Bridge and Main St bridge.

[...]

On Monday, March 18, the department released bodycam video from an officer interacting with Strain on Gay Street just south of the Woodland Street Bridge from the night of Friday, March 8.

[...]

His family said they were shown the video of Strain’s last known appearance Sunday.

“The video was shown to us on Sunday after they found the debit card,” Whiteid said. “It was the last known video of Riley. Basically from where the body camera footage was with the officer to just right before the James Robertson Bridge.”

The search for Strain has still not produced any evidence of a “criminal element” to his disappearance, Nashville police said in a statement Thursday.

Last edited:
Noting:

EMA director Edwin Hogan said bodies that go into the river in Nashville typically get to Cheatham County in about 10 days. The most difficult part with this particular search is they did not know if Strain is even in the river.

“Normally you have a location,” Hogan said. “Somebody can say, ‘Hey, this person last time we saw them was here.’ We don’t have that. Nashville OEM and PD and everyone who has done a great job doing the search. Over time things just go downriver. We’re just searching down here in case he were to be down here.”
It's a shame this happens so often that there's a "typically."

Steve Fischer, a private investigator working closely with the family, just posted this clarifier on the case. No new info, just dispelling rumors with information he knows to be fact.
Can you show me where we know this PI is working for the family? I seem to think he is not working with them and is doing his own investigation.

Can you show me where we know this PI is working for the family? I seem to think he is not working with them and is doing his own investigation.
They haven't hired him in the sense that they aren't paying him but he has been in very close contact and appeared with the family on a few occasions to answer questions.

According to WKRN, "Steve Fischer is a private investigator based in California who is looking into the case for free" -- source

He was on a panel with some of the family:
Also on Nancy Grace with the family spokesperson, Chris:

Last edited:
Steve Fischer, a private investigator working closely with the family, just posted this clarifier on the case. No new info, just dispelling rumors with information he knows to be fact.
He makes a really good point about the shirt nonsense, and it seems like every case has a red herring like this. Just an unfounded rumor that has grown legs.

He makes a really good point about the shirt nonsense, and it seems like every case has a red herring like this. Just an unfounded rumor that has grown legs.
Yes.

It’s a tantalizing detail for the media, particularly the sensationalist type like IMO Banfield.

Desperate, incorrigible homeless person is happy to snatch the vomit-ridden shirt flung on a railing by a missing young man.

For the media, what’s not to love about a juicy tidbit like that?

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back